#47: That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• President Obama needed advice from a Stimulus Package Expert.
    • I will watch with Clay on it. And TIVO it, and wat it multi-times, and in freeze frame.
    • Let's celebrate what's good about him, his music, his philanthropy, his good looks, his great voice, his everything!
    • He was just a singer on a stupid reality show and would disappear like Kaiser Sose!
    • This guy is worth all the love we can bestow on him!
    • What a joy it was to sit right there and watch "naked" Clay singing "naked" songs.
    • Clay is Wicked Awesome!
    • Two words: Aiken Fog.
    • ...phone book...mumble...mumble...
    • Clay Aiken has wicked game
    • 6 years and counting and he's still curling toes.
    • My game is wicked...
    • No matter what Clay says or does, SOMEBODY will get their panties in a wad.
    • He's Clay Aiken. He sneezes in style.
    • Clay Aiken=Me fan Squared to the nth degree for life!
    • He is...therefore I fan.
    • The perfect mix of voice, comedy, and just plain humanity.
    • I never said I wasn't crazy. I just said that I wasn't a Claymate.

I want to see Ayers Rock & Alice Springs

(and stand on top of a bus in a long dress flowing behind me*g* Ha! I kid...just a scene from one of my favourite movies.)

Or while riding in a monstrous glass slipper, sipping champagne. Great movie.

Also love this movie. And, thanks to my Aussie friend in Japan, "Muriel's Wedding." If you haven't seen it, you really should!

grumble...

so, after waiting at the mailbox everyday, expecting my time cards because I was told they were mailed on the 21st, not to mention that Ive called everyday and nagged them..and asked for them to be sent again and was told that wasnt possible...she just called and said they were mailed today...harumph!

normally this wouldnt be an issue, because they put them in with the check from the pay period before...but since I have to fill them out before I can get paid the first time..its been a battle..

but...God willing, they are on the way lol

I want to see Ayers Rock & Alice Springs

(and stand on top of a bus in a long dress flowing behind me*g* Ha! I kid...just a scene from one of my favourite movies.)

Or while riding in a monstrous glass slipper, sipping champagne. Great movie.

Is that the movie called..... Priscilla, Queen of the Dessert???

I would love to go to Australia. My husband was there on and off for a couple of years. Whenever he would go he would come home from work on a Thurs. and tell me he was leaving on Sunday. When my work schedule comes out, about a month ahead of time, I could not swing going with him. We then decided the next time I would try to change, I went and got my passport. He teased me he would be in business class and I would be crounched in couch. I was already and he stopped going. I have seen alot of his pictures, and they had some awesome scenery. Once I was out skiing, when he was out on one of his trips, and they called me into the patrol building because he was on the phone from Australia. It was like 0 degrees that night, and he was calling from the beach. Sometimes it is not fair. In my dreams I will get there someday.

grumble...

so, after waiting at the mailbox everyday, expecting my time cards because I was told they were mailed on the 21st, not to mention that Ive called everyday and nagged them..and asked for them to be sent again and was told that wasnt possible...she just called and said they were mailed today...harumph!

normally this wouldnt be an issue, because they put them in with the check from the pay period before...but since I have to fill them out before I can get paid the first time..its been a battle..

:yess:

I read of your dilemma on CV, smitten. Hopefully you'll get them now. This must be so frustrating for you! Crossing my fingers!

From CV:

QUOTE (03jersey @ Jan 28 2009, 10:15 AM)

My GFI summary

Most notably, our golf foursome was the team that came in last and we were still given a prize to recognize our efforts. YEAH TEAM! We had a blast, the day was beautiful, Marisol is awesome, and BAF went above and beyond to make our entire day there so memorable.

First, I’m very proud that BAF had a successful event and their efforts continues to bring such happiness to the lives of those children who benefit so greatly from BAF’s programs.

Second, I absolutely bow down to our Clack goddesses.

I’ve tried several different ways to explain what was happening during Proud of Your Boy, from my perspective, but it’s not working very well. It’s difficult because, for me, this wasn’t about Clay Aiken, the multi-platinum recording artist, the performer, the Broadway star, singing to me. So there are no freckle or hair or sock reports. I certainly can’t begin to surmise what was going through Clay’s mind—except he was trying to remember the words to the song.

So I’ll just say I never would have imagined that the words to POYB (which I’ve listened to over and over in the past) could ever take on such a whole a new meaning.

As best as I can recollect my personal feelings when Clay was singing to me, he was just having a conversation with me, looking me straight in the eyes, telling me about his life and hoping I would/could someday find it in my heart to be very proud of him. I know there were many people out in the audience, but at that moment, they were looking in through a window, and really couldn’t hear our conversation. The moment was just that personal for me.

At one point, when he was still singing, it took every ounce of energy for me to not jump off the stool, tell him to stop “talking”, and just hug him. I wanted to explain to him that I understood what he was saying and they were words that he didn’t have to be speak. Of course, all I could manage to say was “I am”. My tears (which were instantaneous the moment Ben began playing the piano, so I knew I was going to be in trouble) were just a natural reaction to a young man honestly and sincerely and softly “talking” to his “granny”. For Clay, he could have just been singing a song. I wasn’t in his mind so I can’t speak for him, but he sure made POYB a very special moment for me.

That sounds so over-sentimental, but that’s the best way to describe it. Somehow, to me, the hug at the end (and it was one mighty big, warm bear hug) wasn’t a “thank you” for winning the BAF auction. I wanted to feel that somehow, someway he knew what was in my heart. The experience was absolutely priceless. His voice, up close, without being filtered through a mic or speakers, just really can’t be described.

I remember nothing else.

Hi All,

I would love to visit Australia, but I am afraid the though of 20+ hours on a plane makes it a no go for me...I am not a good flyer. Two hours in the area to NYC I can handle but anything more puts me in a panic.

I actually like to cook so long recipes don't bother me...I usually only cook on the week-ends now; but I really am happiest when I am in the kitchen, cutting, chopping, sauteing. etc. I find it relaxing. I know, I am weird.

Kim

I actually like to cook so long recipes don't bother me...I usually only cook on the week-ends now; but I really am happiest when I am in the kitchen, cutting, chopping, sauteing. etc. I find it relaxing.
This is me. It's the clean up that I don't like, even with a dishwasher.

I actually like to cook so long recipes don't bother me...I usually only cook on the week-ends now; but I really am happiest when I am in the kitchen, cutting, chopping, sauteing. etc. I find it relaxing.

I don't even have a dishwasher...so when I making a huge mess in the kitchen...I just clean up a little at a time...there are always clean dishes in the drainer and dirty ones in the sink...but I don't mind washing dishes either.

Again, I know I am weird!

Kim

ETA: just noticed my post is the same as the year I was born!

This is me as well, although I don't even mind the cleanup. The key, I've discovered, is to clean up as you go along. Anyway, I love to cook, and think that I need to investigate a new career as a chef. Except then I'd NEVER be able to travel for Clay Aiken shows.

Unless...

Hmmmm...I think Mr. Aiken said one time about his having a personal chef. Hmmmm. I could do this.

*starts researching recipes that he could tolerate with all his allergies*

Just sat down to look at the new issue of Taste of Home and found this quote:

"Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all"

Harriet Van Horne

Kim

I like to cook. When my children were little I cooked big meals everynight. I still cook alot. we are not ones to go out to eat much. I belong to a women's group that has a Gourmet lucheon four times a year. Last week it was at my house. I am in charge so I have to come up with the menu for everyone . Next month we are going to Greece. Normally I am not a picky eater, but there are two things that are in a lot of Greek recipes. Eggplant and grapeleaves I can not do. So I came up with recipes that these are not in. They let me pick the recipes, so I had my choice. I also love to bake, but for the life of me I can not make a good pie crust. Thank goodness they sell it in the refrig or frozen section.

I just love watching the video for Proud of Your Boy. He at times melts my heart. He sure did look good the other night.

Dusting is what I HATE. Seriously. For my Christmas present this year, I gave myself a year free of dusting--I pay somone to dust one hour a week. That's all. Just dust. (I feel so decadent, I can hardly stand it!) It's so worth every penny.

I'm just happy as shit!

grumble...

smitten :hello: you are WAY too nice for your own good! Somebody (not you) needs a smack upside the noggin.

From CV:

QUOTE (03jersey @ Jan 28 2009, 10:15 AM)

My GFI summary

That was wonderful, merrieeee thanks for bringing it over...and IMHO, Clay was RIGHT on the same page with her! What a memory, and what a keepsake he has now made that sheet of lyrics, for her.

If you've seen the video that goldarngirl captured, you'll know he gave her backstory prior to singing the song~she couldn't be a more appropriate winner of that particular set of lyrics.

It was schmoopie indeed!

but for the life of me I can not make a good pie crust.

Lard. Awesome pie crust.

Muriel's Wedding is a great funny movie, as is Strictly Ballroom. I always tear up a little at the end of Strictly Ballroom, when everyone is dancing to Love is in the Air - on the other hand, Brian's Song and Love Story made me snicker. Go figure.

Once Were Warriors is great, but I cannot bear to watch it again, it is about the Maoris and their problems.

I would love to visit Australia, but I am afraid the though of 20+ hours on a plane makes it a no go for me...I am not a good flyer. Two hours in the area to NYC I can handle but anything more puts me in a panic.

Aikim - I was that way until I transferred to a job where I had to fly to Holland and Japan and such - I found that once I got through the take-off, which still terrifies me, I was okay as soon as the plane was up and level and the seat belt sign went off. And my company paid for business elite, so I could drink champagne from the second I sat down until the plane started moving. The longer the flight, the more kind of boring it got. Although I was never able to sleep.

When vacationing in Australia, we flew everywhere, because, as ncgurrl says, it is vast distances of nothing, and one time I was in a small plane bouncing around and was quietly terrified. The guy I was sitting next to was a rancher, he said most all ranchers fly planes, it is the best way to get around, and he explained why turbulence was bumpy, it made sense, and I was okay.

I really like that picture of Clay, he looks like such a guy. If that makes any sense.

I am way behind today, but I saw this and had to laugh...

DSCF0140.jpg

It's like 'Pyow! Pyow!' Introducing the newest Charlie's angel pose...

Well, I thought it was funny. :)

:sleezy:

I thought something really funny when I saw it too...

I've been to Australia. I LOVED Australia. One of my very favorite trips ever!

Covers: FOR ME it is not just the fact he does covers, it is his selection of songs he chooses to cover. They tend to be among the most ubiqitous songs out there! I wish if he feels he must do covers he would pick a better variety of songs and a better variety of tempos and some that are far less known - and surely are not currently getting radio play by other artists.

But I do think he is getting himself trapped in a box - especially coming off a show like AI that was all about singing covers. There must be good orginal songs out there he can record. Oh right. He did that and no one bought the CD....

While I adored a few of the covers on ATDW (IYDKMBN as muski mentioned, BW is to die for and TOA, which of course is a lesser known cover...) most were IMO boring versions of boring songs. Sure his voice was pretty, but the songs were nothing exciting TO ME.

But what will be will be. I just hope whatever his next album is will be one someone other than "us" will hear about - in a good way, of course. He needs that - no matter whether the songs are originals, covers or a combination of both!

I thought something really funny when I saw it too...

I was wondering when someone was going to see the smutty version lol

you know Ive been on the clay boards too long, before I would never have noticed that lol

Well, as Gomer Pyle would say, "SurPRIIIIIIZE! SurPRIIIIIIZE! SurPRIIIIIIIIIIZE"...'coss that's the FIRST thing I thought of when I saw that picture. :hahaha:

I thought, "Yeah...right, Clay...like you have to show us where it is." :rolleyes:

:cryingwlaughter:

I beat muskifest to the smuttage!!

*eyes her position as town smutter greedily*

... Nah. I know there's no displacing the top smutter of the boards. Can I be the apprentice smutter?

:hahaha:

Posted by BEEDAWN at CH regarding the "Fascinating Queers: Clay Aiken: Measuring the Man" article:

Lorrette C Luzajic from Gay Online Magazine has made a comment on her blog:

Hey, thank you all so much for writing your thoughts! I’m glad most of you enjoyed my article and I hope you’ll stay tuned for all the Fascinating Queers I’ll be bringing to you regularly.

I have carefully considered what some of you have insightfully remarked on, in reference to the stereotypes or names and puns I used about Clay- and use often in much of my writing, about myself, too. I enjoy wordplay and have a rather twisted sense of humour, and I respect it if not everyone is amused. I hope the affection is clear, however, in my intention. I firmly believe in that ‘reclaiming language’ stuff- that taking the bite out of words by playing with them lovingly changes their sting and gives them a sweetness, or puts their charge in my court instead of ‘theirs.’ I think it started for me a long time ago when I was 13 and everyone called me a fag hag at school because my best friend was clearly, shall we say, unique. It felt so hurtful until one day I discovered ‘hag’ means holy woman and I became quite proud of the term. Still, it’s not really a political act but a playful one. You’ll likely find my wordplay in future writing, but I’ll try to be clear and inoffensive!

I also chuckled at the idea that I’m a closet Clay fan? I think I was quite open to gush about my crush- it’s not a secret that I think he’s a living doll.

thank u all, please feel free to write me