Thread Title  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What is ournext thread title?

• You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken
    • Clay Aiken - Luxuriously Enticing
    • The House of Aiken de la Clay
    • I'll take Clay any day
    • Our cool boyfriend and his thudworthy thighs
    • Those boys!! Double the CUTENESS / Double the FUN!

Nice pictures...so he got his hair done...something in the works...hoping and praying!

Kim

It'd be a shame if he didn't check before he crossed...

Just imagine him checking to cross the street while holding Parker's hand. :wub:

Just imagine him checking to cross the street while holding Parker's hand. :wub:

Awwww...

cruiseroo at CV found the red sweater online.

I just KNEW that sweater had to be expensive! I personally like it -- looks like an interesting texture. All the better to run my hands across his chest in it. Sawoon.

Off to see Ruben and co. in "Ain't Misbehavin'". See you peeps later. :lilredani:

Have fun! And say "hi" to laughn for me!

Just Jared has the pictures from yesterday, as well as Clay's entire blog. They include the links to download JY and donate to the BAF as well. Cool!

Off to see Ruben and co. in "Ain't Misbehavin'". See you peeps later.
:lilredani:

Hey, give us a review! I don't actually follow Ruben's career at all but I have a soft spot for him, he always seems like such a nice guy and he has always been loyal to Clay as far as I know.

Kind of OT, but I was doing some research for couchie, and the board said I couldn't send another PM yet. Others might be interested in the 56 page color brochure here: The Rich Heritage of African-Americans in North Carolina. It's a downloadable pdf file.

That Aiken guy isn't just cute, he is HAWT!!! :hubbahubba:

BH_Salon_07.jpg
I like this one better because of the broad shoulders.

The check-before-crossing one is interesting but it recalls one time in my life when I was truly terrified -- when 4-yo DS attempted to cross a busy parking lot entrance by himself and I ran to pick him up just seconds in front of an oncoming SUV.

Like the article! Too bad they don't really explain what the BAF is, but at least they're getting some good, positive noise!

Thanks JMH for the PM with all that great info and for the brochure. My mom is from South Carolina. The only people left are like great aunts and uncles and a few others. Everybody else left. The oldest member of my mom's family is in his late 80s so I'd love to see him if I can. I may take the opportunity to check out North and south carolina in October.

Clay looks really fabulous. Wonder if that paparazzi is just camped outside that salon.

ETA: and you couldn't send another PM? what's that about. I'm an admin I guess I should know? BWAH

heading out to my nephew's baseball game. Sigh. But they look at you all sad and doe eyed if you miss too many in a row :cryingwlaughter:

Via mee2u2 at CV. (She has access to some of the media pictures sites.)

The caption: Clay leaving the Byron & Tracey Salon in BH, CA on 04/25/09.

BH_Salon_01.jpg

BH_Salon_02.jpg

BH_Salon_03.jpg

BH_Salon_04.jpg

BH_Salon_05.jpg

BH_Salon_06.jpg

BH_Salon_07.jpg

Even his toes are cute! Not that I spent time studying them or anything... :whistling-1:

And, oh yeah forgot to mention, STUBBLE! :hubbahubba: I think I have a stubble addiction when it comes to Clay... other folks? I don't care. But Clay stubble... :tasty:

Back from Ain't Misbehavin'. You know, I sometimes forget entertainment comes in other forms than a tiny youtube screen.

I enjoyed the show immensely. It was all the music of Fats Waller, which was basically from the 20's to early 40's. The cast features Ruben, Frenchie Davis, and Trenyce - all from Season 2 of AI, plus two other very talented non-AI'ers. It was colorful, lively, very funny, more than a little bawdy, and the musicians (particularly the pianist) really rocked it.

I had forgotten abut Ruben's rich and warm voice, and it was well-displayed in this show, as were his trademark dimples. He was an agile dancer and really quite the comedian.

Frenchie's voice was kind of nasally and brassy - but in a good way - because it was perfect for the type of music. She also had some really funny bits, and her breasts should have had co-starring billing in the program because those "girls" worked it. :hahaha: Trenyce, I thought, didn't have as strong a voice as the other two women, but she did have a couple of solo numbers that were good, The third featured female, Patrice, had a lovely, almost operatic voice and I was very impressed with her singing and her acting.

I don't have my program in front of me, so I don't have the name of the other feature male. He was the best dancer of the group, and did a show stopping number in the second act that was all about smoking a joint. Who knew they were writing songs about 5 foot reefers and cotton mouth in the 30's?

I was very impressed with the energy of the cast and the pace of the show. I saw online that they had done two shows in Milwaukee yesterday, which meant they would have had to really move to get to Ohio for today's show. In spite of that, I didn't hear a strained voice or bad note from anyone in the group. It was a way fun show!! I think the tour wraps up next month, but if you get a chance to see it - GO!

Thanks for the review, Bottle! It sounds like a really fun show.

Hey, did you see the tongue pic in the post right above your review? Somehow I thought of you when I saw that pic. :hahaha:

Was there a good turnout for the show?

The theater we were at has a capacity of about 700, so it's not huge. We were dead center on the main floor, and I didn't see any empty seats around us. One of my co-workers was sitting in the balcony, so I'll ask him tomorrow how full he thought it was. The crowd was very quickly on its feet to give a well-deserved standing O to the cast, so I hope Ruben and Co. were pleased with the response they got.

My sister and I were discussing the songs from the show we were familiar with. My limited classical music knowledge comes mostly from Bugs Bunny cartoons (What's Opera, Doc) and I think much of my exposure to the standards of the early 20th century came from a mis-spent youth watching the Lawrence Welk show. :hahaha: