#47: That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• President Obama needed advice from a Stimulus Package Expert.
    • I will watch with Clay on it. And TIVO it, and wat it multi-times, and in freeze frame.
    • Let's celebrate what's good about him, his music, his philanthropy, his good looks, his great voice, his everything!
    • He was just a singer on a stupid reality show and would disappear like Kaiser Sose!
    • This guy is worth all the love we can bestow on him!
    • What a joy it was to sit right there and watch "naked" Clay singing "naked" songs.
    • Clay is Wicked Awesome!
    • Two words: Aiken Fog.
    • ...phone book...mumble...mumble...
    • Clay Aiken has wicked game
    • 6 years and counting and he's still curling toes.
    • My game is wicked...
    • No matter what Clay says or does, SOMEBODY will get their panties in a wad.
    • He's Clay Aiken. He sneezes in style.
    • Clay Aiken=Me fan Squared to the nth degree for life!
    • He is...therefore I fan.
    • The perfect mix of voice, comedy, and just plain humanity.
    • I never said I wasn't crazy. I just said that I wasn't a Claymate.

BWAH! :cryingwlaughter: Via Google Alert---a restaurant in Nashville that has sandwiches named after famous people...here's how much a Clay Aiken 'sandwich' (down smutters....that means YOU, merrieee! B) ) costs!

CLAY AIKEN $4.95

When the Pied Piper Eatery opened this fall, it became abundantly clear that cuteness—and wordplay—were in the genes. The menu teems with music-themed meals such as the Reuben Studdard, the Hannah Montana ham and cheese and the Clay Aiken (nothing but cheese).

merrieeee, can we find out who we sponsored to see how well he or she did in the competition? If it's supposed to be anonymous, I can understand. I hope all you FCA'ers have a fantastic time at GFI.

I get over things quickly, at least some things. *g*

whoops

sorry

that's my dad's dream job to work on a golf course so he can golf for free

he tried to teach me once & that was enough for him :)

nice stuff on the auction and unfortunately I can't afford to bid on any of it :(

I plan on talking to Aron when I get there and I have a little gift for our golfer. I will find out how the teams did and let you know.

tribeca tell your dad working on a golf course is actually a lot of work.

When the Shell Houston Open is in town the only golf I see is the last putt. Our tradition is for the office staff to go up on the 18th green and meet the winner and have our picture taken with him. My favourite picture is one with Payne Stewart.

If your dad was in Houston I would give him tickets to the tournament.

I want a clay aiken sandwich!!

ha that is pretty funny

although I hate cheese :(

and they spelled Ruben's name wrong

merriee

My dad loves to work

he use to run the Lion's club golf tournament thing (don't ask me anything about it I have no clue)

and we use to always go to the GHO every year but my mom has a disability now so she can't really stand or sit long.

We are from CT

Don't we all! :hubbahubba:

JaMar and I ate a Measure of a Man in a deli in Bethlehem, the day of the JBT at Musikfest. It didn't have any cheese in it, IRRC.

I bet that was a mouthful. :sleezy:

But no doubt easy to swallow.

Hey, Couchie! Thanks, I've kind of missed posting.....not sure why I haven't been. I've been around, just reading. I think it's a habit and I fall out of it every once in a while. Then I find it hard to get started again.

But if we are discussing Clay sandwiches, I'm opening up my lunch box. :BlowKiss:

Stranger can kiss my ass Play. Get a life Stranger.

I honestly have no idea what all of this about. There are plenty of people here who have strong opinions about the fan club - for and against. They are free to have that opinion either way.

Cha Cha - no thanks..I want my clay sandwich :hahaha:

Hellllooooo! Gosh I haven't been here in ages...I think for awhile I forgot I was even a member.

As long as I'm here I'll put my two cents in about the dinner. Someone at CV pointed out that it seems to be the ones with the big bucks that always get the "time" with Clay, thus making the others feel left out. The discussion included the OFC and Clay's seemingly lack of communication with the fans who can't afford to go to Galas, Spamalot, etc. I almost had to agree with that, but at the same time those lovely ladies paid a LOT of money for probably one of the most phenomenal experiences of their lives. I was just thrilled for them, but I'm absolutely appalled that they are receiving such nasty PM's. Unbelievable. I loved all their recaps...they were so good it almost made me feel like I was there, and I truly hope that the "nasties" don't take anything away from their joy.

Anyway, I'll stop back in when I have a little more time.

:hello:

Well, now. :hahaha:

I'd be just as happy to leave all the bickering and fighting on the other boards where it originates. I don't see the point of dragging it over here. But hey, I know how to scroll, so carry on if it floats your boat!

Merrieeee are you excited yet?

Why would I be excited?

Oh yeah!

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I'm going to see Scarlett and PerusingOne on Sunday!!!!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! You like us, you really like us and we absolutely like you too!!!

(uh, we're also going to be seeing a cute guy, right? what was his name again? *g*)

No worries, {{{Fear}}}.

Via CH:

Well I’m home and still pinching myself to believe that it actually happened.

Thanks again Val for being our leader and getting it to happen. You are the best!!

He was amazing ... he looked gorgeous, was charming and ever the gracious host.

I had Clay sign the On My Way Here CD … he asked me if I spelled my name with an “e” and I told him no “e” … so now he writes

Carole … why would I put an “e” right after you told me not to? I’m stupid! Use your voice. Clay Aiken.

He said he was sorry that he made the mistake … kept apologizing for it. My name is actually Carolyn and I said are you able to make it read Carolyn instead ... and he did ... came out fine. My printer/scanner doesn’t work so I am unable to scan it. If I am able to do it from work I will scan it then.

CV10 ladies ... miss you all already.

Sherri's recap was spot on.. I had the worst seat but to be honest, I didn't really care. I had a perfect view. I loved watching his every movement. I never once felt out of the conversation even though I was at the end of the table. His assistant was lovely and I had a nice conversation with her. I was the first to take a picture with Clay. I put both arms around him and I just wanted to hug him. He felt so good to hug... Carol was next. He checked the camera and decided we both needed a redo. Very fine with me!!! The second pic I opted not for the hug. I didn't want to overstep... He was so generous the entire evening.. Warm, friendly and funny. He certainly takes charge and commands the conversation. As we already know, he is so gifted... He definitely has IT!!!!!!