Thread Title  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What is ournext thread title?

• You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken
    • Clay Aiken - Luxuriously Enticing
    • The House of Aiken de la Clay
    • I'll take Clay any day
    • Our cool boyfriend and his thudworthy thighs
    • Those boys!! Double the CUTENESS / Double the FUN!

Gosh, I agree with all the people commenting re length of hair, size of feet :lol: etc.....but it sure does look like him! If it's not.....I definitely understand why someone thought it was! We'll likely never know. :lol:

goldarngirl I think you AND I jinxed our respective locations this week....I'm snowed in on my vacation too! And I had such plans! :cry4: I think "someone" is telling me I should be doing my taxes....and cleaning house. :shrug: What-EV-er!! :)

Irobot is vacuuming away downstairs as we speak. :)

Gosh, I agree with all the people commenting re length of hair, size of feet :lol: etc.....but it sure does look like him! If it's not.....I definitely understand why someone thought it was! We'll likely never know. :lol:

goldarngirl I think you AND I jinxed our respective locations this week....I'm snowed in on my vacation too! And I had such plans! :cry4: I think "someone" is telling me I should be doing my taxes....and cleaning house. :shrug: What-EV-er!! :)

Irobot is vacuuming away downstairs as we speak. :)

Hopefully it will clear up by Friday.

Irobot is vacuuming away downstairs as we speak.
:)

Ah, that reminds me...does anyone own one of those hand-held steam irons? You know, the one you use to smooth out wrinkles on clothes on a hanger, and can be used to iron sheets directly on the bed, curtains that are hanging. Can also be used to sterilize and steam-clean clothes you would normally send to the dry cleaners.

I am about to buy one but just don't want to end up with another unused electric appliance.

I own one, and I used it once.
:cryingwlaughter:

You talking about one of those hand-held steam wrinkle removers? Are they no good?

I think it probably worked fine--I just didn't use it like I thought I would.

Anyone know if Clay was in Norfolk, VI by any chance this past weekend? I have friend who swears she saw him walking around and snapped a picture, but he was walking away and it's basically the back of his head and a little of his left cheek. Anyone wanna weigh in?
clayaiken.jpg
Those look exactly like the Sterling Heights jeans in your avi. On the other hand, the hair seems like it would be too long, in comparison to the length of Clay's hair in the banner from the week-end before (especially over his ears). I'm not sure...

Where are all the Clay-butt experts when we need them???

LOL! Most of you guys thought what I did. Hair too long, too brown (I know Clay's a chameleon, but does his hair grow that fast? From the GLAAD awards to the weekend?) feet too small (also, not really, and I'm not being insulting because I think it's adorable, but not really "penguin-y" enough, although that doesn't really mean anything :laugh2:). But the clothes could be him and since we can't actually see the face... I'm with FromClaygary!

YIKES to the snow and other nasty weather conditions! Down here where I am it's a balmy, balmy 40-something. Or maybe upper-thirties, I don't know.

That is NOT Clay. But dang if he ever needs a stand in (excepting the feet of course) the job is his!!

ETA: My BOCA is here! Took me 3 days to find it. You would think if someone is checking your mail and putting it in the house they'd put it with the bills, the coupon, the junk mail. Something good..I had to do a search and find.

Nope, nope, not Clay, for all of the reasons stated above.

While the wind was howling and snow blowing back east where my family live, yesterday it was 20C away from the water here on the wet coast. We get 2 days of beautiful weather and then, just in time for the long week end, cloudy with showers and the possibility of a little sunshine on Friday and Monday.

I am so ready for warmer weather.

Luckiest1 and goldarngirl

Thank you so much for the time and skill you put in to making "The Best of Pala" vids. They're already burned to DVD and I had the pleasure of watching on my TV yesterday. So nice to revisit this performance and remember how excited I was to be downloading and watching all the Clack I could.

Oh I do miss concert Clay.

And for you lovers of images of Clay tongue, in RHW, there is cute one at 2:30 also he holds a note in that song for about 17 seconds on "chance".

Feet don't look big enough. :naughtywag:

yes, the shoes aren't long enough. So many things aren't right. The man looks shorter; his arms, his fingers and legs don't give you an appearance of being long and a little thin. The shoulders are a bit broad. The side of the face seems to show a part of a square jaw and hard cheekbones. The hair style and length is different. I can't even dream that the guy is Clay. The image doesn't give me the same feeling or sensing of Clay whenever he is there or on TV and in pictures. Take a heartbeat check. That can only be 'Clay Aiken' on a day he doesn't want to be recognized, a double or an impersonator!

And for you lovers of images of Clay tongue, in RHW, there is cute one at 2:30 also he holds a note in that song for about 17 seconds on "chance".

Thank you, Lotus! So nice to know they are being watched and appreciated. The whole RHW performance cracked me up...loved the running entrance, LOL. The man was sure funny that night. Next up - Asheville!

I just watched the preview of ANTM and had to listen again to make sure of what I was hearing. Clay says "This is the House of Aiken de la Clay".

Now la is the feminine form of the. I am wondering if that was deliberate or just that Clay doesn't know any French except "a la mode".

Then again, maybe the gender of the word clay is feminine. Any speakers of French reading here?

I know we analyze stuff within an inch of its life - but really? Speculating why he would say 'de la Clay?' That's a stretch even for us. I'm guessing because it sounded like de Laurenta (as in Oscar). Oy. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

I suspect one needs a pretty fair grasp of French to understand the distinction between le and la.

I can't imagine there's a hidden meaning there.

Even the French sometimes use the wrong article.

Since de la Renta is Spanish he could be a Spanish designer or de la Hoya a Spanish fighter....oh wait Clay's a lover not a fighter!

I think there is plenty of evidence that Clay is a fighter when it comes to what he thinks is right.

Ahhh, but perhaps he was saying la clé (the key) in which case "la" would be correct! The House of Aiken de la clé (of the key). Makes sense to me....I'd like a key to Aiken's house.

Ya gotta consider these things from all angles, people. Clay always knows what he's doing! ;)

hey people I was just trying to be funny there, which is why I said probably the only French Clay knows is a la mode as in "I want my apple pie a la mode".

Tsk...tsk...y'all are all wrong...the man probably did say "de le Clay"...y'all just couldn't get past that NC vocal tang! Especially if his French pronunciation is anything like his Spanish...

"Le or la" I could care less. Since I did not take one ounce of French in school. All I know, that he is adorable, and I watched that clip more times than I care to admit. Can not wait for tomorrow.

hey people I was just trying to be funny there, which is why I said probably the only French Clay knows is a la mode as in "I want my apple pie a la mode".

I got it :)

"Le or la" I could care less. Since I did not take one ounce of French in school. All I know, that he is adorable, and I watched that clip more times than I care to admit. Can not wait for tomorrow.

Why is something happening tomorrow?

Tomorrow is Clay's guest appearance on ANTM. :)

Tomorrow is Clay's guest appearance on ANTM. :)

Thanks I was just kidding. It will be the one & only episode of that show I watch.

Anna I think I saw your puppy on a commercial for Pet Smart today.