#48: He is...therefore I fan.

Couch Tomato

New Thread Title Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What say ye - what's our new thread title?

• I don't ever have a day so gloomy that Clay's smile doesn't make me happy
    • At the end of the day, who cares? Clay is hot. He?d be hotter naked. ?nuff said
    • Ladies and gentleman, the 49th president of the United States and American Idol runner-up, Clay Aiken!
    • FrstlgrglooMmflsgoolce! :heart: scruffy Clay!
    • The Clay Aiken fandom....it's just fun!
    • I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

I apologize if you guys have already seen this. I didn't see it.

This is the music PSA Clay did. To read the full transcript - It is here.

http://www.claynewsnetwork.com/

Actually, that was discovered in August of last year (I just checked the news archives here at FCA). I think they've added a few new people to their list of celebrities, that may be why it's showing up again.

But it's still good to give the original MENC site hits, IMO.

In the famous words of the intelligent chick Canfly

I am not a Claymate

however I never said I wasn't crazy :)

I just read this nastiest letter over on the OFC at least it felt so to me. I never think people expressing their opinions is a bad thing. I mean if someone says their favorite Clay cd is this and I say mine is a different one who cares really. But telling someone they need to go into a hospital for treatment & therapy is just wrong.

tribeca... I love Canfly's quote... :hahaha: Also, that person writing the letter is just stupid... we don't know what kind of procedure Clay had or what kind of treatment he is getting, so how in the world can anyone tell him what he should do about it... geesh! Even if he had told us every detail, let his doctors tell him what to do. Double geesh!

I'm going to the Gem & Mineral Show after work tonight... I think I may start making some jewelry again. I haven't for a long time and I have beads just yelling at me from their container.

:hahaha: I ran over to the OFC FAST to reup, but didn't even look to see what picture they were using on the cup... :hahaha:

merrieeee... I don't drink coffee either, but I use the travel mugs for tea once in a while. Even in the house. The insulation keeps the tea hot for so much longer than it being just in a cup.

I apologize if you guys have already seen this. I didn't see it.

This is the music PSA Clay did. To read the full transcript - It is here.

http://www.claynewsnetwork.com/

Actually, that was discovered in August of last year (I just checked the news archives here at FCA). I think they've added a few new people to their list of celebrities, that may be why it's showing up again.

But it's still good to give the original MENC site hits, IMO.

yeah, I agree- The original MENC site link is at CANN if anyone wants to go read the whole thing. It's great.

Luckiest1, looks like we're alone in the room....dum da dum dum....I'm thrilled with that mug too...can't WAIT for the six months it'll take to get here! :hahaha: I thought it was smart, though, NOT to do things that required sizing like they have been doing. Maybe that'll help the shipping times.

Last couple of years I've had to threaten through the BBB to get my package.

I renewed last night after work. I love the mug but I don't know about that card though, don't think I would wear it. I wonder what the surprise will be.

Luckiest1, looks like we're alone in the room....dum da dum dum....I'm thrilled with that mug too...can't WAIT for the six months it'll take to get here! :hahaha: I thought it was smart, though, NOT to do things that required sizing like they have been doing. Maybe that'll help the shipping times.

Last couple of years I've had to threaten through the BBB to get my package.

I renewed last night after work. I love the mug but I don't know about that card though, don't think I would wear it. I wonder what the surprise will be.

My guess is an "autograph" on the other side (mechanically reproduced) but could definitely be wrong. :)

PS He DID say he was bored......maybe NOT mechanically reproduced? :hahaha:

merrieeee... I don't drink coffee either, but I use the travel mugs for tea once in a while. Even in the house. The insulation keeps the tea hot for so much longer than it being just in a cup

Oh no I don't drink tea (I know turn in my British citizenship). In fact I don't drink anything hot except for a very rare drink of something called Ribena. It is a blackcurrant juice drink. Yum!

Come to think of it I don't drink anything cold either. Just room temperature........I know I'm weird.

merrieeee... I don't drink coffee either, but I use the travel mugs for tea once in a while. Even in the house. The insulation keeps the tea hot for so much longer than it being just in a cup

Oh no I don't drink tea (I know turn in my British citizenship). In fact I don't drink anything hot except for a very rare drink of something called Ribena. It is a blackcurrant juice drink. Yum!

Come to think of it I don't drink anything cold either. Just room temperature........I know I'm weird.

My mother was British and didn't drink tea much either.

My mother was British and didn't drink tea much either.

My hubby's British, doesn't drink tea unless he's sick, likes his coffee black and hot, but likes his cold beverages room temperature too. I also have tasted Ribena and it IS yummy!

hehe people said that they shouldnt offer what they cant deliver, and now people are upset that they didnt offer anything..I have to admit that its gone from bizarre to mildly entertaining..anyone wanna take bets at how many at the OFC who said they werent rejoining actually dont rejoin?

anywhoo..I reupped..in fact I think I accidently did it twice :( im not the brightest bulb..

cant wait for my travel mug and my lanyard with my surprise :)

I get the train home today..cant wait, got a job interview with a family that needs a caregiver on Monday :)

I get the train home today..cant wait, got a job interview with a family that needs a caregiver on Monday :)

Awww I'm sorry we didn't get the opportunity to meet. I hope you finallygot all of your timecards and money.

Cindilu - :hahaha:

I'll use the best buy pack and get my blogs. Makes me happy.

I love coffee..the way it smells and the way it tastes but only drink about one cup a month and I would never pay Starbucks money for the pleasure. I drink some sort of tea every day..hot and cold.

My mug will be filled with water; I don't drink coffee and usually only hot tea when I am sick...come summer though I can use it for my iced-tea.

Kim

I renewed. Hard to believe it took them an extra month to come up with that though. *scratches head* Surely Clique is the most useless company on the planet. It's also a little weird to see photos from 2004 being used for their new merchandise. *scratches head harder* I do like the new font. :-) Wonder if Clay renewed yet. Took him a while last time, lol. I'll admit to being a little disappointed (though no longer surprised) that there was no word from Clay about it. A little 'come on, folks - I'm looking forward to seeing you all again' would go a long way.

I guess it's a case of being careful what you wish for. My minimum requirement for renewing was that they not make promises they aren't going to deliver. Surely even they can live up to this. It's (almost) literally the least they can do.:hahaha:

Ah well - a new day. I'm going to make a New Fanclub Year's resolution not to read the message board there (except for Clay's posts). I have no doubt that the people who live there only to bitch and complain will remain members. Where else can you buy a year's worth of entertainment (for it really must get them off to have such a captive audience) for $30?

I don't renew until July so I hope there are some lanyards and mugs left by then.

Fortunately the bitchers and complainers at OFC really are the minority and it is possible to skim past their inflammatory posts.

I don't find myself visiting that board very often but will still fork over the money just so I can rush over there when I read those magic words. "He blogged"

I can't seem to stay caught up here lately. All my things from NC finally arrived yesterday so i spent the afternoon and evening unpacking. I think I am about a third done. LOL I did renew my OFC membership last night, never a doubt in my mind and I can't wait for that mug! I don't drink coffee either (blech) but I love tea so it will be put to good use.

I have a meeting this afternoon about a job at the company where I used to work three years ago. I was there for 8 years and loved my boss there so I really hope it works out. **crosses fingers**

I have TMJ too and I have done a ton of research about it. TMJ manifests in many different ways and consequently there are a number of different treatments, procedures and surgeries for it. I'm thinking its unlikely Clay had the joint replacement. I know people who have had that and you are down for at least 3-6 months with that (if not longer) and I don't see how he could participate in a Board meeting so soon after that. Its major surgery and really painful with a long recovery. You also have visible scaring along the jawline. I hope for his sake he did not have to go that route and needed something more minor like flushing or realigning the joint sockets. Most treatments for TMJ are as painful as is the condition itself and are intended to repair function not to treat pain, although often repairing the function does reduce the pain. I have opted to deal with the TMJ rather than go thru the recommended surgery as there is no guarantee it would help my pain anyway. But its a personal choice because as I said there are many forms of TMJ and some you cannot just deal with without being in constant agony and for those treatment eventually becomes the only option. I hope Clay feels better soon! (((Clay)))

I am not ready to rule out tours or M&G's just because it was taken off the OFC perks. I think this way he can still do them as something nice for the fans if he so chooses but is not obligated to. I personally would rather have M&G's when Clay wants to do them not because he feels has to do them. JMO as someone who has never had one. lol And no way I am giving up on concerts! JUST NO!!!

I have faith in Clay and I believe with all my heart that he has good things in store and just needs time to make it happen. I am very excited to see what is next!

I guess he got tired of reading what he didn't do, wasn't offered, not as promised......etc. etc. etc. (said in the best Yul Brunner accent of course) that he figured he won't offer anything other than the basics.

I wouldn't blame him if that was true. Here b**ch about this! And you know they will. Yep they'll re-up and continue to complain cos it's fun for them.

You know I really hope that isn't true. Because there are really good people there who just asked for certain things to make the fanclub a better place & none of it really had anything to do with Clay. I read a lot of good ideas from fans to improve the site & it make some things more userfriedly.

:cryingwlaughter: Good catch, FromClaygary!

Good God, is it 5:00 yet? Figures, it was up to 8C yesterday, but now that the weekend is here, it's dropping down to -17C. Brrrrrrrrr. Looking forward to seeing all the Ontario area fans at the cluncheon on Sunday! I'm sure clack will keep us warm.