Thread Title  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What is ournext thread title?

• You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken
    • Clay Aiken - Luxuriously Enticing
    • The House of Aiken de la Clay
    • I'll take Clay any day
    • Our cool boyfriend and his thudworthy thighs
    • Those boys!! Double the CUTENESS / Double the FUN!

Email from Aron Hall regarding the COC Benefit:

Just a quick note to say:

Check out www.bubelaiken.org for all the information you need concerning the 2009 Champions of Change Gala to be held October 17, 2009 in Raleigh, NC!

While you’re there, don’t forget to watch the rehearsal videos with our dedicated dancers for the upcoming Dancing Like the Stars event April 26 at the Southern Women’s Show in Raleigh.

Have a great week!

Aron Hall

Director Services

Individual ticket sales start June 30.

Niiiiiiiiice banner.

I just tried to call the Mariott about the special hotel rate that is mentioned on the TBAF website but they don't seem to know what I am talking about. LOL I am gonna email Aron and ask him about it.

ETA: Aron said the rate will be available starting tomorrow!

Thanks for the video, Merrieeee..........yours has to be the only name I have to concentrate on when I'm typing, before I know it , I've overdone the e's. :cryingwlaughter: Anyway, I saw a Benehana video before but it was a little different from this one...there was a lot of "cycle" talk on the one I saw. This one's great too...he's such a clown at heart, I think!! :Iluvclaysbutt:

The new banner is "awesome" or should I say "eyesome"...naw, I shouldn't say that. Think I'll keep my day job. :cocktail:

This is an old video but there are some things i have not seen before:\Mo Rocca at Benihana

Niiiiice Banner!

merrieeee.... Thanks for bringing that Mo Rocca video. I don't remember the part about Faye not liking travel.

cindilu.... Love the new banner!!! :tasty:

Interviewing people for a position the next two days... wish me luck in finding the right person... like NOW! I got over 600 resumes for a job that only pays $16/hr... many from those who were earing twice that much. Sad!

Good Morning Everyone,

This was the first year I didn't watch The Ten Commandments; I decided to forego Moses and watch the Cubs...probably should have stuck with Moses!

3, 4, or 5 Days until Clay Explains all!

:yahoo:

Geeze..woke up to someone screaming the National Anthem. I'm not sure but I think it was the American Idol - young teen girl -- forget her name..who I have seen do it better.. maybe it wasn't her LOL. Who ever it was, tone it down a bit please.

LOL aikim at your post. I haven't seen Ten Commandments in at least 25 years (damn I'm old) and I remember my brother and I used to laugh at the acting and language but I enjoyed seeing it again. It used to be an annual thing..but dang it was so LONG.

As for Clay and his secrets.... la la la I don't hear you Clay. :cryingwlaughter:

Happy Monday.

Yeah, The Ten Commandments is a regular cheese fest of over-acting and bad acting, but it was just never Easter at our house unless we watched it!

Love the new banner...hmmmmm...if you have your computer in your bedroom he can "watch you in your room" or in Muski's case, a really kinky game of "I Spy"

Off to watch the Benihana video.

Kim

That is one killer banner!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!

When I was a kid, we always used to watch a thoroughly depressing Easter movie that had a little Mexican (I think) boy who gets stung by a scorpion or something.

Watching Charlton Heston act in any costume movie cracks me up too much to really get into the movie.

We saw Fast and Furious yesterday. I still lurve Vin Diesel, but in one shot, his wee little just-out-of-the-box, awkwardly placed desert boots made me giggle, but then seeing Paul Walker and Sung Kang (yum!) put me back in the proper frame of appreciation for hot guys.

Djs111, your siggie:

....a great lesson, to trust one’s instincts, because there’s a reason why you feel a certain way, and you don’t have to know the reason. If it’s there, it’s like falling in love […] you don’t have to think about those things. […] And my credo is to follow your instincts. Robert Altman.

reminds me a lot of the Mike Nichols article I linked yesterday:

...he trusts a lot in the unconscious. The point of all the preparation, he said, is to get to the point where you’re surprised. And, he added, “You want to keep doing it until you get to the thing nobody could have planned.”

During the filming of “Angels in America” for HBO, he recalled, he was amazed by Meryl Streep. “I said to her, ‘How did you ever think of making Ethel Rosenberg funny?’ And she said, ‘Oh, you never know what you’re going to do until you do it.’ ....

Ms. Streep said: “What makes Mike so great is one of the hardest things for people temperamentally drawn to directing. People who direct tend to want to be in control, and Mike’s gift is knowing when to take his hands off and just let it happen. [....] You can jump as hard as you want and the floor won’t give way.”

That banner is hawt!!!!!

Wonderful banner, cindilu2!

For those who are waiting, I've seen several people at CV mention that, calling later today, they were able to book at the Marriott or change their booking at the Marriott to the BAF rate of $119 for Friday and Saturday night ONLY.

Wonderful banner, cindilu2!

For those who are waiting, I've seen several people at CV mention that, calling later today, they were able to book at the Marriott or change their booking at the Marriott to the BAF rate of $119 for Friday and Saturday night ONLY.

I booked my room at that price for friday and saturday, sunday at $139. Now for the ticket!!!!

For those who were inspired by Susan Boyle yesterday, I clipped an mp3 of her song to download here, if anyone would like to have it. How lovely that this story made Yahoo's front page today! And my mom called a little while ago and in the course of the conversation asked me if I had seen the video. Someone had forwarded it to her. LOL

Oh, any good thoughts you guys can spare for my littlest dog, Jack, would be appreciated. He got out of the yard by unknown means and he was hit by a car. We'll know the full extent of his injuries tomorrow. Thank goodness he was wearing his name tag with my cell phone number, so I was able to get him to the vet very quickly. Nerve-wracking day for us.

Topic? Clay likes dogs. Clay likes Broadway. Bet he would like Susan. heh I thought it was great, yesterday, to see how many people were searching for and watching other Les Miserables videos because of Susan's singing "I Dreamed a Dream". You go, girl! :) I especially enjoyed the 10th anniversary live performance of the songs. Look for them. Very nice.

I must be living under a rock! I had no idea who Susan Boyle was, 00lsee, but I googled her after your post. Wow!! That was freaking awesome, and she is a hoot as well as a great singer.

((((hugs))))) for Jack.

And thanks for the banner-love, ladies. :bighug:

For those who were inspired by Susan Boyle yesterday, I clipped an mp3 of her song to download
, if anyone would like to have it. How lovely that this story made Yahoo's front page today! And my mom called a little while ago and in the course of the conversation asked me if I had seen the video. Someone had forwarded it to her. LOL

Thanks for the clip, everyone is talking about her, it made the news here on several TV news-type programs.

Added before posting: Just as I was about to send THIS post, a friend (I had sent the YT clip to - that ncgurrl posted) just sent me a text message thanking me for it and saying that 3 of her friends saw the clip on TV and mentioned it to her. (My friend is a singer herself).

ETA: You can access ncgurrl's post here,

http://findingclayaiken.invisionzone.com/i...40&start=40

it includes a link that gives Susan's background... which is extraordinary in a sad but inspiring way. One of her YT clips has had over a million views, and if you add the views of all the other clips of the same performance, it would total more than 2 million in 3 days.

Oh, any good thoughts you guys can spare for my littlest dog, Jack, would be appreciated. He got out of the yard by unknown means and he was hit by a car. We'll know the full extent of his injuries tomorrow. Thank goodness he was wearing his name tag with my cell phone number, so I was able to get him to the vet very quickly. Nerve-wracking day for us.

I am so sorry this has happened to Jack. It happened to my Jess when I first got her because she was always trying to get out. I saw the accident and screamed so loud the whole street heard. I will never forget the elation at being told by the vet that she was going to heal and be fine. The silver lining from that horrible experience was that she never forgot it, and never tried to get out of the gate after that without me, even if it is wide open. I am sending lots of positive light Jack's way, I just know how you are feeling right now. :puppykiss:

I'm sending good puppy vibes to you and Jack, 00lsee.

But my kitties? They look a little devious myself, so hopefully my good puppy vibes will overtake whatever they are thinking....

Topic? Clay likes dogs. Clay likes Broadway. Bet he would like Susan. heh I thought it was great, yesterday, to see how many people were searching for and watching other Les Miserables videos because of Susan's singing "I Dreamed a Dream". You go, girl! :) I especially enjoyed the 10th anniversary live performance of the songs. Look for them. Very nice.

I will send some positive healing waves toward Jack and to you for the stress you are under. Take care.

00lsee... healing vibes heading Jack's way and yours >>>>>

Do any of you know how to get background noise out of a audio file. A friend taped himself giving a workshop, but didn't know his microphone was tapping against his necklace until he listened. He's devastated and so is everyone who was hopeing for a copy, as it was a terrific workshop. If you know of someone who might know how, could you pass the request on and then the answer back, please. Thanks!!!

Good thoughts for your pup 00lsee. One of our cats was hit by a car 15 years ago when she was a kitten. She crawled around the house and pulled herself into the catdoor. We found her on a sofa in our playroom. Her will to live was so strong that she survived head and leg injuries. We still have her as a pet.

Two days closer to finding out why Clay needed a ticket. :cryingwlaughter:

Do any of you know how to get background noise out of a audio file.
A friend taped himself giving a workshop, but didn't know his microphone was tapping against his necklace until he listened. He's devastated and so is everyone who was hopeing for a copy, as it was a terrific workshop. If you know of someone who might know how, could you pass the request on and then the answer back, please. Thanks!!!

Funny you should mention that, I was thinking of Susan's audio clip and the applause in the background adds to the magic BUT the comments from Ant and Dec (the equivalent of Seacrest and the other guy in Idol Season #1) really annoy me. Simon thinks those two guys are superbly talented and there was a rumor at one time that Simon wanted them to take over American Idol, nothing more than a rumor but I almost had a fit. I'd rather Seacrest any day.

ETA:

<SNIP>

VIRGIN Susan Boyle’s BGT audition has been viewed 1.3MILLION times on YouTube — and now she’s getting offers from America.

Simon Cowell will give her a record deal whether she wins the show or not.

Source:

It is really MORE THAN 2 million views if you add up the numbers from the numerous clips of that one performance. I haven't added it up but someone else did.