#47: That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• President Obama needed advice from a Stimulus Package Expert.
    • I will watch with Clay on it. And TIVO it, and wat it multi-times, and in freeze frame.
    • Let's celebrate what's good about him, his music, his philanthropy, his good looks, his great voice, his everything!
    • He was just a singer on a stupid reality show and would disappear like Kaiser Sose!
    • This guy is worth all the love we can bestow on him!
    • What a joy it was to sit right there and watch "naked" Clay singing "naked" songs.
    • Clay is Wicked Awesome!
    • Two words: Aiken Fog.
    • ...phone book...mumble...mumble...
    • Clay Aiken has wicked game
    • 6 years and counting and he's still curling toes.
    • My game is wicked...
    • No matter what Clay says or does, SOMEBODY will get their panties in a wad.
    • He's Clay Aiken. He sneezes in style.
    • Clay Aiken=Me fan Squared to the nth degree for life!
    • He is...therefore I fan.
    • The perfect mix of voice, comedy, and just plain humanity.
    • I never said I wasn't crazy. I just said that I wasn't a Claymate.

Well, I love Clay Aiken. Always have. Always will.

And I love the man in that Granpa Aiken with Broadway Bear pic--the man he IS.

But I do NOT love those clothes or how they make him look. He truly, really appears to be a well-maintained middle aged, somewhat full-bellied man (even though we know he's slim, that vest makes him look positively beer-bellied! :huh:) to me.

I know many of you think he looks great in those clothes and that's fine, too. I think he looks fine in the clothes he was wearing at the dinner with his harem. But this Granpa pic is right up there with the Jenna Bush pic for me. Yessirreee, Bob! Whoa, mama!

Of course, were I to be spending one-on-one time with him in his grandpa clothes and hair and glasses, I'd simply have to take less time removing them than would normally be my preference. I was kinda hoping to draw out that pleasure, ya know? :sleezy:

Claymates are blessed.

:) Indeed.

Uh...and speaking of heads exploding... :unsure: but with these larger, clearer pics...it seems to me that Mr. Aiken is growing a mustache and....er....

goatee?

Fu Manchu?

Yeah, somebody was pointing that out to me earlier, lol. They hated it. I think that it was all part of the quirky, goofy, I'm not sure if I'm going for the "Orville" or the "University Professor" look.

Thanks canfly! Those are great versions!...and thanks muski for bringing over the "harem" pics :lol: They're wonderful, as was the occasion; I'm super-green.

I can NOT imagine why anyone would have a problem with those pictures. I laughed my ASS off at them when I saw them last night; they are SO, so Clay.

...and as for the "goatee" and "mustache"? I think it's just that it was quite late at night....Clay's beard grows faaaaaast. :tasty:

I'm off to Florida tomorrow morning.....wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Have a safe trip! Lots of fun at GFI.

I decided to start reading my Clay Google alerts again and I am not sure it was a good idea.

That TMZ site is full of horrible comments and only a handful of supportive ones. I am baffled as to why people would take the time to click on a link to read about something they KNOW IN ADVANCE they won't like, and then respond with ugly comments. What is their point? Are they getting Google or Yahoo alerts about Clay just so they can have a place to spew their venom? Why do they hate gays so much? I don't get it at all. Yeah I know no one forced me to read their comments either but once I started, I couldn't stop trying to find the supportive comments for Clay..

There's no secret..Duckyvee posting that shit eating happy grin made me LOL. That emoticon told me all I needed to know about how she feels about things. Well that was my reaction anyway.

I'm rather uncomplicated. :hahaha:

Yes, that's all. Sorry, not trying to be cryptic. I was just in a hurry and that's all I had time to post. This is my first trip back since then.

e1269.gif = ICG = Involuntary Clay Grin... you know, that look you get on your face when something Clay makes you happy. I don't own it, I just use it a lot. I think it's a universal experience in the Clay Nation.

claytonic, are there ever any good comments about anyone? I think people mostly complain on comments. If you agree you probably nod your head and then go on to the next article. At least that's what I do. There is a lot of jealousy, I assume, when it comes to celebrities.

Now, I mostly read comments about political things, they are not always personal, if they get personal, I scroll and write off that person's opinion. YMMV

Are they getting Google or Yahoo alerts about Clay just so they can have a place to spew their venom?

ding ding ding

They hate because it makes them feel better about their poor pathetic lives to upset people like you.

I've said this many times. It's NOT about Clay. Seriously. Check out the comments on any news story. Even on "reputable" sites like CNN. The major sports sites are awful.

Thanks for posting all the photos yesterday, ladies! I thought he looked pretty yummy in all of them. The group photo from the dinner is really great....do those ladies look happy or what? And, maybe since I'm a grandma, the après Spam pics all look fine to me. If they make him look older, well then I'd say he will age pretty darn well. I've never particularly liked Clay in glasses, but maybe his eyes needed a break from his contacts.

The only thing I want to do...I mean aside from having my wicked way with him...is re-tie that bowtie!! :hissy:

OH....Good morning, FCA! :BlowKiss:

Hee, I forsee many, many avatars changing. ;)

I haven't caught up yet but I see many heads exploding

I take it you mean elsewhere?

Hee, I forsee many, many avatars changing. ;)

I haven't caught up yet but I see many heads exploding

I've been perusing quite a few boards and by far the majority are expressing their pleasure over him seeming so happy. I really don't see a lot of angst at all.

Yes, Cindilu, I did mean elsewhere. And Merrieee I am glad to hear that.

I made my post this morning while DH was in the car in the driveway, with the engine running! I have not had a chance to read elsewhere but I hope the general happiness lasts for a while - both for the boards and also for Clay. That Spam party sure looks like a fun one!

ETA: When one of the names in the members list (of members reading) is in italics what does that mean?

Hee FromClaygary you are going to Florida too? What a coincidence! Hmm what are the chances we are going to the same place :hahaha:

Hmmm....you're going to DisneyWorld too??? :hahaha: See you there!

ETA: When one of the names in the members list (of members reading) is in italics what does that mean?

It means their heads are about to explode......:)

No, seriously, it means they are in the process of posting.

The only thing I want to do...I mean aside from having my wicked way with him...is re-tie that bowtie!!

If it makes you feel better think about it this way. First it has to be untied, you have your wicked way with him and then re-tie it.

That's why I like glasses sooo much. I just think about taking them off. You have to be real close for that, real friendly like and well.....you get the rest :whistling-1:

And now for something completely different: A question for you wise computer geeks gurus. Is there any way to change the orientation or layout of the emoticon page? No I don't want them all to be gay but when looking for one specific sucker you have to scroll and scroll and miss the one you want and then start again...or is that just me*g* I have seen them, on some other sites**, all just on one page so you can see maybe 30 at a time. I would love to use them more with my witty and urbane posts but I guess I'm to much of a hurry to share these bon mots that I just don't take the time to look.

** oh not Clay Aiken sites I would never stray from here....not me, its the other merrieeee....the one that spells her name differently.

Ausdon wrote:

Yes, Cindilu, I did mean elsewhere. And Merrieee I am glad to hear that.

The angst out there on one particular board (OFC) is all centered around his lack of blogging and whether you will re-up. It has become quite nasty at times and the thread has had to be edited quite a few times. It is a pity because you take a genuinly interesting subject/question and it just goes to hell. But then that is par for the course over there. That's why a lot of people don't like the board.

Hmmm....you're going to DisneyWorld too???

Hee from the ride we are on with Clay, it seems like Disneyworld at times!

I hear what you are saying, Fear and Jamar, but there are so many others who DESERVE the nasty comments, why not have a Google alert for THEM rather than target someone like Clay who has brought joy and hope into the lives of many, especially for those who are most vulnerable. He deserves to be accepted and commended as a human being, warts and all, because while I don't know him at all, everyone who has ever met him or worked with him has had nothing but glowing comments about him. I have yet to see something seriously negative about him from someone who actually knows him.

Put it this way, if we had to sort people into groups of good and bad, there would be no discussion needed about which category he would fall into. I do understand that people who are quick to trash others are really revealing more about themselves than those they are trashing. But it makes no sense to trash those who have done so much good for so many. I can never forget how, when the 2003 AI finalists were on tour and had a day off, they all went and had a good time while Clay took the opportunity (because he didn't know how long he'd have a captive audience for) to bring awareness to autism. That was a huge thing to me, probably the deal clincher after his Solitaire guest performance on AI3.

ETA: (In case that doesn't make sense, I am not in the USA, so I never watched AI#2 when everyone else did. I did watch AI#3 and saw the video of the AI2 tour only AFTER I watched the Solitaire guest appearance.)

i've always felt that Clay is basically a good man. The crazies out there can do what they do and write what they write because they never have to stand up and be counted. It is all anonymous and you can say what you like. They don't care if it is sick, disgusting or harmful. It just their kind of fun. If you had to put real names out ther instead of made up monikers then a whole lot would change. But that's the way of the internet.

Sites like TMZ & Perez get a lot more traffic from other than Clay haters so they see something and comment on it. It's not because they hate Clay but it's because they can comment and that sure shows the loonies out there.

Hee I really have to stop writing bad things about the OFC. I have no active membership now...OMG it's the thought police!. I can still read the message board though.

Good Morning, FCA! :BlowKiss:

Wow, 55 reading at FCA!!! That must have been an amazing sight for this amazing site! :nanalove:

I honestly just have no understanding of people complaining about Clay's lack of blogging. When I look at what other stars do to reach out to their fans and then compare it to Clay--there's just no comparison! And, I REALLY don't see any point iin trying to quantify the complaints of those who always want more of Clay. I think it's pretty clear, he blogs as much as most stars. But that's only a little portion of what he does:

Who else walks the line after concerts touching everyone's hand? Who else put himself out there for Broadway Cares night after night? Who else of his stature does the SD night after night and signs and talks and poses for pictures? We have a wealth of Clack. We have so many stories to share. A blog is not the only way to reach out.

I'm just sick to death of people who never think that Clay gives enough to the fans.

Claymates are blessed.

Preach it! I hope Clay is one fraction as happy as he makes me, cuz if he is, he's a lucky man!!

Ditto on the PREACH IT! Thnx for posting the pictures, wallpapers, and new avatars, too. ;)

CV is giving them to members in a zip file. They are here, there, and everywhere, I think.

Trying to stuff the pecker back in the condom after the deed is done is fruitless.

Wanda, you do have a wonderful way with words! :cryingwlaughter:

Awesome news about the junior golfer! Kudos to all who contributed! :clap:

Thnx for bringing over the pix and recaps of the CV 10/11, i.e., Clay and his harem ... and Mom. Sounds like a wonderful evening!

I have a new blog at Carolina On My Mind that starts with Clay's latest for UNICEF/ONE, lead graphic by Fountaindawg with more in the interlude, a quick GFI recap, ending with a most recent photo of our very mobile 16-month-old Kai. Hope you enjoy! :)

When I left to teach at the music academy Friday afternoon, the blog was on Page 1 at Google. While I was gone, the pix hit, and most of the authentic Clay Blogs had been relegated to Page 3 and beyond. Eh! :imgtongue:

ETA: Your hits and comments do help. I notice this morning that a couple of our Clay Blogs that were on p. 3 are now on p. 2. There are links to the recently updated journals in the Carolina sidebar. Thnx for the visits! :BlowKiss:

Have a fantastic weekend, all! :clay:

Caro listen.gif

Claytonic..just don't read the comments. You are a you tube fan..you watch a lot of Obama stuff -- nasty comments are par for the course on the internet. If they upset you don't read. It's a mean nasty world. And Jamar is right..nothing was more nasty to me than reading the espn board the last time Serena Williams won Wimbledon. Just as nasty or even more so than anything I've read about Clay. And hell the OFC sometimes is worse than any comments I've ever read and those folks LOVE Clay. Such is life.

Yep. It only took a couple of minutes after Kirby Puckett died for nasty nasty stuff about him to show up on the articles. Our local online used to allow comments on any story but they stopped after the personal trashing that was occurring on the high school sports stories. And on one sports blog I read...someone suggested that my favorite player be "taken out behind the barn and shot"...

It's not about Clay.

Granpa Aiken and His Broadway Bear

Bears-09-CELEB-Spamalot-002.jpg

:blink:

Oh, wow! It's huge! I mean, that thing is enormous! It's super-size! It's...it's...really BIG!!!

*blinks*

The bear, people! I thought it would be, like, you know...a beanie baby.

Really.

That's what I meant.

Ahem.

Okay, Captain Obvious speaking, but I think a major aspect of blog-gate is people wanting/demanding 'what they paid for'. If I pay for the guarantee of dependable periodic blogging from a professional website and the owner does not fulfill that agreement, I doubt I would continue to pay for that service. Had the fan club never made an initial 'promise' of monthly blogs (wasn't it worded 'monthly' the first year?), the level of dissatisfaction with Clay's sporadic blogging might be different. Not for some, but for others. In my real life, when people say 'it's not about the money', it often IS. May not be the main concern, but it certainly exacerbates already charged situations.

The thing is, according to the advertising NOW, he technically fulfills the agreement by blogging exactly...um...twice. It does say 'personal blogs' (plural). Beyond that, since it does not specify a quantity or frequency, it seems to me each individual's level of satisfaction with 'what they paid for' is entirely their own responsibility. Spending my time analyzing, ranting about, or hurting over Clay Aiken's decisions regarding the fan club is not high on my list of priorities.

Intellectually, I understand the desirability of Clay remaining visible and 'in communication with' his fans. I even understand the frustration with Clay's choice not to utilize this self-promotional tool. But emotionally, I guess I'm not deeply invested in how or when or if he runs any aspect of his life or career the way I might prefer or want. Do I have ANY CONTROL OVER the weather? Same deal.

In other words, I'm always delighted when Clay blogs, but rarely unhappy, sad, angry, irritated, or (insert negative emotion here)...when he doesn't. I have enough real pain and problems with people I, you know, actually interact with, to expend emotional energy on whether Clay Aiken disappoints anyone, including me.

Nasty comments on youtube or elsewhere on the web? Par for the course. There is a segment of the internet population who treat commenting like a blood sport. They seem to thrive on nastiness and on others' reactions to them. Kind of like the type of person who spends their hours concocting a computer virus. It's a mentality, a mind-set. Has nothing to do with Clay Aiken, though he has been a popular target. Eh, doesn't matter. I look away from that kind of word gore.

For all of you headed to Florida and the GFI have a safe trip and a wonderful time.

There is a program on tonight at 9 PM on Lifetime called Prayers for Bobby. It is the true story of a gay teen and how he was so afraid of coming out to his parents. According to the short article describing the program, this is the book that gay teens give to their parents when they come out. His mother tried to "cure" him through prayer.

preview is here...warning.... have kleenex handy.

Prayers for Bobby

Morning, FCA! :hello:

I love, Love, LOVE the photobooth pics! :flirtysmile3:

I do feel badly about the invasion of privacy that took place for them to come to our attention, but hypocrite that I am, I enjoyed saving them as fast as I could! Looks like Reed is just as much a goofball as Clay... not to mention downright adorable... and Clay, well, he just floats my boat no matter what... Yep, there's that ICG! ICG.gif <- can we please add this emoti, MissCindilu2?

but there are so many others who DESERVE the nasty comments, why not have a Google alert for THEM rather than target someone like Clay who has brought joy and hope into the lives of many

Because darkness hates the light.

:yeahthat: It's "cool" to be nasty. Nice? Not so much. Sad? You betcha.

Great blog as always, Caro - thanks! :clap:

I saw a preview for that movie, Lotus. Have the Kleenex handy is right! Looks to be powerful. Might help to open some minds & soften some hearts... BTW, I love your siggie.

Off to run errands this morning afternoon, then back to catch up on some work (*waves to couchie*) that's been piling up over the past couple of weeks. Hope everyone who's been under the weather lately is feeling better. :BlowKiss:

:bravo:00lsee. I don't think Clay will ever need me to run his career. Besides I'm too lazy. :claydreaming_ClayIzzaQt:

I belong to the OFC to support Clay, so I don't really expect anything. Although the "He's here" post was so amazing. It just made the whole year.

I think the Broadway bears picture makes Clay look like a high school student. His outfit looks even better with the overcoat. Too bad I can't afford the bear.

Edited for punctuation. I'm so bad at it.