Thread Title  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What is ournext thread title?

• You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken
    • Clay Aiken - Luxuriously Enticing
    • The House of Aiken de la Clay
    • I'll take Clay any day
    • Our cool boyfriend and his thudworthy thighs
    • Those boys!! Double the CUTENESS / Double the FUN!

I will never understand why so many hate Clay's sweaters. I bought a new sweater with argyle on the front and stripes on the back. I love quirky sweaters. Must be that NC water.

I hope they make that video available. Teacher Clay is the best. :wordpooper:

some sweaters are better than others. A reporter that did a review of one of Clay's 2007 concerts said his clothes look like he shops at TJMAXX. While I work at TJMAXX and have never seen him here. Darn it!!! Only that one girl from baywatch but no Clay Aiken.

Speaking of Jennifer Hudson she had a special guest at one of her concerts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtDFHXjJ7SU

the guy holding the camera can't stop saying OMG OMG :lol:

A few things I just don't get:

1. "Fan" competition. I just don't get it.

2. Why Clay gets slammed on the shirts and sweaters he wears. I think has his own casual and very unique style. I'm around at least 500 guys in their 20s and 30s five days a week. Clay's wardrobe is contemporary and undoubtedly more expensive, but very much like what guys wear every day, only better.

3. Idol hate. Without Idol the world wouldn't have Clay. Sure the show is manipulative and can be ugly on occasion (the case for every reality show I know of), but it's Idol and sometimes a star really is born. As far as the principals are concerned, Idol could be around long after Simon, Paula and Randy are retired.

4. Jennifer Hudson. She has a powerful voice, but I don't especially like the songs she recorded. Her album doesn't grab me and blow my mind -- and I kind of need that in my music. I don't know if Jordin Sparks will take an R&B turn in her career, but I heard her sing some Aretha in front of Aretha last year, and she did blow me away. And I love Allison this year.

5. Why staying on top seems to be much harder for women than men in the music business, and especially in country music. Some of those old dudes are around long after they've lost their voices and their charms, but female country stars flame and fade so quickly. I have a friend who's a country fan, and looking through her album collection really drove that home to me. I guess it's still a beauty contest for the girls.

6. Why some of the fans at OFC post 10 or 12 off-the-wall questions in a row that anybody with a ounce of sense knows Clay won't answer. What's up with that?

Okay that's it. Everything else I get. Oh, yeah, except maybe why KAndre loves to travel so much!!!!!!!

I think it's always a beauty contest for girls. Guys can get paunchy and bald and wear glasses and still get movie roles as the sexy stud-man (*coughNICHOLAS CAGEcoughcough*) while a woman has to be 22 and a stick or she's being cast as the mother or mother-in-law. Same thing with music. Voice, like acting talent, isn't the most important thing, looks are. Of course, I can only name about four female country singers (Reba, Dolly, Faith Hill, and Taylor Swift) so maybe I'm just talking out my rear. :)

I couldn't either. I love Holliday SO MUCH! I watched her sing I Believe I Can Fly for Bill Clinton at an inaugural prayer service in '97, and she made the heavens open.

I couldn't either. I love Holliday SO MUCH! I watched her sing I Believe I Can Fly for Bill Clinton at an inaugural prayer service in '97, and she made the heavens open.

I was so happy that he recorded that :) he (the person who post this on youtube) kept apologizing for saying OMG he said he could not control himself :lol:

Fantasia also made an appearance and sang at duet at the same concert. Those people really got what they paid for & more!!

tribeca... thanks for that! Jennifer Holliday has an awesome voice! I was impressed and I don't really like that kind of music too much. I do think Qianna did a great version when she played the part, too.

keeping... I noticed your #6 when I was over there, too. Just rolled my eyes... geesh! If there is a youtube of JH singing that song you mentioned at the inauguration, bring it!

I did ask Clay this question

are you the glass is half empty, glass is half full or what difference does it make there is the same amount of liquid in the glass kind of person?

is that the kind of question you mean? if so I am sorry. The rest of my questions were all serious and I didn't post a lot like I am right now

so this swin flu.. how much should we be concerned or should I turn of the news. Geeze.

