#46: Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Ain't it grand? We've come a long way babee!
    • I love quirky Clay Aiken
    • Fascinating, outrageous Clay. Give me more. I want more.
    • The twisty tie confuses me EVERYtime
    • Still hotness after all these years!!
    • All that said - Orchestra, Band, Kazoo, Bongos, a capella - I'm there. Just sing for us, baby!!
    • If he's singing, I'm there, no matter what, no matter where!
    • As long as he wears his smile all is well
    • That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

Congratulations Liney!!!

Since I've lost the same 10 pounds 500 times, I know how hard it is to stay on a diet.

CF! :big hug:
Hey! What am I? Chopped Liver? TM Patsy :(

I think I gots a hug cuz I'm "speshul". wootsmiley.gif

Whew. Glad those Photoshops got all analyzed before I went and saved them.

:lilredani:

*goes off to the kitchen to down a box of baking soda*

dan.gif

I'll take my small portion of the thanks ncgran. You and cam are fantastic wrappers, I only wish you lived closer to the site. This season was tough with people cutting back on purchases. Despite that we did pretty darn good. However ,georgiesmybaby deserves 99% of the credit for our success.

Jaycee... I have a friend with cancer. He went to the Issel's Cancer Center and they immediately put him on a acid/alkaline diet. Your blood needs to be alkaline, but 90% of foods we eat/drink are acid, so our organs work really hard to change that. Our livers and kidneys work overtime and the acid is stored in fat cells. So, the more acid you eat, the more fat cells you have to hold on to, hence the difficulty some people have losing weight.

So, I decided to try it. You don't watch portions as much as you watch what you eat. You can get a good list of what is what from acidalkalinediet.com, but basically meats/wheat/dairy/nuts/coffee/black tea are acid. Veggies are alkaline. Fruit is in the middle. You need to eat 30% acid and 70% alkaline or 1/3 of your plate with acid and 2/3 with salad/veggies.

I substitute sprouted grain bread for regular bread, and goat milk or almond milk for cow milk, and almonds and walnuts are alkaline, so I use almond butter instead of peanut butter.

Then a trick I read about on that website is to get some baking soda (non-aluminum) and put a tiny pinch in each glass of water you drink to further alkalinize and make up for the coffee/tea.

This trick I recommend to everyone whether they are dieting or not.

I feel great and even had to cut my thyroid meds in half after 3 months on this diet.

Exercise tricks another time... :cryingwlaughter:

Thank you for that informtion, I really had no idea about the acid/alkaline thing. I am going to check out that website.

Well, I saved the photoshops before I found out but they're pretty anyway so who cares. Not really a fan of photoshops but at least the creator of them didn't try to pass them off as real.

Couchie, glad things are better with your mother.

Liney, congratulations on your weight loss. I'd never be able to do it though because vegetables are probably my least favorite food group, unless you smother it with cheese or butter or sauces. Basically smothering to the point where I get just a hint of the vegetable.

Great job on the WFI guys.

And CF, are you stalking me now? Admit it, you want me dontcha.

OMG!

I'm laughin' my head off here! I was checking out the emotes and damned if I ain't got my own :canfly: emote here too! :hahaha:

And :dan: is here too, so who uploads emotes here now, lmao???

:dan: is : dan cuz once upon a time a certain poster at the Shed *coughClayphoriacough* was on a rant and asked where is the dang walking away muttering to oneself" emote...only she mistyped "dang" and typed "dan", so pretty soon it was a running joke as to where the dan emote was and there then began a search for "dan". This guy: :dan: was found after many rejected candidates and because of one typo by Clayphoria, :dan: is now : dan on 4 different messageboards! Too freakin' funny!

:cryingwlaughter:

CF

:canfly:

congrats liney Ive been on a diet since Easter almost 2 years ago, and Im still not where I want to be, I still have 60lbs to go :( I lost 30, and then I went through hell in my personal life, and so I wasnt doing it for months, and now when I moved for some reason I lost my apetite so I figured that was a good time to start dieting again, and Ive been doing good...but I dont have my scale so I dont know how much Ive lost..im impatient though, I have yet to go down a size in my pants..thats when Ill be celebrating...60lbs is to daunting, so Im trying to keep smaller goals, but its hard, I was a size 10 in high school and then I went to college and my freshman 15 turned into a freshman 50 lol I havent hit the amount that I started at, and Im still trudging along.

couchie - glad to hear your Mom is doing better!

liney - congrats!!! I'll take all the inspiration I can get as I'm week three into Weight Watchers. I've done this before so I know what to do, it's staying motivated, especially when I love pretty much everything in the food department! And most of it keeps calling my name! :cryingwlaughter:

Bwah, canfly! :hahaha: Ah...were it so easy as that.... :praying:

liney, I'm super proud of you! That's really quite an accomplishment. :woman:

And Jaycee, this CMSU, too

I READ diet books and WATCH exercising video's but that doesn't seem to be working!
Lord knows I know what you're talking about. Thing is, losing weight and getting healthy is not rocket science, is it? The formula's pretty straight forward. More healthful food + more exercise = less fat and more muscle. End of equation. But actually DOING it requires mental and emotional commitment---the food and exercise are actually the easiest parts, IMO.

