#49: I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

Thread Title  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I still don't have money I just go anyway!
    • I'm hooked .... like a fish.
    • I think there's always going to be something big coming when it comes to Clay.
    • Not only did he take his life back he took the power from them.
    • He is large and in charge and I love it!
    • He puts a happy face on my heart!

Oh Clazy you should have been with us on the 9 hour trip from Atlanta to Pensacola! 5 crazy Clay fans, heading from one Clay concert to another, reading about Clay, talking about Clay, listening to Clay, lusting after Clay and that was only the first 30 minutes.

Wait a sec..... the first 30 minutes you two weren't even there! Solo and I were just merrily cruising along and THEN after 30 minutes, I get this frantic call, and (miracle of miracles) I actually answer the phone right then (rotfl! if the same thing were to happen today, would you actually call me or one of the others? :hahaha: ) ...You're on the line telling me that KAndre has lost her purse and therefore can't get on her flight but you do have your purse AND your concert ticket, so what do you do? :cryingwlaughter:

clayzy, just realize that there COULD be some crazy people out there who would be willing to pick you up, even if they live 15 hours away from you, and drag you to a concert 15 hours away from you. Bring you back in less than 24 hours too. Just sayin'. *g*

Seriously, one of the things I love about this fandom is the crazy things I've done over the years to help other fans get to see Clay. Sleeping with people I don't know, things like that. Love it.

Always look on the bright side of life..heee

Just saw a commercial for Spamalot..it hits SF May 22... John O'Hurley is who they are advertising. I knew him first as a soap opera star and he is a good actor - or at least he was. Guess he's the king..

I love TAR this season, I like Luke and his mom a lot...actually there are a lot of them I like this season.

I love them too!! I also love Mel and Mike (the father and son). Really the only person I dislike is that moron Victor.

And I will watch DWTS as long as Derek Hough is dancing on it – I lurves him verra verra much.

It’s my experience that scarlett never answers her phone. <g>

clayzy, just realize that there COULD be some crazy people out there who would be willing to pick you up, even if they live 15 hours away from you, and drag you to a concert 15 hours away from you. Bring you back in less than 24 hours too. Just sayin'. *g*

Seriously, one of the things I love about this fandom is the crazy things I've done over the years to help other fans get to see Clay. Sleeping with people I don't know, things like that. Love it.

That might have to be where I draw the line... :cryingwlaughter:

And I'm psyched to learn that one of the perks to being a Claymate/fan is that you can defy the laws of time! When do I acquire this new ability?

God we need some Clay news...I'm going stir crazy here!

Join facebook and Demand Clay Aiken in the Woodlands!!!

HEY!!! Demand Clay in TORONTO......Massey Hall needs them some Claaaaaaaaaaayyy!!!

:hahaha:

And I'm psyched to learn that one of the perks to being a Claymate/fan is that you can defy the laws of time! When do I acquire this new ability?

So... :whistling-1: you've never driven with Kandre or Scarlett then?

Nah. Just ask couchie, she's slept with practically everyone here at FCA at least once. She's still alive too.

Just do it once. You'll find out how much it is to "sleep" with a Clay fan. Notice I put "sleep" in quotes, because in so many experiences I've had, sleep is hardly done. It's mostly staying up all night squeeing and eeeeing about Clay!

It's a Star Trek thing.

It's my, uh, NJU? friends that I'd have a hard time rounding up and convincing to go with me. *hunts for a nice lasso* A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, ya know?

If I had to pick between dragging some NJU's and jumping in a car/van/some type of vehicle with a bunch of Clay fans, I know what I'd choose every time! It's a totally different experience. :cryingwlaughter:

I guess I shouldn't mention the time I rented a car though I was sort of blind at the time? Kandre had her purse stolen so she couldn't rent anything sooooo when we got outside the airport she drove cos I really couldn't see! I'm glad we didn't get stopped by the cops that time! Well there was the time we did get stopped by a Texas State trooper at 2 in the morning......yeah we looked dangerous! Lets see that tour we drove from Houston to Dallas, Dallas to Houston, Houston to Tulsa and Tulsa to Houston. And no we weren't stalking Clay why do you ask?

Good times indeed!

Hee I'm still a virgin when it comes to sleeping with couchie!

I like how merrieeee didn't any mention that she couldn't see until ooh what was it? Six months ago? I had no idea why I was driving, especially without a license - but hell, I haven't got a ticket in decades - lots of cops though. And Solo loves driving the eHP everywhere - the highlight of her life!

