#48: He is...therefore I fan.

Couch Tomato

New Thread Title Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What say ye - what's our new thread title?

• I don't ever have a day so gloomy that Clay's smile doesn't make me happy
    • At the end of the day, who cares? Clay is hot. He?d be hotter naked. ?nuff said
    • Ladies and gentleman, the 49th president of the United States and American Idol runner-up, Clay Aiken!
    • FrstlgrglooMmflsgoolce! :heart: scruffy Clay!
    • The Clay Aiken fandom....it's just fun!
    • I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

I ordered two cds. I was planning to anyway but this announcement gave me a little boost. So now I'm a member with a cup and will be the proud owner of clay's latest cd. I might order more to give away. I really like the songs Clay selected too.

Fortunately an exclient called and asked if I was interested in working for them just a day a week or so. My retirement fund is looking mighty puny lately so I told him I'd consider it. If it works out, this will be the first time since I was in college that I wouldn't be in public accounting.

My screen name is pretty obvious. About seven years ago I fell into some deep water and couldn't get out. I started hyperventilating and haven't been in the water since. It was also one of the reasons we sold our water front lot instead of building on it.

Should I be flattered or scared, considering it's the ofc...

??? j/k

I asked a friend of mine who use to belong becasue I had 5 comments (not as popular as you) and she said it was comments I left on other people's profiles/blogs. I don't remember commenting that many times.

Scarlet I have been trying to live by you motto of not bringing stuff from other boards. Failed last night so I am giving it a try again.

And if that was my CD

I would have ISY on there!! I will tell ya million times I love that song!!!

Should I be flattered or scared, considering it's the ofc...

??? j/k

I asked a friend of mine who use to belong becasue I had 5 comments (not as popular as you) and she said it was comments I left on other people's profiles/blogs. I don't remember commenting that many times.

Scarlet I have been trying to live by you motto of not bringing stuff from other boards. Failed last night so I am giving it a try again.

And if that was my CD

I would have ISY on there!! I will tell a million times I love that song!!!

Yes, I'm just kidding! :P

And please don't feel bad -- the "failed last night" sounds too down. :thbighug-1: I just post a reminder now and then so we'll all remember (yes, I need it too and lots of times I'm just reminding myself out loud!) that there's a whole world of great things to enjoy and talk about instead of dwelling on what was said/written by some nasty pond scum who can't get out of the rut they put themselves into. Maybe when we die, we'll get an accurate count of how many minutes we spent reading what stupid people wrote instead of relaxing with our pets/friends/family but until then... they'll always be in the conversation; I'm not deluding myself that they will one day get ignored completely but who knows, maybe someday! (and then where will they be since it's this hair-pulling and hand-wringing that they crave and live for)

Thanks Scarlett

Tonight I took the little girl I use to nanny for to the Jonas brothers concert/3D movie. My ears are still hurting a bit because of all those preteen/teen girls screaming. (yes at the movie lol). Riley (9years old) looked at me the first time the all screamed and said "if this keeps up I may have to get my money back" She likes Nick to go bowling with that's all. Anyway, we did end up staying through the whole movie. It was done really well and their concert was really good (I don't know 1 song from them). There was a part where Joe Jonas was shown wearing a bow tie a bunch of girls screamed & Riley said "he looks like a dork" Then the one she likes sang a song. I told her he sounds so heartbroken. Riley said "that's all because of Miley she broke his heart it's too personal to get into" lol. Sometimes that girl cracks me up!!

I see that Clay and Reed have been replaced by The Best Of Clay Aiken cover art.

It says Clay picked the songs on it.

Clay Aiken’s favorite songs to be released through the Playlist Series

02/27/09 0 Comments

Mark your calendars… March 31st, 2009 Clay will release his perfect playlist through Legacy Recordings.

WHAT MAKES A PERFECT PLAYLIST?

The hits, the life-changing songs, the out-of-print tracks and of course the fan favorites everyone loves. You get the best of the best, including his No. 1 single “This Is The Night,” the Top 5 “Solitaire” and others handpicked by Clay from his 4 albums.

Enjoy the sound of the beautifully re-mastered songs on this CD, unlike the compromised sound of an MP3 file. You will also love the fact that the package is environmentally-friendly (no plastic, 100% recycled paperboard).

Go to www.legacyrecordings.com/playlist about the Playlist series. Also available on www.Amazon.com.

I really wish that ISY had been included on this CD. It's my mostest favourite! :cry4:

The more I think about it, it kinda makes sense that Clay helped pick out these songs. Some of the songs are obvious choices: Invisible, BOTW, MOAM, Solitaire. For some inexplicable reason, he seems to really like HYCA. I have a feeling that SAU must be one of Reed's favs, seeing he had it on his myspace. He always liked The Way. He seemed to push for OMWH and I guess it's supposed to sum up his journey. TRM would be an obvious choice. Dude loves him some Christmas so guess he couldn't help but stick a Christmas song on it. I'm surprised he didn't pick Emmanuel though.

OTWOL is a strange choice but maybe because it was his first ever song released from Idol? I thought that he was sick of singing ATD?

The song list is a love it/hate it thing for me. I love Ashes, BOTW, MOAM, Solitaire and TRM.

SAU bores me to tears and I hit the fwd button everytime Clay tells me to stop the music. :hahaha:

I cannot stand HYCA. *ducks before Cindilu2 smacks me*.

I can't sleep so I'm flipping TV channels this morning and I end up on a Asian talk show, kind of like Jerry Springer lite! Well the girl dumps the guy and then I hear........."We can solve any problems". It's Clay! I'm looking around the house to see where the music is coming from and it was the show! Nice surprise.

Good Morning Everyone,

8 Days until Daylight Saving Time! :yahoo:

20 Days until The First Day of Spring!

:yahoo:

31 Days until Playlist: The Very Best of Clay Aiken is available! :yahoo:

39 Days until Judge Aiken is holding Court on ANTM!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Ooops -- I guess the limit was for 500 characters.... slinks away....

But really? 500? Are they that limited in space nowadays?

Nothing to see here... just some early morning drama on posting comments at the OFC

ETA: (yes I can't let it go) Just 500 bytes?!!! For a comment on his blog? What's that all about? One good picture file can be anywhere from 1 million to 7 million of those. I realize that I am commenting on another board but... Who's allocating space over there, Ebenezer Scrooge?

For some inexplicable reason, he seems to really like HYCA.

Maybe it's the low "go"s? :wub:

I like the track list, too. I am happy that OTWOL is included, I have always loved that song. I will miss Without You, though....kind of surprised it wasn't included. And of course Right Here Waiting! :imgtongue: But I like the idea that unsuspecting people may pick this up and be inspired to go and find out what other music he has available. Personally, I can't imagine not having ever heard Everything I Don't Need. Or Lonely No More. Or Perfect Day or Shine or Lover All Alone or Sacrificial Love. You get the idea, there really is not a song he has recorded that I don't love on some level. So many great tracks to discover!

YAY, it's the weekend, and the sun is shining.......even if it is -14C. :lilredani:

Is canfly standing up yet? 'Cause HYCA is my mostest favorite from ATDW (actually, one of my mostest favorites from Clay, PERIOD). She'd better watch it, because I might hit her too... I love that song for the low "go" but I also love it because that is the one that they changed up the most (well, tied with BW) from the original. When I played ATDW for my husband, that was the song that perked his ears up -- thought it an inspired arrangement. And I will never forget Clay walking on stage during the intro to that song. Truly lovely, IMO.

I'm pretty happy with the song choices, although there's some I would have left off, and some I would have included. But you can't have everything, right?

Off to my Mom's today. Have a great day, y'all!

I'll smack you if you want, canfly, smack.gif but once again - Scarlett and cindilu2? Not the same person. I do enjoy Here You Come Again though.

:hahaha:

Very glad to see the CD acknowledged ohfishully! Except for the bit about him choosing the songs (how cool!) the rest of it is pretty much verbatim from the Amazon description of the CD. Of the track list, The Real Me is my most favorite. I never count This Is The Night when asked about Clay favs, because that song is in a league of its own for me. The best song he's ever sung? Not hardly. But it was his first 'real' record and will always be special.

Missing from the list for me? Run To Me.

I love HYCA.

Also love Broken Wings, the poetry adds a beautiful layer.

Heh, why inclusion matters - this is (IMO) is a perfect example:

Disabled kids show host draws criticism

The host is a woman who was born without one of her hands.

They have received complaints, and also it looks like someone has been checking chat rooms.

In one chat room, a father lamented that Burnell being on the show forced him to have conversations with his child about disabilities.

Oh, the horror!!!!!!! To have to explain something to a child instead of waiting until that child gets his opinions and feelings shaped by strangers, like other people's kids at school!

And one of the comments on the page -

Do any of you who think this is so "unbelievable" actually have kids? It's very hard, as a parent, to have every social issue jammed down the throat of your kids before they even hit first grade. Kids need a certain level of emotion maturity and understanding to be able to MAKE SENSE of the things they see. Otherwise they can't categorize it properly in their minds.

Most parents are perfectly happy to deal with any situation but you want to do it when you know they are ready, NOT when the media and the politicians tell you to.

Oh, how DARE a person with a disability appear as just part of life! They should only take jobs where they are hidden away, so as not to offend! Accepting disabilities is a social issue? WTF????? And to force a parent to actually have to shape a child's opinion!

Hope Clay ends up with a great name for TBAF- and I honestly had never ever thought that an issue for inclusion would be that parents wanted to shield their children from other children with disabilities, so they wouldn't have to talk about it.

I love HYCA.
Also love Broken Wings, the poetry adds a beautiful layer.

Heh, why inclusion matters - this is (IMO) is a perfect example:

The host is a woman who was born without one of her hands.

They have received complaints, and also it looks like someone has been checking chat rooms.

In one chat room, a father lamented that Burnell being on the show forced him to have conversations with his child about disabilities.

Oh, the horror!!!!!!! To have to explain something to a child instead of waiting until that child gets his opinions and feelings shaped by strangers, like other people's kids at school!And one of the comments on the page -

Do any of you who think this is so "unbelievable" actually have kids? It's very hard, as a parent, to have every social issue jammed down the throat of your kids before they even hit first grade. Kids need a certain level of emotion maturity and understanding to be able to MAKE SENSE of the things they see. Otherwise they can't categorize it properly in their minds.

Most parents are perfectly happy to deal with any situation but you want to do it when you know they are ready, NOT when the media and the politicians tell you to.

Oh, how DARE a person with a disability appear as just part of life! They should only take jobs where they are hidden away, so as not to offend! Accepting disabilities is a social issue? WTF????? And to force a parent to actually have to shape a child's opinion!

Hope Clay ends up with a great name for TBAF- and I honestly had never ever thought that an issue for inclusion would be that parents wanted to shield their children from other children with disabilities, so they wouldn't have to talk about it.

That father is a complete idiot. Every parent needs to be ready for all the "difficult" questions raised by children WHEN they raise them, and for opportunities to answer or address important issues as they arise, just as it did with this situation of a person with a disability, although I don't much like that word. The answers don't have to be detailed, simply age-appropriate. This father doesn't seem to realize the real world doesn't operate on his schedule. These days, extremely young kids are seeing things on TV and/or in their immediate environment that is way beyond their grasp, but that's the world they live in now, and they have to be prepared for it, just as they are sooo prepared for the level of technology that was unheard of just 20 years ago. Of course you can't really compare social issues to technological advancement but the point is that you can't raise a child of the 3rd millenium the same way as a child of 20th century.

I love HYCA. Clay gave it special mention in something I saw, can't remember what but I felt he loved the song. I always loved Dolly Parton's version but I now prefer Clay's.

:BlowKiss:

I just re-upped. I decided to let mine expire first. Had no problems except it says my package is "backordered" ... *sniff*

---

I'll be ordering the CD. Probably closer to when it's released.

---

Loving my iMac! :wub:

---

We had another frikkin "snow event" last year. *sigh* I'm so sick of winter.

---

I'm going to have to do the facebook thing I think. My baseball board group is sorta shifting over there.

We're already 3 games into Spring Training! :clap:

And I now also have the MLB Network! Squeeeee! Harold Reynolds! I don't ever have to watch Eastcoast Sports Promotion Network's Baseball Tonight and that doofus Kruk ever again! That makes me happy :) Yeah. It don't take much. :hahaha:

I really love HYCA (also smacks canfly, mostly for the "old broad who has the hots for Clay Aiken" remark!), but from MOAM, like cindilu, I would have included RTM and my very favouritest of all, Perfect Day. From OMWH, it would have been EIDN or SAU...(talk about opposite ends of the romance spectrum though!) All in all, I'll take his choices, they are pretty much a cross section of his career, musically, and I know a lot of people are happy that "Ashes" is on it.

Loving my iMac! :wub:

I am looking at the new iMacs....... I have the eMac now. ..... which iMac do you have....... and do you have Leopard?? It looks to be quite different.

I have the 20 inch, 2.6/2GB w/chrome finish. I have Mac OS X Version 10.5.6. It's my first Mac so I'm not sure if that's Leopard or not. From the website it looks like it. My daughter purchased one last year and she loves hers too. I knew I was a goner the minute I walked into the Apple Store. Hee.

Although I was really very happy with my Dell, I'm just so over Windows.

eta James Ingram, I Don't Have the Heart just came up on my party shuffle... :)

Tonight I took the little girl I use to nanny for to the Jonas brothers concert/3D movie. My ears are still hurting a bit because of all those preteen/teen girls screaming. (yes at the movie lol). Riley (9years old) looked at me the first time the all screamed and said "if this keeps up I may have to get my money back" She likes Nick to go bowling with that's all. Anyway, we did end up staying through the whole movie. It was done really well and their concert was really good (I don't know 1 song from them). There was a part where Joe Jonas was shown wearing a bow tie a bunch of girls screamed & Riley said "he looks like a dork" Then the one she likes sang a song. I told her he sounds so heartbroken. Riley said "that's all because of Miley she broke his heart it's too personal to get into" lol. Sometimes that girl cracks me up!!

When I heard about that movie, I thought it was just the COOLest concept!....and yes, I hope Clay DOES get some ideas! :cryingwlaughter: I've often thought we could do that with one of goldarngirl's/luckiest1's productions, for a neat Clayfan outing. The movie theatres will rent one of their smaller screens for events. But it would be fabulous if it were something Clay would do.

Ooops -- I guess the limit was for 500 characters.... slinks away....

But really? 500? Are they that limited in space nowadays?

Nothing to see here... just some early morning drama on posting comments at the OFC

ETA: (yes I can't let it go) Just 500 bytes?!!! For a comment on his blog? What's that all about? One good picture file can be anywhere from 1 million to 7 million of those. I realize that I am commenting on another board but... Who's allocating space over there, Ebenezer Scrooge?

I KNOOOOOOWWWWW....doesn't that just drive you nuts?? I know I'm long winded, but geez.....

Jamar, how was the learning curve? I've been contemplating....

Track Listings

1. Ashes

2. A Thousand Days

3. The Way

4. Bridge Over Troubled Water

5. On My Way Here

6. This Is The Night

7. Solitaire

8. Here You Come Again

9. Measure Of A Man

10. The Real Me

11. Something About Us

12. Invisible

13. On The Wings of Love

14. Mary, Did You Know

OH had to see the track list up close and personal. None of my top 5 songs are on the cd but that's ok - it doesn't have Mandy. :cryingwlaughter: My favorite song from MoaM was Perfect Day and it has the distinction of being the only song he's ever recorded that I don't have a concert version that I like better - well if it has a concert version. Second favorirte is I Survived You (but it's the concert version of the song that I love. From ATWD - I guess I'll never hear my favorite live, Broken Wings. Other favorite from the album is Lover All Alone. Then from ONWH - still obsessed with As Long as We're Here (so loved when they broked out into that at the last show although I took me a second for that to sink in. And the song that ultimately moved into spot number 2 is Where I Draw the Line.

eta James Ingram, I Don't Have the Heart just came up on my party shuffle... :)

And I now also have the MLB Network! Squeeeee! Harold Reynolds! I don't ever have to watch Eastcoast Sports Promotion Network's Baseball Tonight and that doofus Kruk ever again! That makes me happy :) Yeah. It don't take much. :hahaha:

James Ingram is on a party shuffle? You have your own drummer don't you :cryingwlaughter: LOL about being so over windows. And you know I'm feeling you on ESPN - geeze if the Yankees or Boston Redsox disbanded I do think they would go under. And even worse they are star driven. If Kobe or Lebron shoots 2 for 21 and lost the game they will show only those two shots made over anything else.

So, just had a vist from luckiestdaughter.........she made it back from her Florida roadtrip ok, albeit burnt and tired. ;) She stopped in NC and picked up some BiLo peanut butter cookies for us. :wub:FromClaygary, I also have your HD t-shirt, and will bring it tomorrow, along with goldarngirl's calendars.

And now, for the first time I can remember, I am off to the grocery store and am actually looking forward to it! God bless FoodTV.

OH had to see the track list up close and personal. None of my top 5 songs are on the cd but that's ok - it doesn't have Mandy. :cryingwlaughter: My favorite song from MoaM was Perfect Day and it has the distinction of being the only song he's ever recorded that I don't have a concert version that I like better - well if it has a concert version. Second favorirte is I Survived You (but it's the concert version of the song that I love. From ATWD - I guess I'll never hear my favorite live, Broken Wings. Other favorite from the album is Lover All Alone. Then from ONWH - still obsessed with As Long as We're Here (so loved when they broked out into that at the last show although I took me a second for that to sink in. And the song that ultimately moved into spot number 2 is Where I Draw the Line.

Oooh, oooh, are we doing top 5 Clay songs? Hee, well I wanna. This changes daily, however. Today, it's Right Here Waiting, Everything I Don't Need.......oh crap. I can't limit it to 5 after all. :hahaha: Sacrificial Love, As Long As We're Here, The Real Me, Without You, Lonely No More, Shine, Perfect Day, Invisible, Forget I Ever Knew You and If You Don't Know Me By Now.

How many was that? :o

Jamar, how was the learning curve? I've been contemplating....

Well...I have worked on earlier versions of MAC's before... (WTH heck happened to Window Shades?) ...so it's not too bad.

So far the worst part is the close/minimize/open commands are on the right side of the window instead of the left and the cut/copy/paste using the command key instead of the control key. I'm also still learning just where to find things when I accidently remove them from my dock. Hee. I had to download some plugins to get the mlb stream to work but the mlb site spelled that out for me pretty well.

OTOH my ipod acts like it's come back to it's home planet or something. Sheesh. I don't think it's ever charged that long. :)

Eeeeeeeeeeehhhh!!! Thanks luckiest1, see you there!

Heee...I bet you guys didn't know I was a biker-mama, did you?? :hahaha:

No, seriously.

My son is a biker. And his birthday is the end of this month. And he collects H-D Tshirts from all over the place. :lol:

Thanks, Jamar.....would undoubtedly be worse for me, as I've never used a Mac at all. I just like the virus-free issue and the graphics capabilities.

I was curious.