#46: Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Ain't it grand? We've come a long way babee!
    • I love quirky Clay Aiken
    • Fascinating, outrageous Clay. Give me more. I want more.
    • The twisty tie confuses me EVERYtime
    • Still hotness after all these years!!
    • All that said - Orchestra, Band, Kazoo, Bongos, a capella - I'm there. Just sing for us, baby!!
    • If he's singing, I'm there, no matter what, no matter where!
    • As long as he wears his smile all is well
    • That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

CONGRATS to you, Liney! What a fantastic achievement!

Ldyj, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. *HUGS* to you and your sister.

So, I'm supposed to be in a meeting tomorrow at 10:00 Colorado time, which is right when the inauguration will be taking place. Do ya think I'll get in trouble if I ditch the meeting and find a place in the hospital to watch TV at that time instead? Heh.

Gibby... that's your patriotic duty, dang nab it! Do it!!!

I'm streaming it at work... so there!

{{{{{{lydj's sister and family}}}}}

Thanks, everyone for the congrats! I accept! I feel like I got myself back!

It's not fair that Clay, who doesn't need to chug baking soda, gets the wd->sd treatment...

Hmmm.... wouldn't it be great if there were some way to make others see us as though we were widescreen vids capped in sd?... maybe we could bottle it and raise funds for TBAF...

For a second there I went huh-1.png but then I went ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... wd=widescreen and sd=standard

Kewl!!! It would be like that mirror that I used to have in my old classroom that made everybody (including me) look skinny. I liked that mirror!

:lilredani:

OK, so I got over the huh-1.png but then ya threw this at me:

*one last grammatical note -- I wonder if Clay protested about the subjunctive mood item in Invisible. One reason for leaving it that way is that it may sound more "pop" than the correct version. Then again, Beyoncé's "If I Were a Boy" doesn't seem stilted, so who knows?*

So, I did that huh-1.png thing again and then I went ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... She means "If I were Invisible" vs "If I was Invisible".

Subjunctive? I remember that word from when I got a few grammar lessons in Grade 8 in 19...something or other. So...there is the song "If I were a rich man..." so both are right. Right?

shrug-1.gif

My goodness, if GFI has a Q and A, I think that's a winner for the most original question ever asked! *G*

GFI?

OK. CF's back to this again: huh-1.png

Scarlett, what the heck are you talking about? Subjunctive mood. What the heck is that?

She means "If I were Invisible" vs "If I was Invisible". I think

All this grammar stuff is starting to make my head hurt.

therethere.gif

And what a suprise, canfly likes the pretty smilies. She's so easily amused.
condom.gif

Yes it's giving me a headache as well.

therethere.gif

Canfly is making me

so I guess I am easily amused

:Boss:

She thinks I'm funneeeeeeeeeee!

She thinks I'm funneeeeeeeeeee!

She thinks...

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Wait a minute...

"easily amused"???

hissy.gif

justclay12, tribeca, since Beyoncé is not really a boy and Clay is not really invisible and for that matter Tevye (in Fiddler on the Roof) is not really a rich man, the lyrics should go... "If I were a boy", "If I were Invisible" and "If I were a rich man".

I just said that! I's snart! I's snart! :Boss:

But...but...the lyrics DO go "If I were..." sooo...

WTF is your point woman?

It's making my head ache too so I will let grammar rest. Anyway, I'm an engineer not an English major, so I'm just guessing most of the time.

Oh. OK. You don't have a point. Gotcha.

thumbsup-2.gif

smartass.gif

OK, so like have I exceed some emote limit or sumthin'?

Let's give 'er a go....

Nice avatar, Muski. Ya know where that's from right? Detroit JNT by

Uh....canfly? I was wondering.... :whistling-1: er.... :unsure: If I were to be curious enough to know exactly which song from that Detroit JnT those packed pants that particular avatar came from.....

uh... :tasty:

Where might I look....hmmm? :lilredani:

I dunno.... CU, lol? I don't supposed they would have labelled that one with "Clay walks across the stage in POP that are exceedingly tight?"

:cryingwlaughter:

Lemme check the old laptop/external and see if I can find the clips and if not, that means going here and going eeenie...meenie...miney...moe...

http://clackunlimited.com/clack/Concert_Cl...roit/canfly172/

Unless luckiest remembers?

It's gotta be one of the banter ones.

justclay12, tribeca, Clay is not really invisible and for that matter

{{{ldyj and sis}}} :thbighug-1:

I thought that was just way the boy felt in the song. He felt invisible. He wasn't really invisible. The girl just didn't see him.

or maybe he was just a fly on the wall ?

:getaroom:

The new and incredibly intuitive emotie titles and all the new ones are products of a lot of work by cindilu, whose genius at naming (renaming) becomes more and more apparent to me each day. I just think, what would I call that emotie?? and type it in, and 75% or 80% of the time, it's correct. Like just now. It does help that I know our collection very well, but lots of them are stolen from here and there so canfly you probably already know a lot of them too.

I'm enjoying seeing y'all play with the emoties. Nice seeing you break out some variety since we do have a whole lot of them and many cool ones!!

And what else is there to do? (I've been working all night because I'm a procrastinator.)

The new and incredibly intuitive emotie titles and all the new ones are products of a lot of work by cindilu, whose genius at naming (renaming) becomes more and more apparent to me each day. I just think, what would I call that emotie?? and type it in, and 75% or 80% of the time, it's correct. Like just now. It does help that I know our collection very well, but lots of them are stolen from here and there so canfly you probably already know a lot of them too.

Go Cindy! :thewave:

I did notice when I first joined up her that a lot of the emotes had weird, random names and I was gonna suggest that somebody oughta go in and re-name them and I was gonna offer but I didn't know if you'd want me in there dickering around with things but I've spent my fair share of time uploading emotes to both Invision and Yuku boards. (I er...um...found out that the max for Yuku is 300 emotes.

gaah.gif

I am an emote ho! :curtsy:

(who is now waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too tired to keep going to PB for stuff, lol)

Cindy,

Keep going babe. More and more of them actually make some sort of sense.

:thewave: ain't fixed yet, lol.

Let's see... :confetti:

0 for 2. Sorry. I can't figure out which emoties you might be talking about. It really does help to know our collection well when you're guessing. I actually remember you posting about the awkward names long ago. We tend to use certain ones a lot--like the ones in the box over there. :hysterical: <--- (well it's over there while I'm writing this, anyway). I do like to memorize my favorites though, like :hysterical:

{{{ldyj}}} - praying for your sister and all your family!

As for the picture we are trying to place.... I can't quite put my finger on it either. It look like it was taken outside, because his eyes are a little squinty. Could it be one of the ones on the bicycle? I can't for the life of me think of what folder that could be in!! I can't think of what magazine it was in either.

I did find one kind of similar tho...

04tvguide.jpg

The hair looks a little the same. It's labeled tv guide, so I guess that one was in tv guide! You can compare the hands at least!!

th_newoldclay.jpg

:friends: to couchie :hello:

Unless luckiest remembers?

It's gotta be one of the banter ones.

Do I remember the pantssssssssssssssssssssssss at Detroit? Why yes, yes I do. I was in the 4th row, after all! It was one of the funniest concert moments I can remember, when he took the stage, the hiss of "pantsssssssssss" was very noticeable! Hee, but I sure don't know which clip those caps came from. The clack (what little of it there is) is in the vault, I am sure it would be an excrutiating exercise for someone to have to watch it and figure it out. :hahaha: However, it's not gonna be me, cuz I'm still knee deep in gala auction clack and Pala clack. *waves to goldarngirl*

ldyj, hugs to you and your sister. I am sorry to hear of her loss.

Photoshopped or not, I still say those hands in that new picture are Clay's.

Aha! Irishbookgal at CV found the "face source" for the one picture:

medium_KSH_15.jpg

I could place what photo shoot it was, just couldn't find the original picture! I'm thinking the other one may be from the same shoot as well.

Photoshop...no photoshop...he's still gorgeous.

GFI.....mmmm.... I think that is coming up sometime soon. Not that I'm 'cited or nuttin'. How many of them there days is it?

This post has been brought to you by the symbol........ and "Gramer's Aint Me" or "How To Learn Yerself Some Goldarn Gud English!

justclay12, tribeca, Clay is not really invisible and for that matter

{{{ldyj and sis}}} :thbighug-1:

I thought that was just way the boy felt in the song. He felt invisible. He wasn't really invisible. The girl just didn't see him.

or maybe he was just a fly on the wall ?

tribeca, if the boy in the song believed that he was invisible, there wouldn't have been an "if" in there. He would have sung "I am Invisible (to her)" or "I was Invisible (to her)". When we talk about things that we know aren't true about ourselves we use "were" (under the pompously named subjunctive mood rule) instead of "was", eg. "If I were Superman" or the famous song "If I were a Rich Man".

*feels guilty for posting over trivialities on such an important day* Have a GREAT day everyone!!!

:nature-smiley-014:

Thanks for bringing that over, ldyj!

merrieeee, I know you can count up to 6!!!! Eeeeeeee!!! Six!!!

*feels guilty for posting over trivialities on such an important day* Have a GREAT day everyone!!!

Why is Clay doing something today*g*

Clay will be watching the exact same thing we are at exactly the same time. Think of it as you and Clay separated by a thousand miles but gazing at the full moon at the exact same moment one night. *swoon*

Good Morning Everyone,

Ldyj Hugs to your sister and you!

6 Days until Golfing For Inclusion! :yahoo:

Don't forget the Celine Dion Concert is tonight in Raleigh and 10 CV'ers are going to be there watching the show with Clay! Look for recaps!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Good Morning Full of Hope for Change, FCA! :lilredani:

ldyj...give an extra hug to your sister for me...and then another one to yourself!

So...got my stitches taken out yesterday and the endodontist's office. Hmmm...another mouthful of novacaine in order to take the stitches out. And I STILL have a bump and pain and funny feeling when I move my face a certain way. So I'm going to ask him to please write a report of all the visits I made in this series of pain ....

oops...gotta go...older daughter just MUST leave the house for school THIS MINUTE! :glare:

:rolleyes:

Drive by posting... {{{ldyj & sis}}}

I hope the CVers are already here and not flying in today as we are having a snow storm and many flights have been canceled. All the schools are closed and some businesses. I did not go into work in fact! YAY! Me! I checked and so far the concert is still on but the roads are a mess. I hope they get better before showtime.

GOOD MORNING FCA!

HAPPY INAUGURATION DAY!

It's an exciting day here in the Nation's Capitol and the Nation in general!

My two older daughters are downtown handing out fill-in-the-blank signs that say:

PRESIDENT OBAMA - I HOPE FOR _____________.

and the individual who carries it will fill in the blank.

Let me know if you see any!

~~

Can't wait to see pictures from tonight's concert!

eta: I just got this in email.

PHOTOS OF INAUGURATION PREPARATIONS

I hope the CVers are already here and not flying in today as we are having a snow storm and many flights have been canceled. All the schools are closed and some businesses. I did not go into work in fact! YAY! Me! I checked and so far the concert is still on but the roads are a mess. I hope they get better before showtime.

i believe they are all there...the last one got out yesterday? someone can correct me if Im wrong.

(((couchie))) abd (((couchiemom)))

Condolences to ldyj and sis. Sorry to hear this!

liney, hoo and also ray! I'm so happy and proud for you! I'm on my way back down the scale again, too...but it will take a lot more than 55 pounds to get into those size 10s! I was so annoyed the other day at Kohls when I asked this skinny clerk where the plus/women's department was...and she glanced at me, waved a hand and said, "In that little corner over there." In that little corner? I smiled and said thanks, but as I walked away, my still slender brain said, "beyotch!" Makes no sense, because so many women are 12 and above...why relegate the plus sizes to a little corner of the store? More motivation to get out of that size, eh? I'm almost back into misses, which is a major deal...Totally opens up the options. I mean, I refuse to wear the same fricking clothes AGAIN this summer. I was sick of them LAST summer! hee

If I have missed someone who needs kudos or hugs, forgive me. I am behind on the board and you tend to miss things reading backwards through the thread.

GOOD MORNING FCA!

HAPPY INAUGURATION DAY!

It's an exciting day here in the Nation's Capitol and the Nation in general!

My two older daughters are downtown handing out fill-in-the-blank signs that say:

PRESIDENT OBAMA - I HOPE FOR _____________.

and the individual who carries it will fill in the blank.

Let me know if you see any!

~~

Can't wait to see pictures from tonight's concert!

eta: I just got this in email.

PHOTOS OF INAUGURATION PREPARATIONS

I've got the ceremonial day set to TIVO, so I can skip through the commentary to watch the bits that interest me. All week, there have been presidential specials on the history channel. The one I watched concerned transportation, including a look inside Air Force One. :)

I will look for those signs, cha cha. How fun!

Hm...I hope for...NOODLES!

I mean, regardless of administration, I'm likely to be disappointed in what I hope for. But noodles? Noodles are within reach...Warm and satisfying, cheap and tasty.

So, yeah. That's my hope.

NOODLES FOR ALL!!!

healthy-meal-of-noodles.jpg

Y'all have a great day.

*checks watch*

Too early for lunch?

:)