Thread Title  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What is ournext thread title?

• You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken
    • Clay Aiken - Luxuriously Enticing
    • The House of Aiken de la Clay
    • I'll take Clay any day
    • Our cool boyfriend and his thudworthy thighs
    • Those boys!! Double the CUTENESS / Double the FUN!

OMG Darren Clarke is the funniest nicest golfer I ever met! Henrik Stenson is hot! I may not make it through the week.

Be still my heart...Lee Westwood just came in. Best year at the Shell Houston Open evah! Hee Hee

Sounds like lots of fun!! I'm jealous.

I wanna post some pictures... so...

newoldpic2.jpg

This one is definitely his face, so fits the theme, but it's a photoshop done by one of the Japanese fans, who also added the OFC label to it. The body isn't Clay's. You can see her signature down at the bottom right corner.

AE: Did you feel it was a "no gay zone" while you were there?

CA: No, not at all. No. Not at all. Everybody who's ever worked on the show who I've worked with in the past knew before I made any announcement or anything, so it's always been a very embracing environment over there.

Huh??? :thsigns053: (I was actually looking for a puzzled smilie...this one looks a little pissed off which is not my intention)

When asked if he thought America was ready for an out American Idol, he replied, "Well, they've been pretty nice to me."

My...he is being diplomatic...and... there's nothing wrong and everything right with that.

I did not think I would find the CD today. I started here in town with no luck. Had to go to my mother's house today so stopped about 15 miles up the road with no luck. Continued on for another 35 miles and finally found some at that Walmart. Bought 3, one for me, my friend, and for my mother. Listened to it in the car and it does sound good. I think they toned down the choir a little bit in BOTW. At least for a few listens I will not have to flip through CD's. I really can not go very long without hearing Sacrificial Love. I am addicted to that song.

ooh the gala..so far away... I think I will go this year.

Lotus, the sentence seems a bit fragmented so who knows what he said.

Anyway I do think things have been better for him since he came out..hell even the media seems friendlier. Although I never thought it was all that bad to him anyway, if you avoided the bloggers which seems to be a cesspool in a lot of ways. I think American will vote for a good singer whether gay or straight. And if a gay person hasn't won maybe it's because they haven't deserved to? Wasn't the first Idol gay - the one in England? I haven't watched idol this year so don't know how good the guy is or whether he is the most talented and loved..after all it is part singing competition/part popularity contest.

Well I do think Clay is being diplomatic and is obviously not going to get drawn into the type of interview that they were looking for. But I also think that Clay's reality with AI is not the fans reality with AI. Simon Randy Paula and Ryan are the face of AI but they are not all of it. Both Debra Byrd & Micharl Orland have been very supportive of him in the media. Not to mention that Clay doesn't seem to have the persecution complex that many of his fans have for him.

Meh. Just my humble opinions.

Well I do think Clay is being diplomatic and is obviously not going to get drawn into the type of interview that they were looking for. But I also think that Clay's reality with AI is not the fans reality with AI. Simon Randy Paula and Ryan are the face of AI but they are not all of it. Both Debra Byrd & Micharl Orland have been very supportive of him in the media. Not to mention that Clay doesn't seem to have the persecution complex that many of his fans have for him.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

PSA ICG.gif

gala08_perma.jpg

I started a planning thread here: Clay Live! > Misc Events > 2009 Champions of Change Gala

2008Gala_Perma.jpg

/PSA ICG.gif

Be still my heart...Lee Westwood just came in. Best year at the Shell Houston Open evah! Hee Hee

I don't know who any of those guys are but my dad does & he is jealous :lol:

I like the way you think :)

Really I think that quote was misquoted or something because when Clay came out Nigel said he didn't know. But, I guess it doesn't matter anyway.

The guy on Idol right now who is openly gay Adam Lambert is either loved or hated but most talk I have read has to do with his singing/performing .

here is one of his songs that was really talked about Ring of Fire

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/adam-lam...cid=VIDURVMUS02

Everyone going to the Gala have fun :) I will be home reading your recaps.

Rosie's event sounds like fun. Anyone going to that?

ETA

Wanda

I love Clay about 275% more than Adam

I'm dead crazy about Adam! He's amazing.

(NOT as amazing as Clay---but frigging amazing.)

Oh, please don't add Adam here. Let's not talk about him here. Sorry but he can't compare to our Clay. (I only watched once and i can't bear listening to his constipated version of Ring of Fire and I vowed not to watch again. I listened to one more song Track of Tears just to see if I was wrong but it just turned me off. Sorry to say more than I should.)

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! GALAAAAAAAA!!!!!

My room is booked :)

Off to look at possible flights. :lmaosmiley-1:

I'm thinkin' about going. I've never been to one. Of course, I'd need a ticket first...

We have an American Idol thread here. Not saying you can't talk about the show on the main thread here, since we talk about everything, and the Adam convo was started because of the interview in which Clay was asked about him, so it was a reasonable segue, but the AI thread is good place to go if you really want to get into a conversation about American Idol with other FCAers. So far this year it has been pretty slow, so some convo there might get it revved up a bit.

That Reed Kelly is one fine looking man. :wub:

:clap: good insight Jamar especially about the persecution complex.

Reed-1.jpg

Me thinks Clay is about to be pinched :lol:

You read my mind Tribeca! :yeahthat:

Welcome beryl! Have you introduced yourself/ told your "How I discovered Clay" story on the newbie thread? I love to hear those stories and a little about who I am "chatting "with.

Who in their right mind has to be at work at 4:30? Oh yeah me! I've never heard of the Mike & Mike show but because they are here we have to come in early! aargghh........why isn't it the Clay & Reed show? That I could get up for.

Oh, please don't add Adam here. Let's not talk about him here. Sorry but he can't compare to our Clay. (I only watched once and i can't bear listening to his constipated version of Ring of Fire and I vowed not to watch again. I listened to one more song Track of Tears just to see if I was wrong but it just turned me off. Sorry to say more than I should.)

I don't know much about him but I've always been a one guy woman; okay I'll have to add in my husband and make it two. . Don't watch AI, there are too many other things to do.

Well I do think Clay is being diplomatic and is obviously not going to get drawn into the type of interview that they were looking for.
But I also think that Clay's reality with AI is not the fans reality with AI. Simon Randy Paula and Ryan are the face of AI but they are not all of it. Both Debra Byrd & Micharl Orland have been very supportive of him in the media. Not to mention that
Clay doesn't seem to have the
persecution complex
that many of his fans have for him.

Couldn't agree more, Clay has become extremely media savvy and carries himself in a way that commands respect generally except from those who never did and never will get it. Strange thing to me about Clay is that on the one hand, Clay is completely different to the 'boy' he was on AI in 2003, but on the other hand, he hasn't changed at all. It's a contradiction, I know, but I don't know how else to put it except perhaps that the essence of who he is, is constant.

One thing I've been meaning to say is that when I watched the full series of AI#2 long after everyone else, not for one moment did I even think of Clay as being gay during the series. He just seemed like a regular young man who - to me - looked and seemed young for his 24 years.

Good Morning Everyone,

7 Days (one week!!) until Judge Aiken is holding court on ANTM!

:yahoo:

20 Days until Clay receives his Family Equality Council Honor!

26 Days until Clay appears at Rosie's Benefit!

43 Days until Clay is Rockin' 30 Rock!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

POP/CLAY AIKEN: DAVID FOSTER TALKS ABOUT SISTER MAKING BABY FOR "IDOL" STAR WASHINGTON (AP) You may have thought it odd. But music producer David Foster says he has no problem with the fact that his sister gave birth to Clay Aiken's son. Foster says the deal "made a lot of sense on a lot of levels," since Aiken is gay and his sister, who had been married for more than two decades, had always wanted to have a baby. The only question in his mind was whether his sister Jaymes, who was closing in on 50, would be able to get pregnant. As for Aiken, Foster says he knew he was gay before the media caught on, but it's no biggie as far as the arrangements with his sister go. Just what are those "arrangements?" Foster himself isn't even sure. He says Aiken, his partner and his sister are "working it out" though he calls it "a beautiful way to have a family." Aiken's son, Parker, was born last August.

http://www.kxmb.com/News/353272.asp