Thread Title  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What is ournext thread title?

• You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken
    • Clay Aiken - Luxuriously Enticing
    • The House of Aiken de la Clay
    • I'll take Clay any day
    • Our cool boyfriend and his thudworthy thighs
    • Those boys!! Double the CUTENESS / Double the FUN!

Yesterday, the movers were here. I sort of survived, though I was dizzy and light headed over dinner. :Imok: Things look brighter today. I've accepted that some of our things have been hijacked for ransom. I blogged about it at Sally's but left out a few good parts. I nearly had an apoplectic fit when I saw the truck that came to load our things. The guys were laughing at me because I was probably the first person who had come out of their house to take pictures of them loading up.....but I had news for them! I was laughing at their truck. I don't think one of them understood me when I took one look at it....said, "Holy Shit!! I have to get a picture of this!"

Kareneh, I enjoyed the whole blog, but I almost spit out my diet coke when I saw one of your pictures. They can juggle fruit now? :hahaha:

Good Morning Everyone,

I knew Clay would blog as soon as I went to bed...he always seems to, LOL! He is such a sweet man to remember such an anniversary and commemorate it...I think most wouldn't give it a second thought.

4 Days until Clay receives his Family Equality Council Honor!

:yahoo:

10 Days until Rosie's Benefit and hopefully Video of Clay!

27 Days until Clay is Rockin' 30 Rock!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I had gone to bed before Clay's blog as well...but my favorite reporter clued me in! :clap:

What a sweet blog! I'm in awe that a) he remembered at all, he IS a man! B) he obviously did something about it and c) to need the ticket, must have created/had created something special for them to remember the occasion.

I love him!!

I also love that he is letting us in on things like this in his "everyday"; which is what, really, "we" had wanted originally and requested over and over from his blogs. Now it's happening both on FB and in the blogs, and as long as it lasts, I'm thrilled!

HAHA! Look what "b bracket" does....how appropriate! I think I'll just leave it. :hahaha:

Since I'm biting my tongue at some comments on other boards, I thought I'd be a little positive. What does anyone think about another Beads for Life party at the Gala breakfast or are we all stocked up on them. The organization has grown amazingly and it is fantastic to see some of the workers owning their own homes in Uganda.

Maybe it's the wrong place or time at the Gala but here is the website so you can catch up on how they are doing. Seems to me that Clay wore a necklace for a while.

Beads for Life

I joined to add some stuff for Hugh Jackman's contest, and DL'd the "Tweet deck" like someone recommended......found the button to add a search for Clay...

You're ahead of me on Twitter because so far it's just been reading "breaking story" topics more than participating in "what I'm doing now," although most of my family is twittering away. I'd be interested to know how you added that seach for Clay in a little more detail. Are you getting results?

Thanks!

Desertrose ... I see a Floyd in our future.

ETA: Okay, figured out the Twitter Search -- and someone saw Clay at Legally Blonde in Durham last night. No grass growing under his feet. Or as John Lennon once wrote ... "No Flies on Frank."

I love Beads for Life!! I'm up for what the group wants to do as far as a party. I just purchased several items last week for friends with BD's coming up. One of my bff's travels a lot & always carries the jewelry bag I gave her last year. The colors on these are gorgeous!!

Has anyone else heard a number of Susan Boyle/Clay comparisons? I have, and I sort of agree, although I was more surprised by Boyle. Of course, that might have been because I'd already kinda/sorta "known" about Clay before I really flipped for him. Susan was just a shock and, really, I think she has a much more polished voice than Clay did when he first auditioned. :shrug: But whadda I know? :D

Is anyone else having problems getting into CV?

Kim

I can't get in either. I read yesterday that they have been having some problems.

Funny, I have no problem getting into the CV vault.

Karen I enjoyed your blog on the way in which Baku movers pack up, especially the kitchen. I hope you get your pictures and wall hanging back.

What is a BillyBoy? The picture on the box looks like a cartoon of a juggling penis!

Is anyone else having problems getting into CV?

Kim

I can't get in either. I read yesterday that they have been having some problems.

Funny, I have no problem getting into the CV vault.

Karen I enjoyed your blog on the way in which Baku movers pack up, especially the kitchen. I hope you get your pictures and wall hanging back.

What is a BillyBoy? The picture on the box looks like a cartoon of a juggling penis!

I can't get into CV either - I've been gone for two days and really, really need to get my fix.

All righty then. There were some conversations going on at CV that I wanted to catch up on. I just came here to see if anyone but me was having a problem getting in. I don't really "know" anyone here anymore, so guess I'll find somewhere else to wait.

Thanks for the input on Beads fo Life. I might just set up a party at the Gala. Since it's the day after the BAF function, it shouldn't take any money away from them. Seems like you just send back what you don't sell along with the money that you received for sold items. No personal profits are made. It just blows my mind that these people who might have slept outdoors now actually have homes and careers.

All righty then. There were some conversations going on at CV that I wanted to catch up on. I just came here to see if anyone but me was having a problem getting in. I don't really "know" anyone here anymore, so guess I'll find somewhere else to wait.

You are more than welcome to wait here. Sorry if I gave the wrong impression. The more the merrier!

Fear, I look forward to the beads!

Right you are, Lotus. That is a fruit juggling penis on a box of condoms. I had to do three passes up the cookie aisle, to the end cap at the front of the store, to take that pic without a big audience of Saturday shoppers. In the end, I had to accept that the girl giving out the Lipton tea mugs wasn't going on break and I was leaving town anyway.

Kareneh, your blog is very enlightening. Thank you for providing a window into another world.

I listened to Cry Me A River. It is unbelievable that is Susan Boyle. There is no accent... how can there be no accent??? Gorgeous, tho!

Amother instance of Jim Nabors and Gomer Pyle?

Here's another Susan Boyle link:

Has love found ‘never been kissed’ singer?

aikim, I'm able to log in CV now.

Kareneh, your blog is very enlightening. Thank you for providing a window into another world.

I listened to Cry Me A River. It is unbelievable that is Susan Boyle. There is no accent... how can there be no accent??? Gorgeous, tho!

Amother instance of Jim Nabors and Gomer Pyle?

Here's another Susan Boyle link:

Has love found ‘never been kissed’ singer?

aikim, I'm able to log in CV now.

I am in now too...apparently it was a glitch with their server. Hope they get the problem straightened out soon...lots of people who are having trouble getting in.

Kim

Wow! I listened to Susan sing Cry Me a River, and her phrasing is as wonderful as her voice!

This is the first time I have enjoyed listening to anyone but Julie London sing that song.

As far as the accent thing goes, I had read before that singing is not the same as speaking, brain-wise, which is why the Beatles did not sing with an accent.

this is from answers.com:

Vocal production for singing and vocal production for speaking come from different parts of the brain. for singers of the American/British background, the sounds which are created are often closer in proximity to each other, like if a Spanish singer were singing Portuguese, or vice versa...

People who stutter are often able to sing without issue due to this. And singers with other languages can overcome accents by using the international phonetic alphabet (IPA) for singing in English...and vis versa...

People like using pictures of his blonde days as fodder for making fun of him... And, yet, I kinda miss it. It was the hairstyle he had when I first became a fan, after all.

As far as the accent thing goes, I had read before that singing is not the same as speaking, brain-wise, which is why the Beatles did not sing with an accent.

This is very true with a few exceptions, and I cite Bulgarian Idol and the lady singing "Ken Lee", even rolling her R's.

I have a friend who is Hong Kong Chinese, and he has a very thick HKC accent, mixing his R's and L's and many people find it hard to understand him. However, if you were to close your eyes when he sings or laughs, you would NOT hear an accent. The irony is that despite his challenge with verbal English, his written English is miles better than the average 'native' English speaking/ educated person.

this is from answers.com:

Vocal production for singing and vocal production for speaking come from different parts of the brain. for singers of the American/British background, the sounds which are created are often closer in proximity to each other, like if a Spanish singer were singing Portuguese, or vice versa...

People who stutter are often able to sing without issue due to this. And singers with other languages can overcome accents by using the international phonetic alphabet (IPA) for singing in English...and vis versa...

Here is the first audition for UK Pop Idol contestant ....Gareth Gates...
0) but the judges are patient with him and are rewarded with a beautiful audition. He went on to be the runner-up to Will Young.

So... if there is no accent when we sing and laugh, perhaps we should all just stop talking and just sing and laugh....?