#46: Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Ain't it grand? We've come a long way babee!
    • I love quirky Clay Aiken
    • Fascinating, outrageous Clay. Give me more. I want more.
    • The twisty tie confuses me EVERYtime
    • Still hotness after all these years!!
    • All that said - Orchestra, Band, Kazoo, Bongos, a capella - I'm there. Just sing for us, baby!!
    • If he's singing, I'm there, no matter what, no matter where!
    • As long as he wears his smile all is well
    • That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

In other words I'm pretty damn sprung.

BWAH! :cryingwlaughter:

Well, as I said, I DO wish he did more communicating on regular basis on the OFC, if only to create the sense that the fan MASSES have access to him. And tribeca, I understand what you're saying, too, about many fans not being able to see him in Spamalot. I'm leaning toward this being another instance of Clay being a little shit. I really do think he's saying this just to say it because he KNOWS how the fans are.

Is he a shit or immature or insensitive to the fans' 'needs'. Maybe. Or maybe he's just being silly. And since I doubt he said anything of any real consequence----or if he did, he did so with the KNOWLEDGE that it was going to be shared eventually--now I just hope the fandom doesn't implode yet again as people begin wondering who 'got the real scoop' and why they did and 'we' didn't, etc.

I mean, c'mon. What could he have shared that would be SOOOO exclusive?

"Reed and I are getting married."

"Actually, I just finished my next cd---Mongolian Polka Duets"

"I'm not really gay. I just said that to play a prank on y'all."

"The producer of my next CD is going to be Lil Wayne"

"To be honest, I only wear a medium sized condom. I stuff socks in my pants when I go onstage."

"My favorite song really is "Touch". I just don't want to share it---I'd rather keep it as something special just for me and Reed."

:cryingwlaughter:

Im different I guess because I think Clay does blog quite a lot, does he go through moments where he doesnt? sure...but he isnt a robot. However, last year August to january he blogged A LOT. and then he didnt blog when he was in spamalot, which I can understand because he was doing spam every night and recording all day..I was exhausted reading his schedule..and then he blogged once a month August, September, October and November which I thought was pretty good...so I feel like Im getting my monies worth as far as blogs.

I cant say he doesnt work harder then me, because I dont think we see all the work he does..I think the majority of it goes on behind the scenes and we just see the "ending" of what he does..

Im one who rarely wants, needs or expects a blog and is happy when I get one.

I am wondering if I am missing something.

I sort of joined the OFC this past week. I only saw one person post that they were upset about it.

Was there more talk about it somewhere else?

I didn't read at the OFC.

I am wondering if I am missing something.

I sort of joined the OFC this past week. I only saw one person post that they were upset about it.

Was there more talk about it somewhere else?

I didn't read at the OFC.

than I was missing it and I am okay with that :)

Glad the ladies did get a dinner and a phone call. To me that is better than the concert :)

wanted to reapeat I don't expect, need a blog I just think it would be nice since so fans love them so much

I just don't have the energy to get all worked up about it. Sawwwwy. But :DoClay:

My imaginary Clay isn't into "us" in such a way that "be a little shit" in the way you suggest, muski, would entertain him. But who knows?

Don't people have enough angst in their personal lives? No, gotta create more. I love that he went above and beyond for the Celine group. I'd take a 3 hour dinner over a concert box anyday. Sure, I'm jellus that I don't have the means to bid on these types of prizes, but I'm happy others can. I don't expect that any conversations over dinner should be shared at large with the fandom. I'd love it if Clay blogged more at the OFC but honestly I don't get what one has to do with the other.

My take....if I spent $26,000 on an evening with Clay then I'd sure as hell not tell what went on. You want to know, fork out your own money. Heh, I'll live if I don't know every tiny little detail of his "private" life and I consider this private.

I paid $30 for the fan club because I'm a fan. plain and simple. I have no expectations at all. Guess I'm just easy that way.

I am one of those who have no expectations from the fan club. I joined because I wanted to support Clay. I can not wait to log on when I see he has blogged. My fingers can not move fast enough, but it does not upset me that he does not blog alot. When he does I enjoy reading, but I just think when he does not blog he has nothing to say at the time or he is not able to give out some information. IMO some people just like to complain or see themselves in print. Sorry for the small rant.

I'm not too disappointed as I wondered if this would happen. But I'm wondering, if people donated that much money should it not be THEIR decision about whether to share or not? It sounds like they were going to share, but then Clay asked them not to. Should that not be their choice, since they donated the money?

I paid $30 for the fan club because I'm a fan. plain and simple.

:yeahthat:

I want to stand up and be counted, silly as that might sound. I don't participate in the OFC in any way, except to read the occasional blog. Whatever. I'll join again and again as long as the doors are open.

As for keeping the conversations private among those at the dinner? Makes total sense to me. First, as others have said, those fans paid a lot of money for what they got. Keeping it private increases the value of the prize and will make it more appealing the next time, which is just plain good business. This is about the BAF. But more than that, it seems that they are all likely to be more relaxed and spontaneous if Clay and company aren't having to watch their words, knowing that they'd travel all over the Clay Nation, not to mention the fans being distracted by trying to get everything down in their memory so that other fans can have the perfect recap. It's a social conversation, not an interview. I think of chats I've participated in over the years in this fandom. How many times to people say they're glad there's no transcript? Jeez, let him just be himself for once. Then the conversation will be much more natural and enjoyable.

That being said..... if anything leaks, I'm listening. :cryingwlaughter:

And as for 'Well, well"..... when has anyone ever taken anything Clay said at face value? It's "Well, now" I tell you. He's just yanking chains again. In case you can't tell, I'm kidding.

I paid $30 for the fan club because I'm a fan. plain and simple. I have no expectations at all. Guess I'm just easy that way.

Another easy one over here....and I'm withya Jamar, saw this one coming 10 miles away!

With no chance of ever being in the situation, I'm not sure how I'd deal with it. It's pretty easy to say "Hey, I'd share!" when I know it isn't ever going to happen anyway. :hysterical: And re Clay being a "little shit" and doing it deliberately~my opinion is no, he's a prankster for sure but he would understand how divisive that is...and divisive he is NOT.

I imagine there's likely one of two things happening here: the participants would rather not share, and blaming it on Clay is the easy way. Their choice. Or~Clay says what he says, in order to ease the conversational process. If you think there's a good chance what you're saying isn't going to go anywhere, I think you'd feel more comfortable just having a good discussion about~whatever!

I personally think the more unfortunate circumstance is that the information WILL be shared~but it'll be another of those "back channel" things whispered about on the phone or in PMs within the clique...with most of us never knowing WTH people are talking about all superior. THAT circumstance frosts my cookies. I think it's a hangover from high school. :lol:

Just me!

ETA: Actually, y'know who I feel sorry for? The one person in the group who lives in the area and was added at the last moment to replace xxx4clay; apparently she was not notified of the change in plans and missed it. Now....disclaimer here! That's how I'm reading her posts...I could be completely, totally wrong....but can you IMAGINE how you'd feel missing that opportunity??

But more than that, it seems that they are all likely to be more relaxed and spontaneous if Clay and company aren't having to watch their words, knowing that they'd travel all over the Clay Nation, not to mention the fans being distracted by trying to get everything down in their memory so that other fans can have the perfect recap. It's a social conversation, not an interview. I think of chats I've participated in over the years in this fandom. How many times to people say they're glad there's no transcript? Jeez, let him just be himself for once. Then the conversation will be much more natural and enjoyable.

Exactly. WORD.

I'll still sing "well, now". It's what I hear! :P

Just to give everyone a heads up. I will be at the GFI and if Clay whisks me away into a back room and we have a little one on one time.....I will not be telling anyone! You know what goes on in the locker room.........

Not to mention that if the whole conversation was detailed, there would be mind-numbingly boring posts whining about what questions were asked, what questions weren't asked, killjoy rants about what was revealed, if anything......and then the next group of people would prolly get detailed and indexed instructions on what they should be asking about instead of enjoying an intimate, non-fan, dinner. I mean, it could just as easily been a non-fan who won - I don't think the dinner falls into fan territory. Those people were there as people who donated to BAF, being fans was certainly the reason they donated, but a big-wig from a donating corporation could just as easily have won.

I've come to the conclusion that no matter what happens, whether information is divulged, or withheld, someone, somewhere in the Claynation is going to have a shit-fit over it and make sure that everyone knows of their displeasure.

I'm glad the group had such a special evening and that Clay made that happen for them. He could have sent them out for dinner and dropped in briefly to shake hands and say hello. Instead he made it a special event and a memory that will last forever. They contributed a lot of money to the BAF...and yeah, I wish I could do that too, but we all do what we CAN do, so I'm not going to begrudge them that pleasure.

But dang, I was sure it was "well, now"! :split:

My take on it, as if anyone cared, is no big deal. Anyone who has worked in the government or military or politics is familiar with "eyes only" or "ears only" material or discussions. Sometimes there are obvious reasons, sometimes it's a big WTF? Just look at Obama's lunch with Congress - cameras and media for the beginning and end but no reporting on the actual luncheon. Was anything important discussed? Maybe, maybe not, but it gives people who are under constant media surveillance a time-out to just be with colleagues.

Clay seems to be a very private person and he has been burned badly by the media and rumors on the Internet. I'm not at all surprised that he wanted to do some preemptive damage control. I, personally, don't think the exclusiveness as a prize to be paid for was part of the rationale, but that's just my feeling.

Well, well you invade my morning light again

Don't wanna answer the phone

I went to sleep last night angry

I'm sure I was alone

You know me well

Always ring my bell

I always heard Well Well :)

didn't even know there was a conversation about it.

here it is

I also have always heard Well, Well. When it was mentioned it could be Well, Now I kept relistening and could not hear that. I thought my hearing was bad.

I sitting here debating whether I missed anything. I have 14 women coming to my house for a Gourmet Luncheon that we hold four times a year. Table set, punch made, coffee pot ready to go, will preheat the oven for one of the appetizers in a little while, I just keep on thinking I am missing something. The menu was sent out a week ago with the assignments for what people were suppose to make. They bring it and the cost to make. Then it is all added up, divided by the number of people, and some people may owe, some will get money back. Suprisingly we have the whole menu. Drinks, appetizers, salads, vegetables, bread, two main entrees, desserts, and it usually runs about $12-$14 dollars a person. Not bad for a complete meal.

"Well well" it is, has been and shall forever be! So let it be known. (I even had that in my designation at CH right after the cd dropped!)

Psst! :unsure: Yeah....you! Over here. :ninja:

I have it on good authority--NEVER MIND my sources!---that what Clay actually said at dinner last night was that there had been a random drawing of members of OFC and he'd picked somebody named "muskifest" for a prize of a one-on-one, all-night massage and etc. with him. When?

soon

B)

gbmifan, don't forget to tell us all what gets discussed!

Seriously, that dinner last night was NOT a fan function, it was a function that fans happened to attend.

I am just as happy to not have to wade through or skip critiques of the conversation, attendees, restaurant, etc..

That guy is worth all the love we can bestow on him!

Thread title for next time???

muski... make sure to tell us about it, k? LOL

I think Clay was totally great to call xxx4Clay! And, I think he was totally right to ask that the conversation stay at the table. Geesh!

So they report that he hates broccoli, per something he said... fans are up in arms or predicting he'll die of some dread disease if he doesn't eat broccoli.

So they report that he thinks American cars are "just not good." Oh, my! Exploding heads, anyone?

So, he either says the convo stays at the table or he doesn't talk except to say, "Pass the salt and pepper, please."

He did the right thing, IMO.

I loved the inauguration... loved that he and Michelle got out of the car to walk where they weren't expected to. I wish him all the luck in the world cause we do need to get back to the basics this country was founded on and some of congress is going to fight changes.

Does anyone here know how long a cold is contagious? I looked on WebMD and they don't say. My secretary woke up with a cold Monday morning. I sent her home when I got in and she stayed home yesterday, but is coming back to work today. Not sure that is long enough to not be contagious, but can't find any answers on how long is long enough. If she stayed home till the symptoms are gone, it would be all week. I'm figuring I'll assess when I get into work, but sure would like some opinions. Thanks!

ETA: Actually, y'know who I feel sorry for? The one person in the group who lives in the area and was added at the last moment to replace xxx4clay; apparently she was not notified of the change in plans and missed it. Now....disclaimer here! That's how I'm reading her posts...I could be completely, totally wrong....but can you IMAGINE how you'd feel missing that opportunity??

Sorry to just jump in after not posting for awhile, but I wanted to correct this. All of the 10 were there. The person who took xxx's place does not live in the Raleigh area, although her screen name might make people think so. A picture was posted of the whole group taken right after the dinner and they were all there.

Also, regarding some in another place who are PO'd about not getting info. At least one of them has other issues and has for some time....FWIW.

Well I'm in the .... Holy Shit! Who saw this coming?" camp.

:hahaha:

:hahaha:

not to mention the fans being distracted by trying to get everything down in their memory so that other fans can have the perfect recap.

That being said..... if anything leaks, I'm listening. :cryingwlaughter:

in their memory or on their dinner napkins :hahaha:

Bwah and I can't think of "I'm listening" without hearing it in Dr. Frazier Crane voice.