Thread Title  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What is ournext thread title?

• You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken
    • Clay Aiken - Luxuriously Enticing
    • The House of Aiken de la Clay
    • I'll take Clay any day
    • Our cool boyfriend and his thudworthy thighs
    • Those boys!! Double the CUTENESS / Double the FUN!

00lsee , I am very sorry to hear what happened to Jack. Please let us know how he is doing.

Just a bit of personal news... I GOT A NEW JOB!! I start on May 4th. The position is an Office Tech for the local energy company, SMUD. Actually, its thru an agency as a contractor to start because SMUD is a civil organization and it takes a while to get on there permanently. But this is totally different from anything I have done before so I am pretty excited about it. I will be doing a lot of work in Excel and Access, and their in-house software. The position does require a lot of information management, organization and techy stuff, but I love that sort of thing so it should be good! At least I am crossing my fingers that it is!

{{{00lsee}}}, Here's hoping Jack will be fine.

Congratulations, claylove, on the new job. There's nothing quite as refreshing as starting something new! Bringing such great enthusiasm is sure to get you off on the right foot.

I see the Gala tickets are going on sale this week....well, the $1000 ones.....I was so sure I was going to go for it this year and get the big ticket. However, this week I don't have the energy figure out how to smooth the way to the cocktail reception and group photo....with the only working member of the household. (He's still fretting over the cost of living in Denmark). I have to admit, though, I can't justify it either. I may have to board the dog for 4 months.....But enough of that whining! I am thrilled to see the date up and I've got my hotel rooms booked and I can't wait to go see my friends again. It seems like so long! And that Clay guy will be there, too. And he'll sing to me and be funny.

Okay, back to my second last assignment of the semester and more semi-packing. Movers in two days! I am not exactly ready for this. Isn't weird how "off" you feel when your home is torn up? I want my books back in the bookcase where they belong!

Karen Eh..you are living the life!

Claylove..congrats on the new job. Maybe I should start looking for one again. heh.

00lsee...so sorry about your Jack!

For Twitter users, is this real name or fake name kind of place. I have a new Twitter project so guess I should at least know what it's all about. Crap.

Hee, good luck with that, couchie. I am going to hold off on Twitter for at least as long as I held off on Facebook. :P One's enough!

Congrats to claylove on the job!

{{{Jack & 00lsee}}} Please keep up informed, I hope he gets well quickly.

Thanks for the links to the Susan Boyle clip & background info, I had not heard about this....but that's my own fault, cuz I don't watch entertainment or news very often. I've been living in my little bubble, packing up my kitchen (I SO know what you mean Kareneh!) and playing with my puppy. I'm not sure how today is going to go, because she will be here alone when the guy starts knocking down cupboards and counters. I'm going to crate her up in my room away from all the action, but I'm sure she'll be scared. I plan to come home at lunch and see how things are going.

How many more days till Clay news, aikim? :cryingwlaughter:

Best of luck claylove, hope the job is all you want it to be. :ilovemypc:

I went to the doctor yesterday, a rare occurence for me, and found out I have oison oak not ivy. Don't ever, ever get it. It looks like those little oak tree sprouts. My first dose of prednisone is making me feel almost human again. So be careful out there. The garden is a dangerous place.

Hope you all have a great day today. :giveflowers:

Good luck with twitter couchie. My son's girlfriend tweets her comments into FB from her iphone. I am so old.

Good Morning Everyone,

Olsee Hope everything works out okay for Jack!

2, 3 or 4 Days until Clay Explains All!

:yahoo:

7 Days (1 week!) until Clay receives hid Family Equality Council Honor!

13 Days until Clay is at Rosie's Benefit!

30 Days until Clay is Rockin' 30 Rock!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I don't expect to actually do anything on Twitter other than see what it's all about for myself in order to do my project. I love Facebaook and haven't even checked that out for a couple weeks.

Cha Cha forgot to say that easter bunny photo cracked me up.

I keep getting these email messages about people following me on Twitter.....following me what? I tried to sign in once and I didn't even remember how. I don't even remember getting twitter-pated in the first place. Doesn't mean I didn't sign up.....I just have no recollection.

Sounds like fun, though.

I do believe I have neglected to comment on the eye appeal of the new banner. Great design! This is one of cindilu's creations, right? Smack me if I'm wrong.....sometimes I enjoy that.

Being wrong that is.... :cryingwlaughter:

I keep getting these email messages about people following me on Twitter.....following me what? I tried to sign in once and I didn't even remember how. I don't even remember getting twitter-pated in the first place. Doesn't mean I didn't sign up.....I just have no recollection.

Sounds like fun, though.

I do believe I have neglected to comment on the eye appeal of the new banner. Great design! This is one of cindilu's creations, right? Smack me if I'm wrong.....sometimes I enjoy that.

I am enjoying Twitter, it's a great way to keep track of my kids. I have mine set to 'private' so that I can control the exact number of people who can receive my updates. If you are set to 'public' then your 'tweets' get broadcast to anybody and everybody.

Anybody who wants to check it out can go to http://twitter.com/home - you can probably retrieve your password if you need to!

Couchie - that was my niece in the Bunny Suit! She is an event coordinator for her neighborhood and they had a big Easter Egg hunt over the weekend.

00lsee , I am very sorry to hear what happened to Jack. Please let us know how he is doing.

Just a bit of personal news... I GOT A NEW JOB!! I start on May 4th. The position is an Office Tech for the local energy company, SMUD. Actually, its thru an agency as a contractor to start because SMUD is a civil organization and it takes a while to get on there permanently. But this is totally different from anything I have done before so I am pretty excited about it. I will be doing a lot of work in Excel and Access, and their in-house software. The position does require a lot of information management, organization and techy stuff, but I love that sort of thing so it should be good! At least I am crossing my fingers that it is!

claylove.... congrats on the new job! What a great attitude. All I am getting is desparation and it's just sad.

YAY for the new job, claylove! :14:

Sending positive & healing thoughts for {{{Jack}}}, 00lsee. :puppykiss:

OOlsee, I'm hoping all the best for Jack's recovery. I have a Jack, too .... and an Oliver .... and a Lola. Jack is our only "pound pup" (a Schnoodle) and definitely the sweetest of all. Lola the new Shih Tsu puppy loves to lick my toes waaaay too much. Over the weekend, I was bent over the bathtub washing my hair and had a head full of soap and she starts licking the bottoms of my feet. I'm crazy ticklish and I thought I'd have a heart attack before I could get the towel!! Oliver is our graceful gentleman Golden Retriever.

Hearing about Reed's FB playing the song "You and I" sung by Michael Buble. That Stevie Wonder song is coming around a lot these days. First, I loved it originally on Talking Book ... still do. Then I was watching PBS last month when the President gave the Library of Congress Gershwin Medal to Stevie Wonder in the East Room with Stevie and others doing some of his songs -- the others included Tony Bennett, Paul Simon, Martina McBride and others. During remarks before the music began, Michelle Obama said that "You and I" was her and Barack's wedding song -- then in the course of the tribute to Stevie, Martina McBride sang "You and I" and it was soooo romantic.

Anyway -- Buble, Martina, and Mariah versions notwithstanding -- I still adore the original. And I was glad to find this YouTube of Stevie singing it -- and a great audio and visual version it is!

Thank you all so very much for the comforting words last night about my little dog, Jack. X-rays reveal a broken ischium, (labeled "Is") which is a non-weight-supporting bone of his pelvis. To learn more than you ever wanted to know about dog hips, click here. LOL He has a couple of other small fractures elsewhere in his pelvic region, but the vet advised against surgery, simply because this type of injury 'typically' heals on its own over the course of a couple of months. No other broken bones, no internal injuries, minor scrapes (poor doggie)...So, bottom line is, I got him a comfy floor-level doggie bed (he normally sleeps in a somewhat elevated basket) that I hope will be a good fit for him while he recuperates. Could have been much worse. Hopefully, he will heal quickly, as he is definitely the wiggle-worm of my pair of dogs. Jack is the small one, for the curious. :)

Anyway, that's the update. Thanks so much, y'all. I felt much calmer after all your hugs, although I think I drove the vet a little nuts today with all my what-ifs and questions. hee

Topic? Um...Clay likes dogs.

And though Clay has sported some interesting hair styles in the past, I don't think he's ever pulled this one, courtesy of Zac's GQ stylist. heh

Heheh, not wrong this time anyway, and thank you!

Hearing about Reed's FB playing the song "You and I" sung by Michael Buble. (Sorry, can't stands Buble)

Your Facebook page can play music? I didn't know that! Though I did see 'leaving, on a jet plane' on Reed's Myspace page :cry4:

From the CH:

Another Clay Tweet with a picture too:

annapiaia: http://twitpic.com/3bn6s - At the Peninsula for drinks. Diane Sawyer and Clay Aiken are across the room.

Am I being a total hypocrite when I say that I'm just not fond of all this twitter stuff, and yet post the picture? Yep.

I just like seeing him out and about though. Tyra last night, Diane tonight. Good for him.

from twitter

annapiaia: http://twitpic.com/3bn6s - At the ----- for drinks. Diane Sawyer and Clay Aiken are across the room.

There is also a picture if you go to the link.

Also earlier today there was a Twitter that Clay had dinner with Tyra last night.

Wonder what he is up to?

Kim

You know, I'm having a hard time with the distinction between Twitter and something like that Gawker Stalker thing. It's a little too close to 'real time' for me. I'm sure it's mostly harmless, but still, it rather creeps me out.

ETA: That ^^ is not a commentary about bringing stuff here at all. Just my opinion on the whole phenomenon and how it's become acceptable.

Honestly, I don't see this as being any different than paparrazzi pictures...we have had in the past, pictures of Clay walking down the street in L.A....there have been pictures taken from Facebook...pictures from a photobooth at a private party...no one seemed to have a problem with those; we even had banners made from them. The internet has changed life...there is no such thing as 100% privacy...Clay probably knows that better than anyone.

Kim

aikim, did you read my ETA? It's not about bringing things like that over at all. They are everywhere, about everybody. You weren't even the first one here with that one, lol. Just my personal thoughts on the whole thing. No sorry's neccessary.

ETA: I feel the same way about paparazzi photos when the celebrity is on personal time. Again, just my opinion - just like yours. And that is rather comparing apples and oranges. My comment was about Twitter being akin to Gawker, in that there are posts about what people are doing and where they are in real time.

I'm SO not a polls person, but this a new poll up on the AI home page. Question "Which is your favorite past movie week performance?" Choices are Ruben, Clay and Fantasia. Nice to see Clay there.

If Clay is on the poll list, I am always a poll-ho. I have to say in this instance that I also wanted to vote for Fantasia, her Summertime was breathtaking but the choice is always easy when Clay is on the list.

Anyway -- Buble, Martina, and Mariah versions notwithstanding -- I still adore the original. And I was glad to find this YouTube of Stevie singing it -- and a great audio and visual version it is!

Just brilliant, thank you!

Thank you all so very much for the comforting words last night about my little dog, Jack. X-rays reveal a broken
, (labeled "Is") which is a non-weight-supporting bone of his pelvis. To learn more than you ever wanted to know about dog hips, click
. LOL He has a couple of other small fractures elsewhere in his pelvic region, but the vet advised against surgery, simply because this type of injury 'typically' heals on its own over the course of a couple of months. No other broken bones, no internal injuries, minor scrapes (poor doggie)...So, bottom line is, I got him a comfy floor-level doggie bed (he normally sleeps in a somewhat elevated basket) that I hope will be a good fit for him while he recuperates. Could have been much worse. Hopefully, he will heal quickly, as he is definitely the wiggle-worm of my pair of dogs.
, for the curious.
:)

Thanks for the update, I have been thinking about you but somehow I felt very positive that the news would be good. In the case of my Jess, who was a rescue dog, the accident was the strongest glue and bonded her tightly to me. Everyone who meets her for the first time comments on how much she loves me. I found her easier to train after the accident because she became so eager to please me. Sometimes when bad things happen, good things come out of it and I am sure you will become even more special to Jack because you are clearly the kind of puppy-parent who doesn't think in terms of "it's just a dog". (I walk away from people like that). :puppykiss:

FearofH2O, that sounds just awful, I know what it's like to be 'assaulted' in the garden - I love being in the garden and my dog loves me being there even more - but I am seriously allergic to wasps! :cry4:

My favorite quip of the week (via Hollywood) has to be Madonna is hoping Malawi will show her a little Mercy.... :cryingwlaughter: