#46: Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Ain't it grand? We've come a long way babee!
    • I love quirky Clay Aiken
    • Fascinating, outrageous Clay. Give me more. I want more.
    • The twisty tie confuses me EVERYtime
    • Still hotness after all these years!!
    • All that said - Orchestra, Band, Kazoo, Bongos, a capella - I'm there. Just sing for us, baby!!
    • If he's singing, I'm there, no matter what, no matter where!
    • As long as he wears his smile all is well
    • That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

Maybe her boob was talking too much.

Bwahahahaha!

Also I bid a sad farewell to just ignoring unpleasant posts and thinking they will expire peacefully!

FWIW, big lumpy muscles are not in the least bit attractive to me. :-) I always associate big lumpy muscles with not being all that bright, for some reason. My bad.

Although I am sure that Ace is a really fine person! Maybe he can use a bit of career guidance himself!

I get a little offended when, because I think Clay looks fine, its implied that because of that i see him with blinders on, or if I like a picture that everone else hates its because Im blinded by love...what makes one person blinded and another person not? how come one person can see through their "love" and see that someone truly looks bad, and I cant just because I say he looks good...to some people clay will be a joke no matter what he does..I think Clay looks good most of the time, you apparently (though I dont know you, but by your own admission) many times do not...but how come he needs to change because you think he doesnt look good, but if I think he looks good it doesnt matter? I dont know if Im making sense, but I dont have any ill feelings toward you, Im new and I dont even know you..this is something that has been in my mind based on what many people say to me..when I say I like his hair "of course you do" or "youd like him bald" or if I say I like what he's wearing "its cause your blinded by love" same thing if I like a picture..to me that minimizes my feelings, and makes me feel as if I cant be taken seriously...so while it may not be easy being somewhat negative and critical, its also not easy loving everything (or most everything) either..

dont know if Im making any sense, I just wonder how between 2 fans one can be blinded because they think he looks good...and the other see clearly because they think he looks bad.

You make a TON of sense! Great post! Hope your new start in Cali works out well for you.

Well headed home to the cold north from sunny Florida. Hey you Ontario Clay Fans, can you make sure that the weather is decent when I get there on Friday? Any help along the I75 from those on the way would be appreciated too. I understand WE can do anything.

:cryingwlaughter:

Well.....:)....ALMOST anything. Have a safe drive, and I won't tell you what the weather's like today. Please hook that Florida sunshine onto the bumper and drag it along with you!

Bwahahahaha!

Also I bid a sad farewell to just ignoring unpleasant posts and thinking they will expire peacefully!

FWIW, big lumpy muscles are not in the least bit attractive to me. :-) I always associate big lumpy muscles with not being all that bright, for some reason. My bad.

Although I am sure that Ace is a really fine person! Maybe he can use a bit of career guidance himself!

Yeah. That.

Or somethin'.

ROTFL!!! :cryingwlaughter:

And 00lsee, thanks for the seagull post ... *contemplates changing avatar to Jonathan Livinston's Eagle*

BWAH! :cryingwlaughter:

Oh, and :Iluvclaysbutt:

It's funny being in a different time zone. I find myself cackling at my computer screen, saying things like "Sooooo true!" and "Yeah that!" and hitting those quote buttons or, sometimes, "What the hell is she smokin'!" or "oooh thems fightin words!" and then I keep reading and go eeeek! delete quotes! delete quotes! Don't go there!

The weird thing is that these reactions sometimes happen to me from the same people, in the same day!

Thanks for the welcome JMH123. I'm not always good at posting, since I'm not familiar with a lot of you, but I'll be back off and on. Sure glad to see you don't delete posts that are just a little so called "off topic" like some boards do.

BJ

If off-topic posts were deleted here--some days there would be nothing left!!! :cryingwlaughter:

:hahaha: Do we have topics here?.............What is this Clay I see mentioned?.........Are we a potters club?

Claygasm, I can readily identify with hurt, anger, expectations, and disappointments...yours, mine, or someone else's. Our emotions take on many forms, don't they? And bring out the worst and the best in us. Sometimes, I am the dog that wags its tail and then bites; other times, I am the snarling dog that runs away, yelping. Ask my kids. Ask my chiropractor.