Man, I actually had to leave work today at 10 am - some evil person has given me a disease! My nose is stopped up, my throat hurts, and I'm running a fever of 99.7 (after taking some damn aspirin - and considering my normal temp runs around 96.5 - I am famous in the eHP for my appropriate temperature, no matter the weather. Ask PerusingOn.)

I feel like complete and total crap. However, Clay is singing to me and I'm vaguely happy.

<snippage>

My daughter just joined Facebook and she sent me an invitation, so it looks like I may have to join. I need to find that article on Tips on your information on Facebook, or something like that, that someone posted last thread first tho. I should go see if it is in the Facebook thread, huh.

I hardly watch tv at all. I read a lot. I do watch The Biggest Loser and DWTS and So You Think You Can Dance. Other than that, I am a football fan and for 6 months of the year I watch lots of football. The other 6 months I wait for football to start again. :cryingwlaughter:

I, too, think Clay will tour this year. I think he has to get better and he has to figure out a way to do it that actually makes him some money and lets him not be too long without Parker. He can multi-task and do the planning while he is recuperating. :whistling-1:

Hear, hear! College or NFL?

clayz... NFL, tho I watched some of the last rounds of college this year.

Has anyone here had any experience doing a "mirror" type backup of their hard drive to an external? Any advice?

jmh... my co-worker told me to do it, but I haven't. He loves it. That's all I got, sorry.

I have not slept with Couchie either, but I hope to spa with her when she comes this way in a few weeks. Does that count???

Neat story... I babysat for my middle DD so she and DH could go out to dinner with DD's BFF since age 3 and her new boy friend. So, they come home after dinner to have some more wine/conversation/wine. SIL asks if my BAF bag is DGD's cause they have one just like mine (guess how they got it). DD makes a comment about it being my Clay bag, not DGD's and the new guy pipes up and ask's, "Clay Aiken"? I said yes and he says (get this), "Oh, he has a new album coming out soon, doesn't he?" Well, I am so shocked and pleasantly surprised (not used to getting comments without verbal abuse from most of my family when Clay's name is mentioned), that I forget to ask how he knew that. Dang! Obviously a man of refined taste. :cryingwlaughter: Sure wish I'd remembered to ask how he knew that!

KAndre... saw.wee about your cold that some evil-not HP gave you! People should keep their germs to themselves and not infect other oh so innocent bystanders... so there!

Let's start a Facebook thread if anyone wants to share names or maybe it's just better by pm. I do have several friends from this board through mutual friends and causes. :yess:
I joined Facebook awhile back through a flying friend but honestly I don't need Facebook to be letting high school friends find me because frankly the ones I care about, I know where they are....sooooooooooooooooo...really the main use for it would be for Clay friends. I have a couple of Clay friends who have made their screen names be their Facebook names...and I'd kind of like to do that...BUT I have the problem of needing a first name and last name or first name, middle name, last name. I doubt that it will let me be canfly 172. I can try and see if it will take 172 as a last name, but I doubt it. Not sure what else to put. Anybody searching canfly would have it pull up if I had it for my first name, likely? IDK. can fly wouldn't be good cuz anybody searching canfly would pull nadda. I could do CF Canfly maybe? :shrug:

Ooooooh, no, not PBS please!! Because I don't think we get your PBS here.....and I wanna see him in the Real!! LIVE!! FLESH!!!...and gallivant all over the country with my buds.
:yeahthat: I'm all for gallavanting all over the country for in the FLESH!!! :hubbahubba:

Luckiest1 I love TAR too. Don't really know who I'm pulling for this year; originally it was the mother/son but the guy is beginning to come off lik a bit of a spoiled brat to me now....so I think I'm kind of leaning toward the father/son. :shrug: It's early days yet. Loved the bits of Romania last night....and that glider flight in...Switzerland was it? What an experience!

I'd love to be a contestant on an "old folks" TAR! :cryingwlaughter:

What the heck is TAR?

:shrug:

I wouldn't mind doing the facebook. I'm planning on doing it because that CANN site said that it would help Clay to have more friends. I just haven't gotten around to it yet since I'm extremely computer illiterate. Canfly just recently showed me how to do Photobucket and Myspace. Spring break is coming so I may set it up then.
Don't let her kid ya. She's just a lazyass!

Right now I'm working on mid-terms and trying to fight some nasty stomach flu that seems like it is never going to go away. I hate being sick so I'm extremely cranky right now.
Ditto...cept with me it was stress due to assignments for a workshop & Report Cards and 90% of my class sick, so was surrounded by bugs and stress and fatigue zapping my immune system, which led to a cold bug & case of the crankies.

And I also think that Clay will tour for us this year. I think he's probably looking forward to it as much as we are. Hopefully I'll get to meet up with you guys for some of them. Now that I've driven to NYC by myself, I'm feeling much braver. Maybe I'll even try a plane the next time, although I may need sedatives to get me through it.
Clay got me out and travelling solo and meeting people and driving around with and sleeping with strangers (see below, lol).

I love TAR this season, I like Luke and his mom a lot...actually there are a lot of them I like this season.
TAR again? What's TAR dingdangit?

I am slowly joining. I have joined myspace, but only use it to read a couple blogs (as in Clay's). I THINK I had to sign up for facebook to access something. And I just joined Twitter, but I have no clue how to find the Clay fan group. Does twitter have groups? Jesus. It's just too confusing for my meager brain.

I may need a sedative to get on a plane again, after the recent rash of crashes. *yikes*

Yay for a Facebook thread! View new posts is my friend! :lilredani:

Disasters come in 3s. There have been 3 crashes.

You are safe.

Not sure what "view new posts" on Facebook is.

The crash due to icing on the flight from Newark into Buffalo freaked me out because of how much flying back and forth between Buffalo and NYC that I did over the course of Spam 1 and Spam 2. I was a little freaked coming back from NYC into Buffalo the last time Jan 4th night because we were coming through major snow and I was sitting out looking at some crap on the wings and as the flaps came down and we started our decent, it started getting really rough and I just didn't like the weather conditions cuz I know how snow can turn to freezing rain in cloud. Me no likey. Normally, I'm checking the aviation weather on my laptop when it's iffy cuz I can read that crap but I didn't have it out that trip...so was "flying blind" so to speak. I was coming into Buffalo that night at about...yup 10:00pm, so yeah...that crash freaked me out some. I've vowed a) avoid turboprop planes and B) to check the weather and if I don't like it, I'm staying on the ground cuz while we may all have a damned good idea of where the pilots screwed up that night and hopefully all will be more diligent in the future, ya never know. I have nothing against turbo props. Hell, I fly around with only one little fan out front turning around, but then I don't fly through icing conditions. Period. Endstop. I have friends who are pilots, who tried flying commercial for companies and ya know...they check the weather and then...they GO...through crap, they aren't necessarily comfortable with. Sorry. Pilot rant. Buffalo crash shouldn't have happened.

:rant:

I love Facebook but I don't know many people's real name on here so if you want to be friends, please send me your name! Love the new thread Fear started!
I wouldn't have had a clue who ya were, if you hadn't have said, "it's me cha cha t"...cuz I don't approve unless I know the person...or kinda...know who they are, lol.

Reality shows?? Oh GAWD - I watch too many of them.

Such as........ tonight THE BACHELOR is chosing his bride.

Tonight Jason, who is a really cute guy from Seattle with a 4 yr old son, gets bombarded with emotions...... (see preview) because DeAnna, the girl who took him all the way to the top 2 on the Bachelorette last year, makes a surprise appearance because "she made a mistake."

They are billing it as "the most emotional finale yet." (of course they always say that!)

But I'll be right there watching!!! I can't wait to see what happens.

Well, that didn't go down how I expected, lol. I'd have given him a good smack upside the head.

Thanks for the pictures. I can never get over how Clay can look so different in different pictures. Of course he always looks completely gorgeous. Most celebrities always look the same in their pictures. I can not figure out how Clay can manage so many different looks and I am not just talking about the hair style or hair color. The facial features, even though they are the same, manage to look different to me. Beautiful man!

He's a chameleon that's for sure.

I love those photo collages! I asked a while back but never did find out - does anybody remember the site people were using to make them?
There's one lady on my one claytionery group who makes a ton of them and some look like hers. I'll ask.

ETA: nevermind, I guess?

Don't know about the defying time part but I know all about the dragging/being "dragged" to concerts way too far away and sleeping with people I don't know, lol. We are truly insane...but extremely trustworthy, lol.

God we need some Clay news...I'm going stir crazy here!

Join facebook and Demand Clay Aiken in the Woodlands!!!

HEY!!! Demand Clay in TORONTO......Massey Hall needs them some Claaaaaaaaaaayyy!!!

:hahaha:

:yeahthat:

Has anyone here had any experience doing a "mirror" type backup of their hard drive to an external? Any advice?
I had a "professhunul" do it for me. Worked well.

It's my, uh, NJU? friends that I'd have a hard time rounding up and convincing to go with me. *hunts for a nice lasso* A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, ya know?

If I had to pick between dragging some NJU's and jumping in a car/van/some type of vehicle with a bunch of Clay fans, I know what I'd choose every time! It's a totally different experience. :cryingwlaughter:

We're "speshul", lol.

copy & hope I didn't mess up the quotes...

canfly, TAR = "The Amazing Race."

Which, BTW, we have a thread for. It's here! We've kind of got our seasons all jumbled together, but if you go to the last page...I usually get on the boards while I'm watching to kind of "chat," but no one else seems to want to do that. Wah.

I find Facebook fascinating for all kinds of people, not just my Clay friends. Yes, I do have two high school people (out of my class of 80), but they are both cool, and I don't talk to them much at all, so I'm good with it -- because I do find their lives interesting, even after all this time. I have a bunch of my church/handbell people too, and it's good to send messages to them via that rather than email. I think what I like is that I learn so much about these people, without having to ask about them. You find out political views, TV favorites, such like that, and I find that cool.

Damn, I was going to try to quote CF but I'm still ignoring her instructions on quoting. She puts all this extra stuff in there and I get bored.

Never said I wasn't lazy, just that I'm also computer illiterate. Partly cuz I'm lazy.

Not sure what "view new posts" on Facebook is.

Uh canfly, see that picture up top of Clay on this board, not facebook? Under his picture in black letters (not green) it says My controls, View New Posts, My Assistant etc. I think that's what luckiest meant. If you are inclined to read more than the "Let's Talk About Clay" part of FCA.

Goooooood Morning Vietnam.......ooh wait let me put it this way,,,,Gooooooood Morning FCA! Yes I'm sure you can tell i've been up for hours! It's amazing how much you can get done at 4 in the AM when you can't sleep!

I really am going to be worthless later in the day though.

I was hoping for Clay news today but I have a feeling there isn't going to be any. Please prove me wrong.

Good Morning Everyone,

5 Days until Daylight Saving Time!

:yahoo:

17 Days until The First Day of Spring!

28 Days until Playlist: The Very Best of Clay Aiken is available!

36 Days until Judge Aiken is holding Court on ANTM!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

canfly, TAR = "The Amazing Race."

Which, BTW, we have a thread for. It's here! We've kind of got our seasons all jumbled together, but if you go to the last page...I usually get on the boards while I'm watching to kind of "chat," but no one else seems to want to do that. Wah.

Well, I would love to, but with my office (and computer) on the second floor and my TV in the basement family room....it ain't happenin', sorry! Although it might be good for me to do those 4 flights of stairs at top speed 4 or 5 times my body isn't up to it. :lol:

Anybody ever heard of this guy: Josh Hoge

With "360" beginning to make inroads, a sudden management shakeup at Epic resulted in Josh being released from its roster. Without a manager or agent, Josh booked his own gigs around the country and locked-in a corporate sponsor for his tour. While on tour, he recorded his Bedroom Sessions EP. Josh worked relentlessly, playing over 200 shows a year. His hard work paid off as the EP quickly moved past the 10,000 unit mark in just six months.

Just came across him in my work today.. and I find stories like this interesting these days, This guy seems to have celeb artists that work with him even without a label ...e.g. NeYo. Have to laugh at some of his bumper stickers for sale:

I spent the night with Josh Hoge and I shot whisky with Josh Hoge

Couldn't work up the interest to actually listen though... :hahaha: I bookmarked him though so maybe later...

Clay content: a blast from the past name...Ernie Halter is listed with him on some gigs and I want Clay to do 200 shows a year and I want to be rich so I can see them all and he could never do clubs because there would be dead claymates all over the place heh.

All right, I confess. For years I have dreamed about Clay doing small, and I mean tiny, venues. Interacting with an audience of 300-500, not a bad seat in the house. With low ticket prices so even I could afford it. Kinda like the galas but in a more acoustic setting. Well, it's either that or my living room. He can choose.

It's not that I don't think he should be a major star and all that, it's just that my ideal concert is not being packed into a concrete floored arena with thousands of screaming fans. I really like intimate clubs.

Good morning all. I'm still trying to figure out Twitter before I can face Facebook. This modern world is going to kill me.

All right, I confess. For years I have dreamed about Clay doing small, and I mean tiny, venues. Interacting with an audience of 300-500, not a bad seat in the house. With low ticket prices so even I could afford it. Kinda like the galas but in a more acoustic setting. Well, it's either that or my living room. He can choose.

It's not that I don't think he should be a major star and all that, it's just that my ideal concert is not being packed into a concrete floored arena with thousands of screaming fans. I really like intimate clubs.

You are me! :yeahthat: