#47: That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• President Obama needed advice from a Stimulus Package Expert.
    • I will watch with Clay on it. And TIVO it, and wat it multi-times, and in freeze frame.
    • Let's celebrate what's good about him, his music, his philanthropy, his good looks, his great voice, his everything!
    • He was just a singer on a stupid reality show and would disappear like Kaiser Sose!
    • This guy is worth all the love we can bestow on him!
    • What a joy it was to sit right there and watch "naked" Clay singing "naked" songs.
    • Clay is Wicked Awesome!
    • Two words: Aiken Fog.
    • ...phone book...mumble...mumble...
    • Clay Aiken has wicked game
    • 6 years and counting and he's still curling toes.
    • My game is wicked...
    • No matter what Clay says or does, SOMEBODY will get their panties in a wad.
    • He's Clay Aiken. He sneezes in style.
    • Clay Aiken=Me fan Squared to the nth degree for life!
    • He is...therefore I fan.
    • The perfect mix of voice, comedy, and just plain humanity.
    • I never said I wasn't crazy. I just said that I wasn't a Claymate.

well I can understand the he's too "young in his career" to be recording covers aspect. But I'm like duckyv - for me with Clay it's not about what he sings its just that I need him to sing. It's more about how his voice makes me feel. It's like a salve to my soul for some reason I stopped trying to explain and understand a long time ago. And I'm an old soul and have been since my mid twentys. I don't listen to new music. Actually the only way I find new music today is if the song is played on a television show I watch...and then I really really really have to get it in my head the first time to make me go in search of it. My choice, when I do turn on a radio in my car is to listen to old time R&B (all those groups Jamar and JMH mentioned yesterday) from the 50s-80's. Very few new songs penetrate the track list of that station.

Im an old soul to, I much prefer older songs, to whats on the radio today..I like to be able to understand what is being sung about without the screaming...I think music with words for the intention of dancing, not listening to is a waste of time lol

and I also like a good ballad...ya know, there used to be a time when you were really something if you could sing a good ballad, now its like ballad is a 4 letter word...thats not to say I dont like more upbeat stuff..as long as I can understand it, and the lyrics arent pointless lol

think my issue with cover besides I like new music

is I think Clay is too young for it

tribeca, you're not the first person I've heard say this, but I truly don't understand that. To me, age is a NUMBER. No more, no less. It doesn't make a difference to me the age of the artist, just that I like his voice, or his musical choices, or both, or his humor.

[

guess when I think of artists that are doing covers all I think of is people who are old

like Rod Steward, Barry Manilow and Tom Jones (he covered a rap song shivers)

also I did think release a covers's CD as his second CD was a huge mistake. One that I think cost him. Know a lot of causal fans who after that cd never looked for new music from him.

Believe that if On My Way Here was his second CD instead of ATDW it would have sold better.

I am very disappointed by the covers CD but will sit alone in my corner on that. Part of me feels like it's just giving up.

I listen to the radio a lot. There isn't really a lot of screaming unless you are listening to rock (which isn't really screaming it's a different way of singing).

There are actually a lot of good songs on the radio and some not so good.

Snow/ice day here! :deepersnow:

DSC00960.jpg

DSC00964.jpg

DSC00965.jpg

DSC00967.jpg

''My game is wicked,'' Aiken admitted from the Mirasol Country Club in Palm Beach Gardens Monday. ``I just tip the ball in. I don't have the patience. I think my handicap is like 7,000!''
Interesting choice of adjectives. *g*

6 years and counting and he's still curling toes.
Thread title?

I love Chinese - it's simply one of the few things I won't put cheese on to eat.
I have to agree with that. Cheese? Good! Chinese food? Good! Together? Baaaaad!

Australia in the summer for the short clad dudes of course!
Which would be winter for us, right? :lilredani:

I'm in for the trip to Australia! Gday_kangaroo.gif

Winter here, summer in Australia! I'm thinking Qantas has a zone thingie - some of our Aussie buds need to tell us which is the best itinerary as Australia is a titch large...Qantas mentions a Wine and Culture one (Los Angeles to Sydney to Melbourne to Adelaide to Brisbane to Los Angeles) but it doesn't seem to include koalas and the reef (I'm a touristy tourist!)

Annabear

looks like you took pictures of my back yard. So pretty as long you don't have to drive in it. So happy I have today off :)

I was wondered when someone would say something about the word wicked. When I read it all I could think is that is such an East Coast word.

here it is usually Wicked Awesome :)

Hmmm....Clay is Wicked Awesome!

Works for me!

Though I think the eHP was thinking of Hawaii/Buenos Aires this summer (which would be winter/fall in Argentina, but I like off-season travel too...hmmm)

Hmmm... I read it as a Reed word! :imgtongue:

Winter here, summer in Australia! I'm thinking Qantas has a zone thingie - some of our Aussie buds need to tell us which is the best itinerary as Australia is a titch large...Qantas mentions a Wine and Culture one (Los Angeles to Sydney to Melbourne to Adelaide to Brisbane to Los Angeles) but it doesn't seem to include koalas and the reef (I'm a touristy tourist!)
Koalas, the reef, and kangaroos are musts!

Annabear

looks like you took pictures of my back yard. So pretty as long you don't have to drive in it. So happy I have today off :)

That it is! I'm glad you have today off, too, if it's anything like it has been here!

I told my boss last night, as I left work in the middle of a pouring sleet storm, that I was NOT coming in today if we even just got another inch of snow overnight. Dumb ass that he is, drove into work this morning right in the middle of the blizzard (literally) that hit during rush hour and then sent all of us an email about how he hoped he could get home! :rolleyes: Then the office finally sent out an email around 11:00 about understanding people's concerns about the weather, giving them permission to leave early... it stopped snowing around 12:00 and now the sun is trying to peek through the gray sky.

Hmmm....Clay is Wicked Awesome!
Another thread title? Or we could use Clay's own quote:

My game is wicked
ICG.gif

Southern women are out of their frigging minds!!!!!

I just had to get that off my chest.

Since I have failed miserably at all diets that involve--you know--actually eating less, I decided to try a new approach. Everyday, I cook something new and exciting and try to eat in moderation--reminding myself that there will be food again tomorrow and it's not going to disappear from the planet. I decided to cook my way through the south--Cajun food, etc. I've just finished ONE AND A HALF hours in the kitchen chopping, sauteeing, etc. some South Carolina (or is it Florida or Gorgia??) dish called County Captain.

Jesus Christ--it's not even done! It still has to cook in the oven!

This rant is totally Clay-related as my primary motivating force is to live long enough to see Clay recognized as an American icon.

F%$k!!! This crap better be good.

Visiting Australia

Must Sees:

Sydney Harbor

Get the city bus/ferry pass and use it. Use it to see the sights and ride the ferries and rivercats all over the bay and down the tributaries.

Take the bus out to Bondi Beach. Shop at the street fair at The Rocks. Stay in botique hotel in The Rocks area under the Sydney Harbour Bridge within walking distance of the Opera house and Circular Quay.

ULURU

Spend at least two nights so you will have one full day and two half days.

Stay in the Emu Walks apartments at the Ylara area and rent a car. Lots to see. Go in the shoulder season but no later than mid-September unless you love flies- flies swarming your face and settling all over your back. Those silly hats with the corks bobbing all over the front or netting to cover your face are not a joke.

Get there by way of Alice Springs or fly direct. Do not take the overland bus from Alice unless you really want to spend 6 hours staring at desert bush. You will see plenty of that at Uluru. It is not respectful to climb the Rock but lots of people do it anyway. Go out to Kata Tjuta. Drive yourself or take one of the SMALL van tours with a guide. Skip the big bus tours.

Must do a night tour. Either spend the bucks for the catered dinner out in the desert complete with digeridoo concert and story telling with night star viewing or do the really cheap Night Sky Observatory tour. Do anything to get away from the lights to see the sky. You will be right under the thickest part of the Milky Way.

Great Barrier Reef

I go by way of Cairns or Port Douglas. Both are fine with lots of boats going out to different places on the reef.

Favorite place to stay: Silky Oaks raintree forest lodge in Mossman. It is not on the coast but it is on the river and there are no crocs.

Must see if time is not an issue

Perth

I love this town.

Tasmania

Take the ferry across the Bass Strait, rent a car and drive from one end of the island to the other. Eat lots of Raspberry goodies and buy lots of local cheese to take home.

Darwin area

Tiwi Island

Kakadu (Where the original Crocodile Dundee movie was filmed.)

Katherine's Gorge

[b]Do New Zealand on the way to or from Australia. Just fly in, rent a car and start driving. It is easy to get around. When you want to stop, find an Information office and let them make local reservations for the night.

Do not travel in either Australia or New Zealand during the school breaks unless you like to travel when all modes of transportaion to be jammed and all hotels booked.

I want Clay to go to Australia.

Since I have failed miserably at all diets that involve--you know--actually eating less, I decided to try a new approach. Everyday, I cook something new and exciting and try to eat in moderation--reminding myself that there will be food again tomorrow and it's not going to disappear from the planet. I decided to cook my way through the south--Cajun food, etc. I've just finished ONE AND A HALF hours in the kitchen chopping, sauteeing, etc. some South Carolina (or is it Florida or Gorgia??) dish called County Captain.

This rant is totally Clay-related as my primary motivating force is to live long enough to see Clay recognized as an American icon.

I guess it is too late to tell you that the Food Network has a 30 minute version... ?

maybe by the time it is done cooking you are too tired to eat it

so that's how you loose weight

Hmmm... I read it as a Reed word! :imgtongue:

:D Exactly

Seriously, buy yourself some Skillet Sensations. 10 minutes in a pan with the lid on, and they're done. No muss, no fuss, no sweating in the kitchen. Low fat too. Tasty! As you can tell, they are my newest time-saving, weight-loss-inducing, health-conscious favourite. ;)

BWAH Wanda....you reminded me of a birthday card my brother gave me a few years ago, and wrote it to "my sister, who has dedicated her life to finding a way to make Minute Rice in half the time." Those long ass recipies might be good, but I have NO PATIENCE.

Thing about Clay and his talent has always been for me that he not only has a great and identifiable voice -- he's got SOUL. I sure wish others could hear that part of him. Early on, his friends said that he loved to sing Motown while driving around town. Anything that showcases that part of him would work IMO.

Smitten, GO TO THEM. Your sheets are probably sitting on someone's desk.

I want to see Ayers Rock & Alice Springs

(and stand on top of a bus in a long dress flowing behind me*g* Ha! I kid...just a scene from one of my favourite movies.)

I would love to visit Australia and New Zealand. As for standing on top of a bus I'd have to get much better at keeping my balance. Loved that movie and over the years have watched it 3 times. Priscilla Queen of the Desert, for any of you who might not know of it.

Thanks for that photo of lanky Clay and like ncgirl I fantasized about how nice it would be to be able rest my head on that tummy.

I think Musikfest is writing for the series the Game

this commercial was just one

the first profession gay player has just come out (his name is Clay)

and when the girl finds out she responds

"isn't Clay too big to be gay?"

sorry that totally cracked me up :)

I am sooo hoping for a R&B cover CD. Now, that I can get behind!!! I LOVE every song he's done in that genre. That man can wail...

I have always dreamed of going to Australia and New Zealand. Ayers Rock for sure! I have friends who took the Lord of the Rings tour in New Zealand and loved it. Gorgeous scenary they put in the movie! Especially that pointed eared, long blonde haired guy... :cryingwlaughter:

I guess it is too late to tell you that the Food Network has a 30 minute version... ?

ACK!!!!!!!

My only consolation is this is one of the best things I've ever cooked and my whole house smells wonderful!!!

The 30-minute recipe is a bit different although the basics are similar. I defy anyone to do all that chopping and preparation in 30 minutes.