#49: I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

Thread Title  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I still don't have money I just go anyway!
    • I'm hooked .... like a fish.
    • I think there's always going to be something big coming when it comes to Clay.
    • Not only did he take his life back he took the power from them.
    • He is large and in charge and I love it!
    • He puts a happy face on my heart!

OMG What a handsome couple!!!!

I KNOW!!!! I just want to grab them and hug them!

(and feel them up a little)

I don't know if this makes any sense, but when On My Way Here came out and Clay discussed the songs on the road to *here* I wondered where *here* actually was for him. For me, a night like tonight finally defines *here* -- not to mention *now.*

He's such a freakin' hot A-Lister!

ETA: Oh, and I FLOVE this picture!!

clay_and_tyra_with_gladd_award.jpg

Goodness, how tall is Reed? He seems to be quite taller than Clay, a couple of inches it looks like. 6-3? Whoa!

:huh: I seem to be obsessed with people's heights in relation to my our boy tonight! :lol:

Did you see how cool Reed was with the fan thing... he just stood off to the side with his hands behind his back until Clay was finished. Very well mannered young man... besides being gorgeous! :cryingwlaughter:

Clayz... he did look a couple of inches taller than Clay, but it may have been camera angle, cause I thought his site said he was just one inch taller than Clay.

They are so scrumptidelious together... course I would probably think that about anyone who made Clay's heart go pitty pat. LOL

Ok, I'm going to say something I've been thinking for quite some time... I think either Clay's filling out has changed the angle his ears stick out or he had them pinned, cause they just don't stick out as much as they did when he was younger and skinnier. He just keeps getting handsomer and handsomer! S.W.O.O.N!!!

Reed's profile says he's 6'3" (his professional MySpace says 189cm, which is 6'3"), and Clay is 6'1" - so yeah, he's two inches taller. Unless they are standing side by side the camera is always going to exaggerate any difference though. They are both so handsome - together they make one effing GORGEOUS couple.

Clay is growing into his good looks - filling out, maturing - he's just a beautiful, beautiful man. I believe it's just as much about his confidence and inner glow as any actual physical difference though. He's wearing his new life beautifully.

Just watched a movie called "How to Lose Friends & Alienate People" and I was sure I recognised Hannah Waddingham playing the magazine owner's wife.

For sure!!!

Hannah Waddingham ~ How to Lose Friends & Alienate People

I am way behind but love the new banner and love the GLAAD awards thingie tonight.

Did we ever find out if Reed was there with Clay? eta: never mind.....

I can't get enough tonight.

CuteClayandTyra.jpg

Waiting_to_Present.jpg

Presenting-5.jpg

Presenting-4.jpg

Wait a minute, Clay and Reed have been together for a couple of years??? If true, in Tampa, August 2007, when he made that "put your reed in" joke following the "be proud of your instrument" moment .... he was playing way over our heads? That guy!!!

Can anyone tell me what this guy has done to me? Last night I sat at my computer refreshing like a fool just to get a glimpse of him. I had butterflies in my stomach waiting to see what he looked like! I eed and squeed with a friend while driving home. I didn't want to do anything else last night other than be with his fans. I wanted to support him. I wanted evreything to go right for him. Good grief it's been 6 years and the feelings not only haven't died theyhave become more intense.

Last night was such a significant event for him. He was finally able to have someone there to support him who was not paid to, not protecting him from stalkers but just for him. He knew he could look across the room and at last be free enough to experience that moment we all have had...the glimpse, the smile. the look and know that it didn't matter if some photographer caught the ultimate shot because there was no longer anything to hide. Go ahead take your picture, it will be just another picture..one of many.

Good Morning Everyone,

Thanks everyone who provided the clack and reports; such a fun evening! Clay's speech was great; he is so comfortable in front of the camera and even though they showed the teleprompter; it didn't appear to me that he was reading off of it.

Ugh! it is snowing here!

2 Days until Playlist: The Very Best of Clay Aiken is available!

:yahoo:

10 Days until Judge Aiken is holding court on ANTM! :yahoo:

46 Days until Clay is Rockin' 30 Rock!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Snow here too aikim -- it's really kind of pretty, although I'm thinking it will be gone by the end of the day for us.

merrieeee, there's no explaining. Just enjoy it for what it's worth.

Loved the arriving clip -- makes me schmoopie to see him with Reed and Jerome. Love the speech clip -- even though he probably didn't write it, you could feel the passion in his words (or I could anyway).

It's times like these when I just don't quite know what to say. He's an amazing man, and I love being his fan.

From getclayaiken:

Talk about dumb luck;-)

Earlier in the day hubbie said he'd go to the Marriott with me, although he didn't quite know why we were going to the Marriott. Neither did I, really, since I had no idea how the GLAAD event was being set up. I called Laughn to see if I could report into her and she could keep me apprised of any developments. I wasn't expecting much since in New York, Clay tends to dash in and out of cars. Still, hubbie and I arrived at the hotel at 4:15 to scope out the scene. The Marriott Times Square is humongous, and signs indicated the cocktail receptions were held on two separate floors, with the dinner awards show on yet another. Hubbie and I comically kept going up and down the escalators looking for the "red carpet". I imagined it would look like the Oscars, where the public could stand and watch, but it turned out to be a private room in the back of a ballroom. Several doors were still open, so hubbie and I casually walked in and stood on a 12" platform directly behind the photographers. No one asked us for tickets or badges or anything. Hubbie was dressed in New York black and blended in nicely with the photographers. We were the only non-official ones there. I told him if I were "caught" to just stay there and video! Then all doors except one were closed and the celebrities were sent in. The first half of the runway was for photo ops, and the second half for interviews with the press. Groomed and exquisitely coiffed, they all looked absolutely gorgeous and seemed very gracious. Chris Noth was particularly handsome. Fast forward: almost an hour had gone by and no Clay. Finally, the spikey hair appeared at the foot of the door. I'll let the video take over from here. (Note: Dear Hubbie was not properly briefed to focus solely on Clay. He took video of me photographing Clay, so I had to cut out a lot of footage.)

Hubbie got bored so I took over the video in one hand, with cell phone in another. That's when CV called for a cert, but I was a too technically challenged at that point. Sorry for my annoying voice during the taping:

(Part 2 to come)

All the celebrities entered a cocktail room at the end of the red carpet. Jerome was near the front but I couldn't see Clay. :lol I was more concerned with rushing my cell photos to Laughn, but my cell was not cooperating. By then hubbie had left, and wife-guilt set in so I left, too. So, I missed Clay re-appearing on the Red Carpet with Tyra. The things one must sacrifice for marital bliss.

:smooch to Laughn for all your help!!!

ETA: the video in this quote is now up at the CH and CU vaults (and probably CV as well).

I think this one needs a caption:

"Dang, that Reed is a lucky guy!

"It really isn't a fold!"

(come on, I know some of you out there can do better!)

I see Merrieee beat me; was just going to post those pictures! Love the one of Clay and Reed hugging!

Kim