#49: I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

Thread Title  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I still don't have money I just go anyway!
    • I'm hooked .... like a fish.
    • I think there's always going to be something big coming when it comes to Clay.
    • Not only did he take his life back he took the power from them.
    • He is large and in charge and I love it!
    • He puts a happy face on my heart!

This morning I could not get on the internet...arghh!!! The tech support told me I might not be able to get back on until next Tuesday! But here I am...there was a problem just in this area now fixed tho it was kinda neat to be chatting with a tech guy in Nova Scotia while he tried to figure out the problem. Discussed the economic state there, SlumDog Millionaire which I saw this week and what a lousy winter it's been.

Thank you luckiest1 and goldarngirl for the gala videos. There are excellent, as they usually are. Thank you for the hours you both must have put into creating these for us.

It's always nice to see new people posting here. Welcome Newbies :giveflowers::welcome:

I am hoping that Clay will be somewhere close to Toronto, like Sterling Heights, sometime in the first 2 weeks of August because I plan to be in Southern Ontario then. ..I know he won't be touring anywhere close to Vancouver.

Now on to deal with the problem of a rat or rats under my house, one of the hazards of country living, and the problem with the water heater. I am reminded at times like this of how much my husband did around the house and property...I didn't have to think about these kinds of problems.

At the same time, after having seen Slumdog Millionaire, I am aware of how lucky, how privileged I am to be living in this time, in this place.

jmh123, you said that personal info on the left side doesn't show. If someone not registered on this board might be reading, could they see it?

Nope, you are safe. And we can delete all the Merry references, yours and everyone else's, if you prefer.

Oh, thanks so much, jmh123--not necessary to delete my name (in fact, I kind of like it that I haven't stayed completely "hidden" forever. Some of you still know who I am.) I just didn't want it hanging out there in the margin for perpetuity, 'cos then the chances of some snoop (!!) coming across it would be that much greater.

Also, because I had to sign off for a while, I did see for myself that when I looked at the posts without logging in, you were right (of course!!)--no name out there for the general public to see. Oh, ye of little faith, huh? Thanks again for your help!

Whoops, knew I forgot something. Crisis is a fantastic book. Heartbreaking in so many ways; I just hope that some people will give this book a chance and learn from it.

Just me again (won't post for years, and then won't shut up, huh?).

Yes, I'm so glad that someone here mentioned Crisis a while back. Was that you?? If so, thanks! I always thought I was pretty well-informed and sympathetic, but I see that I didn't really understand at all. These stories truly deepen the impact times ten! As you said, we can hope that some people will give the book a chance and learn from it!

luckiest1 - Hey, no problem! I don't mind taking a hit, because I know I can always change the days if we actually have plans! :28:

I am hoping that Clay will be somewhere close to Toronto, like Sterling Heights, sometime in the first 2 weeks of August because I plan to be in Southern Ontario then. ..I know he won't be touring anywhere close to Vancouver.

Well, even if he isn't appearing in the area, we'll have to see if we Ontarians can get together with you when you're here! :bier:

KAndre pries one sticky eye open, chugs another mug of Thera-flu, unplugs couchie's toaster, and hands it generously over to the newest newbie!

We still need to do the Vietnamese place (as soon as I can frickin' breathe) - but other party planning is good. Though being sick, I have discovered Spore. I love it all to pieces - though large numbers of species are oddly enough becoming extinct in my vicinity.

I've been bopping to WYSYLM - what can I say, it's just a sweet jam. Though I will soon have live versions of ISY on repeat (Clay owes me for not putting a live version on the new CD, dammit!

welcome headoverheels

thats all I got lol

Wow, considering that you just started a new job, I feel honored that you even found the time to notice! Thanks! And congratulations on the new beginning for you!

:clap:

I was over at Amazon and the "Best Of Clay Aiken" page led me to OMWH and to read some reviews. I was taken by a review from "someone who loved Clay on Idol" but didn't like MOAM at all -- thought it was "plastic" music -- and ignored ATDW because it was warmed over covers -- but just discovered OMWH and can't get enough of it.

And then there's me ... and I love all three. Lucky me.

ETA: Haven't watched Idol, but hearing about Simon's remark that one of the singers reminded him of Clay Aiken .... did that kid get through?

One of the perks (at least for me) working at the library is that I get to go through the boxes of donations that come...so today I am going through one and what do I find...2 Tiger Beat Monkee Spectaculars from 1968 (okay they are reprints of the originals printed in Nov, 1987); couldn't wait to get home and look at them...talk about a walk down memory lane!

So the first feature is 75 facts about the Monkees...now I am not going to post all 75 facts, but some I got a kick out of and some are tangently related to Clay...

Micky hand makes his own beads.

Peter digs English muffins!

Mike always believes in telling the truth. (sound like Clay?)

Davy often calls girls "darlin" (reminds me of another singer man)

Micky likes the feel of silk (sounds kinky!)

Mike misses fresh black-eyed peas the way they are made in the South.

Peter digs long gowns on girls

Davy orders shirts specially made in England (wonder if he likes Paul Smith)

All the Monkees love miniskirts.

Okay girls...I know you wanted to know this:

How To score with Davy: Ask his advice and praise him; especially on his marvelous taste in clothes and jewelry.

And I think I have discovered a new party game...read the magazine and take a shot everytime the word "groovy" is used...unfortunately, you probably will pass out before you get to page 3!

Kim

welcome headoverheels

thats all I got lol

Wow, considering that you just started a new job, I feel honored that you even found the time to notice! Thanks! And congratulations on the new beginning for you!

:clap:

haha Im such a baby..I got up at 7 every morning, and this job isnt difficult but for some reason I am so tired...can barely keep my eyes open, I dont understand why.

that's the least amount of smileys I have ever seen Canfly post

there is someone named leg-hump girl? crazy stuff in Clay nation

Yup and today is leg-hump girl's birthday and I wanna post some Charlotte pix in her b-day thread at the shed, so outside of Tasapio's pix, which I'm saving right now, does anybody have any good Charlotte pix, especially leg-humpin' ones?

So canfly has new clack too.

No...but I wanna redo what CV lost vs just uploading what's on some external somewhere cuz I know for sure that COF had a skip in it.

A friend's daughter requested me to be a facebook friend today.

So I did.

I got 8000 popups.

:yow:

Re: Facebook...are those gifts/pokes you can send each other and pets you can adopt, etc... is there spyware involved in that? Too late now but was wondering about it asking for permission to access your facebook info...

I was over at Amazon and the "Best Of Clay Aiken" page led me to OMWH and to read some reviews. I was taken by a review from "someone who loved Clay on Idol" but didn't like MOAM at all -- thought it was "plastic" music -- and ignored ATDW because it was warmed over covers -- but just discovered OMWH and can't get enough of it.

And then there's me ... and I love all three. Lucky me.

I gotta agree do a degree with the "plastic" music comment. A lot of MOAM was pure bubblegum. I didn't love ATDW because I didn't like some of the songs to start with but I do love most of OMWH.

ETA: Haven't watched Idol, but hearing about Simon's remark that one of the singers reminded him of Clay Aiken .... did that kid get through?
Judges picked him as a Wildcard. They seemed to be pimping him somewhat. He sounded NOTHING like Clay, so Simon can stick it, lol.

Back to savin' Tasapio Charlotte Nat pix...

:hubbahubba:

luckiest1 - Hey, no problem! I don't mind taking a hit, because I know I can always change the days if we actually have plans! :28:

Well, even if he isn't appearing in the area, we'll have to see if we Ontarians can get together with you when you're here! :bier:

We have a lot of Southern Ontario folks here, lol. :hello:

You going to the Toronto Cluncheon Bella? Decided I'd go.

Man, would I love for Clay to be touring near/in Southern Ontario in the first 2 weeks of August!!! :laola0:

Grumble.

A friend's daughter requested me to be a facebook friend today.

So I did.

I got 8000 popups.

And my laptop, or at least the Mozilla I need to use to work with, crashed 46 times.

I do not feel friendly.

I wonder if that was a genuine invitation from your friend's daughter, or maybe it was but there was some other issue going on. I posted this on the Facebook thread a couple of days ago: Facebook users suffer viral surge .

Lotus, I love your siggie!

Thank you. I'd like to live that way. I used to kiss slowly, my husband was a great kisser.

Now that would be fun.

Water tank problem solved but the rat problem will take some time. Yuck!! rat smell hate it.

goldarngirl and clayzycoffin, this is the link (so that you won't double-dip at the CH/CV/CU). I'm hoping to have Aflack's Invisible, WTSHNN and the LittleGirlSigner plus Shellyfish's Kyrie. PD and TITN. Do you think we could test with those and you could let me know if it looks "good" on YouTube? Thanks so much! :BlowKiss:

To avoid dups, how about if we put Aflack's on goldarngirl's account and shellyfish's on clazycoffin's? (If I am being too picky, please say so. Thx!)

goldarngirl and clayzycoffin, this is the link (so that you won't double-dip at the CH/CV/CU). I'm hoping to have Aflack's Invisible, WTSHNN and the LittleGirlSigner plus Shellyfish's Kyrie. PD and TITN. Do you think we could test with those and you could let me know if it looks "good" on YouTube? Thanks so much! :BlowKiss:

To avoid dups, how about if we put Aflack's on goldarngirl's account and shellyfish's on clazycoffin's? (If I am being too picky, please say so. Thx!)

Link???

Well, I hope Clay is happy. Because we haven't heard anything lately, I finally broke down and did some cleaning. Not much, but more than usual. Maybe now he'll blog. I think I deserve a reward.

Link???

*sorry!*... the guy was too distracting but here it is... (and it took me 4 tries to get that) *shakes head!*

Link???

*sorry!*... the guy was too distracting but here it is... (and it took me 4 tries to get that) *shakes head!*

No problem. Will take yours/Aflacks and upload. I have these but they are mpg. Will let you know when they are up so you can look.