#47: That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• President Obama needed advice from a Stimulus Package Expert.
    • I will watch with Clay on it. And TIVO it, and wat it multi-times, and in freeze frame.
    • Let's celebrate what's good about him, his music, his philanthropy, his good looks, his great voice, his everything!
    • He was just a singer on a stupid reality show and would disappear like Kaiser Sose!
    • This guy is worth all the love we can bestow on him!
    • What a joy it was to sit right there and watch "naked" Clay singing "naked" songs.
    • Clay is Wicked Awesome!
    • Two words: Aiken Fog.
    • ...phone book...mumble...mumble...
    • Clay Aiken has wicked game
    • 6 years and counting and he's still curling toes.
    • My game is wicked...
    • No matter what Clay says or does, SOMEBODY will get their panties in a wad.
    • He's Clay Aiken. He sneezes in style.
    • Clay Aiken=Me fan Squared to the nth degree for life!
    • He is...therefore I fan.
    • The perfect mix of voice, comedy, and just plain humanity.
    • I never said I wasn't crazy. I just said that I wasn't a Claymate.

With this thread title, I'm going to be whistling the music to "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown" but substituting Clay's name -- all day. LOL.

Bowling? I used to bowl in a league. Got a 199. Once. Usually I'm in the 110 range.

Topic? I would LOVE to go bowling with Clay Aiken.

Thanks for bringing over the "signed items" luckiest1. How wonderful to have that tangible memory! I LOVE my signed CD from our trip to NYC!

....and we've already learned something from the occasion :hysterical: Who woulda thunk that Clay bowled?? :hahaha: ....and obviously enjoys it, if it was something they were considering.

Good Morning, FCA! :BlowKiss:

That was fast! I tried bringing over my post just before the closure of the former and move to this new thread. LOL, I don't have permission to edit my post. Here it is (sort of) anyway ... :hahaha:

So happy for the CV 10/11! I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all your reports and can understand Clay's parameters. I sincerely hope the phone call to xxx4clay was magical, speeding up her recovery and return home. :friends:

Glued to the inaugural activities, I wrote a blog about Tuesday's events, including Clay's "Weight of the World" montage in the final paragraph. I was amazed that Google still picked up the Clay Aiken link. Hope you enjoy: Carolina On My Mind.

Have a great day, all! :clay:

Caro listen.gif

From toni7babe at CH

I just wanna move on and forget about some of the nasty IMO PM's I received at various places and I have. But thank you to many who sent some wonderful kind supportive PM's. So appreciated them!

After sleeping and letting everything sink in I still can't get over how wonderful Clay was to us all. Those moments after we heard the concert was cancelled till the next day and most of us already had flights leaving that day were moments where all our hearts sank. BUT Kristy was absolutely wonderful! Initially she couldn't reach claym8 and was calling me so I know first hand how hard she was trying to make everything work. claym8 was magnificant negotiating with her. And we wanted to wait till she claym8 got home last night before we talked of how it all came back and some other things and let her our organizer talk of that and other things first.

I do want to just say to everyone Clay was incredible. He was funny, talkative and open, kind, snarky, adorable, ...............everything all rolled into one. He was the most gracious host possible. He had preordered everything food wise for us and when something wasn't at the table food wise noticed it right away. Jaymes who I sat next to and Faye, Cheryl and Jerome were also so wonderful and gracious and very interesting to talk too.

No rules at all but what claym8 said already....which was no cameras, recording devices or video. Clay brought his own camera for the pictures.

I thought he looked so happy and at ease with us and what was initially suppose to be 1 1/2 hours stretched on. Never did he not respond to us about something we asked him. He was wonderful. Open and honest, friendly and snarky and kind and YES GORGEOUS!! Clay and Jaymes and Faye all treated us like they were so comfortable talking to us and made us feel very special. I think he sincerely wanted to make this a special evening for us and everyone felt bad that the night was not what we initially had thought it would be.

BUT the night turned out to be more than we ever thought it would be. Spending 3 hours sitting and talking to the man was wonderful. He is a delight but y'all know that.

Sitting next to Jaymes offered me the opportunity to have many conversations with her. She was very kind and easy to talk too. She looked great in jeans and a dark sweater. Sometimes when Clay and I would be talking, he would lean back in his chair as he was next to Jaymes on one side and me on the other and I would lean back and we would talk behind her back as she leaned forward to talk to who was sitting across from her. One time in my mind I was just like OMG here I am sitting like this talking to Clay. He gave everyone his complete attention.

Anyways, those who know me know...I suck at writing, truly do.... but I have to say that Clay & group and BAF just so went out of their way to make this something special for us and OH BOY did they ever!!

It was wonderful and Clay sure looked happy and so cute!

Oh and the hair............. it looked so cute. Casual, not styled, sticking up a bit. A rich color with highlights and maybe a bit of a trim he had as it looked a weeee bit shorter to me, but maybe I was in the fog.

Ok, enough of my ramblings........ seems like Monday and best get to work, but after a good night sleep I wanted to put a few things into words. Others will I am sure do so MUCH better than me.

Much to love to the CV10! and I LOVE CLAY AIKEN!

Now I'm all schmoopy. I love him too!

From ncwannabe at CV:

I think some of you have read my recaps before. I love writing recaps and usually attempt to bring in as many details as I can. This will be my attempt to help you get a feel of how wonderful our dinner with Clay turned out to be!

First, when we found out the concert was cancelled, we were mere minutes away from heading out the door to go out to eat before getting to the concert. Kristy had given us instructions to make sure we headed out plenty early due to the poor weather conditions and the fact that people in the south "don't know how to drive in snow." We were scheduled to be at will call at 7:00, and our M&G with Celine was to be at 7:30. We were all very excited, were full of anticipation and were pretty giddy at the prospect of a very unique evening. Therefore, when we got the phone call that the concert had been cancelled, it was deflating to say the least.

However, for me, I remember thinking from the get-go that everything would turn out okay. I knew the BAF would find a way to make things right for us. Many of our group are from the north or midwest, and we were looking out the window in disbelief that this had happened because by this point, the snow had stopped and the roads that we could see looked fairly clear. Where we were from, this would have been a laugher and certainly would not have prompted a "state of emergency." But, that's what happened and now we were faced with the reality that our night at the concert was no longer possible.

I'll skip the whole 2 hour scenario when we were back and forth in contact with Kristy. It boiled down to the fact that we had 2 options. Try to stay over another day and attend the concert on Wed. night, or do dinner with Clay tonight (Tues). Since the majority of the group could not stay another day (even though the BAF was willing to work with us in assisting with travel arrangements and paying for extra costs), we had work responsibilities that could not permit us to stay. As a group we made our "All for One" decision that we were in this together and so we chose to go with option B (dinner with Clay), even though at the time it was offered it was to be of a shorter duraton than the concert would have been. However, we determined this was the best option, and off we went with excitment which was, albeit, tempered just a bit by some concern about our limited time frame and whatnot. (as an aside, Kristy told me later that she was looking into all kinds of options (since many restaurants had closed and she had an extremely difficult time finding one that could accommodate us) including bowling (as Claym8 mentioned) as well as ice skating.)

We piled into two cars for the cold and potentially icy trip to the restaurant, with me driving my trusty Subaru following Terri blindly (I still couldn't tell you where we were!) to the restaurant. I can only speak for my car, but as were we getting closer to arriving, our spirits really began soaring as we realized the full impact of what we were about to experiece. It began to sink in that we would have Clay's undivided attention for as long as we remained at dinner. We vowed to eat sloooooowly LOL! When we parked, I think we all began to giggle a bit with nervous anticipation and several of us mentioned how nervous we were beginning to feel (and that we had to pee!) Maggianos was perfect, and they had a long table set up for us that was located away from the general seating area by a wooden partition wall that went up to about shoulder level. Thus we could have our privacy, but yet not feel cut off from the rest of the restaurant. We filed in and took our seats, with 8 of our group sitting on one side of the table, while Toni and I sat on the opposite side. Faye and Clay's assistant Cheryl had arrived just moments after we did, and they graciously welcomed us. The restaurant had everything all ready for us, with bowls of salad and some appitizers already waiting on the table. They told us we could start, but we wanted to wait for Clay (and, of course, prolong things -- we're sneaky that way!) Shortly after, Jerome came in and gave us the rules (very few -- no cameras of our own and no recording) and then Clay came striding in with a big smile, followed by Jaymes. He sat down on my side of the table, and from the very beginning he was the Man in Charge!

