Thread Title  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What is ournext thread title?

• You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken
    • Clay Aiken - Luxuriously Enticing
    • The House of Aiken de la Clay
    • I'll take Clay any day
    • Our cool boyfriend and his thudworthy thighs
    • Those boys!! Double the CUTENESS / Double the FUN!

I did ask Clay this question

are you the glass is half empty, glass is half full or what difference does it make there is the same amount of liquid in the glass kind of person?

is that the kind of question you mean? if so I am sorry. The rest of my questions were all serious and I didn't post a lot like I am right now

Absolutely not -- I think that's a great question.

My mega-questions attitude is about a few who are posting like 10 off-the-wall questions in a row -- and I don't know why! Two or three legitimate questions in a row are fine -- I just think there's a line when that stuff is so ME_ME_ME that it starts to stink. I'm sure they don't care. I do make exceptions for the exuberance of younger fans -- I was a crazy Beatles fan at a young age and remember the wonderful insanity of youth. But I know a couple of these ladies are not young things.

Am I the only fan who hasn't asked Clay a single question? Not that I don't have a ton of questions I'd like answers to, just none that aren't personal or career-related, so I'm stumped. I don't want to ask something just for the sake of asking -- I'm not one to leave comments after his blogs either. Okay, so I'm a wallflower, what of it? Some of the Q&As have been very enlightening -- such as his attitude about fans approaching him to say hi and get autographs -- but I'm still shaking my head that a fan would pull up a chair at his table and STAY. Some people have no couth whatsoever.

I have a VHS tape of Jennifer Holliday singing at the Clinton prayer service before the 1997 inauguration. It's in a box somewhere -- maybe I can dig it out and transfer it to digital if I can figure out how to do that. It was outstanding. She's my girl!

Back to Idol -- I have a friend who won't watch Idol because it's "fake" -- and yet she watches Bachelor and Amazing Race. I watched Amazing Race a time or two, but when the jumbo jet already on the runway turned around to pick up a couple of contestants who missed the flight -- and that couple won the whole competition -- that was my suspend belief in the integrity of the show moment. Now, if someone tells me that the Extreme Home Makeover families are a set-up, that will knock down the last show standing for me -- and I'm not all that comfortable with the "Queen for a Day" feel to it. Does anyone remember that old show where women would compete over their sad stories and personal tragedies for a Frigidaire and some Sarah Coventry jewelry? Currently, Idol and Dancing are the only ones I ever watch, probably because they involve talent -- and I think Tom Bergeron is the best live host on television.

heeee - party at FCA the day he answers a Bottle question. Will it be about tongue?

Hmmm.... Now I'm pondering - "Clay, do you think Reed would object if I licked you?" :tasty:

I saw an ad for the return of "So You Think You Can Dance" during Idol. That's a reality show I really enjoy, and I think it's more in keeping of the original spirit of AI: finding an undiscovered talent.

KeepingFaith

thanks for answering me.

No you are not the only one who hasn't asked any questions. I know some other people who have not asked anything but just enjoy reading the answers.

One of my friends who was a member of OFC since it opened didn't sign up this year (no reason just she was so busy with college & she didn't have the money right now) she aaksed if I could summit a question for her. All of them are career related so I had to tell her sorry those are against the rules.

Just read one of the MOD's post that Clay has been reporting posts in that thread. YIKES

I have a VHS tape of Jennifer Holliday singing at the Clinton prayer service before the 1997 inauguration. It's in a box somewhere -- maybe I can dig it out and transfer it to digital if I can figure out how to do that. It was outstanding. She's my girl!

This is the only version I could find on YouTube. Does it look familiar to you?

Jennifer Holliday - I Believe I Can Fly

For anyone who is interested, here is Jennifer Holliday in the role she became famous for, and won a Tony Award for. In an interview, JHUD said she watched this video.

'82 Tonys--Dreamgirls "And I'm Telling You"

I love Idol--even when I hate it. (Although I'm seriously getting annoyed at how little singing we get and how many ads--thank God for DVR.)

I love that Idol gave us Clay and so many other talented people (like Adam). There are so many really talented people out there who NEVER get a real chance at success, otherwise--even people who are mad talented. I can forgive most any sins for that.

I LOVE So You Think You Can Dance!!! Can't wait for that! (Bring on the crunk!)

I love Clay.

Love his answers--and REALLY love that he's reporting people! Good for him!

I really hate those long wandering "look at me" posts with a rhetorical question buried somewhere in the middle. Who do they think they're kidding??

I'm off to derust and repaint my toolshed.

Shit.

this was just posted on the OFC

David Foster and Friends

Date: May 9th, 2009

Price: $134.25, $81.75, $55.50

Back by popular demand, a concert celebration featuring music’s premier songwriter and producer David Foster will take place Saturday, May 9 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center. The event will pay tribute to the 15-time Grammy winner and will feature Clay Aiken, Philip Bailey from the chart-topping band Earth, Wind & Fire, Brian McKnight, Peter Cincotti and Oprah Winfrey’s protégé, Charice. Foster also will perform some of the hits he has written or produced during his 40-year musical career. The event is scheduled to begin at 8 p.m.

where do I donate my money to send Scarlett to this?

I am going to see Josh Gracin in a few weeks & he has a cd signing after wonder if I should take Clay's answer about Josh is full crap to him :lol:

heeee - party at FCA the day he answers a Bottle question. Will it be about tongue?

Hmmm.... Now I'm pondering - "Clay, do you think Reed would object if I licked you?" :tasty:

I saw an ad for the return of "So You Think You Can Dance" during Idol. That's a reality show I really enjoy, and I think it's more in keeping of the original spirit of AI: finding an undiscovered talent.

Me too..I saw an ad and got so excited. I LOVE SYTYCD... even Mary :cryingwlaughter:

All reality shows are somewhat fake -- as long as I'm entertained I don't really care. To me SYTYCD, Project Runway and TAR are the best...also love next food network star. Survivor is still entertaining during certain years depending on the people... I don't particularly care or anyone this season.

NCGurrrl.... Thanks for the flu update.. I didn't realize that 36K people a year die from just plain old regular flu. That's a lot of people. Who knew?

David Foster and Friends

Back by popular demand, a concert celebration featuring music's premier songwriter and producer David Foster will take place Saturday, May 9 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center. The event will pay tribute to the 15-time Grammy winner and will feature Clay Aiken, Philip Bailey from the chart-topping band Earth, Wind & Fire, Brian McKnight, Peter Cincotti and Oprah Winfrey's protégé, Charice. Foster also will perform some of the hits he has written or produced during his 40-year musical career. The event is scheduled to begin at 8 p.m.

Wheeeeeeee, bring on the clack!!!

David Foster and Friends

Back by popular demand, a concert celebration featuring music’s premier songwriter and producer David Foster will take place Saturday, May 9 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center. The event will pay tribute to the 15-time Grammy winner and will feature Clay Aiken, Philip Bailey from the chart-topping band Earth, Wind & Fire, Brian McKnight, Peter Cincotti and Oprah Winfrey’s protégé, Charice. Foster also will perform some of the hits he has written or produced during his 40-year musical career. The event is scheduled to begin at 8 p.m.

where do I donate my money to send Scarlett to this?

I am going to see Josh Gracin in a few weeks & he has a cd signing after wonder if I should take Clay's answer about Josh is full crap to him :lol:

??? I thought he seemed OK... :(

And, WHOOO-HOO for Clay to be performing somewhere! Wonder what?

clazy, one of the questions that Clay answered was about Josh Gracin (who was his roommate during AI2) saying that Clay sang in his sleep. Clay said Josh was full of crap. That's all - just silly - nothing bad.

Although Clay answered another question about whether he snored or not by saying he didn't know because he was asleep. So maybe Clay actually does sing in his sleep and nobody's told him...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! I'm be in damn Frankfurt! Not even two weeks' notice!

I haven't asked any questions - besides the fact Clique just got my freakin' membership working - random questions just ain't my thing. I'll read the answers though.

Sorry I missed your Word question, Couchie. If you still need help, PM me!

Drumroll please.

I have fit everything I'm taking to Shanghai in one rolling carry on. Whoo hoo!

Well I requested a ticket but they will email me within 24 hours. We'll see. Not sure if I'm going because it's Mother's Day weekend. Maybe I'll take mom.

KAndre.. looking forward to this trip report. You're such a nut :cryingwlaughter:

Thanks K..Liney came to my rescue! I swear I have used Word to write letters and that's it. Now Excel? That's another story.

This will probably get lost in all the squeeing over the Las Vegas appearance, but it's important, especially to someone like bottlecap, who I'm sure has been asking rhetorical questions, and that's the only reason why Clay hasn't answered her yet.

From BFS at the OFC-please take to other boards and use blue as she does at the OFC.

No, that is not a a rhetorical question(grr stupid quote feature, the question was: Clay would you ever play professional football?).

I think there are a couple of things things going in the thread. One are the rhetorical questions Do you know how much we love, do you know how much this means? etc, etc...he doesn't want those kind of questions at all, so don't include them, don't use them as prefaces.

The highly personalized questions, that only one person would want to know the answer to? Did you receive my gift, did you like this venue, Can you say happy birthday to me...would you consider calling this fan and saying hi...that kind of thing...

and then there are the kinds of questions where there is so much commentary leading up to the question that you can't find the question. If you want to know if he read something, ask...if you feel you need to provide some commentary to a question, fine, but don't add so much that members or Clay are wondering what the question is...does that make sense

?

It's been suggested that if you do make commentary as well as a question, to bold the question.

Start date for the next tour/live show

April 18, 2009 - ldyjocelyn

April 27, 2009 - luckiest1

May 7, 2009 - ncgurrl

May 11, 2009 - jmh123

May 15, 2009 - shamrock

May 21, 2009 - cindilu2

May 22, 2009 - Claymatron

May 27, 2009 - clayzycoffin

June 12, 2009 - justclay12

June 17, 2009 - tribeca

June 19, 2009 - wandacleo

June 22, 2009 - lilyshine

June 28, 2009 - spikesmom

June 20, 2009 - Bella19

June 25, 2009 - keepingfaith

June 30, 2009 - keldanker

July 4, 2009 - Scarlett

July 9, 2009 - claylove

July 10, 2009 - gbmifan

July 10, 2009 - georgiesmybaby

July 11, 2009 - duckyvee

July 11, 2009 - FromClaygary

July 15, 2009 - aikim

July 16, 2009 - Thankful4Clay

July 17, 2009 - cha cha trusty

July 20, 2009 - smittenwithclay

July 25, 2009 - FearofH20

Aug 1, 2009 - annabear

Sept 4, 2009 - merrieeee

Sept 9, 2009 - jazzgirl

Sept 15, 2009 - Gibby

Nov 28, 2009 - Couch Tomato

Dec 5, 2009 - jamar1700

I guess ncgurrl and I are tied??

I'm considering going there with my husband. I found a $252. roundtrip from Greensboro fare. The Orleans was a nice place to stay, cheap with a free shuttle to downtown area. If only they had some type of gardening show going on to get him interested, preferably a bonsai show. HMM , thinking, thinking.

clazy, one of the questions that Clay answered was about Josh Gracin (who was his roommate during AI2) saying that Clay sang in his sleep. Clay said Josh was full of crap. That's all - just silly - nothing bad.

Although Clay answered another question about whether he snored or not by saying he didn't know because he was asleep. So maybe Clay actually does sing in his sleep and nobody's told him...

Clay also said that he "wouldn't say" what Josh did in his sleep and followed that with "he's full of crap." Do you think that Clay was hinting at Josh having some toxic gas? That's what I thought he meant.

My personal favorite answer so far was when someone asked Clay what he thought about the now-defunct Brady Theater in Tulsa during the SRHP tour, and Clay said he thought it was defunct back then. Cracked me up. I share his sentiments about that hotbox of an old, smelly venue. What a 180 after Jones Hall the night before.