Ha...Memory moment: When things didn't go her way, my grandmother used to say, "Some people!!!"

I guess I am 'Some people!!!' to some people.

Clay is 'Some people!!!' to some people.

Some people are "Some people!!!" to Clay.

Some people are 'Some people!!!' to some people on this board.

And vicie-versie.

Huh?

Keep up, will ya?

But...to me, this is Clay:

tbird.png

People say, 'No seagulls allowed!"

Seagull (lives its life)

People say, "Clay Aiken blah blah blah, blah blahbitty blah!"

Clay (lives his life)

And, after resting on the very sign expressing rejection of his kind, the seagull spreads its wings and does its thing. Beautifully.

Not everybody is going to love that seagull, how it looks, how it flies, how it 'sings'... but he seems pretty content to me.

And...lucky me, because Clay Aiken in any guise tends to inspire fornicationish thoughts.

What.

And now, the congregation shall rise and sing Hymn number 169, "I Come With Joy".

Lovely post OOlsee

hey i was just trying to change my Avie

and I stretched Clay's face all out

I must be the worst person on the Internet EVER

Muski, I look forward to seeing it when you get it done.

About being ignored, general question. How many of you sometimes feel ignored here? I know I do. And even feel a little sad about it now and then. But I think it's the nature of boards that you start to take people for granted, they're just part of "everybody," so even though you're not getting acknowledged, you're still part of the fabric. Also, I've found that when I do feel ignored, if I start acknowledging other people, they acknowledge me back. Not that I want us to start with those posts with the long lists of "acknowledgements." :wordpooper: And yeah, being especially provocative pretty much always works to get attention. So does sex. :hahaha:

Oh, and what happened to Cotton?? She hasn't posted here in ages.

Yeah ,but so much harder to do on a messageboard!!!

Seriously, I often don't acknowledge people because I am usually so far behind the conversation (or ahead, depending on which way you look at it!). I will try from now on to do this when I have time up my sleeve, since I read all posts and value them ,even the off topic ones Bettyjean!

I get a little offended when, because I think Clay looks fine, its implied that because of that i see him with blinders on, or if I like a picture that everone else hates its because Im blinded by love...what makes one person blinded and another person not? how come one person can see through their "love" and see that someone truly looks bad, and I cant just because I say he looks good...to some people clay will be a joke no matter what he does..I think Clay looks good most of the time, you apparently (though I dont know you, but by your own admission) many times do not...but how come he needs to change because you think he doesnt look good, but if I think he looks good it doesnt matter? I dont know if Im making sense, but I dont have any ill feelings toward you, Im new and I dont even know you..this is something that has been in my mind based on what many people say to me..when I say I like his hair "of course you do" or "youd like him bald" or if I say I like what he's wearing "its cause your blinded by love" same thing if I like a picture..to me that minimizes my feelings, and makes me feel as if I cant be taken seriously...so while it may not be easy being somewhat negative and critical, its also not easy loving everything (or most everything) either..

dont know if Im making any sense, I just wonder how between 2 fans one can be blinded because they think he looks good...and the other see clearly because they think he looks bad.

Sorry I'm late to the party...but after catching up this morning, I'm not really sorry at all. Just wanted to WORD this post, and say it makes perfect sense to me!

Well headed home to the cold north from sunny Florida. Hey you Ontario Clay Fans, can you make sure that the weather is decent when I get there on Friday? Any help along the I75 from those on the way would be appreciated too. I understand WE can do anything.

Hee, hope the weather cooperates for you, but it's not looking very promising from this end today!

I am sitting here trying to type after I had the tendonitis in my arm injected this am. My whole arm is numb and the worse is my fine motor control. When I got into the car I had a hard time putting the key into the ignition. Driving home with the use of just one arm was different especially since we had snow last night and the roads are slippery.

I liked most of the pictures from the party. Sure a couple were not as flattering but who cares. He looked liked they were having a good time. In most pictures he takes he looks great. We sure would not like every picture that was taken of us analized.

I for one do not want him to take a long time off. I want a tour. He needs to get out and sing to build his career. It may be in smaller venues, but that may be what it will take. I know people say he can not tour because his CD did not sell well, but there are many people who tour who do not sell big numbers but still have a fan base, and even though we may be smaller we are still very supportive.

