#48: He is...therefore I fan.

Couch Tomato

New Thread Title Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What say ye - what's our new thread title?

• I don't ever have a day so gloomy that Clay's smile doesn't make me happy
    • At the end of the day, who cares? Clay is hot. He?d be hotter naked. ?nuff said
    • Ladies and gentleman, the 49th president of the United States and American Idol runner-up, Clay Aiken!
    • FrstlgrglooMmflsgoolce! :heart: scruffy Clay!
    • The Clay Aiken fandom....it's just fun!
    • I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

My co-worker is going to NYC with some buddies at the end of the month, and he asked me about show recommendations. Obviously, I can't send him to Spamalot any more. What have you all seen (that is still playing) that would be guy-friendly? Has anyone seen "In the Heights"? Couchie, didn't you see "The 39 Steps"?

I'd love to send him to WICKED and have him report back on the tall, bendy, Flying Monkey dude in the ensemble, but I don't quite know how to broach that subject... :cryingwlaughter:

flyingmonkey-1.jpg

I saw The 39 Steps in London and it was great. A guy would really like it. A fast moving mystery and 4 very talented actors who play all the roles.

Is Gypsy still playing? Patti Lupone is well PATTI LUPONE!

My co-worker is going to NYC with some buddies at the end of the month, and he asked me about show recommendations. Obviously, I can't send him to Spamalot any more. What have you all seen (that is still playing) that would be guy-friendly? Has anyone seen "In the Heights"? Couchie, didn't you see "The 39 Steps"?

I'd love to send him to WICKED and have him report back on the tall, bendy, Flying Monkey dude in the ensemble, but I don't quite know how to broach that subject... :cryingwlaughter:

flyingmonkey-1.jpg

I think Avenue Q is still playing. I know it's muppets but it's adult humor - bawdy - and I know some men who went to it and loved it... of course, it has a message so it depends if they like that kind of stuff... I enjoyed it but then my sense of humor is often times odd at best. ;)

May I bow down to all the parents. I knew what I was doing by not having any. I'm picking up the kids every day so my sister doesn't have to pay for the aftercare. They are driving me NUTS. And my new sofa got christened already. I hope the cleaning instructions are accurate. Geeze.

The one thing I've learned over the past few years is that people are going to enjoy Clay in different ways and the way I celebrate my fandom has changed over time. I think that's why as time goes on there are so many splinter groups. I think that's a good thing. Long gone are the days when we all wanted relatively the same thing.

Bottle, the little bit I got of "in the heights" at the bonnet thingie made me want to see it but somehow never managed to get over there.

OMG...you know this conference I go to every year? It's in Atlanta now, but has been in New Orleans amd Houston and Charlotte...

Well, guess where it's going to be NEXT year?

:o

OMG...

:music::dancemexicannana:

CANCUN! :manynanas:

I have to lose mucho pound-ohs! :cryingwlaughter:

During the SRHP or DCAT in Philadelphia, there was a separator low wall between the first 5,0r 6or 10 rows and the rest of the facility. Clay walked around it at least twice. Since we had 2nd row seats we had to turn 360 o to watch him sing. Some people reached up for him but poor Jerome was right there running around the place. :cryingwlaughter:

That's right! I forgot all about that one! So imagine that on a much larger scale... it was really cool. I mean we were 22 rows back - not bad seats at all but at various points, we felt like we were in the second/third row because the guys were so close! It was way cool and made the experience all that much more fun!

that was fabulous!! I was in the first row behind that catwalk when he walked around it. Wooooooooo Hooooooooo!!!

I was there, too, with good seats that became amazing seats for the period of time Clay was walking on that divider that wasn't meant to be a catwalk. What a treat that was! The whole concert was just great. After all, Clay became a man that night.

Not yet caught up except for this page and I want to pop over to the fund-raiser thread for a while, but just wanted to check in and say I'm back from the quilting weekend *waves to liney and FromClaygary* I did work on a project and will be posting about it. Thanks for the well wishes!

I remember the camera nazis cha cha. One was sitting a seat away from playbiller. I didn't take my camera out but I did act as a shield for Tangerine, I believe it was as she was sitting on one side of me and playbiller was on the other side of me. I kept leaning forward during the concert.

Ah memories! Thanks for bringing up that night, Fear. That was LonelyNoMore44. Tangerinee ws supposed to sit with us but because of the Clack police on 2 angles (one on your and left and another behind me, she stayed at her seat on the other side of the venue. I still have some of LonelyNoMore44's clack to render from that night (soon). Fun times!

May I bow down to all the parents. I knew what I was doing by not having any. I'm picking up the kids every day so my sister doesn't have to pay for the aftercare. They are driving me NUTS. And my new sofa got christened already. I hope the cleaning instructions are accurate. Geeze.

Hee, couchie. At least they didn't set fire to it! My DS did that to my couch one time, lol!

Hee, couchie. At least they didn't set fire to it! My DS did that to my couch one time, lol!

Have they taken the scissors to it yet? Check the back.

Please do show us your quilting project when you get a chance, Scarlett! And I'd agree - spilling is better than fire! :hysterical:

I bought Playdough valentines for work this evening! I was looking for candy, but saw this bag of pink, red & white mini-Playdough's with valentine's stickers and I couldn't resist! I figure it could be a good stress reliever. And calorie free!!

Between school & work, I am wiiiiiiped out tonight. A little mindless net surfing & then off to bed early. *yaaaawn*

I hope Clay is enjoying his time off. I can't believe little Parker is 6 months old already! I bet he's cuter than CUTE! :dadrocks:

Home, home at last! Long drive today....thank goodness for nice weather.

This is a video made by a group that is pro gay marriage in California. It's a plea not to divorce all the married gay couples. I had tears in my eyes by the end of it. It's very nicely done.

Please don't divorce us

Thanks for posting that! It IS very nicely done.

And I had to laugh at someone's post at CH that said something like, "Just once I want Justin Timberlake to be introduced as 'the former Mousekateer'..

EXACTLYY!! :hysterical:

During the SRHP or DCAT in Philadelphia, there was a separator low wall between the first 5,0r 6or 10 rows and the rest of the facility. Clay walked around it at least twice. Since we had 2nd row seats we had to turn 360 o to watch him sing. Some people reached up for him but poor Jerome was right there running around the place. :cryingwlaughter:

ETA Thanks FromClayGary, I got the booklet today. I really appreciate it.

Thank you!! I was trying to describe that to goldarngirl the other day, and couldn't remember what venue it was! I was thinking Syracuse, but that didn't seem right. It completely freaked me out seeing him do that....and jump between the sections. Eeeeeeekkkk!!!

That was just an awesome show....but the people AT the venue...not so much! That was the venue where they called the police on those of us waiting for the busline....then when the police came, all dressed up for a riot, which apparently was what had been described to them~they did a WTF??? and left...after calling the venue's security manager a few choice names. :lol:

The SM was so rude to Jerome I couldn't believe it.

We actually placed a written complaint to the venue.

Ahhh, good times! :hysterical:

Please do show us your quilting project when you get a chance, Scarlett! And I'd agree - spilling is better than fire! :hysterical:

Sweet dreams, annabear! Yes I will and while spilling is indeed better, it was interesting to finally know how it feels to use the fire extinguisher.

He's just doing in public what many artists do more privately and that is find his place in music. Getting out there on AI when all he'd done is wedding songs and Home Town Connection was great, but it just means he's discovering himself sonically (I like that word) as he goes.

liney, although I THINK I've thought this all alone, I know this is the first time somebody's put it in words in a simple and thorough way that just.makes.sense! :cocktail:

I agree with muskifest, very well put liney. I think that was what I was trying to get at the other day when I asked what people thought were Clay's musical influences Like duckyvee wrote, Clay just seems to like to sing And I think that's certainly true but as he has been engaged in the music business and exposed to different kinds of music and musicians, i think he is defining himself sonicallly. (I like that word too). I remember a print interview somewhere when he last did a GMA concert At that time he purportedly was working on a album of originals that eventually turned into ATDW. I got the impression from what he said that he was happy to sing pretty much any of the songs presented to him but that Jaymes cautioned him from just jumping at any song. I think he has grown since then and is committed to singing songs that are meaningful to him but also that he sounds good singing.

And I had to laugh at someone's post at CH that said something like, "Just once I want Justin Timberlake to be introduced as 'the former Mousekateer'..

:huh:

This reminds me awhile back when people were talking about clay's possible future political aspirations. I wrote "I can see it now 'Ladies and gentleman, the 49th president of the United States and American Idol runner-up, Clay Aiken!"

About New York, I saw Avenue Q and loved it. Not your mother's puppet show Another suggestion is the Blue Man Group. New York is one of the places they have a specially equipped theatre which is sort of interactive with the audience. I saw them in Chicago several years ago...an absolutely terrific show.

Ah memories of the Mann stop of the SRHP tour. I just loved the whole puberty diologue, and the burp, followed by deep-voiced Clay saying "Now, I'm a man."

merrieeee... your DH is going to be gone for Valentine's Day??? Man, he owes you big time. Buy GOOD Champagne for that partay you're going to throw and I just might come from wet, southern California. :cryingwlaughter:

Six months is such a cute age. Almost sitting up by themselves, but leaning... :cryingwlaughter: Holding on to things upright, but the legs folding after a bit. C.U.T.E. My gramma's heart wants a picture of Parker. Wonder if he's using that fugly lovely ottoman to practice standing on??? :cryingwlaughter:

'Ladies and gentleman, the 49th president of the United States and American Idol runner-up, Clay Aiken!"

bwah thread title?

Scarlett.. no fires..I guess I should be relieved. Thank god for chocolate brown furniture...and the cleaning instructions still attached to the bottom of the cushion.

ahh Liney..that's a nice picture you painted. I'm glad Clay's been able to keep him under wraps ... no matter how much I want monthly reports :cryingwlaughter:

OK my DH is not going to be home this weekend sooooo it's partay time at my place! Anyone want to come on over?

:pickme:

But wait! I'm flying home from Atlanta TOMORROW! That's not the weekend, is it? Crap. That means no stopover in Houston.

Crap.

Well, hell. Have a :juul: for me! :me0:

That's right! I forgot all about that one! So imagine that on a much larger scale... it was really cool. I mean we were 22 rows back - not bad seats at all but at various points, we felt like we were in the second/third row because the guys were so close! It was way cool and made the experience all that much more fun!

that was fabulous!! I was in the first row behind that catwalk when he walked around it. Wooooooooo Hooooooooo!!!

I was there, too, with good seats that became amazing seats for the period of time Clay was walking on that divider that wasn't meant to be a catwalk. What a treat that was! The whole concert was just great. After all, Clay became a man that night.

Re: bolded part - I'm pretty sure it was only 2 or 3 rows, because I think we were in the 3rd or 4th row. :)

[six months is such a cute age. Almost sitting up by themselves, but leaning... :cryingwlaughter: Holding on to things upright, but the legs folding after a bit. C.U.T.E. My gramma's heart wants a picture of Parker. Wonder if he's using that fugly lovely ottoman to practice standing on??? :cryingwlaughter:

ahh Liney..that's a nice picture you painted. I'm glad Clay's been able to keep him under wraps ... no matter how much I want monthly reports :cryingwlaughter:

Despite the requests for pictures of Parker, I doubt we will see any, especially if it provokes an argument. I've already seen some discussion whether Clay spends enough time with him. As if anyone knows where Clay is at all times. :bigemo_harabe_net-24: From Clay's comments in interviews, he realizes how fast Parker will grow up and that this is an important time in his life.

If you have email addresses for friends and relatives living in Australia, please could you forward this message to them:

THANK YOU :openflower3:

What Coles is doing to support:

To help lend a hand, every Coles store in Australia will donate this Friday's profits to the Victorian Bushfire Appeal, in partnership with

Coles is donating all profits from business this Friday 13th February to the Bushfire Appeal.

If you shop at Coles Supermarket, please try to do it this Friday. Hopefully, it will be crowded but that will be a small inconvenience for those of us who still have a roof over our heads and our loved-ones around.

Please forward this message to family and friends in Australia.

Good Morning Everyone,

26 Days until Daylight Savings Time!

:yahoo:

38 Days until The First Day of Spring!

:yahoo:

57 Days until Judge Aiken is holding Court on ANTM! :yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Re: bolded part - I'm pretty sure it was only 2 or 3 rows, because I think we were in the 3rd or 4th row. :)

Yes, it was the ledge that separated the pit from the rest of the audience, so there were only 3 or 4 rows. The amazing part was that he was just stepping over the aisle gaps and those were so wide -- I would have needed to take a running leap.

ETA: I just checked the vaults and I can't see any clack from LonelyNoMore44 and me from this show. That's not right; I know we had some.