#46: Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Ain't it grand? We've come a long way babee!
    • I love quirky Clay Aiken
    • Fascinating, outrageous Clay. Give me more. I want more.
    • The twisty tie confuses me EVERYtime
    • Still hotness after all these years!!
    • All that said - Orchestra, Band, Kazoo, Bongos, a capella - I'm there. Just sing for us, baby!!
    • If he's singing, I'm there, no matter what, no matter where!
    • As long as he wears his smile all is well
    • That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

:elephanthugs: to ldyjocelyn and ldyjocelyn's sister.

Mmmm... I hope for... Clay? Isn't that montage with his song supposed to be used today?

Yeah, I'm political. I hear historic event and think "Possible CLAAAAAAAY thing!" :7:

*hops around crazily* Man, I gotta lay offa the coffee.

justclay12, tribeca, Clay is not really invisible and for that matter

{{{ldyj and sis}}} :thbighug-1:

I thought that was just way the boy felt in the song. He felt invisible. He wasn't really invisible. The girl just didn't see him.

or maybe he was just a fly on the wall ?

tribeca, if the boy in the song believed that he was invisible, there wouldn't have been an "if" in there. He would have sung "I am Invisible (to her)" or "I was Invisible (to her)". When we talk about things that we know aren't true about ourselves we use "were" (under the pompously named subjunctive mood rule) instead of "was", eg. "If I were Superman" or the famous song "If I were a Rich Man".

*feels guilty for posting over trivialities on such an important day* Have a GREAT day everyone!!!

:nature-smiley-014:

Thanks for bringing that over, ldyj!

merrieeee, I know you can count up to 6!!!! Eeeeeeee!!! Six!!!

If I was invisible

wait I already am

I don't think the lyrics to songs always make sense (sometimes they just try to make the melody catchy)

but I always felt the boy felt invisible

just like we all do sometimes.

If the grammar wasn't in Schoolhouse Rock (Conjunction Junction, what's your fuuuuunction?), I'm just guessin'. And if Schoolhouse Rock ever turns out to be wrong, a whole lot of us are screwed!

Noodles, huh? No chicken in every pot? I don't want noodles, I want sun-ripened juicy peaches! Yeah, that's the ticket!

Well, that sucks. I hope Clay's schedule is free tomorrow. And it also sucks for those who are attending and who have booked return flights. Ugh.

It's for this reason I avoid winter travels.

Wow...I wonder if any 'special considerations' will be extended to the winners of the prize? Or will they have to absorb any extra costs because of this?

And more importantly (to me...heh) does this mean that now Clay can sing for the Obamas in DC? :lilredani: I want him to sing in person "Something About Us" while they dance. :clap:

:hahaha:

Wow...I wonder if any 'special considerations' will be extended to the winners of the prize? Or will they have to absorb any extra costs because of this?

And more importantly (to me...heh) does this mean that now Clay can sing for the Obamas in DC? :lilredani: I want him to sing in person "Something About Us" while they dance. :clap:

I would eat the cost to me. I would not expect TBAF to foot the bill. Shit happens. Now if Clay thinks he needs to give a little more personal time to the attendees then I would think that appropriate. Maybe a kiss on the cheek for each person would be enough to off set the inconvenience. Or a song. Or a peek at Clay's little man. (No, not Parker.)

That would be so awesome if he did sing even though we know it's not going to happen.

The people who bid on that I expect have enough money not to worry if it was me I would have to sleep in the airport

Or a peek at Clay's little man. (No, not Parker.)

Hmm...well, ncgurrl......if we're referring to anything of Clay's as 'little', Parker's the only thing I can think of that would work. :sleezy:

Oh, and a peck on the cheek will NEVER do! I'd be looking for TONGUE, baybee! :hubbahubba:

Scarlett, what the heck are you talking about? Subjunctive mood. What the heck is that? All this grammar stuff is starting to make my head hurt.

And what a suprise, canfly likes the pretty smilies. She's so easily amused.

Bwah! Actually, I am a bit of a spelling/grammar freak but I usually just know something is wrong and have no idea why. The rules must be swirling around in the back of my mind somewhere along with all the other "useful" facts that lodge there!

If you're bored, you can go to cnn.com/theMoment and play with the picture. It's fascinating to look for famous people in the crowds.

I just got a new phone...a Samsung Instinct. It has live TV so I could watch some of the goings on today, while at my desk. Pretty cool!

From CV....

Clay just called xxx4clay in the hospital. She was originally part of the the group, but obviously couldn't make it.

OMG! Thankful4Clay just reported that on CV they're saying the auction winners are actually WITH Clay tonight! AND that he called xxx4clay because she's in the hospital and was one of the group that put in for the bid with the others! OMG!

God, Ilovethatman.

heh....merrieee....

BUt I want to know...just what does "WITH" Clay mean?!?!?!?! :sleezy:

Well muski beat me to it. I just read that over at the CH. I sure do love that guy and I'm glad that xxx4clay didn't totally miss out.

My heart is beating out of my chest.

I had just hung up from talking to xxx4clay. She called me to thank me for something.

I told her the concert was postponed til tomorrow. She had forgotten all about it. (Meds will do that to you.)

The nurse came in to give her a pill. The phone rang again.

This is everything she told me and she can’t remember it all or get it right, but here goes. She said, “Guess who I just got a call from?” I said ________

She said a male voice said,

“Guess who this is?”

xxx: I have no Idea.

CA: This is Sir Robin.

xxx: Who?

CA: Sir Robin. This is Clay Aiken.

xxx: No.

CA: Yes, this is Clay Aiken. How are you feeling?

xxx: I’m feeling a whole lot better now.

CA: The concert was called off and ????? the CV 9 ????? CV10????

Just finishing up here -- and hoped you could be here, but hopefully next time. Hope you’re feeling better soon.

xxx: He said a couple of other things and I can’t remember. I’m so thrilled. It’s pretty fabulous. I’m pretty happy. I’m gonna sleep as well as I’ve ever slept. I can picture him right now and I’m taking that to bed with me right now. I am so excited, I can barely stand it.

gareem: Is it OK to post?

xxx: Go for it!

Unbelievably sweet. What a guy! :flirtysmile3:

:yeahthat::flirtysmile3:

Big AWWWWWs.

What a great thing to do. :blush:

That's not just any man... THAT's our man!

I always get teased for being Clay-crazy--well why shouldn't I be? That's a good man. You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken! *lols*