Thread Title  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What is ournext thread title?

• You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken
    • Clay Aiken - Luxuriously Enticing
    • The House of Aiken de la Clay
    • I'll take Clay any day
    • Our cool boyfriend and his thudworthy thighs
    • Those boys!! Double the CUTENESS / Double the FUN!

Love the reports...do I tape the first or second episode of ANTM.

First, Couchie.

Love the reports...do I tape the first or second episode of ANTM.

First, Couchie.

thanks annabear..can't wait to see it... and I have relatives that watch this show religiously. I'm sure my mom will get a review tomorrow LOL.

I am so jellus of y'all who can watch it ... I have to wait for it to appear on YouTube or CU.

Right now I am just dying to hear that laugh... it always lifts my spirits. I need to record it and play it every now and then for no reason at all!

Congrats Fear!

OMG, of all the things I've done for Clay, watching this excruciatingly boring show and sitting through 1000 commercials takes the prize. Clay is wonderful, but ACK!!!!!

One of the perks of living on the wet coast is that by the time a show like ANTM is on here, I can just d/l the Clack and skip all the commercials.

I hope she got a bump in her ratings tonight.

That's all, except Clay was great, yummy in fact, there was just not enough of him and I got really PO'd when Tyra was blocking my view of him.

As for ANTM, yep, ACK it is.

OMG, of all the things I've done for Clay, watching this excruciatingly boring show and sitting through 1000 commercials takes the prize. Clay is wonderful, but ACK!!!!!

No kidding... we had the series here at one time, I have no clue if it is still on. In fact, I had no interest in Tyra until that Clay interview in 2006 which I watched so many times. The only way to watch that show is to treat it totally as an OTT comedy. I hate it almost as much as I hate those beauty pageants for little girls, which I consider to be child abuse. I don't care how much a little girl loves it, ADULTS run the shows and ADULTS take those babies to those soul-destroying shows to be paraded like the meat market.

KAndre, that makes about as much sense in English as it does in French.

Or German.

Or Latvian.

*g*

ETA:

v.v.nice banner!

Cotton... I have missed you... come back to us! :BlowKiss:

I also have a difficult time watching this show but for Clay I watched. I did turn it off after the first episode with Clay.

He was funny in the acting challange but it isn't the type of role I would picture him being comfortable playing every week. I see him playing a goober although he is not one in real life. I think he thinks he is one however.

But as a judge he was superb. I would love to see him on Iron Chef America.

FWIW I did agree to take the job. I can do a big part of it remote from home.

Fear.... congrats... from home, too. That's great!

Can't wait for the DLs.

Thanks guys for the congrats! Hope I didn't oversell myself. :27:

Add me to the group that just isn't into ANTM. It's interesting for what it is but I can't stand the back stabbing and bickering. The actual photography and acting parts were pretty good. And, of course Clay.

Now on to 30 Rock. My oldest son told me he loves the show. So someone else in the family will see the episode Clay is on.

Now my son has disposed of his tv as an extra useless box in his home. He watches all TV on his computers. Because he is self-employed he has a bank of computers and monitors but has designated one as his TV and put the monitor in the living room. I can't wait to see the next evolution of entertainment. :goaround:

Good Morning Everyone,

Well, I did manage to stay up and watch ANTM last night; I was afraid I would fall asleep right in the middle of it! Not a fan of reality shows at all and to be honest, if Clay had not been on the show, I would have changed the channel after 5 minutes. I did enjoy the acting challenge; just wish it had been longer. I thought Clay did a great job, some of the girls not so much...I do think London was the best. So, I admit, I did change the channel between the acting challenge and the judging...Clay was great as a judge; I thought he was very fair and gave good constructive criticism.

Didn't mind the eyebrows...thought he looked fabulous. I did have to laugh when Tyra was talking about wearing the same clothes to Allison...so reminded me of Clay! Will have to go download the clips so I can watch again!

12 Days until Clay receives hid Family Equality Council Honor!

:yahoo:

18 Days until Clay is at Rosie's Benefit!

35 Days until Clay is Rockin' 30 Rock!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Of course, I loved Clay last night on the show. I thought he did his criticisms quite well, and I think he looked marvelous.

And, sad life that I have, I'm kind of interested in the show now. I agree with claytonic, if you look at it as an OTT comedy, I think it works. LOL! I won't make a habit to tape it, but I can see trying to get it on the computer once in a while, at least with this set of contestants. I thought Celia was fascinating.

Fear, I've read of other people that have given up their TVs and now only use their computers. There's still shows out there you can't get for free (AI being one of them), but there's so much out there, even sports. Another change is coming, my friends.

And congrats on the new job!

I have a question about reality shows. I know AI is shown in "real time". There is actually a week between episodes. Does anyone know the schedule for other reality shows like ANTM, the Apprentice, Amazing Race etc. etc?

I don't watch a lot of them, but it seems to me that they could film two, maybe even three episodes a week. Because of the learning curve, I would guess that SYTYCD and DWS are done in real time. Any thoughts?

Good Morning, FCA! :BlowKiss:

An easy week with many students on spring break has been quite eventful and expensive. My bad battery turned out to be the alternator. At least it died just as I turned into a service station to ask about a light on the dashboard. I never made it to the dental appointment and ended up spending a chunk of money. :cry4:

My feelings exactly! :lol:

Congratulations on the job, Fear! :bier:

Thinking of you and sending good vibes, Scarlett. :hugs-1:

Y'all have a wonderful weekend! :big hug:

Caro listen.gif

lilyshine, the only one I can speak about is Amazing Race, and honestly, that one is a bit hard to judge. I do know that they give each team a 12 hour mandatory rest period, but the rest of their racing totally depends on where they are going and how long it takes to get to each spot, not to mention how long it takes a team to do the challenges. My guess is that each leg takes about 36 hours or so. I believe I've read that the entire show is filmed over about 5-6 weeks, and with 14 teams...sorry, it's too early in the morning to do the math.

Survivor always gives the days on the island, if I remember correctly, so I think they do tribal councils every 3 days. That would be my guess for shows such as ANTM too. (You gotta give some time for everyone to go back to the house/camp and bitch at each other!)

I have a question about reality shows.
I know AI is shown in "real time".
There is actually a week between episodes. Does anyone know the schedule for other reality shows like ANTM, the Apprentice, Amazing Race etc. etc?

I don't watch a lot of them, but it seems to me that they could film two, maybe even three episodes a week. Because of the learning curve, I would guess that SYTYCD and DWS are done in real time. Any thoughts?

I don't know about American Idol since I've never watched it at the same time as the "main" audience but Oz Idol isn't live/real time. Rather, it's live-to-air, which means it is taped live, tidied up, then broadcast.... this gives them a level of control. I must admit I assumed it was the same for AI.

ilyshine, I imagine reality shows really need the week. They aren't like scripted shows with professional actors, where they are set up to tape several episodes at a time.

ETA: I just read ldyjocelyn's post, you could be right, I haven't watched any of those shows (other than Idol, SYTYCD etc) except I did watch a little bit of Survivor Aust. I don't know enough about them really.

Thanks for the answers. It made me wonder seeing the models eat Thanksgiving dinner, plus we know the general time-frame that Clay did his taping. I'd guess that in a show like this a lot of the time is spent in editing to get the juiciest bits and making sure that the model going home always has a piece saying that she's the best in that episode!

Scarlett , I hope you make a full recovery very soon! We will miss you until you are back up to speed again. :BlowKiss:

Congratulations on the new job, Fear! It sounds like a great arrangement.

Speaking of arrangements. I've finally completed making the arrangements for the dog and me to fly to Canada next week...though it ended up being the Monday of the week after that. No easy task to get a critter out of Baku, as I found out, but the travel agent came through....and I won't have to take him by the leash and walk him out through Iran (Georgia's too hilly).

We got back, Tuesday morning, from Copenhagen. We got a house in a small town north of the city. It has a pool. The pool has no heat......ponder the irony of that one for a while. We should get 6 weeks out of it in the summer. But, unheated pool notwithstanding, I'm happy with the house and have come back to Baku in full moving gear.....well, sort of....I haven't actually done anything yet. But I did look into a closet or two. The movers will be here one week from today to pack.... :scream: Time to decide what I can live without for the next couple of months.

Denmark was quite lovely, though. I think I am going to like brushing my teeth with tap water again.

And broadband internet! I finally got to watch Clay on ANTM.....it took 3 hours for the large wmv file to downoad with my tied-together-like-shoelaces-over-the-road "fast" phone connection. I thought he was great!! Adorable!! Handsome!! Funny!! Can't wait for 30 Rock.

Kareneh, I don't know how you do it. I am getting hives just thinking about this weekend and having to pack my whole kitchen into boxes before they start demolishing it on Tuesday. *shudder* And then I got to thinking about my internet connection and how the phone line that keeps it functional runs along the wall that we are ripping out. Eeeeep. Must.find.new.spot.quick.

Clay was awesome. I just wish they had shown the full clips with each girl... you know how Clay changes things up each time he does something, so we would have gotten 8 different looks, etc. Dang them!!! :cryingwlaughter:

He was great as a judge... he does it so well, I wonder if he'll get other guest judge offers now???

kareneh... Bring 49 of those little heaters you put in a coffee cup to heat liquids and get yourself a heated pool... :cryingwlaughter: Except for the moving part, I imagine you'll really enjoy being in Denmark a whole lot!

Argh, FromClaygary, sooooo jellus.....I'm stuck here at work with nothing to do. Seriously. I have a large computer manual I can read to kill the time (ASP.NET for the geeks) , but that's about it.

I love, love, love all the little blog comments I'm seeing around the boards by people who aren't Clay fans but who liked or appreciated his acting and judging last night. Gosh, it wasn't really that long ago when many fans didn't believe he could act. :o

An example, a blog brought over to CV:

The girls were then given a script and had to act out a scene with none other than…Clay Aiken!!! **screams like a girl while rolling my eyes** Okay, okay…I admit, I like Clay Aiken enough. But I don't really think it was as big a deal as the show made it out to be. I'll give you this, though. The man can act. I bet it was fun working opposite him