#49: I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

Thread Title  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I still don't have money I just go anyway!
    • I'm hooked .... like a fish.
    • I think there's always going to be something big coming when it comes to Clay.
    • Not only did he take his life back he took the power from them.
    • He is large and in charge and I love it!
    • He puts a happy face on my heart!

And I just want say, while I think Clay's chin does look swollen, the only reason I don't like it is because it looks like it must be painful.

I certainly don't get the vibe that Clay's in pain. My first thought in seeing him in some of the recent pictures is that fixing the TMJ may have necessitated an implant of some kind in the jawline -- which is not some crazy unheard of idea but something in the toolbox of fixing TMJ pain. The bottom line for me is that Clay looks incredibly handsome now, just as he did last year and the year before, etc. I think the TMJ problems brought him pain for a long long time -- what I hope we're seeing now is not swollen, but pain free. Nevertheless, this is one of those personal Clay Aiken issues that I don't care about any further than this ....

HE'S GORGEOUS!!!

And I was seeing a hint of some young James Spader in a couple of those profiles. Not bad, IMO.

Mmm, young James Spader...

Wow, I take one freaking night off from the board, and look at all I miss! Holy schmoly, those are some gorgeous press pictures! And the hug picture is making me all schmoopy. :wub: I haven't even watched the videos yet!

Puppy is finally home. Last night we spent in Toronto, so she and my grandpuppy could "bond" (hee, not so sure about that, there was definitely some jealousy going on!) But this morning we braved the 2 hour drive home. Somehow, in less than 24 hours, this puppy has velcroed herself to my hip. She won't let me 2 feet away from her, and that included the drive home. No way was she going to sit with anyone else. So somehow, she wedged her little bum in between the drivers seat and the door, with her head on my lap, and slept the entire way. Probably not the safest way to transport a dog, but we made it safe and sound. Currently she is passed out beside me here on the couch. Earlier I tried to wash dishes......that didn't go too well. I can't even imagine how she's going to be tomorrow when I have to leave for work. Heh, hopefully she'll get used to things. Poor little thing is used to lots of doggies around to keep her company!

{{{{{ncgurrl}}}}} so sorry for your loss....

luckiest - yes, please, let us know how your puppy is doing... I have puppy envy...

I've read two other places - one with lots of happiness, one more mixed. I just don't understand the negativity. :shrug:

I'm loving all the clack from last night! And we didn't get the 5-7 inches of snow they predicted for last night (we got maybe 2) so it's ALL good for me!

luckiest1 plaease keep sharing your puppy experiences. Our 16 year old Nigel Heeler/Lab mix passed on this weekend. It is sweet to hear of new beginnings for another much loved pup.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved Nigel, ncgurrl. I had a cat that lived that long. I still think about her all the time, and she took that walk on the rainbow bridge almost 20 years ago now. I wasn't sure how you'd feel about new puppies right now--I'm glad hearing about it feels sweet. Annabear's a new mom too, of the adorable Gnocchi, and has posted some really cute photos, and luckiest will soon be posting some new photos too (right luckiest???)

Here's Gnocchi:

DSC01041.jpg

DSC01043.jpg

DSC01035.jpg

DSC01031.jpg

Ldyjocelyn, that Aiken dude is pretty darned cute too. Thanks for decorating the page!

Part of his speech last night

This award is given each year to a media professional who increases visibility and understanding of the LGBT community, folks like Glenn Close, Billy Crystal, Diane Sawyer and Phil Donahue. Knowing Tyra, I know that she probably doesn’t think she deserves a recognition like this. Her American’s Next Top Model showcases people like Miss Jay, Jay Manuel, Isis King -- or that guy on next week's show. Yes, her talk show gives air time to some of the issues that our community cares about most, like marriage equality, gay and lesbian people of faith, and transgender people, but Tyra doesn’t necessarily do these things just to make a statement. She doesn’t just address these issue for the impact. She includes, embraces and celebrates because that’s just how she is. Cause she knows it’s right. She doesn’t marginalize, she normalizes. She never sensationalizes or exploits, she just cherishes the value of every human being. Because the only thing bigger than her influence is her heart. Her deep respect for the value of all people has led her to make it part her mission to educate the mainstream public about the lives of gay and transgender people, reaching millions of young people nationwide with her message of inclusion and acceptance.

I love that he said "our community". Another family!

If I had the chance to nom on Clay, I definitely wouldn't start with the ears... ;)

*coos ridiculously at Gnocchi, especially the first and third pictures*

Aww... puppies. :wub:

luckiest1 plaease keep sharing your puppy experiences. Our 16 year old Nigel Heeler/Lab mix passed on this weekend. It is sweet to hear of new beginnings for another much loved pup.

{{{{{{ncgurrl}}}}}}

luckiest... sleep in something you don't care about, then leave it with Piper to smell you while you are at work.

There are people who are never happy with anything... period. There are other people who only feel better about themselves if they can tear someone else down to a level below them. It's sad, really.

I am soooo pleased at all the many Clay Aiken fans who are thrilled that he is where he is and who he is with and that he is happy. Don't let the complainers get you down... pity them instead!

I spent a lovely evening and day so far just being thankful for where Clay is and who he is with cause when he is happy, I am happy!

This or better for the rest of his life, is all I ask!

merrieeee... Thanks for bringing that over. Somebody expressed doubt that he wrote that speech. It sounds just like him and I think he did.

{{{ncgurrl}}} I'm sorry for your loss. I'm glad that the puppy pics are making you feel a bit better.

I'm glad people don't mind my puppy madness, cuz I just can't help it! It's pretty funny, as I'm about the least "dog" person I know! :cryingwlaughter: I guess it's coming with age.......

OK, here are a couple of shots we managed to take yesterday. Most of the rest of them are of puppy butts, LOL. Those two wouldn't stay still for a second last night! They played and yipped and argued over who got to chew on the bone (even though there were two bones, it didn't seem to matter, they always wanted the same one). And of course who got to sit on Mom/Grandma/Uncle Stu's lap. Bedtime was interesting......I managed to get Piper to sleep in her crate (after about 15 minutes of crying) and then Jersey decided that she wanted in the room and started scratching at the door, which of course woke Piper up. Argh. I think they all settled down in their designated beds about 3 am. Hopefully tonight will be a bit easier, since Jersey is staying in Toronto with luckiestdaughter this week.

Piper looks on while Jersey chews the bone, beside her mom

th_P3280095.jpg

Piper sits still for a moment

th_P3280105.jpg

I'm really glad I've been so distracted, because I haven't even managed to catch up on the clack yet, let alone peruse other boards. Not surprised to hear that there are complainers and whiners......aren't there always? You would think eventually they'd have a light bulb moment and realize, d'oh, he's never going to be who I want him to be! Might as well spend my time following someone who is. But it never seems to happen, does it. Maybe they just enjoy whining and complaining....

For myself, I am loving catching up today, reading all your squeeeeeeeeeeeeing posts and looking at all the drop dead gorgeous pictures. I'm just so, so, so proud of him. :wub:

{{{ncgurrl}}} I'm so sorry about Nigel. Sixteen years is about the last time I had a dog.

Aww, those floral puppies are adorable, spikesmom. :clap:

Piper looks so serious! She's got such an expressive face - I love it! :puppykiss: I don't know if you have PetSmart up there, luckiest, but one thing I found that really helps to settle Gnocchi is a heartbeat pillow.

My little guy just had a bath. He's not crazy about them, but he does pretty well.

DSC01107.jpg

DSC01114.jpg

spikesmom... those are adorable! :clap: Did you make them???

No, wish I did though. I found them in my e-mail today - in a feel good kind of e-mail! The timing was good though!

Interrupting all the cute puppy talk, with this from the CH. They've been working on a transcript of Clay's speech all day there:

Okay, not to be anal about this or anything, but laughn found a few tweaks and missing words in the transcript and I listened again and found a few more still, so here is (I think) the final, final transcript (unless someone can figure out what he says at the beginning of the 3rd sentence):

Very few women in media ever reach the esteemed level of single-name recognition: Madonna, Celine, Dolly, Cher -- all also gay icons. Tonight we honor with the Excellence in Media Award a woman who fits into both categories, Tyra. [inaudible] breaking down barriers from the very start of her career. She made history on the covers of some of the fashion industry's most influential magazines. Who among us didn't want to be with her or ... be her (laughter) when she graced the cover of the Sports Illustrated Edition as the very first African American in that position. Her model portfolio has been surpassed only by her extensive multi-media portfolio. Her transition from runway and print to broadcast brought some of America's favorite guilty pleasures in the form of America's Next Top Model -- which has a very good episode next week [points at self] (laughter). It's a show that she both created and executive produces, and she uses it as a platform, not only to help young women achieve their dreams, but also to reinforce the value and importance of hard work and determination in achieving success all the while celebrating outer and inner beauty.

That show is nominated tonight in the category for outstanding reality programing in large part due to Tyra’s refusal to shy away from including diverse models and judges in its cast. Her Emmy award winning talk show The Tyra Banks Show has expanded on her opportunity to speak to a large and influential audience about self-image and self-worth and countless other causes important to society.

This year that show has garnered 3 of the 5 nominations for outstanding talk show, bringing its total nominations to 7 in just 3 years. No one would expect less from a woman who has been a trailblazer from the start: model, TV host, creator, executive producer. She's one of the hardest working people in the entertainment industry and she is justly recognized for it. She was honored by the Hollywood Reporter as one of the 100 most powerful women in entertainment. Entertainment Weekly called her one of their 25 Smartest in Television, and Glamour magazine named her one 2008's Women of the Year alongside Hillary Clinton. And tonight the GLAAD Excellence in Media Award.

This award is given each year to a media professional who increases visibility and understanding of the LGBT community, folks like past recipients Glenn Close, Billy Crystal, Diane Sawyer and Phil Donahue. But knowing Tyra, I know that she probably doesn’t think she deserves a recognition like this. Sure, her American’s Next Top Model showcases folks like Miss Jay, Jay Manuel, Isis King -- or that guy on next week's show. Yes, her talk show gives air time to some of the issues that our community cares about most, like marriage equality, gay and lesbian people of faith, and transgender people, but Tyra doesn’t necessarily do these things just to make a statement. She doesn’t just address these issues for the impact they have. She includes, embraces and celebrates because that’s just how she lives. Because she knows it’s right. She doesn’t marginalize, she normalizes. She never sensationalizes or exploits, she just cherishes the value of every human being. Because the only thing bigger than her influence is her heart. Her deep respect for the value of all people has led her to make it part her mission to educate the mainstream public about the lives of gay and transgender people, reaching millions of young people nationwide with her message of inclusion and acceptance.

Oh, my. How is it that I could watch him say that speech and be OK, but when I read the transcript, I get all sniffly? Maybe it's just because the video was a little blurry, a little echoey--something.

Oh, and, *runs around e-hugging all the puppies* First all the hotness that is Mr. Aiken and now a deluge of adora-bubble puppies. Too much visual prettiness going on here!

lukiest beatuful puppy. Great name too :)

Anna your baby looks much bigger than the last picture you posted. How big is your dog going to get? Your puppy is a cutie too!!

So many cute doggies. I wish I could have a dog. Had to give my rabbit away last year :( I was allergic to her (while later found out it was a him). Gave Mandy (named after someone here's favorite song) to my niece & then my sister disvoered she is allergic to rabbits as well. Oh that poor bunny had 3 homes but is happy now with at my niece's school as the classroom pet :)

Thanks to everyone who brought the pictures, recaps and the YouTube links here last night. Only problem was everyone at work today said I looked tired. Wonder why.

com cast ranked the most powerful Idols and Clay was number 4 here is what they said

4. Clay Aiken

If anyone is a testament to the wild-card rule, it's Clay. What would "Idol" be without Clay? I mean, really? The geeky camp counselor from North Carolina went through a transformation that started when he walked into the audition room and, in some ways, hasn't really ended. Hit albums and a critically acclaimed run in "Spamalot" on Broadway could still just be the start of what will likely be a long career. -- Victor Balta,

BTW Cindi please don't take offense

but I thought Clay looked cute last night.

I made a post with the one of Tyra/Clay pictures on AI last night

& guess what the reaction was? People saying they just love Clay & they can't stop :) AND that was in General Discussion part of the board

do I win for the longest post ever?

Heh - I can't decide whether I like the pics of the puppies or of Clay better. All of the puppies are darling!

But I didn't add them to my PB like I added Clay, and more Clay, and more Clay! :hubbahubba: My, but he's looking hawt!