#47: That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• President Obama needed advice from a Stimulus Package Expert.
    • I will watch with Clay on it. And TIVO it, and wat it multi-times, and in freeze frame.
    • Let's celebrate what's good about him, his music, his philanthropy, his good looks, his great voice, his everything!
    • He was just a singer on a stupid reality show and would disappear like Kaiser Sose!
    • This guy is worth all the love we can bestow on him!
    • What a joy it was to sit right there and watch "naked" Clay singing "naked" songs.
    • Clay is Wicked Awesome!
    • Two words: Aiken Fog.
    • ...phone book...mumble...mumble...
    • Clay Aiken has wicked game
    • 6 years and counting and he's still curling toes.
    • My game is wicked...
    • No matter what Clay says or does, SOMEBODY will get their panties in a wad.
    • He's Clay Aiken. He sneezes in style.
    • Clay Aiken=Me fan Squared to the nth degree for life!
    • He is...therefore I fan.
    • The perfect mix of voice, comedy, and just plain humanity.
    • I never said I wasn't crazy. I just said that I wasn't a Claymate.

Seriously hate to admit that I hate that song "This is the Moment," but I STILL liked hearing Clay sing it.

(....phone book....mumble mumble.....mumble)

Seriously hate to admit that I hate that song "This is the Moment," but I STILL liked hearing Clay sing it.

TWIN!!!!! (Although I haven't listened to it yet...will wait for visual clack...)

So, seems as though I missed the festivities..... :cry4:

But I am looking forward to the clack! Mandy? YAY! TITM? Double YAY! POYB? Wheeeeeeeeeee! SSTBTHW and another song that I can't remember the name of but I am sure I will come to know and love shortly? :clap::hubbahubba:

I had one of those roller coaster kind of days.....shit hitting the fan, big family blow up, brother stormed out, then a nice afternoon, lunch at the Rainforest Cafe, played Wii this afternoon, lots of good quality time with SIL & niece. Drive home was not one of my favourites....son #2 got car sick and 2 hours turned into 3 hours....argument at the pharmacy over prescription policies before we finally got through the door, late for GFI. Eeeep. But here I am. :)

Off to look for clack and head for bed. Back to work tomorrow......hee, more time to surf.

somehow I'll make this short enough for a thread title.

Like I said 1 song out of 1,000. I'm willing to sacrifice for the greater good. :hahaha:

Wow, the CV cellcert was amazing, I really loved everything he sang, even Mandy. Now, at least, we know he isn't going to just sing love songs that aren't gender specific.

Oh, I think they love boobies alright, it's the vaginas that don't appeal!

BWAH! canfly...that made me hoot out loud here at work! Thank you.

I'd love to take credit but the hoot was courtesy of Clay's Old Broad.

Hey, listen you! The only person who's allowed to call me Clay's Old Broad is me....and possibly Clay. So watchit!!!! :mallet:

I would like to point out that I'm not in Florida so that distinctive laugh from the CH cellcert isn't me. Someone *cough*PerusingOne*cough* has been blaming me for her unique laughter which has been showing up on the Clack all these years. Thanks everyone for making me feel like I was there tonight.

Happy Lunar New Year to those who celebrate!

:hugs-1: to those in need.

This is for you KAndre:

glowstickcat.gif

What a night. He looked gorgeous! I had him directly in my line of sight through dinner.....he is gorgeous. I won a poker set which I donated back because I have never played poker and that sucker was heavy. I'm told the guy who gave it to me was some famous poker player, Greg Raymer. He wasn' t as gorgeous as Clay.

Scarlett had the best view for Clack evah! Even Clay agreed! Oh did I say he was gorgeous.

The mini concert felt so intimate and personal. I loved it.

There was a non-fan sitting next to us and after the concert she said she could just feel the love in the room for him. It was quite palpable.

Oh and he looked gorgeous.

He came over to our table to congratulate the woman who won the dinner and he was standing next to PerusingOne who was so shocked she didn't take one photo!

somehow I'll make this short enough for a thread title.

Like I said 1 song out of 1,000. I'm willing to sacrifice for the greater good. :hahaha:

Couchie... just leave off the beginning and start with,

"I hate "TITM," but I STILL liked hearing Clay sing it... phone book... mumble... mumble."

Does that work? Great thread title, wanda!

People are grumping cause he only sang soft songs... hey, he only had a pie-aner and he maybe just wanted to sing purdy songs this time. No rockin' out Clay, but that's ok occasionally... occasionally, Clay!

Wow! Thanks merrieeee, sounds like Scarlett's, Perusingone's and your trip was worthwhile.

This is from caperkeeper, the cellcert person at CV.

WE Had shut oki down before Diane Bubel found her way over to oki. However I did speak with her briefly. She apparently even knew 'oki's name!

Anyway she just wanted to thank all of us for our support of the BAF - in the past - and tonight. She emphasized how grateful everyone at BAF is for Clay's fans and how we support TBAF. She said they've been able to do some really great work and it's because of us.

That's about it!

oki is what they use for the cellcert. Some kind of machine.

What a night. He looked gorgeous! I had him directly in my line of sight through dinner.....he is gorgeous. I won a poker set which I donated back because I have never played poker and that sucker was heavy. I'm told the guy who gave it to me was some famous poker player, Greg Raymer. He wasn' t as gorgeous as Clay.

Scarlett had the best view for Clack evah! Even Clay agreed! Oh did I say he was gorgeous.

The mini concert felt so intimate and personal. I loved it.

There was a non-fan sitting next to us and after the concert she said she could just feel the love in the room for him. It was quite palpable.

Oh and he looked gorgeous.

He came over to our table to congratulate the woman who won the dinner and he was standing next to PerusingOne who was so shocked she didn't take one photo!

sounds like it was a great success :)

glad you could attend the concert

and I will play poker with you anytime :)

Seriously. What was he supposed to sing with only a piano for accompaniment?? Bohemian Rhapsody?

Oy! :hahaha:

Glad the FCA'ers in attendance had a good time. Can't wait to hear from our Canadian buds!

but...merrieee! How did he LOOK!?!?!? :blink:

:hahaha:

So glad you and Scarlett got to see and hear the man up close and personal-like. How cool. :BlowKiss:

And re: grumping 'coss he sang only 'soft' or 'slow' songs...Speaking only for me, I just gotta say that it's not so much that they were slow or soft songs, but that I'm not a fan of 50% of the ones he chose (because either I'm just tired of hearing them or because I've never been a fan of them in the first place!). And because since I wasn't there in person, I can't really appreciate the musicality of the performances the way they should be appreciated, I'm sure. And because I don't think Ben's piano playing jives with Clay singing live in an intimate setting. Ben is an orchestra/Broadway musician, I guess, and I've never really enjoyed his 'interpretation' (or lack thereof, imo) of the songs when he's accompanied Clay. The notes just seem to be plunked and thumped haphazardly rather than coaxed or stroked. Just my personal tastes, is all.

That Clay Aiken, guy, however. He can SANG! :wub: And according to merrieee, he is kinda gorgeous, too! :hubbahubba:

Couchie... just leave off the beginning and start with,

"I hate "TITM," but I STILL liked hearing Clay sing it... phone book... mumble... mumble."

I think I'll go with phone book...mumble....mumble. Everyone will get it. LOL..

anyway..clay sings soft songs..what a surprise. It cracks me up that people have to be reminded at least once a year that Clay loves singing soft songs.

I bet no one in the room gave a darn.

whoo hooo perusing one... did she touch him? If so she can't shower until I see her next month. hee

All of FCAers who are there and the others (SOLO!) who are passing on some more news..thank you. This has been fun.

EEEEEEEEE!! New clack is on the way! I can't wait.

I had a rehearsal tonight, and then had to take my dtr. to a guitar lesson, so didn't get to listen to the cellcert.

Thank you, Claygasm, for the links for the downloads! Most of the songs are at full capacity for downloading, though, so I'll have to wait until later to listen to them. Darn!

I'm so happy that our FCAers had such a great view of Clay! I'm sure that Scarlett got primo clack.

Muski, I was going to ask what you don't like about Ben's piano playing. I'm glad you explained. Sounds like he's a 'banger' rather than a 'caresser.' Heh. I can caress and bang. Take that however you like! :hahaha:

piano.gif

I bet he wonders why he bothers sometimes.

oh I'm sure Clay knows this fandom by now..even before he reads the boards. It's the nature of the beast that when he performs, opinions will be expressed.

I've enjoyed the commentary tonight.

I never noticed Ben. I can block out everything but Clay's voice.

And don't mind the songs. I just like new clack..new old clack... I will even listen to Mandy. Maybe this one will do the trick. :hahaha:

By the way in case I didn't mention it he was GORGEOUS! Loved his hair. it was actually styled but I think he went a bit heavy on the guyliner. I keed, I keed. No make up at all. Very light lashes GAH. Not that I was staring or anything!

Was never really a fan of Barry Manilow. Mom is. When I told her Clay sang Mandy better I thought she might disown me

Well I can relate to Clay because at my job at the store our head boss is never happy with anything anyone does. No matter how much work you do it's never enough.

I bet a lot of people can relate to that some how.

really you can never please everybody. You can just do your best.