#46: Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Ain't it grand? We've come a long way babee!
    • I love quirky Clay Aiken
    • Fascinating, outrageous Clay. Give me more. I want more.
    • The twisty tie confuses me EVERYtime
    • Still hotness after all these years!!
    • All that said - Orchestra, Band, Kazoo, Bongos, a capella - I'm there. Just sing for us, baby!!
    • If he's singing, I'm there, no matter what, no matter where!
    • As long as he wears his smile all is well
    • That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

Let's look at these again.....

newoldclay.jpg

newoldpic2.jpg

The hands do look a bit disproportionate in the first picture.

I also can't imagine Clay in an outfit with that kind of "belt arrangement."

I wonder whose body that is!!??

Can anyone find some hands photos to compare?

Back to the grammar/spelling discussion for a second.

There's another one: Who's and whose :)

eta: I almost forgot!

It made me tear up!!

HAPPY MARTIN LUTHER KING DAY FCA!!

And I don't believe that the only information he gets from fan boards is from the OFC.

Really where do you think he gets information from ?

I am not saying that Clay reads the fan boards other than OFC but I think any good support team including friends would read other boards particularly around important times such as opening and closing of Spamalot.

It would be really short sighted to get fan response from only one source.

I was just wondering what you meant. I found it interesting

I am never guessing what is photo shopped or not again

decided for now on I am just believing everything until it's proved wrong.

Akim

good look with your computer. I hope you get it fixed soon :)

Kim - I sympathize with your TV/Cable woes!!! I forgot to mention that I am still having problems with my computer, even after my guru was here for 2½ hours on Saturday. It still isn't booting up sometimes (gets hung up on the welcome screen) and then after a couple of hours it will display an error message and the aother saying it needs to restart, and then it'll reboot itself. Not a good sign!

I also have Comcast and have been thinking of another possibility. I wanted to wait for Verizon Fios but it doesn't look as if that will be available here for awhile. I think Dish Network might be another option, or just the regular Verizon DSL.

But then what to do for TV reception? It's a dilemma! :8:

From the CH:

They are photoshopped by a Japanese fan. Not sure if these particular pics are on this site, but this is her smugmug account. Her name is Kaoru. She's a friend of Mariko who many of you know

http://kaoru.smugmug.com/

There are some wonderful photoshops in her "I Made ..." and "Fabulous Me" folders.

Maybe instead of just believing, don't get invested either way until you know for sure. There are a lot of photoshops out there.

Maybe instead of just believing, don't get invested either way until you know for sure. There are a lot of photoshops out there.

Yeah maybe

not sure how invested I feel in it. Just feel stupid.

I am sure there are many photoshopped out there

I tried to make one for my friend who loves that green sweater. We were trying to count how many times he wore it & I tried to put the green sweater on a Clay baby picture. I could not do it though :(

I refuse to believe everything, if things check out for me Ill believe them...if they dont check out for me I wont

those hands and that head definitely dont check out lol

but its not that big of a deal, photoshops are fun and harmless as long as they arent meant to be harmful...I love looking at the thread at the OFC where they have clay "visiting" different countries, and they photoshop him different places lol its cute..its in the "dear Clay" thread if anyone wants to read a harmless, fun, no angst thread..

CF! :big hug:
Hey! What am I? Chopped Liver? TM Patsy :(

Happy monday everyone..especially those of you with jobs :hahaha:
I resemble that remark... <_<

Glad MamaTomato is doing better! :bighug: To both of you! :bighug:

Skimming quickly, I know I've missed stuff! School & main job are still kicking my butt. Hopefully things will settle down a bit this week... :unsure:

Help At work and can't bring them over but there are two "new" old pics of Clay at the CH. Gah worthy to say the least.

Here you go merieeee

Why on earth were these never used?!?!?!

newoldclay.jpg

newoldpic2.jpg

ETA - CH is discussing whether or not these are photoshops?

The first one is so..so photoshopped, but the second one is just GAH and that is his face for sure. GAH!!! to the max!

Kim - I sympathize with your TV/Cable woes!!! I forgot to mention that I am still having problems with my computer, even after my guru was here for 2½ hours on Saturday. It still isn't booting up sometimes (gets hung up on the welcome screen) and then after a couple of hours it will display an error message and the aother saying it needs to restart, and then it'll reboot itself. Not a good sign!

I also have Comcast and have been thinking of another possibility. I wanted to wait for Verizon Fios but it doesn't look as if that will be available here for awhile. I think Dish Network might be another option, or just the regular Verizon DSL.

But then what to do for TV reception? It's a dilemma! :8:

I am having the same problem with my computer; hope it doesn't affect the installation of the AT &T software...guess I will find out on Thursday.