I just don't buy the "he can't tour" argument. Why can't he? He toured without a freaking CD in 2005! He could do a combination OMWH/Jukebox II tour. He could do a "best of Clay Aiken" tour. He could do countless things that I probably haven't even considered yet. Whatever he comes up with, tour or show or something else entirely, I'll do my damndest to be there.

Whew!! I worked a looooong day yesterday, and am just catching up. Ya'll were wordy!

Smitten, I'll have to say that I understand and agree with your post. How is the move going? I hope well!

Heeee, couchie, you crack me up. Most people in this economy would be thrilled to have an interview! Should we offer you good or bad luck at the interview? :)

Heh - I'm not surprised that the pic with Merle and Clay inspired so much discussion. I think it's a hoot, and I didn't hesitate to post it because it's clear to me that Merle thinks it's funny. She is holding her hand over his hand to make sure it stays there, and she has a look of and joy and fun on her face! Hmmmm, I might grab Clay's hand and put it on my boob and react similarly if I could. I don't know if that's what happened, but it's fun to think about doing it . . . :hahaha:

But seriously, tribeca, please let your niece know that I'm sorry that it was disturbing to her, if she still wants to talk about it. I didn't mean for it to upset someone like her. Or you! :friends:

tbird.png

Seagull (lives its life)

Clay (lives his life)

And, after resting on the very sign expressing rejection of his kind, the seagull spreads its wings and does its thing. Beautifully.

Not everybody is going to love that seagull, how it looks, how it flies, how it 'sings'... but he seems pretty content to me.

Wow, OOlsee! That's amazing. I love it.

Well, I'm off work for a week!! Yay!! My schedule just worked out that way. None too soon, either, cuz a few of the nutcases at the hospital were about to drive me nutty! And now, I'm going to start rehearsals for the musical I'll be playing for in February. I'll be off to band practice later today.

:09:

Add me to the list of people who want a tour! I would like a few months to pay off some bills and take care of some real life stuff first, but I am pretty much there for whatever Clay wants to do and whenever he wants to do it!

Maybe its cause I was in high school in the late 80s, but I happen to think eyeliner on a guy can be really sexy looking.... but truth be told I think Clay looks good no matter what, from all spiffed up to a wrinkled mess, the man is just so adorable. And I happen to love his quirks!

gbmifan - I have had those injections so I know exactly what you mean!

Smitten - Just WORD!

Jamar, you are such a pessimist. I'm going to keep thinking there will be a tour this summer so I don't depress myself. However, if he has other stuff planned, I'm good too as long as I get to see him somehow.

And I think everyone probably feels ignored on the board at times because we can't see the other posters nodding their heads in agreement. There are so many great posts on this board that sometimes I just want to quote everything and say "yeah that". Since that would get a little old, most of the time I don't comment on the posts unless I have something to add. What will drive me crazy though is sometimes I think I have written this great insightful post and the only part that will get commented on is some smart ass line I just threw out there.

Hey, maybe a little off-topic and I know you said this a few pages ago, but jmh123--I ALWAYS notice your posts! I may not always comment on them, but I always notice them!

And, wow, being in school has cut waaaaay too much into my Clay-time! I need to reorder my priorities... Later! I gotta get to class! :lol:

tbird.png

Seagull (lives its life)

Clay (lives his life)

Lovely sentiment.

However, I still would not want to be standing under that seagull when it takes off.

SPLAT!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I am a few pages behind.

Are we still taking about makeup???

I don’t like the make up either, but I have a feeling Clay does.

I have followed Clay since 2003 and read everything I could get my hands on the first few years......... the need to read everything has tapered off now, but in the course of all my reading, I have picked up on a few things that have stuck in my mind.......

Clay has very light eyelashes and I remember reading that the little girls at the YMCA teased him about his “white eyelashes”. According to the article I was reading, one of his coworkers was quoted as saying that the next day he came to work with dark lashes.

I have not heard that he does not like his freckles, but he certainly has commented many times about how WHITE he is.

I read that he does not like his red hair.

I also recall reading that he told the makeup person on AI to “slap” that stuff on. (Yes, I know how truthful the media is. )

Soooo, deduct from this what you will.

I have decided that Clay cares very much how he looks and has had very low self esteem about his looks. He has made many comments that leads me to this conclusion.

Yes, we see him occasionally without makeup, we are able to see freckles peeking thru now and then. When was the last time you saw him without mascara on? Clay may not care about the clothes he wears, but I bet he cares very much about his skin and eyes.

The last time I remember seeing him with very little eye makeup on was when he was on tour. ... JBT and I think the last summer tour. I don’t think there was eyeliner, and the mascara was lighter.... more natural.

I have only seen 1 or 2 pictures in which it appeared he had no mascara on....... his lashes were beautiful...... like corn silk. .. and multi colored.

I hate make up on men. I understand he needs some for stage and TV, but why does he not take it all off when he leaves the stage?? Others do...... don’t they? I have read time and again that he needs special remover because of his contacts. OK....... whatever.

He is a handsome man and does not need all that crap on his face. .... but I guess he thinks he does. kinda sad. I also find it interesting since he seems to be one to look beyond looks and into who and what a person is.

Hitting submit even tho I know I should not.

I thought whenever we see pictures where he is out, like walking down the street or whatever he doesnt have makeup on..I didnt think that he started wearing makeup a lot until he started spamalot...maybe Im just unobservant and dont notice it lol I barely noticed it at the parade until it became a touchy point on the boards...maybe I need to pay more attention lol

Clay also has said many times that people just dress him, or they do with his hair what they want ETC, those comments lead me to believe that he doesnt care much what anyone does with him, and I dont see him as someone who would just decide to put on makeup when he didnt need it.

What was once developed as stage makeup is now often sold as normal everyday goop.

Makeup that was once worn only by women is now considered normal for men.

Makeup does not help me much.

Clay thinks it does help his looks.

Except when he is walking out of the hospital with his babe in his arms.

Lots of pretty men in those photos.

Personally, I'm in the "he left the eye makeup on because of his contacts" league. I think his eyelashes were permanently darkened for the show and he didn't bother to remove the liner. If you look at the photos, his eyebrows are very light, which indicates to me that he did remove some of his makeup.

I wear contacts and I know you cannot remove eyeliner without taking the lenses out unless you want burning, tearing and unsightly red eyes. Period!

Aside from that, it ain't important in the large scheme of things. He's beautiful, he's wonderful, he's loverly and I freakin' miss him too much already!

Eh....I just don't think anyone can deduce that much from a few pictures. Maybe he was on his way to take it off. Who knows? We only see bits and pieces, snips and snaps of his life.

*pokes justclay12*

I'm really not a pessimist. More of a positive/optimistic/realist :lilredani:

I'll narrow it down and say I don't think he'll be touring within the next 6 mos. But, we'll see. I've been wrong before, like, today.

edited a bit for clarity...

I used to wear contacts. The only way to remove eye makeup was to remove the contacts. Pain in the butt.

That said, I don't give a shit if Clay wears eye makeup. Maybe he had his lashes dyed to save time and effort. His eyes. His call.

Tour? Maybe he could do a combined song and dance tour. He and Reed could be writing the show as we speak (um....write).

Just saying.

From the Land of Howdaweeno:

Maybe Clay likes the way he looks in eyeliner and mascara and intentionally puts on makeup whether he's performing or not, since it's his own face he sees in the mirror. And, maybe Clay is ready to record another CD right now. He already told us the next one will be a covers CD, so it's assumable that something is already in the works, possibly something that could catapult him into a JBT-2 this summer. I think it would be interesting to see how he would fare with a re-drawn fanbase. You win some and you lose some -- and I'm happy with the process. Also, as to any controversies about Clay's "looks" -- I think change is one of the best things about him. In fact, I think he rivals I Ching.

As to the economy, seems to me that the golden age of movies, stage shows and nightclubs was during the Great Depression. The 30's were an escape into glitter and glamour and singing and dancing, top hats, canes and feather boas.

Also, regarding the winter show closings on Broadway, I read that 13 or 14 new shows are opening this spring season. The show must go on!

jmh, I always notice and read your posts. Don't ever imagine that you're being ignored. :BlowKiss: