#47: That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• President Obama needed advice from a Stimulus Package Expert.
    • I will watch with Clay on it. And TIVO it, and wat it multi-times, and in freeze frame.
    • Let's celebrate what's good about him, his music, his philanthropy, his good looks, his great voice, his everything!
    • He was just a singer on a stupid reality show and would disappear like Kaiser Sose!
    • This guy is worth all the love we can bestow on him!
    • What a joy it was to sit right there and watch "naked" Clay singing "naked" songs.
    • Clay is Wicked Awesome!
    • Two words: Aiken Fog.
    • ...phone book...mumble...mumble...
    • Clay Aiken has wicked game
    • 6 years and counting and he's still curling toes.
    • My game is wicked...
    • No matter what Clay says or does, SOMEBODY will get their panties in a wad.
    • He's Clay Aiken. He sneezes in style.
    • Clay Aiken=Me fan Squared to the nth degree for life!
    • He is...therefore I fan.
    • The perfect mix of voice, comedy, and just plain humanity.
    • I never said I wasn't crazy. I just said that I wasn't a Claymate.

Okay, I have the 45 in my hand:

One Tin Soldier (Ballad of Billy Jack)...Sung By Coven

(Dennis Lambert - Brian Porter)

Warner Brothers

Orignal Soundtrack to the Movie "Billy Jack"

Perhaps there was a Canadian and an American version?

Wikipedia info on Coven: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coven_(band)

Kim

Heh. The version of One Tin Soldier on my computer is by Joan Baez.

Seriously - I think I have every song mentioned so far (and know the lyrics to most of them :cryingwlaughter: ) Maybe I oughta go cut my wrists now.

Off topic but who cares ..heee

I got chills listening to the cockpit recordings of Sullenberger to air trafic control. WHO THE HELL IS THAT CALM? That is a hero. And he's so unassuming.

I saw that today, too. Incredible! You know, if that whole thing was in a movie you'd say - pfffft - unbelievable. Hee - I always scoffed a little at the flight attendant's 'in case of a water landing' spiel. Umm, that's not a landing, that's a crash! But this proved me wrong.

Awww, missed a nice discussion. When I saw the number of pages that had gone by I wondered what had happened!!!

Lol on all the choices... nothing to add

and :loveclaysbutt:

ETA: Except maybe "Devoted To You"

Darlin’ you can count on me

Till the sun dries up the sea

Until then I’ll always be devoted to you

I’ll be yours through endless time

I’ll adore your charms sublime

Guess by now you know that I’m devoted to you

I’ll never hurt you, I’ll never lie

I’ll never be untrue

I’ll never give you reason to cry

I’d be unhappy if you were blue

Through the years my love will grow

Like a river it will flow

It can’t die because I’m so devoted to you

I’ll never hurt you, I’ll never lie

I’ll never be untrue

I’ll never give you reason to cry

I’d be unhappy if you were blue

Through the years my love will grow

Like a river it will flow

It can’t die because I’m so devoted to you

Off topic but who cares ..heee

I got chills listening to the cockpit recordings of Sullenberger to air trafic control. WHO THE HELL IS THAT CALM? That is a hero. And he's so unassuming.

I saw that today, too. Incredible! You know, if that whole thing was in a movie you'd say - pfffft - unbelievable. Hee - I always scoffed a little at the flight attendant's 'in case of a water landing' spiel. Umm, that's not a landing, that's a crash! But this proved me wrong.

My favorite section from the transcript

3:29:26 New York TRACON: "OK, which runway would you like at Teterboro?"

3:29:28 Flight 1549: "We're gonna be in the Hudson."

3:29:33 New York TRACON: "I'm sorry, say again, Cactus."

So on second only job, I'm working on this Grammy project and contrary to what I thought it was going to be, it's actually interesting. What I'm most noticing is how many artists work with other artists.. whether it be vocally or producing. I'm not much on trying to figure out Clay and his career - but that is the one thing I always thought would help him on the radio --some sort of interesting collaboration.

The other thing I discovered.... how many damn cover albums there are. hee And I found one I want to buy.

Did anybody know Boys II Men is up for a grammy this year for Motown: A Journey Through Hitsville USA.

We really are on the same wavelength, I just posted that song up thread...it was Terry Jacks

One Tin Soldier (Ballad of Billy Jack) by Coven

(My husband collects 45's and I have a list here on my computer, LOl!)

Kim

Nope...unless there are two of them (certainly possible)...that one's Dixie Lee Stone. I worked with her and knew her well when she and boyfriend Keith Hampshire recorded it. Her one hit. :)

<snip>

This is so freaky!!

I was singing that song on my way to work yesterday!

Yup, it was the Dixie Lee Stone version that I listened to over and over and over way back when.

I imagine there is more than one song with the same name?

Hey, how about...Wouldn't It Be Nice

Wouldn't it be nice if we could wake up

In the morning when the day was new

And after having spent the night together

Hold each other close

The whole day through.o-o.

Oh wouldn't it be nice!!!!!

Can't remember who sang that one...anyone else remember it? Can't stop thinking about old songs.....I used to love Smoke Gets In Your Eyes.....ahhhhhhhhh those slow dances...hmmmmm but I digress

Hey, how about...Wouldn't It Be Nice

Hold each other close

Can't remember who sang that one...anyone else remember it?

The Beach Boys?

I'm an 80s music girl myself, but I remember hearing most of these songs on my mom's stereo.

Hey, how about...
Wouldn't It Be Nice

Hold each other close

Can't remember who sang that one...anyone else remember it? Can't stop thinking about old songs.....I used to love Smoke Gets In Your Eyes.....ahhhhhhhhh those slow dances...hmmmmm but I digress

Hey, that's the Beach Bums Boys and THAT was the one I was trying to think of. I've always thought those lyrics were, well, corny....

ETA:

Oops, posted that before I saw annabear's post, I couldn't believe someone had posted that because I was trying to think of it. Even the melody is kinda weird.

EATA:

The Beatles...one of my cousins dated George and
John
's Aunt lived across the street from my Aunt. Her son used to hang with him and my dad would not take me to Liverpool to visit my cousins no matter how much I begged!

You Light Up My Life....yuck

Macarthur Park
...........yes. It was all the mods favourite song.

John Lennon is my all-time favorite songwriter. He and Paul were a dynamite team but when the group split, it was John that I preferred although obviously, I am also a McCartney fan. ("Obviously" because how can anyone be a Beatles fan without being a McCartney fan).

MacArthur Park - in XFactor 2004 (first series), one of the finalists sang this song and Sharon Osbourne (judge) said it was a terrible song and she didn't like because it was about food and should be on the cooking channel!!!!!! I couldn't believe someone with her background in the music industry would take "someone left the cake out in the rain" literally!!

EYATA:

I just got this in an email. I think it is worth a look...

At a meeting of the AARP (American Association of Retired People) they showed a video that was submitted in a contest by a 20 year old.

The contest was Titled
'u @ 50
'.

This video won
second place
. When they showed it, everyone in the room was awe-struck and broke into spontaneous applause.

So simple and yet so brilliant.

It won second place, I figured anything that wins second place warrants a second look...

Billy, don't be a hero

Don't be a fool with your life!

Billy, don't be a hero

Come back and make me your wife!

And as he started to go

She said Keep your pretty head low

Billy, don't be a hero, come back to me!

I am NOT going down alone!

You know, it would be worse if the chair DID hear him and told him to stop kvetching!

:cryingwlaughter: I was trying to think of this one!

How about "I cant fight this feeling" by REO Speedwagon?

(The fact that it's on my " listen to while on the computer" playlist for the last few months is mere research 'cos I psychically knew someone would ask for lovely cheesy songs!)

OK, I wanna go back to sleep. I was having this awesome dream. I was at a Clay concert with luckiestdaughter. We were in 1st row balcony and it was wonderful. I don't remember what he was singing........but the feeling was wonderful. :)

TGIF!

Ooo!

I can't fight this feeling any longer

It's been running 'round in circles in my mind

Baby, I can't mumble mumble

Mumble mumble mumble

I do a lot of humming to this.

As for the heatwave down under, I came across this link that says that Australians and Americans really don't seem to comprehend how really bad heatwaves can be and have to admit, I wasn't aware of things like this:

Many older Americans remember the smothering heat of the 1930s, when drought and numerous long heatwaves created what was known as the ‘Dust Bowl’ decade. It destroyed farms throughout the mid-west states, driving farmers from their land and killing nearly 15,000 people in 10 years. Sudden, violent disasters like cyclones and bushfires focus public attention while tortuous heatwaves can affect much larger areas, often leaving a greater, but more scattered, toll. It was in 1900 when a hurricane killed 6,000 in Galveston, Texas, an event often ranked as America’s worst natural disaster. Yet the very next year, in July, a heatwave in the mid-west ultimately cost 9,508 lives. Similarly, Los Angeles region heatwaves resulted in 546 deaths in 1939, 946 in 1955 and 580 again in 1963. Thus, each of these little-remembered events killed more people than the very famous San Francisco earthquake and fire of 1906, which took 452 lives.

Hell, I was working on my degree in public health and this wasn't covered...people need to be careful!

LOTS of thread title poll choices at the top of the page!

And I'm just a cheesy gal, for I've loved almost any of the songs mentioned in the past 24 hours. The only song that, if Clay sang, I'd spork my eyes out with is "Having My Baby."

Hmmmm...did Clay sing that to Jaymes at one point in time? *g*

So many good choices for thread title! It's hard to choose.

I wish you had never mentioned "You're Having My Baby" because that is going to be in my head all day....and that is not a good thing!

Oh aikim...how many days to ANTM?

It's Friday eeeeeeeeeeeee

Good Morning Everyone,

30 Days until Daylight Savings Time!:yahoo:

42 Days until The First Day of Spring!

:yahoo:

61 Days until Judge Aiken holds court on AMTM!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

MacArthur Park - in XFactor 2004 (first series), one of the finalists sang this song and Sharon Osbourne (judge) said it was a terrible song and she didn't like because it was about food and should be on the cooking channel!!!!!! I couldn't believe someone with her background in the music industry would take "someone left the cake out in the rain" literally!!

My take is that mushrooms were growing in MacArthur Park.

So many good choices for
thread title! It's hard to choose

I wish you had never mentioned "
You're Having My Baby
" because that is going to be in my head all day....and that is not a good thing!

The choice was easy for me... something to do with a fan..

What about THIS song?

If I were a carpenter

And you were a lady,

Would you marry me anyway?

Would you have my baby?

That's just the start of it, the rest of the lyrics are even worse!

KAndre looks around slyly...

Oh yes, the carpenter's song...I think KF mentioned that as one of her FAAAAAAVORITES!

Oh, don't get me wrong...I love the cheeze myself - but really? What do we mean by "cheeze"? Is it "Lord, this just doesn't make any sense at all?" Example:

Islands in the Stream

That is what we are

No one in between

How can we be wrong?

Sailing in the dream

Mumble mumble

And we'll rely on each other, uh huh

Sharing love with one another, uh huh

or "Oh man, can you be any more clichéd?"

Roses are red, my love

Violets are blu-u-u-u

Sugar is sweet, my love

But not as sweet as you

Or is the primary attribute horrible lyrics and a freakishly catchy tune? And yes, I blame you, Mr. Clay Aiken, for sticking this particularly piece of crap back in my head:

Don't tell my heart

My achy breaky heart

I just don't think you'll understand

And if you tell my heart

my achy breaky heart

It might blow up and kill this man

ETA: OK, kf, those clearly aren't cheesy because I sure as hell don't recognize them! Do a link!

What about THIS song?

If I were a carpenter

And you were a lady,

Would you marry me anyway?

Would you have my baby?

That's just the start of it, the rest of the lyrics are even worse!

As I said yesterday, I married that carpenter -- and as bad as those lyrics are, the marriage was worse.

I need to cleanse my lyric palate. Here's GREAT lyrics from you.know.who -- already in progress:

The doctor came in

Stinking of gin

And proceeded to lie on the table

He said, Rocky, you met your match

And Rocky said, Doc, it's only a scratch

And I'll be better, I'll be better, Doc

As soon as I am able.

So Rocky Racoon

Fell back in his room

Only to find Gideon's Bible

Gideon checked out

And he left it, no doubt

To help with good Rock's revival

But one of my favorites from the same song:

Her name was McGill

And she called herself Lil

But everyone knew her as Nancy

Rocky Racoon -- best.lyrics.ever!

Just a thought: I always felt that Rocky Racoon was the inspiration for Dylan's "Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts" -- a song with masterful lyrics, IMO. But then just about everything Dylan sang fits in that category. One of my favorites from the mid-60's:

I know you're dissatisfied

With your position and your place

Don't you understand it's not my problem

I wish that for just one time

You could stand inside my shoes

You'd know what a drag it is to see you