#49: I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

Thread Title  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I still don't have money I just go anyway!
    • I'm hooked .... like a fish.
    • I think there's always going to be something big coming when it comes to Clay.
    • Not only did he take his life back he took the power from them.
    • He is large and in charge and I love it!
    • He puts a happy face on my heart!

Good Morning Everyone,

Welcome headoverheels! Glad you decided to come out of lurkdom!

3 Days until Daylight Saving Time! :yahoo:

15 Days until The First Day of Spring! :yahoo:

26 Days until Playlist: The Very Best of Clay Aiken! :yahoo:

34 Days until Judge Aiken is holding Court on ANTM! :yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Thanks very much, luckiest and Fear! :BlowKiss:

We need to thank ldyjocelyn for taking these videos and couchie for standing guard :clap: -- all I did was process them (after much procrastination).

A few more got done just as I was heading out so here they are...

050828_Boston_BFM_ldyjocelyn&Scarlett XviD mp4

050828_Boston_00sMedley_ldyjocelyn&Scarlett XviD mp4

These only have mp4's so far:

050828_Boston/050828_Boston_Quiana_IWALY_ldyjocelyn&Scarlett_XviD.mp4

050828_Boston/050828_Boston_BandIntros_ldyjocelyn&Scarlett_XviD.mp4

goldarngirl and clayzycoffin, I'll need to send you the wmv's for YouTube tonight -- sorry, I ran out of time. Thanks for hosting!!! :thankyou:

Aw, no one regularly posts to YouTube? Ok, I guess I'll just convert to flv. (And I even took extra time because I'd forgotten that Boston had 2 StumpTheBand songs -- YLTLF and OTWOL!)

Welcome, headoverheels!!!

:welcome23:

Hey, Scarlett, it says:

optimal video info for YouTube

Best Formats for Uploading

YouTube can accept almost any video format for upload, but for most users we have found the following settings give the best results.

* Video Format: H.264, MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 preferred

* Aspect Ratio: Native aspect ratio without letterboxing (examples: 4:3, 16:9)

* Resolution: 640x360 (16:9) or 480x360 (4:3) recommended

* Audio Format: MP3 or AAC preferred

* Frames per second: 30

* Maximum length: 10 minutes (we recommend 2-3 minutes)

* Maximum file size: 1 GB

Doesn't even mention flv format, so I wouldn't bother with converting.

Welcome, newbies!!!

So, I just spoke to a coworker of mine. Whenever she is sick or on holidays, it is my responsibility to cover for her. She told me she has not booked any holidays yet, because she is afraid they might conflict with my "Clay days". :hahaha: Heh, they were due on Jan. 15th. So now we're both waiting on that good-looking red-headed singerman to give us those 2009 plans he promised. Wonder what the big boss will think of that? :o

Is it soon yet?

You know how sometimes you just listen to Clay and other times you LISTEN? Today driving in to work I had one of those LISTENing moments! Lover All Alone came on and I felt like that song just hit me like a ton of bricks! Why today I don't know. it's not like I haven't heard the song a gazillion times since the great come out of ought eight but today for some reason it just "got" me! Wow it is so poignant and yet so powerful at the same time. That guy needs to write more songs especially as his life has changed so dramatically since he wrote that one.

And yes I am a little PW today. Why? Cos I can! Hee. OK I'd better get down to work, it's almost 8.

Just noticed that our montages for the BAF CFC Raleigh Gala speeches & auctions have been uploaded to the Clack Unlimited vault. Here is the link to download them from (remember, right click and save as, DO NOT STREAM):

http://www.clackunlimited.com/clack/Montag...ange_Gala_2008/

I will also be adding them to the Gala page on our site later tonight. ETA: Please do not upload these to YouTube.

Just noticed that our montages for the BAF CFC Raleigh Gala speeches & auctions have been uploaded to the Clack Unlimited vault. Here is the link to download them from (remember, right click and save as, DO NOT STREAM):

http://www.clackunlimited.com/clack/Montag...ange_Gala_2008/

I will also be adding them to the Gala page on our site later tonight. ETA: Please do not upload these to YouTube.

Eeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhh!!! Thank you!

For anyone who is not familiar with these, they are the GREATEST!! They've spent a lot of work taking the "best of the best" shots of, in this case, the Gala and blending them so you'll think you've been there.

In this case...I HAVE been there! :lol: but in the worst seat in the house~so I'm dying for these as my vision is really bad and I couldn't see anything while I was there, so I had an "audio-only" experience.

Really looking forward to experiencing it!

Thanks to both luckiest1 and goldarngirl for all the hard work!

Hee, FromClaygary, thanks, and I hear ya. Watching the clack for these was amazing because there were so many things that I couldn't see from my vantage point (worst seat in the house, heh, yours was only second worst). He was really on fire that night, and it really reminds me of "Concert Clay". Well, of course we did get a mini-concert too (and how fabulous was that?), but I mean the auctions! :P

Welcome to ALL lurkers! I get remiss in doing this, just because work gets in the way. *kicks stupid work*

EEEEEEEEEEE! New clack from me and Scarlett!

EEEEEEEEEEE! New clack from luckiest1 and goldarngirl!

BTW, I noticed that the CH vault and Clack Unlimited have loaded a new, HQ version of the OMWH promo clip from Amazon. Actually, it's not the same clip, because it doesn't have the jumpy editing (and those cool shots of him on the steps), but it's VERY nice. Anyone know where that came from? I couldn't find the info scanning the CH...

merrieeee, I had one of those moments not too long ago myself. In my case, it was listening to the song OMWH. Hit me like a ton. Wow.

Smitten

Congrats on your new job. Hope things work out better for you at this one.

Okay I am going to try this

here is my snowy back yard

http://s473.photobucket.com/albums/rr99/tribeca_2008/

tribeca... beautiful, but.... brrrr I think it's cold when it's in the low 50's... :cryingwlaughter:

Good Evening, FCA! :BlowKiss:

What an exciting time -- a new CD on the way and a revival of the Wildcard, even if it's not quite the same! I wrote about both in the new Carolina On My Mind blog. Yollie950's montage, the Wildcard video, graphics by cindilu2 and AmazingCA, as well as a recent NJU story are featured in the blog -- the 300th Carolina entry on Blogspot!

Whew, I'm tired. Hope you enjoy! Thank you for your visits and support of the Clay blogs! :wub:

Congrats on the new job, Smitten! :ura:

I'm not a member of Facebook; but besides my blog, there are at least three others celebrating Wildcard. I have the links in the Carolina blog if you want to post them. :goaround:

Also, I made a countdown widget for TVBOCA with cindilu2's CD graphic. It's ticking away in the sidebar. :lol:

Go, Tar Heels!!! :dancingbanana:

Have a great week, all! :clay:

Caro listen.gif

Caro... Congrats on 300!!! :clap::clap::clap: I love your blog... you do a fantastic job and I love NJU stories!

headoverheels... :welcome22: Glad you are joining in!

luckiest... Scarlett and lydj... thanks for the new clack!!! :BlowKiss::BlowKiss::BlowKiss:

I am feeling very optimistic today for some unknown reason. Clay will entertain us again this year, I am absolutely positively sure of that... just not the form.

liney, I'm optomistic too. I just can't wait to find out where and when (and how)! :)

It's starting to look like spring around here (even though it was still -7C this morning). I'm so optomistic about that, I put my winter coat away and wore my spring coat instead. Supposed to go up to something like 13C on the weekend (but rain the whole time, of course). Still, I'm braced for at least one more bout of winter before it's all over. We always get one good snow in March, or sometimes even the first week of April! ;)

So, I just spoke to a coworker of mine. Whenever she is sick or on holidays, it is my responsibility to cover for her. She told me she has not booked any holidays yet, because she is afraid they might conflict with my "Clay days". :hahaha: Heh, they were due on Jan. 15th. So now we're both waiting on that good-looking red-headed singerman to give us those 2009 plans he promised. Wonder what the big boss will think of that? :o

Is it soon yet?

So understand what you are saying. We will have to chose our summer vacation soon also. Only wish he would tell us his plans so we could plan our lives around him, lol.

I want to lay out the welcome mat to girlcanuck and headoverheels. I'm sure the mod responsible for toasters will have your gifts to you shortly!! I think it's KAndre's week. :cryingwlaughter:

Scarlet thanks for your work on my first row clack. I love watching clack from my exact concert perspective!

And you know...if one of you would just go ahead adn make vacation plans, Clay would announce something for the rest of us.

:hahaha:

Good Evening, FCA!

What an exciting time -- a new CD on the way and a revival of the Wildcard, even if it's not quite the same! I wrote about both in the new Carolina On My Mind blog. Yollie950's montage, the Wildcard video, graphics by cindilu2 and AmazingCA, as well as a recent NJU story are featured in the blog -- the 300th Carolina entry on Blogspot!

I made a countdown widget for TVBOCA with cindilu2's CD graphic. It's ticking away in the sidebar. :lol:

Caro... Congrats on 300!!! :clap::clap::clap: I love your blog... you do a fantastic job and I love NJU stories!

Thank you, liney23! If you leave a message as "Anonymous," you can sign your screen name at the bottom of the comment. :wub:

I made the rounds of the Clay blogs this morning, and I noticed at least two more are using the cindilu2 countdown widget. :imgtongue:

Here's a new montage that started out as a response to Simon's "Von Whoever" comparison with Clay and turned into quite a cool look back at highlights of our guy's career. Enjoy!

Have a great day, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro listen.gif

:welcome:girlcanuck and headoverheels!

And you know...if one of you would just go ahead adn make vacation plans, Clay would announce something for the rest of us.

Well, I did - sorta! I've gotten approval for my "tentative" vacation dates this year. Of course, that was with the boss who just left for a six month secondment in another dept., but I've already told his replacement that I might have to reschedule if (when?) my "reunion" plans with friends are finalized.

Right now I've got May 14 and 15 (before our Victoria Day weekend) and the last week of June/first week of July off (wrapped around Canada Day) - should we start taking bets? ;)

So I go to bed and miss the excitemeen of a lurker posting.......I love it. (Actually it takes the pressure off me...I no longer have to angst over writing such witty and engaging posts :cryingwlaughter: )

This just proves that we are not crazy and that people like us , they really like us! (or they are crazy like us and I prefer the first thank you very much).

Welcome to all new posters. :BlowKiss: As I said a few weeks ago I am baaad at remembering birthdays and I am also baaad at weloming folks! :lilredani:

I like the name Merry...even if it is spelled wrong! :hahaha:

See I can use emoticons to!

Yep--I spell it wrong . . . could never remember how many e's in Merrieeee! Today, replying to a post; tomorrow, the emoticons!

And I do also have those LISTENING moments (usually in the car--why is that?). Especially since September 23, those OMWH songs sometimes grab me so hard that I have to pull over and shed a few real tears. That cute singerguy really does it for me, and MG, he's been through A LOT during the past year! (And no doubt for many years before! The painful personal stories in Crisis are powerfully making that point.)

FCA is such a great and welcoming place, so I want to say thanks again to everyone! Tell me if having a long list of names gets old, and I'll try to restrain myself: Couch Tomato, FromClayGary, liney23, aikim, luckiest1, goldarngirl, Scarlett, CarolinaClay, Claytonic, and anyone else I might have missed, thank you for the welcomes! It means a lot !

Scarlett, luckiest1, and goldarngirl, beautiful Clack!!

jmh123, you said that personal info on the left side doesn't show. If someone not registered on this board might be reading, could they see it? If they can, I might actually be in for a battle here at home, because I was asked years ago to stop posting at the boards (long story for another time), but glad I finally decided on disobedience and enjoyment instead. And, of course, it was really clever of me to put my real name out there. Not.

jmh123, you said that personal info on the left side doesn't show. If someone not registered on this board might be reading, could they see it?

Nope, you are safe. And we can delete all the Merry references, yours and everyone else's, if you prefer.

OT request: I've been reveling in U2 being on David Letterman all week. However, I forgot to set my computer for Monday's show. Is there someone who can rip some videos for me from Letterman's site? PM me if you can, and I'll send you the links... Thanks in advance!

And I do also have those LISTENING moments (usually in the car--why is that?). Especially since September 23, those OMWH songs sometimes grab me so hard that I have to pull over and shed a few real tears. That cute singerguy really does it for me, and MG, he's been through A LOT during the past year! (And no doubt for many years before! The painful personal stories in Crisis are powerfully making that point.)

ITA. Those life stories are very powerful, and painful to read. I'm about halfway through the book.

Done. I'll be in CA the 2nd & 3rd week in August for a friend's wedding, which means Clay will either tour out there the week before or after and will be in OH while I'm in CA! :P

No "porky pies" :lol: here, claytonic! I just usually have my gmail open & minimized all day. And I just got back from lunching with the "cutest" puppy. We're starting to walk around the neighborhood, but it's slow going because he thinks every.sinlge leaf, rock, flower, blade of grass, etc. has to go in his mouth before we can walk past it... :rolleyes: