Thread Title  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What is ournext thread title?

• You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken
    • Clay Aiken - Luxuriously Enticing
    • The House of Aiken de la Clay
    • I'll take Clay any day
    • Our cool boyfriend and his thudworthy thighs
    • Those boys!! Double the CUTENESS / Double the FUN!

What a day! My friend came for a visit and we talked about Clay while listening to his music. Then we had a conference call with my friend and her family in Dunn, NC. Her supervisor is a Claymate who brings to work a photo of Clay. I hope to get in touch with her soon. Oh, the things we do for the love of Clay....

th_Bunny1b.jpgHappy Good Friday, FCA!

Greetings to all our newcomers! :welcome:

From Carolina's exciting NCAA championship win and Clay's appearance on America's Next Top Model to some quirky luck with my ongoing car troubles -- it's been quite a week. The latest Carolina On My Mind blog covers those topics as well as a youthful take on Good Friday.

In addition to photos about/from the show, there are clickable Clay/Kai graphics by Amazing_CA and Ashes. Hope you enjoy! Thank you for your visits and comments in the Clay Blogs. :friends:

For members of Twitter, the (good) MJsBlog ("Normal, Humble, and Eloquent") is now a member if you'd like to follow. :)

th_Easterbasket3.gif

A very blessed Passover and Easter Weekend to all!

Caro listen.gif

Via
claystuck
at CV:

ANTM_4.jpg

OMG he's a midget next to those lanky ladies!!

ETA: That reminds me, the best quip that came out of the Kidman-Cruise divorce was when Nicole told Letterman (I think it was his show) that she can now wear high heels again.

Greetings from Madison, Wisconsin! My husband and I are away for the weekend, just to get away from it all. It feels pretty nice.

Love that new picture of the group. He looks happy, the girls look happy...I'm happy.

I work with someone who pronounces is "Gar-sha." I don't understand it either.

clayzy, I saw your facebook thing too!

jmh, I agree with you on the "vocal" people. It can be hard to turn them off, but ignoring seems to work.

Have a good day everyone!

Good Morning Everyone,

11 Days until Clay receives his Family Equality Council Honor!

:yahoo:

17 Days until Clay is at Rosie's Benefit!

34 Days until Clay is Rockin' 30 Rock!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Loved the ANTM appearance. There's nothing else in the world quite like the Cliggle. Makes me smile just thinking about it. I really got the impression that the girl's and Paulina's excitement over Clay was real. He was funny and insightful and kind, and GORGEOUS!!!

That photo is wonderful! Those are some tall gals - and four inch heels don't hurt either. Amazing what people focus on :hahaha:

*affects best Oliver Twist voice* Please sir, I want some more...

Greetings from Madison, Wisconsin! My husband and I are away for the weekend, just to get away from it all. It feels pretty nice.

Love that new picture of the group. He looks happy, the girls look happy...I'm happy.

jmh, I agree with you on the "vocal" people. It can be hard to turn them off, but ignoring seems to work.

Some are hard to ignore but there are more we can add and persuade, those undecided and without any favorite.

By the way, does anyone here think Clay sound like the late John Denver when speaking (not singing)? This heartbroken lady over Scott MacIntyre's elimination was finding comfort in listening to old songs when she chanced upon an interview of the country singer. She said he reminded her of Clay Aiken.

I've been playing around at Sally's lately....mostly because I have other more important things to do and I like to go all perverse on myself. The latest babble is here Sally Rand McNally. I just didn't feel like shedding old papers today or packing clothes. I refuse to let a bunch of guys try to fold my clothes into a box, so I had them drop off boxes and I'll do it myself. When our things got here last summer they were in quite a state and there won't be any maid in Denmark to fix it this time. Hmmph! Cinderella gets a pool and it looks like she'll be using it to fill the steam iron. Someone in this household needs to remember that ironed socks and underwear are not the norm for most people. I mean, seriously, if I can give up nicely pressed dish towels :cry4: , he can do without creases in his MacGregor's. :o

What a day! My friend came for a visit and we talked about Clay while listening to his music. Then we had a conference call with my friend and her family in Dunn, NC. Her supervisor is a Claymate who brings to work a photo of Clay. I hope to get in touch with her soon. Oh, the things we do for the love of Clay....

But what fun to make new friends through Clay!!!

Kareneh, gosh! But what a gorgeous dog! So worth it.

I enjoyed the driver's license blog as well--but wow, no joy for you! What a lot of effort to get a license! I think Japan has similar rules. I did without a car for 2 years there. Denmark probably has lovely trains, just as Japan does. I know the Netherlands does, and the look of the place in your photos reminds me of the Netherlands. People there also bike everywhere. And the dairy products are so fresh and delicious! I don't envy you moving yet again.

I've been playing around at Sally's lately....mostly because I have other more important things to do and I like to go all perverse on myself. The latest babble is here Sally Rand McNally. I just didn't feel like shedding old papers today or packing clothes. I refuse to let a bunch of guys try to fold my clothes into a box, so I had them drop off boxes and I'll do it myself. When our things got here last summer they were in quite a state and there won't be any maid in Denmark to fix it this time. Hmmph! Cinderella gets a pool and it looks like she'll be using it to fill the steam iron. Someone in this household needs to remember that ironed socks and underwear are not the norm for most people. I mean, seriously, if I can give up nicely pressed dish towels :cry4: , he can do without creases in his MacGregor's. :o

Kareneh... you are amazing... not just the dog, but that driving test stuff boggles my mind. Do you have any hair left or have you pulled it all out! You should write a book on how to live outside the country in 25,000 easy lessons. :cryingwlaughter:

I don't think I've figured out how to live outside of the country yet....I'm just winging it as I go. I forgot to spell out the pronunciation of that fuzzy dog's name....it's Kenai....pronounced Keen-Eye.....it's the name of a town in Alaska where we used to live. He doesn't come from there, he's actually born and bred in Moncton, but I left it up to the kids to name him and this is what he got. Kenai has never been to his namesake town. It means "mouth of the river" in Athabaskan Indian. I betcha you all are excited to learn that, right?

Bear with me it's almost 2 in the morning and I'm so tired I'm beginning to get giddy. :hahaha: I should shut up now and go to bed.

He is a very good dog and he just celebrated his 11th birthday this week. He's worth it all for sure. We love him madly.

Denmark and Copenhagen have excellent trains and bike paths on all the major streets and then some. We are getting a company car though, so I think I'll make the attempt at the license. I have a feeling it will be me who passes first since John doesn't have time to go to driving school.....and he isn't the best at making time. After 60 days his Texas license will no longer be valid in Denmark. One of us is going to have to drive I think. What's really cool is that you can take your dog on the public transportation (and into restaurants). I saw a Yorkie eating Chicken McNuggets at a table in McDonalds when I was there. Here in Baku the neighborhood pups eat what they can find in the garbage. I have a lot of Alberta beef left in the freezer, so there is going to be some fine doggie dining out on the road come next week.

Some are hard to ignore but there are more we can add and persuade, those undecided and without any favorite.

By the way, does anyone here think Clay sound like the late John Denver when speaking (not singing)? This heartbroken lady over Scott MacIntyre's elimination was finding comfort in listening to old songs when she chanced upon an interview of the country singer. She said he reminded her of Clay Aiken.

that was one sad elimination :(

My mom use to say Clay reminded her of a mix of John Denver and Gomer Pyle.( I don't get the last one either). This was in his early interviews with the cute dorky glasses Clay.

ETA

don't know if this was posted already

Bonus footage of Top Model

http://www.cwtv.com/cw-video/americas-next.../?play=421-5535

It wasn't Tri-see-a.

So, your sister pronounces her name Pa-tri-see-a, not Pa-tri-sha?

Heh. No clearly I sucked at explaining what I meant.

She pronounces it Pa-tri-sha.

The point I was trying to get to was that Patricia, Tricia and Garcia all end the same but I don't know anyone named Garcia that pronounces it Gar-sha. Yet I don't know anyone named Patricia/Tricia that doesn't pronounce it Pa-tri-sha/Tri-sha... So it's interesting to me - I never even considered Garcia being pronounced like Patricia... :shrug: I know I'm doing a poor job saying what I mean... it's why I lurk more than post... :cryingwlaughter:

Anyway.......

Love the pic of Clay with all the girls... thought he did a great job on the show!

Denmark and Copenhagen have excellent trains and bike paths on all the major streets and then some. We are getting a company car though, so I think I'll make the attempt at the license. I have a feeling it will be me who passes first since John doesn't have time to go to driving school.....and he isn't the best at making time. After 60 days his Texas license will no longer be valid in Denmark.
One of us is going to have to drive I think.

How lucky for you they drive on the right hand side, unlike the UK and a number of other countries, including Australia. That is the oddest thing when you are used to driving on the 'wrong' side, and the driver's seat is also on the 'wrong' side!

What's really cool is that you can take your dog on the public transportation (and into restaurants). I saw a Yorkie eating Chicken McNuggets at a table in McDonalds when I was there. Here in Baku the neighborhood pups eat what they can find in the garbage. I have a lot of Alberta beef left in the freezer, so there is going to be some fine doggie dining out on the road come next week.

That DOES it!! I'm moving to Denmark!!!! Can you adopt me until I am old enough to fend for myself? :puppykiss:

TRIVIA ABOUT NUTS:

Nuts include almonds, brazil nuts, cashews, hazelnuts,peanuts, pecans, pistachios and walnuts. (Note that a peanut is technically not a nut at all--it's part of the legume family along with peas, beans and lentils, but most people still consider it a nut. It is not.)

Must be why Clay is not allergic to peanuts, because it 's technically NOT a nut.

Liney... I got this info from a website that I subscribe to about alkaline foods. It says all nuts are naturally acid-forming except for cashews and almonds ( :dancingpickle: my favorites), and that they should always be eaten raw, never roasted... as roasting increases the acidity of the nuts and destroys their nutrients. They gave nuts in general the big thumbs UP ... which is a relief since there are so many of us here... :hahaha: (For those who are wondering what the heck this is about, Liney mentioned in another thread that she lost weight without dieting but by simply switching to more alkaline foods, and there is a lot of info online to support this.)

It would be great if someone could rip that video ^ ^ ^ since it is not available for viewing in Canada. :cry4:

Pretty please?

Ask and ye shall receive!!! :clap:

Say thank you to VTclayfan. She is my hero...and official "ripper".

ANTM extra footage of Clay debriefing the girls:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/i4483o

ANTM extra footage of Clay debriefing the girls:

Clay de-briefed?!? :tasty:Shoves Reed out of the way....

Thanks muchly to VTclayfan and canfly172 for the rip.

Hey canfly please give my thanks to VTClayfan for the sendspace and thanks to you for bringing it here. It's a really cute segment. I hope Clay gets his talk show sometime. He is so knowledgeable on many subjects and comes across as sincere and thoughtful, at least to me.

I hope his jaw is healing as expected. Clay has been through enough anxieties in his life without adding a career threatening physical one. Did I ever say I hate some of those twitter tweets. Since when are they good and gawker is bad?

If I don't post again this weekend. I hope you all have a Happy Easter, a wonderful Passover and/or a fantastic weekend. :dancingnana:

It would be great if someone could rip that video ^ ^ ^ since it is not available for viewing in Canada. :cry4:

Pretty please?

Ask and ye shall receive!!! :clap:

ANTM extra footage of Clay debriefing the girls:[

http://www.sendspace.com/file/i4483o

Awoohoo!!! Thank ya! Who'da thunk we'd get to see Clay debriefing on tv some day? :hahaha:

ETA: Clay has a career threatening physical problem? Exactly how long have I been asleep?

Good Morning Everyone,

10 Days until Clay receives his Family Equality Council honor!

16 Days until Clay is at Rosie's Benefit! :yahoo:

33 Days until Clay is Rockin' 30 Rockin!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim