#47: That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• President Obama needed advice from a Stimulus Package Expert.
    • I will watch with Clay on it. And TIVO it, and wat it multi-times, and in freeze frame.
    • Let's celebrate what's good about him, his music, his philanthropy, his good looks, his great voice, his everything!
    • He was just a singer on a stupid reality show and would disappear like Kaiser Sose!
    • This guy is worth all the love we can bestow on him!
    • What a joy it was to sit right there and watch "naked" Clay singing "naked" songs.
    • Clay is Wicked Awesome!
    • Two words: Aiken Fog.
    • ...phone book...mumble...mumble...
    • Clay Aiken has wicked game
    • 6 years and counting and he's still curling toes.
    • My game is wicked...
    • No matter what Clay says or does, SOMEBODY will get their panties in a wad.
    • He's Clay Aiken. He sneezes in style.
    • Clay Aiken=Me fan Squared to the nth degree for life!
    • He is...therefore I fan.
    • The perfect mix of voice, comedy, and just plain humanity.
    • I never said I wasn't crazy. I just said that I wasn't a Claymate.

You know what? Monday night I didn't go with any expectations of what he might sing. Didn't care! He was singing live to me.......yes me no-one else in the room. At least that is what it seemed like to me.

After he had sung I just was so happy to be there and hear him again just singing I still didn't care. He was sublime and it was HIS choice for the night. What more do people want other than a man to sing beautifully to them with what he wants to sing? I'll take that any day over not!

Just for fum I went back and watched TITM from High School......my god what a difference! I thought the old version showed he had talent. This version shows he has mastered it.

I like covers.

I only like them when they involve sexy singers... named Clay. I'm picky that way. :sleezy:;)

Where's the "waving wearily while lying prone" emoticon?? Got home from GFI last night around 9 after travelling for 13 hrs and I'm pooped...and have to go to work momentarily. :cry4:

I MAY have some pictures~I obviously have had no opportunity to even have a look at them yet, so if they're worth posting I will. I know I'll have some decent pictures of the area and Mirasol itself, which was absolutely gorgeous.

GFI was awesome~much lower-key and more casual than the main Gala. As merrieee already told you, Joe (the auctioneer) was not there so the terrific auction twosome of Joe/Clay weren't performing, which was a shame....

Food was very nice, served buffet style; Mirasol did a BANG-up job of the whole event. Very attentive and pleasant servers. The room was small and intimate, thus Clay's choice of music, amongst other reasons I'm sure. The James Ingram piece blew . me . away!!

More later as I think of it, but by that time you'll be sick of recaps. :)

Had to add my comments to the following, though:

:sorry: Didn't mean to ignite any issues, firmly believe everyone has a right to voice any opinion, but it personally bothers me and makes me scroll when people complain time and time and time again-and not in a lighthearted, jesting or playful way- about hating this or that song or the covers issue, particularly if those same posters never seem to discuss anything they do like about Clay or his choices, musical or otherwise.

You hit the nail on the head for me with the underlined; that's EXACTLY what bothers me about some commenters (not here). I couldn't even put my finger on it, but you just did!

FTR: if Clay ever does tour the UK, I am SO there. I am a little worried about navigating in a wheelchair, haven't been back since I've needed the chair, but I miss it a lot and would love to visit, especially if in combination with Clay doings. I keep having Tube nightmares, hearing "mind the gap" and wondering how easy/difficult it would be to traverse London in a wheelchair, but I am game to find out. :lilredani:

Cool! You can be our guide! :)

There's quite the contrast between Clays' look last night, and at GFI last year!

GFI_D.jpgIMG_9509crop-1.jpg

Well, for Pete's sakes, I was there and who knew that shirt was striped??? In the lighting in the room, goldarngirl and I thought for SURE it was the mauvey-gray one he wore for AH when he did the interviews.

Claytonic, Aussie slang can get some of us Yanks in trouble, eh? :lol:

Heee....and sounds like I'm rubbing off on you!

Just call me a postwhore...

Cute golfing pictures from Misty1928 at the CB

A few choice ones:

DSCF0164.jpg

Heee! Makes his "do" look reaeeeelly crazy! :hahaha:

DSCF0144.jpg

Now THAT's a view!!! :clap:

FromClaygary... cracks me up that you didn't realize he had on striped shirt. Welcome home! Hope you got some good pictures.

I meant to comment on the article. Thanks for posting. What I liked most about it is that it was mostly factually correct with regards to his charitable endeavors. And I agree that most people know absolutely nothing about that part of Clay.

While doing the cellcert at CH they asked me what his shirt was like. I thought it was grey/white stripe. PerusingOne thought it was purple/white stripe and someone else thought it was just grey! The lighting was terrible! Perfect for a country club dinner but awful for ogling our boyfriend.

While doing the cellcert at CH they asked me what his shirt was like. I thought it was grey/white stripe. PerusingOne thought it was purple/white stripe and someone else thought it was just grey! The lighting was terrible! Perfect for a country club dinner but awful for ogling our boyfriend.

at least you have lighting as an excuse..I came out of a meet and greet in broad daylight not realizing the man had on glasses.

To celebrate the sixth anniversary of "Take", here is a montage by Chardonnay that I LOVED and made me remember initially falling in love with this cuter singer on AI. Schmoopie, after watching this.

You Tube, first...

Here it is on Clack Unlimited if you want to have it...

Always and Forever

Couchie... BWAH!

I just watched goldrangirl's vid of POYB. Man, that was schmoopie-making for sure. His voice is sublime, but I love watching him screw up for some reason and "granny" was having a tough time keeping it together and I didn't blame her a bit. Watch it if you haven't already!

I gotta admit, I'm not quite getting the "too young" thing about covers...hell, one of Destiny's Child's first hits was Emotions, which was a big time cover...not to mention the whole "Moulin Rouge" thing with Lady Marmalade...but then, all I tend to want in music I like is for the artist to bring something new to the table...

Australia, Australia...hmm, I haven't been to Australia yet...full of hot guys, yes?

Whatever song Clay sings then becomes a Clay Aiken song for me. Now when I hear RHW by Richard Marx, BW by Mister Mister, IWKWLI by Foreigner, etc. they just seem to fall flat for me cause its not Clay's voice. In fact, I think I even had almost every cover song on ATDW before Clay's CD came out but I don't listen to them much anymore. I listen to his. Well, John Waite with When I See You Smile may be an exception but I have a huge collection of 80s music... The point is I am cool with whatever Clay chooses. Overall with CDs I do like a mix of uptempo, mid tempo and ballads. I adore EIDN (as well as Ashes and Falling) and yet if the entire CD was this style I would miss the ballads, the glory notes and the lyrics that touch my heart. But if the CD was only ballads, I would miss the up tempo stuff. The thing I love about Clay is he is so versatile. I personally like a very wide variety of music styles and I love that Clay does that and mixes it up on his CDs and even moreso in concert.

I also have this fantasy of seeing Clay cover Livin' on a Prayer by Bon Jovi. I really think he could pull it off!! (now my secret is out. hee)

We gotta hold on to what we got

It doesn't make a difference if we make it or not

We got each other and that's alot

For love, we'll give it a shot

Ohh We're half way there

Woah Livin' on a prayer

Take my hand and we'll make it - I swear

Livin' on a prayer

Livin' on a prayer

I am much more familiar with 50s, 60s and 70s music than I am with 80s or 90s, so ATDW was largely new songs to me anyways. But even when Clay covers older stuff that I am familiar with (like some of the stuff from the JBT) those songs become Clay songs to me forever more.

FromClaygary, sorry to hear about the lighting and seating issues again. Maybe we can hope for some open air, naturally lit venues this summer? ;)

So it seems my niece is getting her wish today. Snow all across Ontario....she flew to Ottawa with her parents yesterday, and is supposed to be returning tonight. I'm hoping they don't get snowed in! The picture below was taken the first time she got out to play in the snow....unfortunately it was that icy kind of snow, not the soft, packing kind, so no snowman yet. But maybe soon....

post-212-1233158335_thumb.jpg

OMG...I've always fantasized about Clay doing me covers of old soul/R&B songs! I remember when CG came to Casa Muski and put Clay's "If You Don't Know Me By Now" on our player in the living room for both Mr. Muski and me to hear for the first time. I hadn't bought that WalMart CD version. Gah. That voice filling the five speakers in the room...and then Mr. Muski said, "And somebody decided THAT shouldn't go on the cd?"

yeah...that.

Australia? Hell, yeah! :yess: I've always had a fantasy of going down on Clay under. :sleezy:

Hey, wanna read some fun books? Great characters? Really good writing? Exciting storylines that make you want to just find a corner and read until it's all over? And then get the next book in the series? Man, I stumbled onto a really super-dooper writer, Tara Janzen, who's written a series of "Crazy" books---Crazy Hot, Crazy Cool, Crazy Wild...etc. and then continued with a "Loose" series--"On the Loose", "Cutting Loose", etc....I can't get enough! And talk about some hot sex and romance---she does 'slow burn' equally as hawt as the "Oh, YES!" parts...and I just LOVE both the women and the men characters she's developed.

And Gibby, you'd really like them 'coss the setting of the home base of operations of this crew of characters is Steele Street in LoDo, Denver Colorado!

I enthusiastically recommend all of her books---they're paperbacks and I've found some in my library! :clap: (With Clay doing who knows who what for a while, it might be wise to find some good reading material, ya' know? :rolleyes:)

I enjoyed everyone of the songs last night. I am one who care less what he sings as long as he does it well. I actually got teary eyed at the end of Proud of Your Boy. He sure has made us proud.

I loved "Proud of your Boy". I thought Granny was adorable. I loved that it performed in that casual manner.

6 years and counting and he's still curling toes.

This has nuthin' to do with nuthin' but....I love my new Clay avatar, but I want it bigger. (yeah, yeah....I know.... B) ) I cropped it from the pic I posted earlier and tried to make it as big as I could (which is my usual modus operandi, of course... :sleezy:), but it's still smaller than some others. (not that there's anything WRONG with that :unsure: I mean, I'm sure SOMEBODY still believes that BS about 'size doesn't matter' :hahaha: ...)...

Would anybody like to help me make Clay bigger? :lilredani:

Excessively friendly hot guys in shorts? My kind of place, clearly!

My man Clay tends to sound lickably good, no matter what he sings. Now, I have to admit, sometimes Clay seems to want me to lick the aural equivalent of brussel sprouts (and yeah, I know we have some total and complete freaks that I love to death who adore those little balls of oral death and yes, Sailing comes to mind... but you may get the impression I don't like them. You would be right.) but his voice is the cheese that makes anything (well, except Chinese food) edible.

I'm working on my metaphors today!

My man Clay tends to sound lickably good, no matter what he sings. Now, I have to admit, sometimes Clay seems to want me to lick the aural equivalent of brussel sprouts (and yeah, I know we have some total and complete freaks that I love to death who adore those little balls of oral death and yes, Sailing comes to mind... but you may get the impression I don't like them. You would be right.) but his voice is the cheese that makes anything (well, except Chinese food) edible.

You lost me somewhere between "Clay seems to want me to lick" and "balls."

6 years and counting and he's still curling toes.

thread title?

ew bruseel sprouts

eeeeeeeeeeee Sailing :P

you don't like Chinese food? HUH? did I know this?

so when are we going to Australia..I need to save.

I love Chinese - it's simply one of the few things I won't put cheese on to eat.

However did I guess that one of the sweet, innocent posters here would somehow make my totally innocuous post about naughty activities? Though I thought it would be merrieeee...and frankly as Clay is a dude, he would probably read the sentence the same way...

I am the white space QUEEN! Good with short sentences too!

Australia in the summer for the short clad dudes of course!