Kim

Why do you think the first one is photoshopped? Definetely looks like his hands...to me anyway.

No problem.....just wondering what is the trick to knowing real from fake? ......I mean other than the obvious when it's really badly done.

In the second one the neck looked unusually long to me and I guess now looking at the first one, the hands are really huge compared to the head...but they look like Clay's hands. This stuff creeps me out...... :unsure:

I interrupt our regularly scheduled GAHing to :clap::clap::clap: for myself!

This morning I reached the 45 lb mark on my way to fit back into my size 10 wardrobe. 10 lbs to go. :clap::clap:

I didn't mark the exact day I started, but think it was last March. I know I went down 15 lbs in the first few weeks, then stayed the same weight for 2 friggin' months, then went down 15 lbs in 3 months, vacationed in Hawaii for 2 weeks (actually lost 2 pounds from all the walking and salad/fruit eating), and have gone down 13 more pounds in the last 3.5 months.

Visulize me doing the crazy dance this morning when the scales said 150. I'm afraid to eat anything today, cause I'll cry if the scales go back up tomorrow. :cryingwlaughter:

what is the trick to knowing real from fake?

Let me count the ways...

1. His hands are out of proportion to his face in the first photo. Too big.

2. In the second picture his head is too big.

3. I'm pretty sure I recognize the original shots they were taken from

4. There are no other pictures of him in either of those outfits.

5. There was no OFC at the time these would have been taken. (MOAM)

6. They are "tagged" by the photoshopper w/her screen name at the bottom.

just the major ones for me... :)

This morning I reached the 45 lb mark on my way to fit back into my size 10 wardrobe. 10 lbs to go. :clap::clap:

I didn't mark the exact day I started, but think it was last March. I know I went down 15 lbs in the first few weeks, then stayed the same weight for 2 friggin' months, then went down 15 lbs in 3 months, vacationed in Hawaii for 2 weeks (actually lost 2 pounds from all the walking and salad/fruit eating), and have gone down 13 more pounds in the last 3.5 months.

Visulize me doing the crazy dance this morning when the scales said 150. I'm afraid to eat anything today, cause I'll cry if the scales go back up tomorrow. :cryingwlaughter:

liney23 That's wonderful! Have you been on a special diet or just cutting back? I need to lose weight but I can't seem to get myself to start. I READ diet books and WATCH exercising video's but that doesn't seem to be working!! :hahaha:

jamar, grest list. I'm convinced. I did think the hands looked a little weird.

liney :14:

After losing weight a few years ago, mine is starting to creep up again. I'm trying to list everything I eat on thedailyplate.com. Hoping it works. :hangin:

They are expecting snow here and all the way to Raleigh tonight and tomorrow. It'll be a real mess if it happens. I hope it doesn't affect the Celine concert tomorrow. :freezing::please:

liney23 That's wonderful! Have you been on a special diet or just cutting back? I need to lose weight but I can't seem to get myself to start. I READ diet books and WATCH exercising video's but that doesn't seem to be working!! :hahaha:

Jaycee... I have a friend with cancer. He went to the Issel's Cancer Center and they immediately put him on a acid/alkaline diet. Your blood needs to be alkaline, but 90% of foods we eat/drink are acid, so our organs work really hard to change that. Our livers and kidneys work overtime and the acid is stored in fat cells. So, the more acid you eat, the more fat cells you have to hold on to, hence the difficulty some people have losing weight.

So, I decided to try it. You don't watch portions as much as you watch what you eat. You can get a good list of what is what from acidalkalinediet.com, but basically meats/wheat/dairy/nuts/coffee/black tea are acid. Veggies are alkaline. Fruit is in the middle. You need to eat 30% acid and 70% alkaline or 1/3 of your plate with acid and 2/3 with salad/veggies.

I substitute sprouted grain bread for regular bread, and goat milk or almond milk for cow milk, and almonds and walnuts are alkaline, so I use almond butter instead of peanut butter.

Then a trick I read about on that website is to get some baking soda (non-aluminum) and put a tiny pinch in each glass of water you drink to further alkalinize and make up for the coffee/tea.

This trick I recommend to everyone whether they are dieting or not.

I feel great and even had to cut my thyroid meds in half after 3 months on this diet.

Exercise tricks another time... :cryingwlaughter:

Wow, I just read on another board that Wrapping for Inclusion brought in over $41,000!!! FearofH20 & georgiesmybaby, you should be so proud of all the hard work you put in ( and any others who contributed as well). The dedication & committment I observed when working with these ladies is just awesome!! :clap::clap: