#48: He is...therefore I fan.

Couch Tomato

New Thread Title Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What say ye - what's our new thread title?

• I don't ever have a day so gloomy that Clay's smile doesn't make me happy
    • At the end of the day, who cares? Clay is hot. He?d be hotter naked. ?nuff said
    • Ladies and gentleman, the 49th president of the United States and American Idol runner-up, Clay Aiken!
    • FrstlgrglooMmflsgoolce! :heart: scruffy Clay!
    • The Clay Aiken fandom....it's just fun!
    • I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

Clayzy you watch more clack than me...you just discovered some dude name Jacob? hee

Pretty calander.

So I went to a computer class today.... took my laptop of course and you know..you just kinda forget about little things like background, screen savers, and home pages. BWAH. Good thing I don't care. Clay and Parker are adorable..yes one of the people pictures is still my background and it's gonna stay there until I see a new picture of Parker or he's 18 - which ever comes first :cryingwlaughter:

Mmm... that new CD cover certainly is all the rage! I love your calendars, cindilu2! They give me such a fabulous excuse to have Clay on my desktop. Why do you have a picture of him? Because he's PURDY and it's USEFUL!

Ugh... I'm trying to convince my mother to let me whack my hair off short (and spiky, hee hee hee) but now she's trolling the internet for "square face" hairstyles and most of the info is that square-faced folk (like me, apparently) need to have long hair. Blegh. I don't like having long hair, gets in my way.

Shit. I'm gonna be seeing both Claymatron and Cindilu2 tomorrow at Goldarngirl's place. Better wear padding.

:hahaha:

Be nice or I'll cough on you. :evillaugh:

Have a great time you all, tomorrow. Wish I could join you.

For those of you who enjoy the music of Leonard Cohen you can download from NPR a podcast of part of his concert at the Beacon Theatre...12 songs.

Leonard Cohen, Live from the Beacon Theatre

It's not easy to look at those calendars without smiling. Thanks very much, cindilu2!!! :clap: and :BlowKiss:

(this proves we're not the same!)

Have a great time at goldarngirl's tomorrow!!!

For those of you who enjoy the music of Leonard Cohen you can download from NPR a podcast of part of his concert at the Beacon Theatre...12 songs.

Lotus, thank you so much! I love Leonard Cohen even more now, I'll never forget what he did for Australia. It always seems to take a tragedy to show up a person's true colors, it's sad fact of life.

OK, does anyone have any recommendations for a good, traditional version of OCOCE? I love Clay's version, but it's the only version I've ever really heard (comes from despising radio and Christmas radio programming...) so I was looking for a nice, traditional OCOCE. I have Enya's version, but it's either non-traditional or v. v. traditional as it sounds like there's Gaelic in it. :shrug:

Thanks for putting up with more random pleas for help from me! :laugh2:

OK, does anyone have any recommendations for a good, traditional version of OCOCE? I love Clay's version, but it's the only version I've ever really heard (comes from despising radio and Christmas radio programming...) so I was looking for a nice, traditional OCOCE. I have Enya's version, but it's either non-traditional or v. v. traditional as it sounds like there's Gaelic in it. :shrug:

Traditional OCOCE

Ugh... I'm trying to convince my mother to let me whack my hair off short (and spiky, hee hee hee) but now she's trolling the internet for "square face" hairstyles and most of the info is that square-faced folk (like me, apparently) need to have long hair. Blegh. I don't like having long hair, gets in my way.

Eeeep. I never believed in telling my kids how to wear their hair. Pick your battles and all that stuff, ya know? Hair is an expression of individuality. Heh, maybe I'm just a bad parent. :P

Love the new calendar! EEEEEEEEEEE, it's March! New CD month! Almost spring! Things are looking up. :cryingwlaughter:

Good Morning Everyone,

7 Days until Daylight Saving Time!:yahoo:

19 Days until The First Day of Spring!

:yahoo:

30 Days until Playlist: The Very Best of Clay Aiken is available!:yahoo:

38 Days until Judge Aiken is holding Court on ANTM!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a good day!

Kim

I was sure I had a biggie version of that cd cover photo - but nope. (Unless somebody out there does?) I won't even explain what I did to get that cover in a bigger version. :hahaha: Here is the result if anybody would like it.

post-496-1235916814_thumb.jpg

post-496-1235917453_thumb.jpg

He is definitely CUTE!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Scarlett... get Northern Lights by Nora Roberts. It's in paperback now. It's a great mystery like only Nora Roberts can tell it and I love it when I am completely surprised by who done it at the end of the book. Plus, she gives you a great look at real life in a medium-sized town in Alaska. Birthright is another of her best books. I have read both of them mulitple times.

I'm not sure why, but I have two copies of Birthright. If someone will pm me their address, I will mail you my second copy.

Thanks to my allergic reaction to chocolate at 3am Saturday and not eating anything yesterday because of it, I have now reached the 50 lb less than when I started on the scales. :clap: I'm going to wait to celebrate, tho, until it says the same tomorrow, since eating and drinking normally today may change that. :cryingwlaughter: Still it was nice to see this morning!!!

A different love story

This is a love story about tolerance and determination - the amazing story of two people with cerebral palsy that fought the odds to make the life they wanted.

Cerebral palsy is a painful physical condition that
leaves the brain intact
but cripples speech and muscles

Another reason for inclusion rather than segregation. Worth watching, very inspiring. I wish Clay could watch this, I am sure he'd love it.

Watch the video here:

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunday-night/video/-/watch/12266004/

clayzycoffin: go here, you can try different hairstyles on a picture of yourself..it actually looks rather realistic lol Try a hairstyle I went there before I realized I would be to angry with myself if I cut my hair..it grows so slowly and it took me years to get it where it is..

Im home now, went and saw "he's just not that into you last night" it was cute.

Traditional OCOCE

Squeee! When did he do that? I almost like that better than his typical version! Thanks, Scarlett!

liney23 and *checks* luckiest1--that's what I keep saying! (About the hair.)

ETA:Oy, didn't see that at first! Thanks, smittenwithclay for showing me that website! I've been looking around for a place that does that, but the only sites I found were pretty expensive.

EATA: I'm all excited because it snowed about 1 1/2--2 inches today. That's the first time it has snowed (aside from some flurries) at my home for about 3-4 years and the most since I was single digits. (I'm 18 now, :D) I'm trying to figure out how to post some pictures... Pics, hopefully

Eeeep. I never believed in telling my kids how to wear their hair. Pick your battles and all that stuff, ya know? Hair is an expression of individuality. Heh, maybe I'm just a bad parent. :P

Bad parent, nope, not at all... on what I bolded: in the big picture of trying to get our kid(s) off on the right track, I find hair to be minor and something not to get one's panties in a twist about... I even paid for my son to get his hair dyed with blond tips once... :shrug:

And it does grow back. :shrug:

EXACTLY!!!

Happy Sunday all... off to the grocery store - my most favoritest thing to do in the whole wide word... I know, LLPOF!!! :imgtongue:

And clayzy honey, you can have all the snow!!! I'm so over it for this winter!!!

Snow's gone! Already melted. Good thing I went out and got some pictures while it was here. That's the thing about the South, we might get snow once in a blue moon, but it's gone in a few hours. Of course, we end up getting ice instead, usually.

Wow, what a great story claytonic. I love how they lead such typical and happy lives. Many years ago I was involved in helping raise money for the cerebral palsy group in our town in NJ. The head of our group was married to a Wall Street attorney who had cerebral palsy. They had two kids and were quite well off. We also volunteered several hours a week to help a three year old with cerebral palsy to crawl and then to walk. We would sign up in groups of two to move his arms and legs as if he were crawling. It was quite rewarding to see him crawl and eventually walk. My kids were two and three at the time and they would come with me. I think it was an important part of how they became so compassionate and understanding for those with special needs.

I agree that Clay would enjoy seeing that video.

ETA: Where do you live clazy? I live in NC and we are expecting 6 to 8 inches tonight. :Ahh:

Alabama. So, is there a difference between the South and the Deep South? Hmmm. I'm a bad Southerner, really, since my parents are both from up north. I'm like a Northerner in Southerner skin and waffle between the two.

I've got to catch up here! :ilovemypc:

Made a March calendar with The Very Best of cover. Retro Clay is v. v. purdy!

Regular Screen

Wide Screen

Regular w/o dates

Widescreen w/o dates

Verra verra CUTE ~ thank you! :clap:

And now for cute of a different kind....

DSC01041.jpg

DSC01043.jpg

DSC01035.jpg

DSC01031.jpg

annabear - What a sweet little baboo! Hope your baby has a little Kong toy too. We found it was a great way to get our puppy through the night (filled with peanut butter) to distract her until she fell asleep - it cut down on a lot of crying.

I have had the craziest computer weekend. Lots of problems ever since I downloaded Windows updates, so I'm using Firefox as my browser right now. IE just won't launch and it looks like I'm going to have to drag my hard drive across the city next weekend for my techie godson to fix. Usually he can walk me through problems over the phone, but not this time. :(

That Croshal interview is fascinating. I feel so excited for what the future holds for Clay. This is so hopeful. I'll post the link again in case someone missed it.Croshal interview about new marketing for cds

Squeee! When did he do that? I almost like that better than his typical version! Thanks, Scarlett!

<snip>

EATA: I'm all excited because it snowed about 1 1/2--2 inches today. That's the first time it has snowed (aside from some flurries) at my home for about 3-4 years and the most since I was single digits. (I'm 18 now, :D) I'm trying to figure out how to post some pictures... Pics, hopefully

It's from one of the HCC Christmas shows. 1998, I think. I prefer the new Emmanuel though I keep this to play once in a while.

You got a lot of snow! I liked this picture. What sort of plant is it?

n1111880084_318450_5046920.jpg

Treppie and gnocchi are so huggable!!! *waves to annabear* :puppykiss:

Thanks very much for the book recommendations, liney and FromClaygary!!! (and djs yesterday)