#49: I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

Thread Title  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I still don't have money I just go anyway!
    • I'm hooked .... like a fish.
    • I think there's always going to be something big coming when it comes to Clay.
    • Not only did he take his life back he took the power from them.
    • He is large and in charge and I love it!
    • He puts a happy face on my heart!

I hardly ever hear Clay in my side of town so when I do, it's the biggest thing for days. I remember when I heard "I Will Carry You" at a gas station. I wanted to hang around there all day!

I've been revisiting Tasapio's pictures lately, like her album from the Raleigh NAT. Glorious pics!

I agree Scarlett, Tasapio takes amazing pictures. I hope she will be at another concert and back to taking photos of Clay. I sat in back of her at the Charlotte NAT show. Despite the machines we had to pass through to detect cameras and prevent their use at the concert, she had managed to get in four cameras and proceeded to hand three of them out to various people to take pictures. That concert was one of my favorites of all time. It was the venue with the leg humping. :cryingwlaughter:

Oh, I loved that 3fer weekend! Does anyone here have a YouTube account? I'm hoping to see the clips that Aflack took on my camera at the evening Raleigh NAT, particularly Invisible and WTSHNN, (plus any others of course :) ) on YouTube. *pretty please?*

I remember the subject of Tasapio came up on another board & someone posted she was at the Pala concert & definitely was still a fan. Don't know about picture taking though. None of hers showed up after the concert that I know of. :unsure:

ETA: What ever happened to Aflack? I loved her post at the CH. She just disappeared.????

I remember the subject of Tasapio came up on another board & someone posted she was at the Pala concert & definitely was still a fan. Don't know about picture taking though. None of hers showed up after the concert that I know of. :unsure:

ETA: What ever happened to Aflack? I loved her post at the CH. She just disappeared.????

Tasapio is still a fan but has needed to be more involved with RL since after the JBT although she was at a couple of the DCAT shows. She and a few friends and I had a nice pre-concert dinner in Orlando before the final show. She was still doing what she has always done before concerts -- adjust other people's camera's for them. There are many Clackgatherers in the fandom today who will share their story of how they got started when Tasapio sat with them before a concert, setting up their cameras (and because she has several brands, she can work with most anything), generously sharing tips and techniques. Many others who are still in the fandom also are very patient and generous with their advice --- this is by no means a complete list so pls. don't feel bad if anyone's not on it, but some very helpful advisors are Kareneh, Permaswooned and toni7babe. Thanks to all you guys! :BlowKiss:

Oh, I loved that 3fer weekend! Does anyone here have a YouTube account? I'm hoping to see the clips that Aflack took on my camera at the evening Raleigh NAT, particularly Invisible and WTSHNN, (plus any others of course :) ) on YouTube. *pretty please?*

I have one if you still are looking for someone with one.

I have one if you still are looking for someone with one.

Thanks! Does YouTube take mpg's or wmv's? Should I convert to flv before sending them? (Sorry, I know I should google but I'm lazy and I'm hoping there are people here who already know and besides I have to run and make myself some supper, and run another batch of ldyj's HD Boston, so that should be enough time for a knowlegeable FCA'er to post ... :) Bueller? )

Hi, wonderful FCA !

I've been lurking so long that I feel like I know y'all. And since I don't know how to post here (yet), excuse the mess if I hopelessly muddle up the bolding, paragraph breaks, etc.

I'm Merry, but since you already have a couple of members here with variations of my name, headoverheels is how I've been over Clay for over five years now.

I saw that you have another newbie here, (hi, girlcanuck), which finally nudged me to join in. I see my favorite fanfic author is here (you're fabulous!), and I've even hugged several of you in RL, so I was happy to see your names here!

Even if I might not be able to post very often, I had to tell you what a great place this is! At the least, I wanted to thank claytonic and everyone who waved to me about a month ago when she answered my question about a glossary item and posted what I had sent her in an email. It was something like, "I'm one of those shy lurkers at FCA--been reading for quite a while, and I've always loved and appreciated FCA's generous and supportive spirit. When what I see on other boards starts to depress me (or even when I'm happy and want to celebrate, for that matter), I read here at FCA and always feel much better."

So, thanks again to claytonic, and to Couch Tomato, jamar1700, jmh123, and canfly172--you waved to the shy and naughty lurkers. Maybe you meant someone else, but I'm both--maybe shy at first, but will probably be naughty later (and it's been fun seeing that here too).

I have more gushing to do about how great you all are, but before this gets way too long, I'll save that for another post.

Thank you all--you've often made my day!

Hi, wonderful FCA !

I've been lurking so long that I feel like I know y'all. And since I don't know how to post here (yet), excuse the mess if I hopelessly muddle up the bolding, paragraph breaks, etc.

I'm Merry, but since you already have a couple of members here with variations of my name, headoverheels is how I've been over Clay for over five years now.

I saw that you have another newbie here, (hi, girlcanuck), which finally nudged me to join in. I see my favorite fanfic author is here (you're fabulous!), and I've even hugged several of you in RL, so I was happy to see your names here!

Even if I might not be able to post very often, I had to tell you what a great place this is! At the least, I wanted to thank claytonic and everyone who waved to me about a month ago when she answered my question about a glossary item and posted what I had sent her in an email. It was something like, "I'm one of those shy lurkers at FCA--been reading for quite a while, and I've always loved and appreciated FCA's generous and supportive spirit. When what I see on other boards starts to depress me (or even when I'm happy and want to celebrate, for that matter), I read here at FCA and always feel much better."

So, thanks again to claytonic, and to Couch Tomato, jamar1700, jmh123, and canfly172--you waved to the shy and naughty lurkers. Maybe you meant someone else, but I'm both--maybe shy at first, but will probably be naughty later (and it's been fun seeing that here too).

I have more gushing to do about how great you all are, but before this gets way too long, I'll save that for another post.

Thank you all--you've often made my day!

:welcome: OMG I finally found an emoticon I was looking for and can use it :nana: Make that two.

Wow, more thanks for the welcomes, FearofH2O and jmh123! Impressive graphics there with the welcome! The more the Merrier--love it! I'm so glad I came out of my self-imposed dungeon!

Now, can anybody tell me how to get rid of all that personal trash that was included with my name on the left side of my post? (Don't even remember when I entered all that.) Yikes. I might need a personal tutor to help me with all the questions I'll probably have.

Baby steps, baby steps. Still in kindergarten, I guess . . . .

No one can see all that personal stuff but you and the mods. You have to put it in to register, to keep internet "bots" from registering (or something like that). Don't worry--other folks can't see it.

PS People can see that you are "out to lunch" which is pretty funny. I'd keep that. :cryingwlaughter:

Aw, no one regularly posts to YouTube? Ok, I guess I'll just convert to flv. (And I even took extra time because I'd forgotten that Boston had 2 StumpTheBand songs -- YLTLF and OTWOL!)

Welcome, headoverheels!!!

:welcome23:

Aw, no one regularly posts to YouTube? Ok, I guess I'll just convert to flv. (And I even took extra time because I'd forgotten that Boston had 2 StumpTheBand songs -- YLTLF and OTWOL!)

Welcome, headoverheels!!!

:welcome23:

Sorry Scarlett I can help. I use wmv to post on youtube. If you want me to post some stuff for you, I would be honoured.

Just skimmed... so quick random thoughts:

Scarlett,

Like GDG said, youtube takes wmv.

headoverheels,

:welcome:

(hope the obvious code worked, lol)

Glad to hear that Tasapio is still a fan. She helped me once to quickly set up somebody else's unfamiliar camera for me.

I'll have to go check out her NAT pix cuz I really only discovered her pix during JBT. I'm assuming Beemer (leg-hump girl has them all but who knows). I've been meaning to recap my clack from that show. It was my 3rd show ever that I video-taped (only smuggled in one camera that trip, lol) and I was way back in Row S or something but it turned out not too badly (as far as clack from that show goes). I didn't know how to cap at the time, so what was up at Gonzo's site was done from a VHS tape and CV lost it in the transition.

Thanks very much, goldarngirl! I'll pick up the wmvs and send the links. I just remember that for those times, with the heavy security, those particular versions of the NAT songs didn't have the interruptions that we usually had during the NAT.

Hi, wonderful FCA !

Oh look, headoverheels is actually posting! :laola0: :clap:

Hey I should be thanking you for being the reassurance that someone other than myself is actually using the Glossary. I am truly hopeless with acronyms and so hopeless that even though I update the Glossary, I am frequently having to quietly refer to it. The person who should be thanked is annabear ... I've often had to ask her what this and that means or stands for and she never fails to reply in a flash, so quickly that sometimes I wonder if she really does have a full-time job + studies + being a single mom to two cats and now a new puppy that's the cutest thing on earth. Either she's telling "porky pies" about all that or, more than likely, she's the perfect example of the saying "if you want something done, ask a busy person. The others don't have time".

Porky pies? Sorry, that's not in the Glossary but it's popular Aussie rhyming slang ... it has absolutely no relation to either pork or pie. For example, if someone says they're on the dog and bone, it means they are on the 'phone. LOL yes, I have to admit it is weird and I don't get it most of the time either!

For anyone ELSE thinking about expanding their family, lookee lookee what I got in an email today...

http://todaysfunnybone.googlepages.com/2questions

Will be sending these up to CU but for an early copy, these are the XviD and mp4 files. If the XviD files don't run well on your computer, wait for the wmv's from CH/CV/CU. Thx!

050828_Boston_StumpTheBand_ldyjocelyn&Scarlett XviD mp4

050828_Boston_TRD_ldyjocelyn&Scarlett (Tears Run Dry) XviD mp4

claytonic, if the couch isn't on fire things are still ok. :)

So I go to bed and miss the excitemeen of a lurker posting.......I love it. (Actually it takes the pressure off me...I no longer have to angst over writing such witty and engaging posts :cryingwlaughter: )

This just proves that we are not crazy and that people like us , they really like us! (or they are crazy like us and I prefer the first thank you very much).

Welcome to all new posters. :BlowKiss: As I said a few weeks ago I am baaad at remembering birthdays and I am also baaad at weloming folks! :lilredani:

I like the name Merry...even if it is spelled wrong! :hahaha:

See I can use emoticons to!

Welcome headoverheels!

Scarlett, thanks for more Boston clack. And while I don't do youtube, I remember those Aflack NAT vids and they are awesome. I have them saved to an external somewhere, may have to dig them out tonight for a peek. :hubbahubba:

Great screencaps Scarlett, they look like HQ photos. I have never put anything up at youtube. Sorry!

So canfly has new clack too. But your's is good.I'm sure I have undiscovered clack somewhere. A picture of Clay's left ear which is so distorted that you couldn't tell if it was his foot or his ear. Video which is so fuzzy, you might not know which person on stage was Clay. :8:

headoverheels, my graphics are right from the FCA emoticons. Not very original I'll admit.

claytonic, if you had shown me those pictures when I was young, I doubt that there would have been two more men on this earth (my sons). But I have made a similar mess myself when painting a room I moved the ladder with the paint can still on it. The can of paint fell off the ladder and on my head. I was so covered with paint I was afraid to move and stood there yelling for my husband to bring me some other clothes. I threw everything I was wearing in the trash.