Thread Title  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What is ournext thread title?

• You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken
    • Clay Aiken - Luxuriously Enticing
    • The House of Aiken de la Clay
    • I'll take Clay any day
    • Our cool boyfriend and his thudworthy thighs
    • Those boys!! Double the CUTENESS / Double the FUN!

clayzy... :yeahthat: That People picture is to die for!

referring to the thing I sent about Clay and Ellen resembling each other,
I ONLY MEANT
that that's ridiculous, maybe the blonde hair for the minute he was blond, but the laugh was a scoffing laugh, like rolling my eyes and laughing...I guess that's hard to convey in a text...I don't think it was mean, I just sent it because I thought, "RIIIIIIGHT!!"Yeah, sure!!

I hope noone got pissed off that I sent it. Man, one sure needs to be careful what one says. I forget this.

Can I still play here?

Oh, I thought it was compulsory to piss-someone-off, otherwise you can't play... :BlowKiss:

claytonic... BWAH (my bolding) :cryingwlaughter:

And now for something completely different. A laugh or two for those of you who have computer problems every so often.

Hilarious! Reminds me of when I got my first desktop. It was a cheap Emachines which I thought I was getting free after a whole bunch of rebates. Of course the hook was that I had to subscribe to AOL for three years which actually meant that I was paying approximately $400 for my free Emachine. Live and Learn!

I was scared to death of that thing. It kept freezing on me, and then I had no phone because it was using my phone line. There were times that I actually thought of hitting the dam thing with a hammer because I needed my phone. I would go over to next door neighbor and use their phone to call my son to come help me with computer. Then I would have to suffer through the same scolding of "when are you going to listen to me and stop downloading junk?" (Clack Junk? How dare he?) Whenever my neighbors went out of town for the weekend, they would bring their cordless phone over to my house so that I would have a phone in case I screwed up my PC. Their Uniden cordless stayed charged for over three days. One morning I called them from my bedroom phone to see if they were back and could not figure our why their phone was ringing in my house. I had just woken up. I was regreting getting my "free" PC. I thought, that should teach me a lesson to not get stuff just because it is "free." Sorry to say that I still do, it although not as often. Bad habits ARE hard to break.

This went on for quite a while until someone told me "unplug your PC." How simple is that? Of course, I was afraid that I would break my PC doing that, but I got to the point that if it broke, I would be free at last. So I begin unplugging, and I unplugged a lot. That does fix a lot of stuff. With my laptop, I will take out the battery if it freezes on me. It has not happened yet, but I have learned that I can be brave and fight back when my electronics decide to take over. Take that! No power for you!

Desertrose... :hahaha::hahaha: and I didn't even have to go to youtube!

I'm supposed to be :chores009: and whatnot, but I thought I'd take a break and spruce up the thread instead. It's been sadly lacking in CUTENESS lately.

KellyServices_Paris.jpg

KCone.jpg

bottle... great juxiposition of Clay looking at Reed! :cryingwlaughter: That pic of Reed is :hubbahubba: He is one sexy guy. Glad he's hooked up with our sexy guy! What a twosome!

I remember the uproar when those pictures came out. Such critisizm he got on the boards over his wearing a cheap t-shirt with a streched neck. :cryingwlaughter:

What is it about popped collars that is so attractive? I love popped collars!

FromClaygary and Lucky...thanks for explaining the gala. I guess I just remember the nervousness on ticket buying day last year and for some reason I thought they had like 200 single tickets. How much are silver and gold tickets or do you have to buy those with a group? So Yay. I won't worry. So do most people come in just for the weekend. Do you get there early. What is there to DO in Raleigh and surrounding parts (rhetorical -- I'll look it up) cuz when I spend money to fly somewhere I like to actually stay for a bit and do some stuff. I may try to tie this to an Orlando vacation. I have an exchange week in my time share that I have to use before the year's end and maybe I can get the timing to work for it with the gala. Now off to see the weather patterns that time of year..it's been crazy lately with all the tornados and floods. Just give me my earthquakes, and firestorms - that's all I can handle. :cryingwlaughter:

I believe silver tickets are $1000 (10 at a table = $10,000) and gold are $2500 (25 at a table = $25,000)? Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure. I have never (nor will ever) be able to afford anything but the cheap seats, and even those for me are a stretch!

So you've never been given the Raleigh Clay tour? :hahaha: We did it once ourselves in 2004, and then again last year for Claymatron's benefit. Of course, that involves renting a car (or procuring one from a local. ;) ) Nothing stalkerish, of course, but there are landmarks like the RBC Centre, Clay's high school, the museum where his clothes are on display, the famous Krispy Kreme store on Peace Street, the mural on the outside of Faye's store, Dort N'Arena, etc etc etc. I'm sure there are other things of historical significance unrelated to Clay.....is the state fair going to be on this year at the same time as the gala? You can't miss the deep fried apples, twinkies, Mars bars and pickles. I'd skip the deep fried mac 'n cheese if I were you!

We're arriving on Thursday, and leaving either Sunday or Monday.

Good Morning Everyone,

2 Days until Clay receives his Family Equality Council Honor! :yahoo:

8 Days until Rosie's Benefit and possible video clack of Clay!

:yahoo:

25 Days until Clay is Rockin' 30 Rock! :yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Lots of interesting conversations, always is here at CF.

Susan Boyle. I am a little like jamar here. I found myself losing interest and i hadn't even heard her yet. And when I finally went to check out the youtube, i can't access you tube for some reason now on my laptop. Something about my Javascript being turned off or not having the flash player. Up until two weeks ago, I have always been able to access youtubes, not sure what happened. If anyone has an idea, can you share what I might be able to do?

I did manage to catch up with the video at work. Probably the tipping point is that a colleague told me she just sobbed when she heard her sing. As i can't imagine this person so emotional i had to check it out. My thoughts were good voice but I guess I am not surprised that someone who is older/ordinary looking/awkward would have a good voice. I think we have been so conditioned to need the whole package. To be fair, if I had been in the audience and not prepared for what I was about to hear I might have been blown away too.

I wonder what a sociologist would say about the SB phenomenon. Is it that people like to root for the underdog? As some have suggested here, perhaps it is the depressed economy and the positive lift she has brought many. Still, she is everywhere as couchie noted. People want to see/know/hear more. I can't hear her "Cry Me a River" due to the puter issues talked about above.

I also wonder if the judges are unaware of the talent that will be brought before them. I remember Simon saying about AI that he has pretty much made up his mind about what he is going to say when he hears them rehearse/dress rehearsal. The actual show is live, he wants to be prepared. Someones when there is a disconnect between what he says and the actual performance is that the live performance differs wildly (good or bad) from the dress rehearsal.

I love the Kenneth Cole pictures. He looked so happy in alot of them-alot of pics available from that night-but he later said in a 2006 people article that he was terrified that night. Our bf can sure mask those emotions. Back then I had fantasies that Clay and yellow sweater girl were an item. Even in that pic up there, he is leaning into her. She seemed pretty, intelligent, cool, fun. Just the kind of special someone I wanted for Clay. Of course i knew nothing about her, just my own fantasies. I also remember a fan video of him on the Early Show and she was helping him prep. (She is/was an assistant producer for the show?) You could tell that she really enjoyed him, and he seemed very comfortable with her.

merimeee, I was in London only twice for two glorious visits. I loved the pub fun. And I don't like my beer ice cold so I was very happy.

And when I finally went to check out the youtube, i can't access you tube for some reason now on my laptop. Something about my Javascript being turned off or not having the flash player. Up until two weeks ago, I have always been able to access youtubes, not sure what happened. If anyone has an idea, can you share what I might be able to do?

I had the same problem with my laptop using Wyzo browser. So I tried pasting the url to Google Chrome and it worked and continues to work while Wyzo continues to reject all YouTube links.

Aikim

I just wanted to tell you that I would never have a clue in hell what was going on and would probably miss half of Clay's appearances if it weren't for your daily updates.

Thanks.

I ditto Wandas thoughts Aikim :BlowKiss:

It's been an interesting week in Clay land - well as good as it could be without tours/ appearances.

I have just caught up since we went away over Easter to Sabah ( in Malaysian Borneo). It was a last minute decision since our planned visitors had to cancel. Had a lovely time - the boys are at a good age for travelling, 11 & 14. We saw orangutans and other monkeys, toured around and spent some time being waited on around the hotel pool. My kind of holiday!

My computer is on a go slow til the end of the month so I can't wait to get all the clack of ANTM etc!

Hugs to all the sick and /or poison plant affected!!

Catching up after a long wet Saturday driving around town with Solo, a very yummy Cajun seafood dinner last at Floyd's with merrieeee and Solo -- great recommendation, keepingfaith & desertrose -- and a very interesting speaker phone conversation among KAndre, Solo, merrieeee and me while Solo was navigating the hazards of1960, like random people in dark clothes casually strolling across the street mid-block against the traffic lights.

Beryl, I hadn't heard Lea's

before this but now it's my favorite version. I still like Susan Boyle and I plan to follow her on YouTube because I think she's very talented but as a Les Mis fan, I love the Bryant Park version because it's true to the song and the show.

And thanks to bottle for bringing back the Kenneth Cole pictures -- yum!!! I believe that event was also at Bryant Park, wasn't it?

:nature-smiley-014: Good morning to all!

On topic:

:Iluvclaysbutt:

The tickets for a Silver or Gold table are the same - $1000. A Silver table is 5 people and they'll seat you with another Silver group to fill the table. A Gold table is 10 people and I believe you get better seating.

There is a another table that costs $25,000, $2,500 each, and you get the best table location and individual pictures with Clay.

ETA: What kind of mural is on Faye's building? I've never heard about that.

I believe silver tickets are $1000 (10 at a table = $10,000) and gold are $2500 (25 at a table = $25,000)? Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure. I have never (nor will ever) be able to afford anything but the cheap seats, and even those for me are a stretch!

See Thankful's note below...she's correct.

Yes, Couchie, you have to do the historic tour! At this point, we're arriving on Thursday also and leaving Tuesday; maybe we can plan to do something together. I don't think me myb has ever done the tour, and I'll have a car.

thanks, claytonic, I will give it a try. I do think it is browser related.

Honestly, I doubt it....I think you just need to update your Java! That will happen every now and again, and you'll be notified just as you were.

Sun Microsystems You'll see it to the left there. It's a free download.

Here is a picture we took last October of the mural (Clay looks like a singing waiter, LOL). Thanks for correcting me about the gala seats, I knew I'd probably have it mixed up!

post-212-1240154408_thumb.jpg

Here is a picture we took last October of the mural (Clay looks like a singing waiter, LOL). Thanks for correcting me about the gala seats, I knew I'd probably have it mixed up!

Remember, Clay WAS a singing waiter! :lol: LOVE the pic!

I think the whole Susan Boyle thing is...interesting. I do see it as bit of a sociological experiment, at how people are conditioned to expect that someone who isn't a stunning looking thing cannot also be talented.

I'll admit to putting off watching the clip for quite a while, because I can also be somewhat a little like jamar and cagney. I still haven't seen "Forrest Gump" to this day, and when I finally saw "Titanic" (after 3 years), I was like -- "that's it?" I wasn't blown away to tears by Susan's voice, but as I said earlier, I think the audience reaction is the most interesting thing.

Do I think she'll get media overexposed? Sure. That's what happens with almost every phenomenon like this. However, I give a little slack to the people who are overboard for her at the moment. Why? Because I can now somewhat put myself in the shoes of someone who, in 2003, was probably sick of Clay Aiken. I think that if YouTube would have been around in 2003, Clay's audition clip with have been the hot clip at the time. As it is, his audition was THE watercooler moment for a while. Susan's clip is that thing today -- except that the watercooler has been replaced with people sharing a clip at their computers.

As for "us" talking about her...well, IMO, it prevents "us" from making up stories about Clay and his career that somehow get turned into fact during slow periods. LOL. Actually, I don't mind the OT talk on the main thread, because IMO it allows me to learn more about the interests of the people around me on this board. That's the way friendships are built.

I know not getting career news from Clay is hard, but I guess I'm just a patient person. And I still consider myself an Alfred E. Newman of this fandom -- "What me, worry?"

I sometimes don't get fanaticism. Susan Boyles sounded fine to me but I'm not spending six years to follow her. And with all the press she is getting that's what I would call it. My favorite female voice of all time will always be Maria Callas. Unfortunately even I wasn't old enough to have seen her in person.

We watched the movie "MaMa Mia" Last night on DVD and neither of us could wait for it to be over. I think I would rather have listened to an ABBA cd, thank you very much. Sound of music in Greece, without the great voices. We paid for it so we had to watch it. I'm so cheap.

Maybe I'm just cranky. The prednisone I'm taking for the poison oak makes me want to sleep all the time. Except for the burn spots it's getting cleared up.

Hope you all have a great day.

FromClaygary and Lucky...thanks for explaining the gala. I guess I just remember the nervousness on ticket buying day last year and for some reason I thought they had like 200 single tickets. How much are silver and gold tickets or do you have to buy those with a group? So Yay. I won't worry. So do most people come in just for the weekend. Do you get there early. What is there to DO in Raleigh and surrounding parts (rhetorical -- I'll look it up) cuz when I spend money to fly somewhere I like to actually stay for a bit and do some stuff. I may try to tie this to an Orlando vacation. I have an exchange week in my time share that I have to use before the year's end and maybe I can get the timing to work for it with the gala. Now off to see the weather patterns that time of year..it's been crazy lately with all the tornados and floods. Just give me my earthquakes, and firestorms - that's all I can handle. :cryingwlaughter:

So you've never been given the Raleigh Clay tour? :hahaha: We did it once ourselves in 2004, and then again last year for Claymatron's benefit. Of course, that involves renting a car (or procuring one from a local. ;) ) Nothing stalkerish, of course, but there are landmarks like the RBC Centre, Clay's high school, the museum where his clothes are on display, the famous Krispy Kreme store on Peace Street, the mural on the outside of Faye's store, Dort N'Arena, etc etc etc. I'm sure there are other things of historical significance unrelated to Clay.....is the state fair going to be on this year at the same time as the gala? You can't miss the deep fried apples, twinkies, Mars bars and pickles. I'd skip the deep fried mac 'n cheese if I were you!

If anyone interested in doing that Raleigh Clay Tour I would love to join you. I've never been to Raleigh before.

If anyone interested in doing that Raleigh Clay Tour I would love to join you. I've never been to Raleigh before.

By the way, if I get a ticket to the gala, I'm staying until monday.

I still haven't seen "Forrest Gump" to this day, and when I finally saw "Titanic" (after 3 years), I was like -- "that's it?" I wasn't blown away to tears by Susan's voice, but as I said earlier, I think the audience reaction is the most interesting thing.

I hated Forrest Gump! I did not want to see Titanic because my great-uncle went down with her and when I was a kid I remember the family still talking about how sad it was. But the best part about that movie was when the ship hit the iceberg, a teenager behind me, in the theater, said really loud to her friend "Do you think it's going to sink"? We couldn't help but burst out laughing!

Susan Boyle? Yes way too overexposed! The competition isn't even over yet.

Just noticed you in the pic, cute!!

I watch MaMa Mia a few weeks ago, by myself because my hubby was not interested, and found it pretty boring. I kept watching hoping it would get better and it did not. Pierce could not sing at all and I found it hard to continue when he was singing. Luckily I got it out of our library and did not have to pay for it.

I was not upset at all about Clay's blog. I never expected any great news. I am sure when he has everything set he will let us know. I am sure he is not going to be sitting around on his butt for the entire year. I keep telling myself great things are coming.

I saw the Reuben is going to tour after his album is released. If Clay has questioned selling tickets because his last CD did not sell as well as before, I do not know how Reuben can justify going on tour. He tends to sell even less than Clay and as far as I can see his fan base is not as strong. I guess it is because I want to hear Clay so much and it does not look at this time that a tour is going to happen.

I would love to go to the Gala but at this time the cost is prohibited. Maybe by then my hubby will find a job and things will look up. I am tired of working, those added twelve hour shifts are killing me. Off today finishing up laudry and doing some cleaning, I gave the job of picking up small things from the grocery store to my husband. If I make a list he finds most things.

Oh I wish I could be with you all at the Gala. It sounds like it will be so much fun.

I am still hoping for an opportunity to see Clay in person before the Gala and am hoping that he will announce it before the tickets for the Gala go on sale.

There is going to be a stampede for those tickets.

From what I've read of other Galas it seems that there is much more of an opportunity to hang out with lots of Clay fans in a way there isn't for a concert.

I came across this, this morning.

The world's first collaborative online orchestra performed at Carnegie Hall on April 15, 2009. Selected by the YouTube community and several members of the world's most renowned orchestras, the YouTube Symphony Orchestra is made up of over 96 professional and amateur musicians from 30+ countries and territories on six continents and represents 26 different instruments.

I sometimes don't get fanaticism. Susan Boyles sounded fine to me but I'm not spending six years to follow her. And with all the press she is getting that's what I would call it. My favorite female voice of all time will always be Maria Callas. Unfortunately even I wasn't old enough to have seen her in person.

We watched the movie "MaMa Mia" Last night on DVD and neither of us could wait for it to be over. I think I would rather have listened to an ABBA cd, thank you very much. Sound of music in Greece, without the great voices. We paid for it so we had to watch it. I'm so cheap.

Maybe I'm just cranky. The prednisone I'm taking for the poison oak makes me want to sleep all the time. Except for the burn spots it's getting cleared up.

Hope you all have a great day.

I like to buy DVDs from pawn stores. They're usually in good condition and around $2-$3 a pop, so if it's a horrible movie it doesn't seem like a big waste of money but if it's a good one, I've got the DVD to keep. I've found some surprisingly good ones that way. It's also a good way for me to get to see movies that were really buzzy at one time but have cooled off since.

So you've never been given the Raleigh Clay tour?

hee never done the tour. Deep fried Mac and cheese? I could give that a try. LOL

I haven't figured anything out yet about arriving and leaving. It seems so far away!! I will probably wait until I get my tickets to decide.

Thanks for the ticket info. Just curious..if it were 500 maybe I would have tried to go for it but 1000, not in my budget.

I think the thing that most bothers me about this recession is the cost of food and then the trick packaging to make things seem cheaper but it's actually a much smaller size. There are so many things you can just cut but how do you cut food. If you have any tricks for that please share..I think there's a thread for that somewhere.

I think the thing that most bothers me about this recession is the cost of food and then the trick packaging to make things seem cheaper but it's actually a much smaller size. There are so many things you can just cut but how do you cut food. If you have any tricks for that please share..I think there's a thread for that somewhere.

The idea is to streeeeeeeetch the food that you do buy.

I freeze whatever I can. I buy the frozen skinless bags of chicken breast when they go on sale and then poach them (20 mn hard boil let stand in water for additional 30 mn) The chicken can then be shredded and refrozen for stir fry and other dishes. I cook something (usually rice or pasta based) Sunday afternoon and fill 5 containers that go in the freezer for lunch. For instance 2 cups of rice in the rice cooker, top with some chicken and steamed chopped broccoli & shredded cheese. Another favorite is a bag of No-yolks or other egg noodles, a jar of alfredo sauce and either chicken or a can of tuna, you could add peas if you like them...I don't. But my all time favorite is a bag of frozen cheese ravioli, a jar of pasta sauce topped with a bit of browned turkey sausage. I brown the turkey sausage (frozen roll, I use about a quarter) with a couple of tablespoons of salad chopped green olives and sliced mushrooms. Don't be afraid of store brands. Some of course are better than others and that takes some trial and error. I actually shop at 3 different stores on a rotating basis.

Of course I don't mind eating the same thing for lunch every day, but you could mix & match.