Of course, I sit here on my fat ass :wordpooper: , so WTF do I know... :glare:

Nothin' much except.... :XmasRed:

Congratulations, liney!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm also in the photoshopped camp -- the proportions just aren't quite right. He looks like he followed SuperMario into one of those strange worlds where random body parts are enlarged or shrunk. *aww, I missed page 69!*

*waves at gareem!*

page 69?

meh

Good smut knows no page restrictions... :hahaha:

I went to a girl's blog (from Google Alert) and she was just sorta writing in a stream of consciousness about random things...she remembered when she was so in love with all the boy bands and then she mentions Clay

I just loved Clay Aiken songs..

Why is he gay?

He's so...aww..

CUTE..Why..Nevermind..

I support you..

Gays are great people..

lol..

They just understand girls better than anyone else..

Ha! Honey, I'm with you.... :hubbahubba:

Oh man, I'm soooooo far behind! That's always what happens when I'm busy celebrating my husband's "birthday weekend!"

Anyway, I have to laugh, because one of the things we did during the weekend was shop for clothes for him. What did he pick up? Several shirts, one pair of pants, two ties...and a sweater vest. Yes, I could totally see Clay wearing it. LOL.

The other thing we did that would be of interest to this board is that we saw the touring company of Spamalot last Friday night. It's still a funny, funny show, and I enjoyed several of the performances. Jonathan Hadary was the king, and I had seen him on Broadway almost a year ago, so I knew pretty much how he was going to be (excellent). I also thought the actor who played Gallahad was quite good. OTOH -- I really missed Clay in the performance of Sir Robin. YWSOB fell rather flat for me. I guess I'm prejudiced that way!

One more thing -- go see "Slumdog Millionaire." Fantastic movie, one of the best I've seen in a long time!

Now, to try and remember all the good stuff around here -- tribeca, I'm glad your niece got her poster signed! liney, congrats on the weight loss! YAY for WFI! couchie, glad Mom is doing better. And {{{{{hugs}}}}} to everyone here! I'm sure I missed someone...

As for those pictures -- I'm trying to find the original of the first one. I've seen it before, I know it! But yeah, I call photoshop on both of those. The second one is very nice, though...he looked so good back then. And he looks good now.

Great conversations around here....

Oh, and some prayers for my sister would be appreciated. Her husband died last weekend (not totally unexpected -- he's 15 years older than my sister and has broken his shoulder and hip in the past 3 months, not to mention suffering from symptoms of Alzheimer's), and I'm making a trip to Florida this weekend to be there for her....

Bwah, canfly! :hahaha: Ah...were it so easy as that.... :praying:

You mean it's not? And I have this major case of salty burps goin' on for nuttin'? :angry:

Nice avatar, Muski. Ya know where that's from right? Detroit JNT by ----> :canfly:

A friend at the Shed made 3 animations out of the vid I shot of those verra, verra tight pants at Detroit JNT. It's all skinny cuz I shot it in widescreen but didn't have anything to cap it in that format, so sorta looks like Clay lost a few pounds, overnight, lol.

Guess he was doing baking soda laced jello shots or sumthin'?

POP_ASS_DET.gif

POP_DET.gif

POP_DET2.gif

It's not fair that Clay, who doesn't need to chug baking soda, gets the wd->sd treatment...

Hmmm.... wouldn't it be great if there were some way to make others see us as though we were widescreen vids capped in sd?... maybe we could bottle it and raise funds for TBAF...

*one last grammatical note -- I wonder if Clay protested about the subjunctive mood item in Invisible. One reason for leaving it that way is that it may sound more "pop" than the correct version. Then again, Beyoncé's "If I Were a Boy" doesn't seem stilted, so who knows?*

*one last grammatical note -- I wonder if Clay protested about the subjunctive mood item in Invisible. One reason for leaving it that way is that it may sound more "pop" than the correct version. Then again, Beyoncé's "If I Were a Boy" doesn't seem stilted, so who knows?*

My goodness, if GFI has a Q and A, I think that's a winner for the most original question ever asked! *G*

ldyj, prayers for your sister on the loss of her hubby. And hugs for couchie and mamacouchie.

Scarlett, what the heck are you talking about? Subjunctive mood. What the heck is that? All this grammar stuff is starting to make my head hurt.

And what a suprise, canfly likes the pretty smilies. She's so easily amused.

Scarlett, what the heck are you talking about? Subjunctive mood. What the heck is that? All this grammar stuff is starting to make my head hurt.

And what a suprise, canfly likes the pretty smilies. She's so easily amused.

Yes it's giving me a headache as well.

Canfly is making me :)

so I guess I am easily amused

Nice avatar, Muski. Ya know where that's from right? Detroit JNT by

Uh....canfly? I was wondering.... :whistling-1: er.... :unsure: If I were to be curious enough to know exactly which song from that Detroit JnT those packed pants that particular avatar came from.....

uh... :tasty:

Where might I look....hmmm? :lilredani:

justclay12, tribeca, since Beyoncé is not really a boy and Clay is not really invisible and for that matter Tevye (in Fiddler on the Roof) is not really a rich man, the lyrics should go... "If I were a boy", "If I were Invisible" and "If I were a rich man".

It's making my head ache too so I will let grammar rest. Anyway, I'm an engineer not an English major, so I'm just guessing most of the time. :P

{{{ldyj and sis}}} :thbighug-1: