#46: Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Ain't it grand? We've come a long way babee!
    • I love quirky Clay Aiken
    • Fascinating, outrageous Clay. Give me more. I want more.
    • The twisty tie confuses me EVERYtime
    • Still hotness after all these years!!
    • All that said - Orchestra, Band, Kazoo, Bongos, a capella - I'm there. Just sing for us, baby!!
    • If he's singing, I'm there, no matter what, no matter where!
    • As long as he wears his smile all is well
    • That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

I kinda of understood both of you

I don't like Clay or anyone else treated as a joke

and understand what Smitty wrote also actually both of their point of views made sense to me

Guess that's what happens when you grow up with a Red Sox fan democrat mother and a Yankee fan republican father (just don't come over during the play-offs)

anyway can someone teach me sometime how to post a picture on here

I thought I knew but all I got was a box with an X in it :(

there are two ways to post photos.

You can either click on the icon for insert an image and add the URL to the photo

Or, browse in your hard drive...find the photo you want to add then upload it. Once it's uploaded you can manage the attachment by clicking on insert into text editor.

I'm thinking if you got a red x then there is a problem with the URL. Someone who knows what they are doing will verify that :hahaha:

jamar....revisionist history is alive and well in many hearts and minds! (and posts) I'd be surprised to see anyone exempt. heh

and 00lsee...

And now, the congregation shall rise and sing Hymn number 169, "I Come With Joy".
I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I haven't met Joy. :huh: Should I go up to her and introduce myself before coming with her? :sleezy:

And now for something comPLETEly different! :lilredani:

I have an urgent question:

Why the HELL am I still up when I have to actually GET up (down smutters---oh wait. that's me :blush:) at 4:15 am? :blink:

Clay has given us all so much--fun, gut-busting laughs, music, joy, FUN, friends, FCA (the best of the best).

So he wears makeup.

So he doesn't pose for the perfect picture.

So he wears weird clothes sometimes.

So he's gay.

So he marches to his own drummer.

So he speaks his mind

Isn't that part of makes him so lovable?

Not. worth. fighting. over.

What would you do?

Videos to the right.

This is that show, couchie, with the cooked steak tartare.

there are two ways to post photos.

You can either click on the icon for insert an image and add the URL to the photo

Or, browse in your hard drive...find the photo you want to add then upload it. Once it's uploaded you can manage the attachment by clicking on insert into text editor.

I'm thinking if you got a red x then there is a problem with the URL. Someone who knows what they are doing will verify that :hahaha:

The red x was because the photo wasn't there, but I figured I'd wait and see it if became available later, or she tried again. Anyway, tribeca, I looked at your code and it is fine. The photo is "not available" at the site you are linking to. If you can still see it there, you can try saving it and uploading it here. Or post a link.

HEY! I just noticed something!

tribeca, your avatar is the same as mine! Now that just won't DO! (JK ;)) I was actually looking to change mine to a cap of this most recent wave from the roof of the Shubert....I know just the frame I want but I'll wait 'til I get back home before I start cropping and resizing...(hmmmm.....that sounds kinda kinky, doesn't it?)

Clay has given us all so much--fun, gut-busting laughs, music, joy, FUN, friends, FCA (the best of the best).

So he wears makeup.

So he's gay.

So he grabs women's boobs for photo opportunities, and looks devilishly wicked and hot while doing it. Even in eye liner.

So he speaks his mind

I added a line. :hahaha:

hey i was just trying to change my Avie

and I stretched Clay's face all out

I must be the worst person on the Internet EVER

OMG--keep that one with Hannah! :flirtysmile3:

Muski, I look forward to seeing it when you get it done.

About being ignored, general question. How many of you sometimes feel ignored here? I know I do. And even feel a little sad about it now and then. But I think it's the nature of boards that you start to take people for granted, they're just part of "everybody," so even though you're not getting acknowledged, you're still part of the fabric. Also, I've found that when I do feel ignored, if I start acknowledging other people, they acknowledge me back. Not that I want us to start with those posts with the long lists of "acknowledgements." :wordpooper: And yeah, being especially provocative pretty much always works to get attention. So does sex. :hahaha:

Oh, and what happened to Cotton?? She hasn't posted here in ages.

Claygasm, I can readily identify with hurt, anger, expectations, and disappointments...yours, mine, or someone else's. Our emotions take on many forms, don't they? And bring out the worst and the best in us. Sometimes, I am the dog that wags its tail and then bites; other times, I am the snarling dog that runs away, yelping. Ask my kids. Ask my chiropractor.

Ha...Memory moment: When things didn't go her way, my grandmother used to say, "Some people!!!"

I guess I am 'Some people!!!' to some people.

Clay is 'Some people!!!' to some people.

Some people are "Some people!!!" to Clay.

Some people are 'Some people!!!' to some people on this board.

And vicie-versie.

Huh?

Keep up, will ya?

But...to me, this is Clay:

tbird.png

People say, 'No seagulls allowed!"

Seagull (lives its life)

People say, "Clay Aiken blah blah blah, blah blahbitty blah!"

Clay (lives his life)

And, after resting on the very sign expressing rejection of his kind, the seagull spreads its wings and does its thing. Beautifully.

Not everybody is going to love that seagull, how it looks, how it flies, how it 'sings'... but he seems pretty content to me.

And...lucky me, because Clay Aiken in any guise tends to inspire fornicationish thoughts.

What.

And now, the congregation shall rise and sing Hymn number 169, "I Come With Joy".

Lovely post, 00lsee!

Awwww, thanks, wandacleo. :wub:

So he wears makeup.

So he's gay.

So he grabs women's boobs for photo opportunities, and looks devilishly wicked and hot while doing it. Even in eye liner.

So he speaks his mind

so he is authentic and real and not changing to convince the world that if only he weren't himself he'd be more accepted and cool

I added a line. :hahaha:

me too

I appreciate everyone single person here. It's hard to convey that to everyone. And yes since you're history can't go away sometimes it's harder to fit in even if you've been here a long time. That's why it's always important for me to meet people and get to know them. I enjoy spending time with everyone here. I feel like this trip helped a lot in that regard. I feel like I got to meet the people behind the names. For the last few months I haven't been as active because I've been working over 60 hours a week. So it was a lot of hit and run and not taking the care to respond to everyone or even welcome new people. Lucky for ya'll I'll have more time for that for awhile.

Boards change and people change and sometimes it just doesn't fit anymore. It doesn't have to be a bad thing. I miss YSRN a great deal on a daily basis but she's still my friend. It happened with me with CH..I still have a lot of fond memories of all the fun and I still enjoy seeing the people that I've met over the years..it's always fun catching up with them in email or in person. It's just not home because what I wanted in a board changed and I think that's ok.

waves to cha cha... and gives her a little squeeze.

NzY0OQy_large.jpg

trying to post picture

but it's not working :(

tribeca -- I think the best way to post a picture is to right-click on it and save it to your hard drive, and then upload it to either a photobucket acct, or to a gallery here on FCA that you can create for yourself, by clicking the gallery button at the top of the page.

Then in either format, you copy the posting code and paste it in the post window.

I'm looking at the code from the red x picture above and it looks ok, so I am not really sure why it didn't work. When I use a picture from another website I usually right-click on it, and choose properties, and then copy the url in the properties box. Then post it with the %7Boption%7D code and it looks like you did that, so I am not sure why it didn't post. :)

When you right click and select "properties," this is what you see.

post-784-1231312324_thumb.jpg

And if you copy that and paste the address in, you can see that it's not available--that's why it isn't showing up. No code can fix that.

When you right click and select "properties," this is what you see.

post-784-1231312324_thumb.jpg

It's not available--that's why it isn't showing up. No code can fix that.

maybe (?)

I am not sure last I checked that site was shut down for repairs. I didn't think it would effect posting a picture.

I am really good at copy & paste (that's about it)

I am really going to take a class soon. I feel like I am 10 years behind on this stuff

thanks for those that understood me, sometimes I think I post more words hoping I would start making more sense, and it doesnt turn out that way...it just comes out more confusing lol my reaction came from the other day, when I made a comment that I didnt mind the Jenna Bush picture and was told that my love blinds me...stuff like that hurts, I feel like I should find something I dont like, just so I dont get comments like that lol

but I cant do it..:)

I watched the "ugly americans" thing, oh my goodness I was cracking up..you couldnt pay me enough to act like that anywhere, though when I went to Canada with my friend I did wear a shirt that said "what does eh mean?" probably not the best idea lol

tribeca

I remember when I had no idea how to post a pic to a board, and i asked someone and they (another board) told me to upload to Photobucket and I had no idea what they were talking about.

I did find out about Photobucket and now use it all the time. It is a great place to backup your pics, and access them easily from any computer.

Also, with regards to the 'naughty' pic of Clay and Merle... you know, sometimes pics DO lie. For example, supposing he had stretched his arm to pull her closer and accidentally reached her boobs, and in that split second she reacted devilishly and the camera clicked. I am not saying that is what happened, but such a pic COULD have resulted from that situation. I am just saying that because your niece was upset. Sometimes what looks obvious, just isn't. But since I am older than 12, I hope it was just a close group of friends having some harmless fun. That kind of fun happens all the time, unfortunately, on the internet, it is shared too easily and judged too easily by those who don't know the parties involved.

Well headed home to the cold north from sunny Florida. Hey you Ontario Clay Fans, can you make sure that the weather is decent when I get there on Friday? Any help along the I75 from those on the way would be appreciated too. I understand WE can do anything.

:cryingwlaughter:

Hey I should be the crouchie one. It's been raining here for forever and I'm sick of it. :angry:

Personally I wouldn't make fun of anyone based on their looks. Everyone sees a picture differently through their own eyes. I saw people having a good time. The closeup of Merle and Clay was just perfect to me. I'm not vain, but sure could do without those closeup pictures and the ones where I'm busting out of my clothes or maybe the rare times I wore mascara and it ran. :Imok:

I don't worry about what Clay thinks of any comments as he is smart enough to ignore. AOL has been all over Kelly C comparing her without makeup to her album cover. :8 I'll bet her fans complain about her not wearing makeup.

I didn't really have anything to say but I'm enjoying the new laptop and the feel of the keys. :ilovemypc:

Good Morning Everyone,

Looks like I missed a rather interesting conversation...all I will say is that sometimes personalitiies don't mesh and whether someone posts a positive post or a negative post; If I don't personally like that person, I am not going to respond either way and sometimes I just don't have a response for a post. If someone constantly pushes your buttons; than the best thing, for at least me to do, is to ignore that person.

19 Days until Golfing For Inclusion! :yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

tribeca

Also, with regards to the 'naughty' pic of Clay and Merle... you know, sometimes pics DO lie. For example, supposing he had stretched his arm to pull her closer and accidentally reached her boobs, and in that split second she reacted devilishly and the camera clicked. I am not saying that is what happened, but such a pic COULD have resulted from that situation.

Maybe her boob was talking too much.

Or somethin'.