Before I get ahead of myself, I'll tell you the seating arrangements. On my side, it was Cheryl, me, Toni, Jaymes, Clay, Faye, a skipped seat and then Jerome. Opposite from Jerome and starting the other side it was Ibg, ClaysFayevorite, TerTer, Wink, AngelTY, Claym8, Carol, and Mercedes. Thusly, let me tell you, I spent the entire evening apologizing to Cheryl that she saw my back the whole time (which we laughed about and said she understood completely) and literally I draped myself halfway across the table so as to be able to see the man while we all conversed. I had to look past Jaymes as well as Toni in order to be able to see Clay. But it was no problem, really, as Clay truly made every effort throughout the entire dinner to meet us eye to eye constantly. If one of us asked a question, he addressed you directly in response, and then made sure to look at us all as the conversation would progress from that point. In other words, we all got plenty of eye contact throughout the evening, whether we were the ones asking questions, or he was freely talking on his own accord. I'm sure every time he looked my way he was met with this unwavering stare coming from me while I propped my head on my hands as I was leaning forward. Goodness knows, I probably had droll coming out of my mouth along with the vacant stare!!! He treated us all with the utmost of respect and he was an extremely gracious host, always making sure we had enough food and we were okay. (and, trust me, the food was delicious and very plentiful. The main courses were spaghetti, chicken parm, fetticini alfredo and lasagna -- and all were yummy. Dessert was cheesecake and chocolate cake -- to die for!)

Clay's manner was totally charming and very engaging. As I said, he was in charge. Conversation flowed freely and easily -- not stilted or awkward. He didn't seem to mind any questions, but we were also respectful and didn't venture into any what we considered "private" areas. He appeared to be totally at ease, as did Faye, who, from what I was told from others (as I was too far away from her) also joined into the conversation at times as well as conversed with others down at that end of the table. Jaymes was quiet initially, but later joined into the conversation as well. And I know she also had some very nice separate discussions with others. So, there was cross talk and several conversations going on at once at times. It truly felt like going out to dinner with a bunch of friends. Despite our group's initial nervousness, I think I can safely speak for all of us that we relaxed within minutes of Clay arriving. He truly just puts you at ease. I remember that at times Clay would be eating and someone asked a question or he wanted to inject something, he would hold his hand in front of his mouth while holding up his other hand in that universal signal of "wait till I'm done chewing a bit and I'll say something profound" thing.

Oh, and here's a fun and interesting tidbit for y'all. Clay did this unique and unusual thing with the straw in his drink. He flattened and folded it down against the edge of his cup facing away from him. However the end of it he folded back up so that it extended out at an angle. So, when he reached to take a drink, he would always grab his glass in such a way that he held down the flattened portion of the straw against his glass while that end was sticking out at the angle which was just past his hand. He did not use the straw to drink, obviously. (This is kind of hard to describe in words and I invite the other members of the group to contribute to this description to help make it more clear!)

Anyway, as dessert was winding down and coffee ordered (ha -- are we good at extending or what????), we were asked to bring forth our items we wanted signed. (and, btw, even though I'm joking about extending the time, Clay in no way whatsoever seemed to be in a hurry to leave.) I wasn't prepared (just hadn't thought about bringing anything to be signed) but I happened to have my ticket to the last Spam performance in my purse, so I had him sign that. Cheryl collected the items from us and took them to Clay, making sure to get our names spelled properly. Of course, that didn't happen sometimes (I'll let Carol expand on that one!) Then it was time for pics. We scouted out the best place, and Clay "assumed the position." We, one by one, went up and had individual pics taken. This is where I've fallen into the fog before, and I kept telling myself to try to make sure that didn't happen. He started on the other side of the table from me, but then as "traffic" clogged a bit (as they attempted to pass each other and it got further down the table), in the lull he called me up ('Sherri, get up here") and I obediently jumped to my feet to take my rightful place (hee hee) by his side. And I remember it!!!!! I put my arm around his back and I distinctly remember holding it there and thinking "hmmm, this sweater is thick and soft." Cheryl, who was taking the pictures, seemed to have a tad of trouble getting the camera to click so I\it took just a bit of extra time. I was really upset about that -- NOT! Anyway, soon the individual pics were done and we were told to "arrange ourselves" for the group photo. We congregated against the wall and he walked up and just kneeled (or is that Dennis'ed) in front of us. His shoulder was right there -- just right there --- in front of me and it was an involuntary and natural inclination to put my hand on it. I did so, then realized what I had done and I think I even said "Oh! Can I do that?" The answer was affirmative and soon I think he had several more hands on his broad and totally capable shoulders!!!! Gah!!!!

Alas, pics were done and all good things must come to an end. We all shook hands (everyone included) and with final admonitions for careful driving given to us, Clay and co. were off into the sunset (well, moonlight, but you get the drift) with Clay in his puffy coat, I might add! We all hugged and EEEEEEd and squeed and (finally!) peed and stole some roses (with permission) and floated off to our cars for the drive home. We made a beeline for our spot in the hotel restaurant/lounge area and commenced our looooooong attempt at a post. We so wanted to share with our loving board home our excitement and our joy. Eventually they kicked us out of the restaurant and we moved to the lobby in front of the fireplace. There we stayed until about 3:00 AM!!! I think we were still floating, and we read with gratitude some very wonderful and supportive posts by many of you. Some posts were not so supportive, but I understand wanting to feel a part of and the frustration that can ensue when one feels excluded. That was never our intent in any way.

I put myself in the shoes of those of you at home, waiting with joyful anticipation to hear about our evening and I know I would be just as anxious to hear something. But, as the evening turned out, it was just intended to be a dinner where the conversation flowed freely without any thought of us needing to parse what was said, what wasn't said, what could be reported, what did that remark mean, what did Faye say, did you all hear that or did I hear it wrong, I don't know what that meant, did Jaymes say this or that, etc. As Claym8 remarked, just as we talked amongst ourselves, we realized that our interpretations of certain very generic remarks were seen were completely different from each other. Imagine trying to come to agreement on conversations made throughout the length of the entire dinner. Totally impossible!!!!

Anyway, I hope this helps to paint a bit more of a picture of what the evening was like. We're thrilled to be able to share our experience with you all. You are our CV family. Thank you sincerely for your support, care and true concern when our initial plans fell through. We felt that, we really did. It was a magical evening. An unforgettable evening. An evening with special, special cv friends. An evening in which I was reminded that Clay is just a guy, a down-to-earth regular Joe, in addition to being a mad-talented singer and actor. Sometimes I think it helps to be reminded of that for me. That he and his family and the BAF were all gracious enough to, at the last minute, go along with the change of plans to make sure we were happy speaks volumes as to the type of individuals (and organization) they are. It meant the world to us that we could still experience something all together. And it turned out to be better then I think any of us could have imagined. I'll nver, never, never forget it. And, finally, I'm not sure you'll understand this, but, for me, the evening was almost like reality suspended in time, except for the fact that it was so very real.

I'm so glad that some of the CV10 have written their own more detailed reports of what was a fabulous evening for them.

I was shocked to read that toni7babe had received angry IMs from fans disappointed that they were not to be receiving detailed recaps of the 3 hour dinner and hope these further reports put a stop to it.

Now OT...I receive information e-mails from In The Life and today received one with a link to the 19 minute Interview with Mitchell Gold that they did with him about his book Crisis. Well worth watching.

From terter4aiken at CV:

I am not a recapper AT ALL, so I appreciate the amount of time and detail you put into your post.

I want to just add a couple of things that happened on our end of the table.

As ncwannabe said so well, there were different conversations going on at the same time. I spoke with Faye quite a bit. She was very gracious and friendly as she always is. It was just so cute to see her sitting there beside Clay. I just couldn't believe it! Also, Jerome was sitting beside Faye and let me tell you he is a sweetheart! He was very engaged in conversation, laughing with Clay and us. He is so nice and has such a warm personality. We are SO lucky to have him looking after our BF. He truly is wonderful.

As we got ready to leave we were putting on our coats, etc. we all thanked Clay, Jerome, Faye, Cheryl and Jaymes. Clay asked who was driving and I sort of raised my hand to let him know that I would be driving one of the cars back to the hotel. At that point he was still putting on his coat and I was at the other end of the table where we had all gathered to leave. He came towards me as he exchanged goodbyes, etc. with everyone. I held out my hand to give him and hand shake and my 'thank you'. Before he shook my hand he sort of grabbed my sleeve near my wrist, looked directly into my eyes and said "Please be careful". GAHHHHHHHHHHH!! His look of concern almost made me cry. How sweet is he?! OMG! I promised him I would. Then he gently squeezed my hand and left me standing there drooling.

When it was my turn to have my pic I was nervous, but only because I've ALWAYS wanted a prom pose with him. I've never had an individual picture with him, so I promised myself if I ever had the chance I would ask. I did and he said "Sure!". EEEEEEEEEEE!!! So I put my arm around him and his very soft sweater and he put his arm around me. He took my other hand in his and then stood cheek to cheek with me. Here's the best part! Something happened with the camera, so he and I kinda kept our pose until Cheryl could get ready for us. Without moving anything but my lips I said "Oh, please take your time!". Clay thought it was cute I guess because he gave me a little giggle. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! It was just the best moment ever!!!! His cheek was sooooo soft and his hand was very warm. I can't WAIT to get the picture!

claym8, irishbookgal, ClaysFayevorite, ncwannabe, toni, Wink, carol5230, mercedes, and angelty - You are all in my hearts forever!

Thank you ALL for the friendship, love and laughter we shared. Most of all I thank Clay for bringing all of you AND so many wonderful people together. He truly is the best BF we could ever have!

From ncwannabe at CV:

Oh terter, I'm so glad you mentioned this. It helped me to remember. I was the other driver. At the time Clay asked who was driving, he happened to be passing almost directly in front of me as he was preparing to leave. I raised my hand and said "me" and he stopped, turned, and quite seriously looked me directly in the eye from mere inches away and implored me to be very, very careful. I know my intention was to answer a solemn "I will," but, in reality, I may have just whimpered a bit.

That was an excellent re-cap. She gave us a feeling of what it was like and she was even understanding for those of us who were disappointed. I'm sorry that any of the members got nasty PMs though because that is not called for. Some of the posts were already starting to get nasty when I left that night, which was why I'm steering clear for a few days. Hate to think what the PM's were like if they were worse than the posts.

I'm glad that they all had such a great time and I hope they won't let the nastiness in any way spoil the night for them.

I'm glad that they all had such a great time and I hope they won't let the nastiness in any way spoil the night for them.

I was PMing with one of them and she said that NOTHING could take away the joy they felt.

I was PMing with one of them and she said that NOTHING could take away the joy they felt.

too bad there's no way to share with everyone but the nasty pm'ers. The entitlement is mind boggling. If it were me I'd post those PMs on the board.

Excellent recaps! Thanks for bringing it over, merrieeee. I'm glad that they aren't letting mean spirited people take any of the shine away from their experience. After five years in this fandom, I know I shouldn't find it mind boggling that people could be so bad mannered and childish that they would send nasty PM's to these people, but I am nevertheless mind boggled.

Ooh! Some fan fic might be a good lubricant for a dry spell. I haven't read a whole lot it....sort of saving it for a rainy day....but a drought will do nicely instead, I think.

too bad there's no way to share with everyone but the nasty pm'ers. The entitlement is mind boggling. If it were me I'd post those PMs on the board.

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

I've only received what I would call a 'nasty' PM from one person in this fandom--and that was on another board years ago over---of all things---one of my stories. I dealt with it via PM only....until that person blocked me from her PM inbox. Of course, she dropped a shitty PM in mine before she closed off the chance for me to respond. :glare:

I did share with some people publicly, however, that I might be special in that this particular fan put ME on ignore instead of the other way around! :cryingwlaughter:

I'd lay money that I most definitely do NOT have that many, many fans could accurately name a few people who would have been the authors of those nasty PMs to the CV11. :whistling-1:

From irishbookgal at CV:

Fortunately I don’t think any of us spilled or dribbled. We did good! LOL, we may have drooled a little though! I was amazed that I didn’t spill something because I was so nervous at first my hands were shaking. I’d been a nervous wreck since we started getting ready for Celine that afternoon and even more so once it was determined we were going to dinner with Clay. Going to dinner with Clay was something from a dream, not something that could really, really happen. It did though and I had to keep pinching myself (and ClaysFayevorite in the car while we were on our way to make sure it was really happening.

As nervous as I was, the moment Clay walked in and we introduced ourselves and shook his hand (oh so warm even though it was oh so cold out), all my nerves subsided and I was as calm as could be. I was amazed I could sit there with Clay and actually eat! Clay, Jerome, Faye, Jaymes, and Cheryl were all so friendly and welcoming and made us all feel so completely comfortable. Jerome is the sweetest guy and Faye is just adorable. And then there is Clay, as charming and gracious as ever...gah!!! Even if you weren’t the one talking to him or asking him a question, he drew you in, smiling and making eye contact with those sparkling, dancing eyes! I am hopelessly in love with the way his nose crinkles when he laughs and smiles. I was fascinated by those long fingers and the way they curled around his glass each time he took a drink. The thing he did with his straw, folding it over each time he took a sip, was the funniest, cutest thing!

I’d taken my Peasant foot along just in case we were able to get something signed at the concert. LOL, I’d even put a sock on it when I packed it to protect it and keep it from getting scratched. I’m so happy I was able to get it signed with a little message for me to “find your grail”. Jerome asked me when I was a peasant and he was impressed that my peasant foot was still in one piece.

When it was time for our pictures, I started to get a little nervous again; too nervous to ask for a special pose. He did put his arm around me and I put my arm around him. His sweater was very soft and his cheek, even softer!

I wasn’t really sad when our time with Clay came to an end as it was more than I ever imagined it could be. It was so much fun to relive everything over and over with the group once we got back to the hotel. claym8, ClaysFayevorite, terter, toni, Wink, mercedes, carol, angelty, and ncwannabe, you are all so amazing and special to me . I’m so thrilled we were able to do this together! I love you all!! While I wasn’t sad when our evening with Clay was at an end, I was sad when it was time for all of us to go our separate ways. I will never, ever forget that night and treasure every memory from our time together. I am eternally thankful to Clay, Kristy, the BAF…everyone who scrambled hard to make something wonderful happen for us that night.

xxx, my heart melted when Clay called you on the phone. He was so precious! You were there with us in spirit the entire night and Clay's calling you made the night even more magical. I thought of you many times throughout our dinner and I'm sure the others did as well. We had one lone empty chair at our table and it stayed there the entire night. No one tried to move it away or put something on it. It felt like that was your chair and you were right there with us, grinning from ear to ear, laughing...maybe drooling just a little. You were there.

coopersgirl and queensmum

Gosh, I don't think I've ever written a post this long!

Some people may be crying that they won't know what was talked about at that dinner, but the recaps we have gotten have been awesome and have made me utterly schmoopie. Clay, once again, has shown what a GOOD man he is, IMO. I love him more than ever.

By the way, I think Clay has a rivel in my affections... yah, right! :cryingwlaughter:

I am in love with Larry Fitzgerald of the Cardinals. He is a fine figure of a man... board shoulders, narrow waist, and great bootie... and he has long hair. He makes the most acrobatic catches ever. So last night I saw a video of him after the last game. All dressed up in a suit with a nice topcoat and GLASSES... O.M.G. He is gorgeous!

Course my heart is taken by this certain cutesingerman, but I can spare a tiny corner for Larry, I think. :cryingwlaughter:

Some people may be crying that they won't know what was talked about at that dinner, but the recaps we have gotten have been awesome and have made me utterly schmoopie. Clay, once again, has shown what a GOOD man he is, IMO. I love him more than ever.

By the way, I think Clay has a rivel in my affections... yah, right! :cryingwlaughter:

I am in love with Larry Fitzgerald of the Cardinals. He is a fine figure of a man... board shoulders, narrow waist, and great bootie... and he has long hair. He makes the most acrobatic catches ever. So last night I saw a video of him after the last game. All dressed up in a suit with a nice topcoat and GLASSES... O.M.G. He is gorgeous!

Course my heart is taken by this certain cutesingerman, but I can spare a tiny corner for Larry, I think. :cryingwlaughter:

I like Larry Fitzgerald too. He's very good-looking.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these recaps! They're so full and detailed enough that I'm like, pfft, who needs details of what exactly they said? It's like the Spam recaps, I get the spirit and the lurve without needing every line reiterated for me.