#49: I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

Thread Title  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I still don't have money I just go anyway!
    • I'm hooked .... like a fish.
    • I think there's always going to be something big coming when it comes to Clay.
    • Not only did he take his life back he took the power from them.
    • He is large and in charge and I love it!
    • He puts a happy face on my heart!

I wonder if that was a genuine invitation from your friend's daughter, or maybe it was but there was some other issue going on. I posted this on the Facebook thread a couple of days ago: Facebook users suffer viral surge .

What happened was that Mozilla just kept shutting down. I tried to close whatever windows I had open that I thought werecausing it, but pretty much I would start Mozilla, it would ask if I wanted my previous screens - I said yes because when I am working I have lots of useful windows up.

And then if I tried to keep gmail up mozilla would crash.

I checked my friend's page and was kinda shocked to see her cell phone number and address on there - I guess I am a fuddy-duddy!

I saw some mail from the Japanese folks we worked with over there, though, so I will have to read up on security and then use facebook more.

[*sorry!*... the guy was too distracting but here it is... (and it took me 4 tries to get that) *shakes head!*

No problem. Will take yours/Aflacks and upload. I have these but they are mpg. Will let you know when they are up so you can look.

Thank you! :thankyou:

[*sorry!*... the guy was too distracting but here it is... (and it took me 4 tries to get that) *shakes head!*

No problem. Will take yours/Aflacks and upload. I have these but they are mpg. Will let you know when they are up so you can look.

Thank you! :thankyou:

I've got to go to bed right now, but will try to do it tomorrow at school. *casts sulky look at the interim computer* My laptop went into a coma and had to be sent to Texas (I think I've bitched about this before... sorree) so I'm making do with my brother's old laptop--which is 3-4 years older than mine--and it keeps freezing up if I try doing "too much" (read: anything at all) with it.

*sigh* It's been a rather dreary day (despite the nice weather) for me...

I applied for and got turned down for a job today... My class schedule stinks!

I'm trying to slowly come out to my friends so their eyeballs don't all pop out of their heads.

Pretty much all my said-friends are coupled up, which makes me feel like a total third wheel hanging out with them. :shrug: Irrational, perhaps... Not that many open gay/lesbian people where I live (although I could be, and probably am, just clueless) so it's hard not to feel slightly fish out of watery.

Oy. I don't mean to be all depressing and moaning about my life. Um...

:loveclaysbutt:

:laugh2:

I can love his butt and Angela's too!

:thbighug-1: {{{{{{{clayzycoffin}}}}}}}

I hope tomorrow turns out to be a much better day!!! Infinitely better even!!!

Thanks. I don't normally like to air out all my problems to people--although I seem to anyway. It was just sort of a conglomeration of stuff that changed my day from normal to kinda crummy and I wanted to mope for a little bit.

Well I got my flights to San Diego... hope we can work out a spa day. I'm going March 28th - May 4th. The 28th is a Saturday but it's my nephew's birthday party and unfortunately I'm leaving the following saturday around 6:30... So hopefully we can work something out. I'm free sunday and Monday - Friday but I know people work and may attend church services.

I know I am really late but I just wanted to say welcome to girlcanuck and headoverheels. Also, my Sincere Thanks and appreciation to goldarngirl an luckiest1 for the Best of COC Gala montages. I am still working on downloading but can't wait to make a DVD of these. I especially thank you so much for labeling them in order for us. I probably would have lost my mind trying to put them in the right order. lol

I see we have a few newbies. Welcome to both of you! Please, by all means, make yourself at home!

:welcome22:

Oh, Couchie, my dahlin, you'll be in San Diego on the 28th? I'll just miss you! My family and I will be going on a short cruise over Spring Break, and it leaves from San Diego. We have to leave to go back to Colorado on the 26th, though, so I won't get to see you. Sniff!

I have a rather major birthday coming up in about a week, and I'm doing my best not to have a midlife crisis. Heh. I guess it's good that I'm sooooo very busy right now - I just finished with the musical, and now have two concerts and two recitals to play for in the next week. It's keeping my mind off of the fact that I'll be half of a century old. How did that happen? I still feel so young; it doesn't seem possible!

Anyway, hubby asked what I wanted for my birthday, and I told him I wanted a cruise. We are all looking forward to it!

GDG and Luckiest - thanks so very much for the Gala clips! I'll be uploading the mp4s to my phone shortly. I'm so glad to have new clack!

Clayzy - Just remember - someday your princess will come! :-)

Well I got my flights to San Diego... hope we can work out a spa day. I'm going March 28th - May 4th. The 28th is a Saturday but it's my nephew's birthday party and unfortunately I'm leaving the following saturday around 6:30... So hopefully we can work something out. I'm free sunday and Monday - Friday but I know people work and may attend church services.

I can juggle my schedule during that time. PermaSwooned is the one with scheduling issues. Check with her and others and then just tell me when and I will be there.

I was over at Amazon and the "Best Of Clay Aiken" page led me to OMWH and to read some reviews. I was taken by a review from "someone who loved Clay on Idol" but didn't like MOAM at all -- thought it was "plastic" music -- and ignored ATDW because it was warmed over covers -- but just discovered OMWH and can't get enough of it.

And then there's me ... and I love all three. Lucky me.

ETA: Haven't watched Idol, but hearing about Simon's remark that one of the singers reminded him of Clay Aiken .... did that kid get through?

No the singer Von Smith didn't make it. He was sweet in all his interviews. For the WC show he chose to sing Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word. A bunch of Clay fans made comments on a site & made fun of his height and said other negative stuff. I felt completely embarrased by it. Know I am not suppose to be but I am.

Liney Thanks so much for looking at my pictures :)

Clay's name along with Jennifer Hudson's was also mentioned on Fox news when they were talking about the wild card show.

I can juggle my schedule during that time. PermaSwooned is the one with scheduling issues. Check with her and others and then just tell me when and I will be there.

Yeah, I need to look at my work schedule, but I know Sunday and Monday are out. TMI, but I have an endoscopy/colonoscopy on Monday and I have to do the prep on Sunday, so there's no way I'd be able to leave the house. A friend at CV just had an endoscopy and she's in a lot of pain a day later, so I'm leaning toward the end of the week...like Friday maybe???? Let me see if I'd be able to swing that, because I'd really love to do it.

Man, would I love for Clay to be touring near/in Southern Ontario in the first 2 weeks of August!!! :laola0:

Me tooooo!!!

Man, oh, man....

Oooooppps!!! for the Westerners! Penny, could you maybe spoiler for those who haven't seen it?

oh, Jeez, sorry!! I forgot about time zones!! I really am sorry if I spoiled it!! I hate being that sorta fan!! Please forgive me, guys??

Good Morning Everyone,

2 Days until Daylight Saving Time! :yahoo:

14 Days until The First Day of Spring! :yahoo:

25 Days until Playlist: The Very Best of Clay Aiken is available! :yahoo:

33 Days until Judge Aiken is holding Court on ANTM! :yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

claytonic,
if the couch isn't on fire things are still ok.
:)

...and what if the kitchen catches fire...?

claytonic
, if you had shown me those pictures when I was young, I doubt that there would have been two more men on this earth (my sons). But I have made a similar mess myself when painting a room I moved the ladder with the paint can still on it. The can of paint fell off the ladder and on my head. I was so covered with paint I was afraid to move and stood there yelling for my husband to bring me some other clothes. I threw everything I was wearing in the trash.

OUCH! Got any pics of you with a can of paint on your head?

I wonder if Tyra's ratings will inexplicably go up? How many of us watched ANTM who had never watched it before?
(me)

I tried my best to be a good Clay fan by watching ANTM but I hated every moment of it. I couldn't stand those plastic looking wannabes. I don't mind Tyra's show, at least I loved the interview Clay did (boy did she ever fancy him) on The Tyra Show but I just can't stand ANTM. I'd rather watch paint dry... on Fear's head ... :cryingwlaughter:

No "porky pies"
:lol:
here,
claytonic
! I just usually have my gmail open & minimized all day. And I just got back from lunching with the "cutest" puppy. We're starting to walk around the neighborhood, but it's slow going because he thinks every.sinlge leaf, rock, flower, blade of grass, etc. has to go in his mouth before we can walk past it...
:rolleyes:

OK, hope you have that camera ready to record that landmark event in his life, when he lifts his leg for the first time to let the world know he's a BOY!

For Leonard Cohen fans. He told Bob Dylan it took him 2 years to write Hallelujah, but that was a porky-pie because he was embarrassed to tell Dylan how long it really took!! Hallelujah - a song with a life of its own

ETA:

They have a vote at CANN and you can pick your fav 4 songs from OMWH. Interesting results so far. You have to vote by Fri pm.

HM, interesting, the FOUR I chose were in the Top 6.

EATA:

:happybirthday05: PerusingOne

Let me assure you, dear, the Viennese let neither grey hair nor stooped shoulders get in the way of making new conquests. Every day I see handsome young men helping their much older lovers into their coaches. In this worldly capital, women under thiry-five are regarded as immature. A women can't even hope to make a lasting impression on people until she's over forty.

LADY MARY WORTLEY MONTAGUE, letter to Lady Rich, 20 September 1716

They have a vote at CANN and you can pick your fav 4 songs from OMWH. Interesting results so far. You have to vote by Fri pm.

http://www.claynewsnetwork.com/2009/03/05/...mericas-winner/

The Playlist CD I think, not OMWH, unless I'm looking at the wrong poll. :) ....and not surprising at all in my world, but hey, what do I know? :)

Claylove, that's a ditto on the ordering of the COC Gala files....it makes life so much easier! I'm downloaded and have 2 DVDs burned, just have to get the third one done. Fell asleep over the second one last night :lol: ~but I'm almost ready for a Saturday night popcorn party! How sad is MY life!! :cryingwlaughter:

ETA: We have to get an acronym for the Playlist CD! PBACA?? Sounds like some kind of Star Wars alien! :cryingwlaughter:

We have a lot of Southern Ontario folks here, lol. :hello:

You going to the Toronto Cluncheon Bella? Decided I'd go.

Man, would I love for Clay to be touring near/in Southern Ontario in the first 2 weeks of August!!! :laola0:

You bet - I love catching up with my friends at the lunches! I understand there's going to be quite a few of the London ladies there this time - can't wait to see all of you! :friends:

I'd be thrilled if Clay appears anywhere near Southern Ontario this summer. I am SO ready for another road trip!

Lotus - We'll definitely have to make plans for a gathering, closer to your visit.

You bet - I love catching up with my friends at the lunches! I understand there's going to be quite a few of the London ladies there this time - can't wait to see all of you! :friends:

I'd be thrilled if Clay appears anywhere near Southern Ontario this summer. I am SO ready for another road trip!

I decided to come as well, and I believe luckiest1 is planning to also. Looking forward to seeing you there!

luckiest1

What about TVBOCA? Or BOCA for short? Hee.

Ooh, I like BOCA. It has the potential to be very useful in every day conversation.

Example:

I like Clay's BOCA.

I'd sure like to BOCA that hawt singer man.

OMG, his BOCA is bigger than I thought!

BOCA me, he's kilt me dead.

See? Versatile! It's like a wild card! LOL

What.

Oh, and headoverheels? Please read the fine print: All injuries sustained while falling head over heels at FCA are the sole responsibility of each member. No safety gear will be provided and no insurance or liability is available or implied.

Please wear proper padding if you are inclined to fall, people. :)

Also, welcome to newest newbie, myheartsings.

00lsee... :hahaha::hahaha: Love your warning label and also I, too, like BOCA for short for the new CD.

One of the perks (at least for me) working at the library is that I get to go through the boxes of donations that come...so today I am going through one and what do I find...2 Tiger Beat Monkee Spectaculars from 1968 (okay they are reprints of the originals printed in Nov, 1987); couldn't wait to get home and look at them...talk about a walk down memory lane!

So the first feature is 75 facts about the Monkees...now I am not going to post all 75 facts, but some I got a kick out of and some are tangently related to Clay...

Micky hand makes his own beads.

Peter digs English muffins!

Mike always believes in telling the truth. (sound like Clay?)

Davy often calls girls "darlin" (reminds me of another singer man)

Micky likes the feel of silk (sounds kinky!)

Mike misses fresh black-eyed peas the way they are made in the South.

Peter digs long gowns on girls

Davy orders shirts specially made in England (wonder if he likes Paul Smith)

All the Monkees love miniskirts.

Okay girls...I know you wanted to know this:

How To score with Davy: Ask his advice and praise him; especially on his marvelous taste in clothes and jewelry.

And I think I have discovered a new party game...read the magazine and take a shot everytime the word "groovy" is used...unfortunately, you probably will pass out before you get to page 3!

Kim

aikim... what fun! I got my first Tiger Beat when in high shcool and Troy Donahue was on the cover. That would have been in the late 50s... yes, I'm old! :cryingwlaughter:

Well, I hope Clay is happy. Because we haven't heard anything lately, I finally broke down and did some cleaning. Not much, but more than usual. Maybe now he'll blog. I think I deserve a reward.

justclay... I think you do, too. :clap: Wanna come clean my place????

Couchie... you guys pick a day and if at all possible, I will take that day off and be there. This would be too good to pass up.

Doing my morning rounds of the 3 boards I read and found this on CH.

muskifest

You know, sometimes it really does just write itself. In Google Alerts was a link to a site--Pegasus News.com and an article entitled: Gay List Daily’s must-do events: March 5-8, 2009

One of these must-do events was the opening of a new restaurant in Dallas. Big deal, you say? Why, yes...turns out it is! See, it seems that this particular restaurant's unique twist is having different menu items relating to celebrities. The name of the restaurant is....uh....Hung Dinger---Yes, I said HUNG Dinger---and here's one very interesting morsel to savor:

Quote:

Eating Clay Aiken: Hung Dinger Official Grand Opening

Saturday, March 7

Come out and support the newest neighborhood restaurant as Hung Dinger officially opens on Throckmorton. Featuring entrees named after singers (such as the Clay Aiken Fettuccini Alfredo—drippy, cheesy and covered in creamy sauce). But it’s the one-hour showgirl performances every Wednesday through Sunday that have our curiosity titillated.

'nuff said.... *g*

Not exactly a compliment but hey the chance of eating Clay Aiken...anyone here close enuf to Dallas to attend.