#47: That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• President Obama needed advice from a Stimulus Package Expert.
    • I will watch with Clay on it. And TIVO it, and wat it multi-times, and in freeze frame.
    • Let's celebrate what's good about him, his music, his philanthropy, his good looks, his great voice, his everything!
    • He was just a singer on a stupid reality show and would disappear like Kaiser Sose!
    • This guy is worth all the love we can bestow on him!
    • What a joy it was to sit right there and watch "naked" Clay singing "naked" songs.
    • Clay is Wicked Awesome!
    • Two words: Aiken Fog.
    • ...phone book...mumble...mumble...
    • Clay Aiken has wicked game
    • 6 years and counting and he's still curling toes.
    • My game is wicked...
    • No matter what Clay says or does, SOMEBODY will get their panties in a wad.
    • He's Clay Aiken. He sneezes in style.
    • Clay Aiken=Me fan Squared to the nth degree for life!
    • He is...therefore I fan.
    • The perfect mix of voice, comedy, and just plain humanity.
    • I never said I wasn't crazy. I just said that I wasn't a Claymate.

I GOT PAID!!! I have never been more happy to see a piece of mail in my whole life lol

HOORAY for money!!!!

geeze.. I've been searching for 10 minutes the height of clarence clemons.. and the closest I've gotten is LONG. Why is that so hard. Just to satisfy my curiosity I put in how tall is Clay Aiken in google and I didn't even have to click on anything..I could plainly read 6' 1" in 6 out of the top 10 finds. hee.

Happy TGIF, FCA! :BlowKiss:

Friday is one of my L-O-N-G days when I teach in another city. Just before I left I posted a new Carolina On My Mind blog that I think you will really enjoy. This is the lead:

Aspiegirl is back with a brand new Clay Aiken montage that is a rush of energy from start to finish. Hold onto your hat, Clay Nation, and enjoy the ride this talented fan provides with "Spirit Unobtrusive."

In addition to Aspiegirl's incredible montage, there are two new GFI graphics by AmazingCA and some Valentine hearts from grandson Kai, compliments of Ashes.

You can view the montage in the blog or via the YouTube link, plus a Sendspace download is provided. Hang onto your hat, for real! :lol:

Have a great weekend, all! :clay:

Caro listen.gif

I received an email from one of the "shy lurkers" who, like me, is acronym challenged!

Just wanted to let the Mod Squad here know how much this board is appreciated by the silent visitors.

I will be updating the Glossary shortly to include:

ETA = Edited To Add

EATA = Edited Again To Add

EYATA = Edited Yet Again To Add

If anyone wants anything added, please email me as soon as possible (email address on the Glossary). I know the Glossary isn't the prettiest site but honestly, I've given up trying to get all the fonts to be uniform because Google Page Creator has a mind of its own and throws a fit if I don't use the right browser on the right day of the week or something - it is clearly male!! It's frustrating for a perfectionist like me but the main thing, I guess, is that it is functional.

I'm one of those shy lurkers at FCA--been reading for quite a while, but have only posted once, and love FCA's generous and supportive spirit. When things I see about Clay other places start to depress me (and when I'm happy, for that matter), I always read the posts at FCA and feel much better.

Anyway, I appreciate your glossary at the board and have used it several times to figure out what's being said, but for the life of me, I can't place all the various ETA acronyms, which I don't see listed in your glossary. No doubt it's something everyone knows (like OMG or BRB), but right now I can't figure it out. Color me Mostly Out to Lunch . .

Just wanted to let the Mod Squad here know how much this board is appreciated by the silent visitors.

I will be updating the Glossary shortly to include:

aww thanks for sharing Claytonic.

waves to lurker

EYATA AKA The Jamar :cryingwlaughter:

Holy shmoley! Enough thread title choices alright already, lol?

I see I got quoted, lol:

I never said I wasn't crazy. I just said that I wasn't a Claymate.

Who picks these things out, lmao?

Now somebody splain the McArthur Park cake/green icing melting lyrics to me.

I'm with Sharon Ozbourne. I don't get it either.

OK...so according to this...it's not supposed to make sense, lol:

Although teetering near the "Top Ten Worst Songs" for several years, MacArthur Park broke through in early 2002.

Given that the song was written in 1967/1968, the general consensus is "bad acid".

This is a truly silly, nonsensical song.

Spring was never waiting for us, girl

It ran one step ahead

As we followed in the dance

Between the parted pages and were pressed

In love's hot, fevered iron

Like a striped pair of pants

MacArthur Park is melting in the dark

All the sweet, green icing flowing down

Someone left the cake out in the rain

I don't think that I can take it

'Cause it took so long to bake it

And I'll never have that recipe again

Oh, no!

Loved the cute butt pictures...er...pictures of the cute butt! :hubbahubba:

ETA:

ETA = Edited To Add

EATA = Edited Again To Add

lol...I've never been that creative. I'll just put "ETA" and "ETA again".

Usually it's more likely to be: "Edited because I can't type worth shit!"

I guess that would be EBICTWS?

:cryingwlaughter:

Holy shmoley! Enough thread title choices alright already, lol?

I see I got quoted, lol:

I never said I wasn't crazy. I just said that I wasn't a Claymate.

Who picks these things out, lmao?

Someone nominates each one--either in this thread, and/or, ideally, in the thread title suggestions thread here, Thread title suggestions:

*waves at shy lurker* Great to hear from you!!

:Iluvclaysbutt:

Someone nominates each one--either in this thread, and/or, ideally, in the thread title suggestions thread here, Thread title suggestions:

I saw the thread suggestions thread once before, lol.

So, anything that anybody suggests gets put up huh? 'splains why so many this time cuz there sure were a lot of people saying such and such would be a good thread title, lol.

Soooo...who nominated what I said? Sure to go over like a lead balloon with Cindilu2 and Luckiest1, lol. ;)

So, anything that anybody suggests gets put up huh? 'splains why so many this time cuz there sure were a lot of people saying such and such would be a good thread title, lol.

Soooo...who nominated what I said? Sure to go over like a lead balloon with Cindilu2 and Luckiest1, lol. ;)

I aint taking the blame for this one, so don't be looking at me.

I aint taking the blame for this one, so don't be looking at me.

I'm pretty sure that you're guilty of SOMEthing though that we can blame you for. :naughtywag:

ETA: :hello: to all of the nice lurkers!

EATA: :hello: to all of the naughty lurkers too!

*pushes the door open just an inch and looks carefully around FCA to see if all the songs from yesterday are still making the rounds yet again* Whew! All clear, well almost... I had to play Sondheim today just to balance things and so it got into my playlist for a 3.5 hour drive to a "quilting retreat" -- basically a group of women drive out to the middle of a prairie in Texas, put 4 people to a room and stay up all night talking -- think of a Clay Aiken road trip but without a concert. :( I feel like Laura Ingalls Wilder. But the quilts they make are amazing!!! My contribution: finishing off the chips and dip and getting Wifi set up.

Happy weekend everyone!!!

ETA: Hope we have a real concert sometime soon..

From the CANN site:

Clay is #1

The Many Looks of TV Clay

ETA: How do I get rid of that extra space under my sig?

EATA: OK, just because I asked the question, most of the extra space is gone, but still not quite all gone...

EYATA: So... looks like my post was too short, and that meant blank space under my sig? (With these ETAs added, the blank space is gone)

So if you guys are the Mod Squad which one is Peggy Lipton?
Not a mod, but when I was growing up, Peggy Lipton was the height of "cool".

*pushes the door open just an inch and looks carefully around FCA to see if all the songs from yesterday are still making the rounds yet again* Whew! All clear, well almost...
*waves to Scarlett* Not quite clear. I love MacArthur Park. I have an amazing piano arrangement. It has a great interlude. :whistling-1: For trivia buffs, here's a link to the meaning of the lyrics.

From the CANN site:

Clay is #1

The Many Looks of TV Clay

ETA: How do I get rid of that extra space under my sig?

EATA: OK, just because I asked the question, most of the extra space is gone, but still not quite all gone...

EYATA: So... looks like my post was too short, and that meant blank space under my sig? (With these ETAs added, the blank space is gone)

You have a nice little conversation with yourself there, huh? :laught31:

You have a nice little conversation with yourself there, huh? :laught31:

Yup, it's a guaranteed way to get someone to agree with me :wordpooper: ....

AND to demonstrate a level of clayziness that qualifies me to be a member of Clay boards.... :lilredani:

*pushes the door open just an inch and looks carefully around FCA to see if all the songs from yesterday are still making the rounds yet again* Whew! All clear, well almost...
*waves to Scarlett* Not quite clear. I love MacArthur Park. I have an amazing piano arrangement. It has a great interlude. :whistling-1: For trivia buffs, here's a link to the meaning of the lyrics.

I was so desperate for better lyrics, Mandy Patinkin was even starting to sound great. Now that I know the story behind McAP though, the hokey lyrics are winning once again! *gives in and starts humming attempts to hum yesterday's mix*

Whenever we're in a period where Clay isn't singing any new songs, I try to imagine what it would be like to hear him sing a particular song or group of songs. "This Is The Moment" is special to me because right after the AI2 finale and before the singles were released, that was the song into which I kept trying to put Clay's voice. It was a joy to learn later that he had sung it and won a prize in high school and then much, much later... an even greater joy to finally be able to see and hear it live.

The GFI session, however, made me hungry for more of the "quiet but intense" songs from Clay and since he nicely got TITM checked on my wishlist, I now have a new entry. There's an album of quiet covers that I know will sound a thousand times better if sung by Clay, and in the off-chance that there will someday be a "stump the band" or "stump Jesse/Ben" portion of a concert, I will try to put in many requests. When I listen to these it's someone else I "hear" *g* The title is "Midnight Dreaming" and to quote a reviewer, "the album takes on the mood of a late night walk, with the cool night air softly blowing."

(why am I uploading some sample songs I'd like to hear from Clay instead of working on the HD caps of GFI? I'm In-the-middle-of-nowhere, TX but will be back home to work on them before the eHP party at merrieeee's)

ETA: To the experienced quilting folks here, I have a chance to get a simple Elna sewing machine at half price (legit!) -- should I be buying that brand?