#48: He is...therefore I fan.

Couch Tomato

New Thread Title Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What say ye - what's our new thread title?

• I don't ever have a day so gloomy that Clay's smile doesn't make me happy
    • At the end of the day, who cares? Clay is hot. He?d be hotter naked. ?nuff said
    • Ladies and gentleman, the 49th president of the United States and American Idol runner-up, Clay Aiken!
    • FrstlgrglooMmflsgoolce! :heart: scruffy Clay!
    • The Clay Aiken fandom....it's just fun!
    • I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

Yah... It just seems odd because weren't Superstar and Somewhere Over the Rainbow kind of like Ruben and KLo's "signature" songs on the show?

ETA: I'm that way too! On the Wings of Love

Ok, coming out of lurking to add my 2 cents on why Clay sang On The Wings Of Love. Maybe, since it wasn't a song being judged, he decided to be different, and sing a song he liked(and possibly sang before, pre-Idol). Of course, this is just speculation on my part, and should be taken with a VERY small grain of salt.

if I was invisible :cryingwlaughter:

ETA: Just teasing you whatavoice..don't go back into lurkdom... the air is ok in here

ETAA: VIEW NEW POSTS -- I'm determined that this auction/fundraiser for TBAF will happen and not let it fall by the wayside. If you have anything to donate or add to the discussion please do. Or just start saving hee.

Clay sang OTWOL on the AI compilation album

Kim and Ruben both happened to have songs on the album that they wore out sang on the show

I don't have that one.

AI doesn't even make those compilation cd's anymore

*Waves* :hello: to all the newbies, de-lurking lurkers, and posters we don't see very often. Nice to "see" all of you! :welcome:

Asheville-0811074.jpg

df_gala_09-06.jpg

divayenta_012608a.jpg

gmasmile2.jpg

goofygrin.jpg

AI2-whenhewaspickednumber12.jpg

You know, I don't think I have OTWOL on my iPod. Must remedy that soon....

From the CH:

Here is a heads up from BFS at the OFC with regards to renewals:

No, I spoke with Admin on Friday, and they were planning on bumping back everyone who has a Feb 10, expiration date. Yes, a renewal announcement is imminent, but to be on the safe side, it is my understanding that accounts are going to be bumped back.

DO NOT RENEW UNTIL IT IS POSTED ON THE OFC

If you get you locked out, and you shouldn't, please email support at clayonlinesupport@sparkart.com

This post may travel.

Ok, coming out of lurking to add my 2 cents on why Clay sang On The Wings Of Love. Maybe, since it wasn't a song being judged, he decided to be different, and sing a song he liked(and possibly sang before, pre-Idol). Of course, this is just speculation on my part, and should be taken with a VERY small grain of salt.

I don't remember now where I read this, but I think I remember reading that OTWOL was to be the B side of the single to Invisible's A. After BOTW was such a success on the show, OTWOL was replaced with BOTW on the single. Does anyone else remember this?

Maybe he sang OTWOL since it was his number on the compilation CD, as were the songs that KLo and Ruben sang.

I don't remember now where I read this, but I think I remember reading that OTWOL was to be the B side of the single to Invisible's A. After BOTW was such a success on the show, OTWOL was replaced with BOTW on the single. Does anyone else remember this?

Yes...but it was originally going to be the B to TITN. Not Invisible. It was up on Amazon that way for awhile. That is the way they did it. Ruben's single was FWIW & Superstar.

Just let me add my welcome to all the newbies and lurkers...this is a great place.

Loving the walk down memory lane...I remember OTWOL possibly being on the TITN single.

Kim

Yes...but it was originally going to be the B to TITN. Not Invisible. It was up on Amazon that way for awhile. That is the way they did it. Ruben's single was FWIW & Superstar.

You're absolutely right. If I had just pictured the cover in my mind when posting that, I would have caught the song error. Oops! Yikes, now that was a dumb mistake!! I've even got at least a couple of those little beauties!!! Should have consulted one. DUH.

AAIT you are exactly correct. Clay sang OTWOL on the compilation CD and performed it on the night of the final three in a medley.

I could not find a copy of TITN in my area for weeks after the show ended, and when I found one lone copy the cover listed OTWOL on the b side. Since buying one copy of a cd seemed the norm at the time, it was not what I thought it should be so didn't buy it and waited until one with BOTW was available. I should have bought it though because it is probably a collectible now.

I'm about to turn the Grammys off. I enjoyed U2 and Coldplay - Kid Rock, not so much. :kotz0: I'll have to catch Sir Paul on youtube. BTW, doesn't it seem like Paul McCartney at the Grammys is like Jack Nickelson at the Oscars? Everybody onstage is name-checking Paul, and he gets lots of camera time.

I'm about to turn the Grammys off. I enjoyed U2 and Coldplay - Kid Rock, not so much. :kotz0: I'll have to catch Sir Paul on youtube. BTW, doesn't it seem like Paul McCartney at the Grammys is like Jack Nickelson at the Oscars? Everybody onstage is name-checking Paul, and he gets lots of camera time.

I'm not an awards show person but am working on my Grammy project for work -- so I listened/watched the telecast earlier today of all the awards that won't be handed out tonight. I'm done for the day. :cryingwlaughter: Will get tonight's winner off E! hee. Carrie looked FABULOUS at the earlier telecast. It was nice that she was there to accept her awards..I guess a lot of people just skip it since it's not televised. If you're interested you can watch it on Grammy.com..I think it will be available on demand for the next month. Not much singing..just at the beginning and midway through. It lasted about 3 1/2 hours and they gave out the other 80 awards hee.

bottle...yep...I suffered through Kid Rock....and then through Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus...(Holy crap. Why are we supposed to think these two girls can sing?)...And just watched Jennifer Hudson make it through her song. Not my favorite song of hers but she looks amazing (unfortunately, grief is probably the main reason she's slimmed down)...and she held it together until the very last line. When they showed the audience, Nicole Kidman was starting to lose it, I think.

And Carrie Underwood? You know, I've always liked Carrie. I think she can sing the schiznitz out of a song...but the one she sang tonight sounded so much like so many other songs...it's as if each performer is trying to out SHOUT the previous one and have the loudest band....

:italianflick:

Oh...and I gotta tell ya...I'm at a professional conference (as an attendee this time) and one of the presenters showed up on stage, wearing a yellow bowtie and matching silk handkerchief in his suit pocket.

:cryingwlaughter:

ETA: Oh god. Now...the freakin' JONAS Brothers trying to share the stage with Stevie WOnder? :blink:

I need to go to bed. Oy...

And isn't about time for a new FCA pin?

Got my vote, too!

During the angst of Clay coming out, I happened across this board, and found the funny, positive people on this board VERY refreshing. Thanks for being who you are.

I so agree, whatavoice! It's always a breath of fresh air here. Thanks from me, too!

ETA: Oh god. Now...the freakin' JONAS Brothers trying to share the stage with Stevie WOnder?

Just saw that too. I.am.getting.old. That was just not right.

bottleI suffered through Kid Rock....and then through Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus...(Holy crap. Why are we supposed to think these two girls can sing?)

:yeahthat:

I was working in the other room & thought, surely they don't really sound THAT bad, do they?? When I walked out to the living room, I got my answer: YES!!

I guess I am getting old, but the Jonas Brothers, Taylor Swift, and Mylee Cyrus, and I include now Katy Perry all suck. None of these people can sing live!

Can they even sing... you know, not live?

ETA: Y'all aren't old. Well, I don't know, but I don't think so. I can't stand contemporary music myself... Maybe I'm old at heart? Mature. :D

Heh. I kinda liked the Jonas Brothers. Stevie seemed to have a good time with them too.

Miley and Taylor? Meh.

U2 and Coldplay were still the best things of the night, for me. Both acts rocked.

And people think Clay would fit in on a show like this? Not IMO....

where the hell are you muski..it's not on here yet.

I get my fill of Miley Cyrus thanks to the kids. She's one of the few I can stand. And I guess my neice is old enough to realize auntie lied when I said I couldn't get Radio Disney in my car. She ain't buying it anymore. :cryingwlaughter:

Actually LdyJ.I think Clay very well could fit in...I'd love to see him singing some songs with other artist who can sing. Any genre any time..except rap, hip hop, ok rock hee but he could rock it (meaning to raise the roof with his voice hee) with some soul artists and pop acts ..no doubt.