Thread Title  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What is ournext thread title?

• You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken
    • Clay Aiken - Luxuriously Enticing
    • The House of Aiken de la Clay
    • I'll take Clay any day
    • Our cool boyfriend and his thudworthy thighs
    • Those boys!! Double the CUTENESS / Double the FUN!

From TWOP:

I was pleasantly surprised that Clay Aiken was...quite good. Right now I'd swap him for Miss J on panel, whose gimmicks are best appreciated in small doses. Hell, I'd swap Tyra at this point if she wasn't so scary!

Only watched his parts LOL

I'll bet you did! :cryingwlaughter:

I watched Clay this morning. THought he was great and looked fabulous!! Only watched his parts LOL. Have a great day everybody.

waves to Cotton....loved seeing you!

Me too, only watch his parts lol!

Although ANTM isn't everyone's cuppa, I love it as a guilty pleasure, and because my daughter loves Tyra too if she's home we watch it together. OTOH, I'm happy to give AI or Survivor a pass - different strokes! I loved every single minute that Clay was on last night.

For anyone that's never watched it before, what's missing when you watch an episode so far into the season is each girl's backstory, along with the transformations they go through by the second episode. The girls all have their reasons for auditioning to get on the show, unlike kiddie pageants where the little ones are pushed by their parents. Tahlia, who got the boot last night, is probably the best example. What you didn't see is that she has burn scars across her torso and along her arms, and pushed herself to model. The show gets good ratings and I doubt it would be into it's 12th season if it didn't do well.

If I want more intellectual tv, I turn to the CBC or PBS.

I thought he was just adorable last night!! His thoughts & opinions of the girls appeared to be spot on. I think Clay is a pretty good judge of character & it really showed last night. He looked really good ( love the sideburns ). Couldn't you just eat him with a spoon!! :hubbahubba:

I watched with my 9 year old GS & told him to try to be quiet so I could watch my boyfriend. He watched very closely for a while & looked at me & said" Nani, isn't that what they call cradle robbing?? :cryingwlaughter:

They have a slideshow and video posted on CANN now from the show. Also. a video of I Can't Make You Love Me from the Juke Box Tour.

http://www.claynewsnetwork.com/

merry... thanks for the link. I went there and for some reason, on my screen, it is black print on black background. I highlighted the print so I could read it. I can't imagine them doing that on purpose, so I figure it's my computer settings.

I hoped they would have clips, but not yet. Just screencaps... which Tyra called screensnaps last night, unless I misunderstood her... which is entirely possible. :cryingwlaughter: So, if I did hear screensnaps, are we saying it wrong or did Tyra???

cha cha... I bet each girl got to do that, but we only saw the one. I do wish we could have seen each girls complete acting challenge with Clay. Dang! As someone said... you can never get enough Clay Aiken! :tasty:

Yah, but he wouldn't be if he was wearing the heels that they are... which, personally, I would be rather interested in seeing. :laugh2:

LOL! This is totally unconnected to the conversation at hand, but I find it totally hilarious. I just posted that "Kelsey Thacker is stuck in this place putting one foot in front of the other foot, maybe today I'll let this be over and done..." as my status message on Facebook (because I have been feeling as though I'm in a rut lately) and one of my friends commented to tell me not to commit suicide. I think it's definitely the first time I've seen possible suicide derived from Clay Aiken lyrics.

:hahaha: Imagine if I'd used "I'd make up my mind if I could / and leave this all behind me for good / I get so tired of trying..."

From Notacanuck at CH, who does a fabulous job of finding things,

Not sure if this has been posted already. This is a great blog entry.

Clay Aiken: Normal, Humble, and Eloquent on ANTM

Clay is the guest judge, and his criticism basically consists of telling each of the girls whether or not she is willing to step outside her box. But he’s so normal (ahem, Miss J), humble (ahem, Tyra), present (ahem, Nigel), and eloquent (ahem, Paulina) that I kind of wish he were on panel every week.

There are also a couple of videos of Tahlia in an exit interview, and in the 2nd video she says some very nice things about Clay.

If you just want to see the video, it's here on YouTube:

Ha ha, yes, FromClaygary!

And, on another entirely unrelated note, I am curious, how is Jerome's name pronounced? Is it like Jeh-rome, or pronounced like Jeremy? I met a guy once who spelled it Jerome but it was pronounced like Jeremy.

Ha ha, yes, FromClaygary!

And, on another entirely unrelated note, I am curious, how is Jerome's name pronounced? Is it like Jeh-rome, or pronounced like Jeremy? I met a guy once who spelled it Jerome but it was pronounced like Jeremy.

It's Jeh-rome. :)

Jerome pronounce Jeremy? Bwahahaha! Maybe on the French side of his family. Maybe.

I once knew a Texas family named Garcia who pronounced their name GAR-sha. Never did figure that one out.

I once knew a Texas family named Garcia who pronounced their name GAR-sha. Never did figure that one out.

I've never heard Garcia pronounced that way either but it occurs to me that my sister, Patricia, went with Tricia as a nickname. We pronounced it Tri-sha (not sure how to show the i so it's not pronounced like try) but same concept. It wasn't Tri-see-a. Funny, like funny weird, how it works, I guess.... :shrug:

Clay is the guest judge, and his criticism basically consists of telling each of the girls whether or not she is willing to step outside her box. But he’s so normal (ahem, Miss J), humble (ahem, Tyra), present (ahem, Nigel), and eloquent (ahem, Paulina) that I kind of wish he were on panel every week.

There are also a couple of videos of Tahlia in an exit interview, and in the 2nd video she says some very nice things about Clay.

Didn't she say that she would like to meet him again? I feel happy when people get to like Clay. I wish many more would appreciate him.

Didn't she say that she would like to meet him again? I feel happy when people get to like Clay. I wish many more would appreciate him.

The people who don't are so vocal that sometimes I think we get the wrong impression. These models--Thalia and Fo and Paulina for sure--just absolutely adored him. They all looked really excited to see him. So pffffttt to the haters. I think they're a minority that's getting smaller all the time.