#47: That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• President Obama needed advice from a Stimulus Package Expert.
    • I will watch with Clay on it. And TIVO it, and wat it multi-times, and in freeze frame.
    • Let's celebrate what's good about him, his music, his philanthropy, his good looks, his great voice, his everything!
    • He was just a singer on a stupid reality show and would disappear like Kaiser Sose!
    • This guy is worth all the love we can bestow on him!
    • What a joy it was to sit right there and watch "naked" Clay singing "naked" songs.
    • Clay is Wicked Awesome!
    • Two words: Aiken Fog.
    • ...phone book...mumble...mumble...
    • Clay Aiken has wicked game
    • 6 years and counting and he's still curling toes.
    • My game is wicked...
    • No matter what Clay says or does, SOMEBODY will get their panties in a wad.
    • He's Clay Aiken. He sneezes in style.
    • Clay Aiken=Me fan Squared to the nth degree for life!
    • He is...therefore I fan.
    • The perfect mix of voice, comedy, and just plain humanity.
    • I never said I wasn't crazy. I just said that I wasn't a Claymate.

Thanks so much! (I just realized I didn't say that before :o)

I should go watch the Gala RHW now--I mean, heck, I'm already teary-eyed, right? :) Any other super-emotional clips I should know about out there? ;)

I got all tear eyed when I went to watch WDC on YouTube & the audio had to taken off :(

eh?

I love star of bethlehem that he sang to his grandad. Only time I teared up listening to cellstream.

are you from Canada? because that is what my me mere use to say instead of what.

Something about Prince/copyright made all his songs be taken off YouTube (if you were caught)

I went to watch Clay's clip of it on YouTube and their is no audio that's why they could keep it up there.

Sooooo... Are there entire episodes of AI2 squirreled away anywhere for downloading or do I have to be clever and try piecing the episodes together? :lol: Might be fun!

couchie, I agree with that choice:

This version has the section of LTS added to it talking about his Grandfather.

I don't tear up much in regards to Clay, but this one got to me:

This was from the last show of the 2007 DCAT, in Orlando.

Sooooo... Are there entire episodes of AI2 squirreled away anywhere for downloading or do I have to be clever and try piecing the episodes together? :lol: Might be fun!

I think the full version original files had better audio than rewind. I think they should be at CU.

I think the full version original files had better audio than rewind. I think they should be at CU.

Really? I only see segments... But then again, I find things like a man, so... Heh.

No offense if there's a man hiding out here!! :cryingwlaughter:

ETA: I heard that there were entire episodes of the Rewind somewhere, but it was someplace where you need a membership and getting a membership just so I could download stuff from their vault seemed... crass?

Really? I only see segments... But then again, I find things like a man, so... No offense if there's a man hiding out here!! :cryingwlaughter:

I just took a look at CU to see how the AI files are listed. They're not there as full episodes, but it looks like all the Clay parts are there. If you d/l to one folder on your computer all from each subtitle under the Season 2 heading, then sort on the name of the files column, it will sort everything into date order since each file name begins with the date. That won't put the files per date into exact order of the episode, but it will group all the files by date and that alone will give you a pretty good summary. I think on competition nights, the proper order of the files will be pretty obvious; not as much on results nights as they included many segments, but the order probably isn't all that important. Each results episode ended with the results. During AI2, the Top 12 down to Top 2 did group numbers each week. They all sounded so good with each other. AI hasn't done group numbers too much since Season 2. When they did, they sure weren't as good as what the Season 2 folks did. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Really? I only see segments... But then again, I find things like a man, so... No offense if there's a man hiding out here!! :cryingwlaughter:

I just took a look at CU to see how the AI files are listed. They're not there as full episodes, but it looks like all the Clay parts are there. If you d/l to one folder on your computer all from each subtitle under the Season 2 heading, then sort on the name of the files column, it will sort everything into date order since each file name begins with the date. That won't put the files per date into exact order of the episode, but it will group all the files by date and that alone will give you a pretty good summary. I think on competition nights, the proper order of the files will be pretty obvious; not as much on results nights as they included many segments, but the order probably isn't all that important. Each results episode ended with the results. During AI2, the Top 12 down to Top 2 did group numbers each week. They all sounded so good with each other. AI hasn't done group numbers too much since Season 2. When they did, they sure weren't as good as what the Season 2 folks did. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Hee, thanks! I have most of everything I want (no pimpomercials or Jaded Journalist clips for me!) but I was actually looking for some of the other contestant's performances... plus, I thought it would be nice to have everything in actual episodes... Ah, well. I just don't understand why they don't release the series(es?) or at least the rewinds to DVD... :shrug: I would think there would be other fans out there who'd like to have the full episodes.

Hee, thanks! I have most of everything I want (no pimpomercials or Jaded Journalist clips for me!) but I was actually looking for some of the other contestant's performances... plus, I thought it would be nice to have everything in actual episodes... Ah, well. I just don't understand why they don't release the series(es?) or at least the rewinds to DVD... :shrug: I would think there would be other fans out there who'd like to have the full episodes.

Awwww, the pimpermercials are worth it!!! Most of them have Clay in them. Car Wash, Speed Racer, She's A Lady, and Ride Wit Me, at least, you should see! Hee.

acps01ukh6.jpg?t=1234070354

ClayFtMyers08-17-07.jpg

clay-aiken-sardis-restaurant-car-6.jpg

resize.gif

ETA: OH, no worries, AnAmeraikenInTX! I've seen all of the pimpomercials and I really like the Must Be the Money one (I think that's what it's called) where Clay dresses up both dorky and like a pimp--I just don't like them enough to download them and keep 'em!

Jeesh, whose great idea was it to have Charles Grigsby and Pink-Haired Girl sing together in the Guest Judge Medley? Blergh!

EATA: *watches the video posted below* Ooh, look, Clay in a t-shirt!

EYATA: I LOVE the AI2 videos!

he has the most amazing smile of anyone Ive ever seen...wow

Doesn't he just!! and when I look at those pics up above I just break out into that great big grin all the way to my heart.

I spent the last little while watching the bus lines on YouTube trying to spot myself and friends :cryingwlaughter: What a hoot! He just whips right by so fast.

Anyway, he smiles and that makes me smile and it just stays there the whole time.

In case anyone is interested. There are lots of them too.

I will probably rewatch the AI-2 vids now that you have brought them back to my attention.

So much Clay. Don'cha wish we could bring him half as much pleasure as he brings us?

:wub:

ETA: OH, no worries, AnAmeraikenInTX! I've seen all of the pimpomercials and I really like the Must Be the Money one (I think that's what it's called) where Clay dresses up both dorky and like a pimp--I just don't like them enough to download them and keep 'em!

Jeesh, whose great idea was it to have Charles Grigsby and Pink-Haired Girl sing together in the Guest Judge Medley? Blergh!

EATA: Ooh, look, Clay in a t-shirt!

Oh, ok. I won't worry then! Yeah, I think 'Must be the money' is Ride wit Me. That's when Clay is dork/pimp.

You know, when I bragged on the Season 2 group songs, the small part where Charlie and Vanessa sang on the finale show did come to mind as not being a good representation of my statement!

I don't remember that first picture of Clay. It's great! Thanks!

claytonic
, I was going to sympathize with you about the awful conditions in Australia. Sounds like all the global warming headed out there. I hope they get those fires out there. Sounds too much like California last year.
:friends:

Thanks, Fear. While it is very hot where I am, at least I can cool down in various ways when it gets somewhat unbearable. I am NOT in the southern states where catastrophic destruction (to property and lives) continues, nor am I in the northern part of my state where they are battling floods. I am thankful that I have a roof over my head and dry floors, but it is hard not to think about those who are devastated and feel that I should be doing something to help.

Still brings a lump to my throat watching it now....

That must have been amazing live. Those Clayzy people in the audience are something special - it's a huge compliment to Clay when the audience knows all the words to his songs (not that he'd expect any less, I am sure!).

ETA:

Scroll alert: Fires disaster in Oz

While I am not naive enough to be surprised that firebugs (arsonists) are involved, it is just beyond comprehension that this is something that was done deliberately and for FUN, for kicks.

I watched a forensic psychiatrist say that these firebugs are addicts, they have a compulsive disorder not unlike those with a fixation to drugs, alcohol, cigarettes or another substance they cannot stop thinking about. Apparently some don't really want to harm people, but others actually count the death toll and extent of destruction as a mark of their achievement and heatwave conditions are what they look forward to with great anticipation. They relight fires that have been controlled; some are even volunteers! The devastation is just shocking, scores of people dead, six members from one family perished and some towns no longer exist. completely burnt to the ground. It's reportedly the worst in our history.

Please pray (if you believe in prayer) for the victims and their families, or send good thoughts and healing light our way. Thanks.

If you'll settle for Rewind-level audio, there's someone who has tons to do clackwise but nevertheless has individual dvd's of entire rewind episodes & will make you copies after a bunch of stuff is uploaded to CU, the people who bought tbaf cd holders have been given stuff that was promised in 07 and after her first 2 quilt projects are done... Sounds impossible but send me a PM and we'll see if we can figure something out. Also, many thanks to a very kind angel (thank you!!), who fixed my Inbox problem :thankyou:

*waves to liney and fromclaygary -- I got my first sewing machine for $199 (retalil $400) because a quilt store 50 miles away is going out of business. Solo will be aghast but some quilters willingly got into my care & so that I could drive them there and back. We made it back in one piece, but now I have the beginnings of a stash and a couple of projects to do. Will take pictures tomorrow!* :BlowKiss:

Good Morning Everyone,

28 Days until Daylight Savings Time!

:yahoo:

40 Days until The First Day of Spring! :yahoo:

59 Days until Judge Aiken holds Court on ANTM!:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

*waves to liney and fromclaygary -- I got my first sewing machine for $199 (retalil $400) because a quilt store 50 miles away is going out of business. Solo will be aghast but some quilters willingly got into my care & so that I could drive them there and back. We made it back in one piece, but now I have the beginnings of a stash and a couple of projects to do. Will take pictures tomorrow!* :BlowKiss:

Yaay!! Good buy! ....and Scarlett, no disrespect to you and your car....but quilters will do ANYthing to get to a quilt shop that is going out of business! :hysterical:

Sounds like you're having a fun retreat! :)

I'm so glad you did a short recap! I was dying to know how it was! I agree about the NJU...it's interesting, isn't it?

It really is! And it really made me realize how important it is for any artist to make sure that the show is not only catering to the core fanbase, but also to the NJU who have bought tickets because they know the name and the show is in their area. Now I understand the people who I've had opportunity to sit beside at Clay shows, who were disappointed when he didn't sing "Solitaire" or "Invisible". Hee, and some of those were at Christmas tours! ;)

Awww... man, I was gonna make it, but then I saw Quiana wiping away tears and I got all teary-eyed myself...

I've never watched that clip before.

Clayzy... I'm not on my home computer, but when I get there I'll try to remember to post a clip of Wilkes-Barre that is much closer and therefore much more tear inducing. Remind me next Friday if you remember.

I don't ever have a day so gloomy that Clay's smile doesn't make me happy.

THREAD TITLE!!! Hey, it's never too early for a thread title nomination! :cryingwlaughter:

So much Clay. Don'cha wish we could bring him half as much pleasure as he brings us?

B)

Don't I wish he'd just give me the chance to try. :lipstick::sleezy:

muski... :BlowKiss: I have missed you!!! Smut away, girl!!!