Pay attention and use common sense. Pandemics can move fast once established in the population. UCR is at level one readiness which is primarily preparation and being ready to act. It meant our getting a message to take care of our personal and family emergency plans in case schools close or we get sick. Thousands of students fresh back from spring break living in a limited environment is fertile ground for any air born infection so we have to be ready for anything. Level 2 is triggered when there is a confirmed case in our city. At that point supplies are being moved into place, some activities and facilities shut down and students that are well and can travel sent home. Level 3 takes only one case on campus. At that point everyone who is not essential is not even here. Sick students are isolated and I am home for the duration.

The emergency plan is interesting to read as it covers things like which rooms in which buildings have recirculating air systems so make better medical wards, when to consider revisions to sick leave policy for staff, when to send students and then staff home, at what point all remaining staff have respiratory filters, the need for patrols to prevent looting of campus buildings and all sorts of stuff.

At the moment If you are not planning a trip to Mexico you probably only need to be aware of your personal health. Run a fever, start coughing with a sore throat? Head for the doctor. Do not wait. Wash your hands a lot and stay away from sick people when you can. If you share a phone or computer consider antiseptic wipes. We have been flat out told to not come to work sick. It is the same stuff we should do every day.

Ah, Clay is A positive. Here is a blurb about personality traits (supposedly) related to type A blood

While outwardly calm, they have such high standards (perfectionists) that they tend to be balls of nerves on the inside. Type A's are the most artistic of the blood groups. They can be shy, are conscientious, trustworthy, and sensitive.

Hey! something Clay and I (and DH & Boys) have in common! And the largest proportion of the rest of the population too apparently! :hahaha:

Given that, I wonder if Clay saying on interviews, when he is asked about Idol, that he never watches it, has anything to do with him not being asked to appear on the show? Would Simon hold that against him?

Clay always bring excitement to Idol when he appears. Maybe, that is why they don't want him, because he takes too much attention from the contestants?

I really don't think "they" would knock back anyone who would benefit them.

He wouldn't kick a Mongolian throat music singer off the show if he thought that was something he could make money from.

You said it so much better djs :cryingwlaughter:

Swine Flu- I have been watching the news too Couchie and am very interested to hear how things are going in California. My sister and family are heading over at the end of May. Wait and see how things pan out I guess . We have 31 suspected cases in my state but none confirmed.

the guy holding the camera can't stop saying OMG OMG
:lol:

I saw that video the day after it happened and I was totally gobsmacked. As much as I love Jennifer Hudson's version from the movie, for me, the only person who owns And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going is Jennifer Holliday.

Actually, there is also a video of Jennifer Holliday doing the same duet with Bianca Ryan. Poor Bianca was totally overwhelmed, you can see how nervous she is.

He wouldn't kick a Mongolian throat music singer off the show if he thought that was something he could make money from.

Britney Spears mimed her way through her guest performance on X-Factor. The fact that the comparatively inexperienced contestants had to sing live and she was this icon doing a lip-synch to her single, well, everyone on the show, including Simon, was asked "what do you think about that?". Everyone, including Simon, responded very tactfully, Simon giving glowing comments about Britney and how wonderful to have her on the show. It was obvious the contestants had been coached about what to say. So, yes djs111, I think you are dead right.

Steve Brookstein writing "explosive, tell-all" X Factor book

http://www.heatworld.com/Article/10053/Ste...l-X-Factor-book

Steve Brookstein, the first-ever winner of X-Factor has been dropped by his record company and he is not at all pleased!

3. Idol hate. Without Idol the world wouldn't have Clay. Sure the show is manipulative and can be ugly on occasion (the case for every reality show I know of), but it's Idol and sometimes a star really is born. As far as the principals are concerned, Idol could be around long after Simon, Paula and Randy are retired.

Totally agree with every word... the show is definitely manipulative but television is an illusion and it is always about ratings which = money. The audition of that little boy, Shaneen, in Britain's Got Talent was totally staged. And it got the reaction Simon wanted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqgTFwxIXhc...PL&index=20

Regardless of the unhappy ex-contestants and/or winners, I cannot be too annoyed with Simon for giving us artists like Clay, Kelly, Leona Lewis, Paul Potts, Susan Boyle and numerous others. Because of the way the shows are structured, it also means many living legends in the music world have the opportunity to showcase their work to a generation who may not have known their songs. Without Idol, the world would have been deprived of Clay, and Clay would have been deprived of his birth-right .... to sing and teach a very big classroom about what truly matters in life.

Can't believe I'm doing this because any kind of foot-tapping in relation to Clack makes my uploads go obstinately slooooow, but is there any word at all about Clack from Rosie's benefit last night?

:<can't-find-a-waiting-patiently icon>: (anyone have a RHW smiley?)

v

Still enjoying the pictures....

Hey, did you read my post up there? :cryingwlaughter:

Clack exists, the woman in front of me was definitely Claynation and prepared with her bag of goodies....clack worthy camera, etc. Who knows if it will surface.....maybe she was from a private board? Who knows, I guess I shouldn't have assumed that she would share. :(

The official policy as told to us when we entered was to turn off cell phones and cameras. The theatre was quite dark and I didn't want to risk attempting to film because I can't turn off the display on my cheap camera (and it doesn't take good video anyways). I am glad katy4clay grabbed those stills at the after party - we did not attend as we did not have v.i.p. tickets. I can't believe I forgot he was wearing glasses!

I am not caught up on the board so I have no idea what the topic du jour is. I hope to get caught up today at work. :P How bad is that?

Can I just say that going from mid-80s to maybe 40 at best here this morning is a bit jarring. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

claytonic,
were you on the debate team in high school?
:cryingwlaughter:
Just askin'

Clay looks fantastic in those pics - love the sweater. It's so him. I bet he had a blast mentoring the kids in this.

I would need time to try and remember school, since it was so long ago.

Actually, I also wondered about you and school. Are you able to remember if you deliberately ignored certain girls in high school unless there was an opportunity to attack them, and most especially when you realized you could piggy-back on someone else and high-five along with them so that your victim is flattened to your heart's content? Just sayin' :hahaha:

Nope. I always said things to their face. I do generally try to subscribe to the 'if you can't say something nice...' school of thought, though.

Please explain to me where the high five, or the attack, or the 'flattening' is? Unless of course you're displaying that laying-in-wait implication you just made about me and venting a little, there was nothing but a little amusement at the debate style last-word-itis going on.

I did ask Clay this question

are you the glass is half empty, glass is half full or what difference does it make there is the same amount of liquid in the glass kind of person?

is that the kind of question you mean? if so I am sorry. The rest of my questions were all serious and I didn't post a lot like I am right now

I'm thinking she means those who post three or more questions in a row. Obviously looking for attention from Clay. I guess if I were young I would seek the same thing. He answered one of my questions so I'm finished until I think of a really good one.

I loved your list kf, but I don't like AI because I am tired of most reality shows. Only one person I know in RL watches it. It's definitely not discussed like it once was. I think and I know it's a stretch, that people like to take advantage of bashing Clay's style of dress because they are continuing the bullying of him and it's become a habit. I can name quite a few other celebrities that don't even make an attempt to dress as nicely as he does and are not called on it. JMO

Good Morning Everyone,

Clay was back answering questions last night; he always seems to come back online after I go to bed! But it is such fun to wake up in the morning and see this...he really is spoiling us.

15 Days until Clay is Rockin' 30 Rock! :yahoo:

Not sure what it says about my taste in clothes...but I don't think Clay has ever worn a sweater that I didn't like.

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I don't get the sweater hate either, just for the sake of...it's just clothes. Now, I have to admit the sweater is a bit bulkier than I'd like on him, but having said that -- he looks happy and adorable with that damn smile of his.

From CV:

Sorry for the delay in my recap, but here it is:

When I got there Star Jones was being interviewed on the "red carpet". She is working with children in Harlem and thus came out to support Rosie, and her kids. She was very chatty and personable...and she was cute saying that she was wearing a 29.00 TJMaxx dress

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a213/but...25_filtered.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a213/but...26_filtered.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a213/but...28_filtered.jpg

So on with my recap using pics from the red carpet.

Rosie took the stage and did some comedy...very cute riff about her spanx that had the audience rolling. She also gave the background of the RBK, she started with 5th graders and then realized that it needed to be more. So they expanded it. Today, if a child shows promise and works hard, then from 5th grade on, he can work with the instructors. Thanks to the terrific work Rosie's kids have a 100% acceptance rate at the performing arts high school in Manhatten. These children are from the worst schools in NYC, with graduations rates less than 50%...to attending schools that have graduation rates of 85% or higher. Tears formed in my eyes realizing that she does so much more for the children then teach them theater arts, she gives them hope, she gives them a chance they may never have had, she gives them confidence. Yeah, I was impressed. Rosie then introduced two of the understudies from West Side Story. I only got a picture of the young man:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a213/but...35_filtered.jpg

Mike Cannon, he performed with Haley Carlucci sing Tonight from West Side story. This performance was mentored by Chita Rivara, who was there, but didn't take the stage....

Next up was a young man singing(Daniel Estrella) the Impossible Dream, he was mentored by Brian Stokes Mitchell. The young man was excellent, but when Brian took the stage with him, his performance jumped up a notch...they were so fabulous together. Daniel's obvious pride in performing with Brian (http://www.brianstokes.com/). They rec'd a much deserved standing O.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a213/but...32_filtered.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a213/but...33_filtered.jpg

Okay, next up Clay's part. I am nervous, and as I said I botched the video. But I can give you a nice recap. As you can see he looked adorable in glasses and the black and white sweater...it worked for me. Clay said that he came into the process late. They showed him working with the 3 young men. He told them that when going for a high note, go for the next note up, to make sure you hit it. He showed them how to reach for a note. He also had them try. He said the execution was a bit rough, but that they got it. He was in full teacher mode and they seemed to really enjoy him. His part was way too short. His kids did well, it would have been awesome if Clay had joined them. The song was fairly high and they had a few problems hitting those notes...but they were awesome and adorable. The sang a "Corner of the Sky"

Next up was Chris Mann sing with RBK kids...http://www.chrismannmusic.com/

The kids were really good, he accompanied them on the piano and sang with them, at times he gave them instruction from the Piano.

I didn't get a picture of him b/c he was finishing the red carpet when i arrived, but he is really cute :D

Next up was a wonderful song by Debra Barsha who wrote the song for them Two of the four girls were outstanding...they had really good voices. Debra accompanied them on the piano. And was so proud of them. You could see their confidence growing.

Next was a young women who has been with Rosie for several years, Mariy Dunkley, she sang Reflection with Orfeh, and it was beautiful again, when Orfeh joined her on stage it was a very special moment.(http://www.orfeh.com/}

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a213/but...34_filtered.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a213/but...38_filtered.jpg

The kids then performed an amazing original piece ...Nothing Will Ever Be the Same Medley...the kids were fabulous in this piece, it was written based on their feelings and lives...it really showed their talent...Rosie joined them at the end.

And then it was over, and it was evident how much Rosie loves these kids and how much the kids love Rosie. She bring them so much more than training, she brings them hope

claytonic,
were you on the debate team in high school?
:cryingwlaughter:
Just askin'

I would need time to try and remember school, since it was so long ago.

Actually, I also wondered about you and school. Are you able to remember if you deliberately ignored certain girls in high school unless there was an opportunity to attack them, and most especially when you realized you could piggy-back on someone else and high-five along with them so that your victim is flattened to your heart's content? Just sayin' :hahaha:

Nope. I always said things to their face. I do generally try to subscribe to the 'if you can't say something nice...' school of thought, though.

Really? Man, you could've fooled me. :cryingwlaughter:

Please explain to me where the high five, or the attack, or the 'flattening' is? Unless of course you're displaying that laying-in-wait implication you just made about me and venting a little, there was nothing but a little amusement at the debate style last-word-itis going on.

Hm, sounds like your memory is a problem too, perhaps you need to go back and think about your school days, you know, in the school-yard, chatting with the cool-girls, waiting for an opportunity to help attack the un-cool girls, whispering behind their backs, all that kind of stuff. There's a word for it, if only I could remember it...

I am now officially obsessed with having Clay answer a question from me - any question, doesn't matter what. I'm spending entirely too much time thinking about what and when to post to the thread, demmit! (Late evening, when Clay's actually online answering, "Soon"?) Which should pretty much ensure that Clay will completely change his answering pattern and / or never visit the thread again. :hahaha:

Whew! I am caught up. You all are chatty. AND I am caught up on Clay's answers at the OFC. I about peed my pants at the "Twitter is the devil" answer. Don't hold back, Clay! Hee!

Sorry my NYC recaps were sucky. Just no internet time and really, hardly any time spent in the hotel except to sleep. We covered a lot of ground in 2 days! But I have pictures (non-Clay related, obviously) and will post them on Facebook in the near future.

It was kind of strange being in NYC and not having a Clay appearance to attend, but there were lots of Clay mentions and references. Early Monday morning, I left the hotel and took a walk to give my daughter more time to sleep. I went up Shubert Alley and got chills. Blithe Spirit with Rupert Everett and Angela Landsbury is playing there now. Before we left yesterday we chilled out in Times Square and watched a movie, which of course had a Clay mention in it as well (17 Again). All in all I think it was a great trip and birthday my daughter won't forget. But I'm ready for a Clay trip now. :P

I know nothing but I really feel that something is must be happening that we aren't aware of yet. I don't think Clay would have skipped the Rosie gala without good reason. I have no idea what it might be but I look forward to finding out.....SOON! :lilredani:

I am now officially obsessed with having Clay answer a question from me - any question, doesn't matter what. I'm spending entirely too much time thinking about what and when to post to the thread, demmit! (Late evening, when Clay's actually online answering, "Soon"?) Which should pretty much ensure that Clay will completely change his answering pattern and / or never visit the thread again. :hahaha:

I just keep asking dumb questions but not all in a row. I really want to ask if Jerome really has a "list". Do you think he will get tired of this real soon andif so I hope it is his definition of soon.

I've asked a whopping total of three questions. The first one actually got answered (it was about whose idea the classics medley was for the 2007 tour). The third question I asked was so good, I can't even remember what it was! LOL.

It IS kind of a thrill to get something like that answered, so I understand bc. *crosses fingers*

heeee - party at FCA the day he answers a Bottle question. Will it be about tongue?

Timing is everything. Dang I was up until 1am... but I just can't lay in wait for the boy or I'd never get any work done :cryingwlaughter:

Why is there trouble everytime "I" get in a talkative mood :cryingwlaughter: I was just trying to get out of actually working and the topic was of interest. Claytonic I understood every word you said and actually didn't disagree with, except the one thing I mentioned specifically - was just giving my perspective on the same thing which I don't believe minimized anything you said. I know i use a lot of smilies regularly but lack of them doesn't mean other than a flashback to to my posting style for my first 3 years in the fandom. Which makes me smile because I suddenly remembered my first trouting :cryingwlaughter: Can ya'll believe I didn't get trout for at least 2 years? Just ignore this... I'm leaving. :hahaha:

OK actually going to power work today..meaning turn off Judge Judy, joe brown, judge karen etc.while I work. :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Welcome home Lucky!!

Don't hate Simon. Don't hate Idol. Think it's a genius concept. Just don't watch it anymore and not on the list of things that interest me. I think it will be around for another 10 years.

I just keep asking dumb questions but not all in a row. I really want to ask if Jerome really has a "list". Do you think he will get tired of this real soon andif so I hope it is his definition of soon.

I liked the one you asked Clay are you doing this to get your post count up? :lol:

I've asked a whopping total of three questions. The first one actually got answered (it was about whose idea the classics medley was for the 2007 tour). The third question I asked was so good, I can't even remember what it was! LOL.

It IS kind of a thrill to get something like that answered, so I understand bc. *crosses fingers*

He seemed proud of his answer

I hope Bottlecap can get her answer too!!