Thread Title  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What is ournext thread title?

• You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken
    • Clay Aiken - Luxuriously Enticing
    • The House of Aiken de la Clay
    • I'll take Clay any day
    • Our cool boyfriend and his thudworthy thighs
    • Those boys!! Double the CUTENESS / Double the FUN!

*BOCA envy*

Ah, well.

I'm really loving VBOCA! Really really really. :wub:

My Walmart didn't have any, so I just broke down and ordered two. One to open and one to save.

Twins season opener on Monday. The guy who sits next to me at work is a HUGE fan. This should be a fun season.

I want to hear it in my car but my husband was with me all day and he is an NPR listener or wants to talk. I'll take off myself tomorrow. I listened to a few songs on my computer but the speakers are nowhere as good as in my car.

I think Clay has a career goal but it may not be what some of his fans want. I really don't care since it's Clay's life. I'm just excited to see what's next.

My Walmart didn't have any, so I just broke down and ordered two. One to open and one to save.

Twins season opener on Monday. The guy who sits next to me at work is a HUGE fan. This should be a fun season.

Me, too. Ordered from Walmart online.

Me, too. Ordered from Walmart online.

Oy, I'm debating whether to buy from Wal-Mart online or waiting around to see if I can find it in stores. Shipping, bleh. I was chatting with a friend of mine who is a big David Archuleta fan and I mentioned Clay and now she wants a copy of TVBOCA. Guess I'm getting a copy after all!

ETA: Question, does anyone know if the Wal-Mart downloadable version comes with the PDF notes like CDs do from iTunes?

Happy TGIF, FCA! :BlowKiss:

Scrolled through several pages to catch up with you folks. I have been extra busy with gigs, students, preparing for our spring recital, etc. Some are on Spring Break next week, so I hope to hang out more often. :friends:

In addition to CA message boards, it has been great seeing all the "spectacular father" and "ANTM" tweets and retweets at Twitter the past two days. :lol:

My three-day blogging schedule took a hit this week when LAP & LACIE (laptop and external drive) took advantage of my recital prep, jumped in, and penned a Carolina On My Mind entry. They are current (new CD, ANTM info and preview video, etc.), but also took a stroll down memory lane that recalled, among other items, "Hurricane Kai" and included a current photo of my grandson. Hope you enjoy!

Have an awesome weekend, all! :imgtongue:

Caro listen.gif

Caro... I just spent a very happy 45 minutes in your blog... THANKS! I loved every video you had on there and had to play every one of them! Kai is ador.a.ble!!!

I cannot wait for ANTM after seeing the promos... course I know very well that editing can totally mislead, but I bet it great and shows another side of Clay most don't know about.

Did anyone watch "Spectacle" tonight, with Elvis Costello and Elton John? I really enjoyed it. I had a little small thought that Clay might appear on there after his mention of Mr. Costello in conjunction with 30 Rock. But, now, having seen it...I don't really see him fitting the concept.

Really interesting to listen to him and Elton, though, and I'm looking forward to further sessions.

As far as I know, a (female) puppy needs to be 6 months old before she can have her womanhood removed.Maybe things have changed and no one told me.....

Yep. They have. I got my dog from the Humane Society as an 8 week old puppy and she was already fixed. Our Humane Society will not adopt out animals that aren't fixed.

I have always wondered about whether there are any risks involved in getting them fixed when they are young puppies.

All dogs have to be registered here and the difference between the cost to license a 'whole' dog and a 'fixed' dog is negligible. When my local council told me that there was a real problem with too many dogs being unfixed, I tried to get them to consider reducing the cost of a 'fixed' dog and then charging at least 10 times more to register a 'whole' dog once it is 6 months old, and have severe penalties for unlicenced dogs. This is the only way I can think of to reduce the number of unwanted puppies and kittens. Those who are serious about responsible breeding surely wouldn't mind paying the considerably higher cost since there would be fewer puppies available as it would go long way towards reducing and/or eliminating irresponsible backyard breeding. I watched a documentary on puppy mills, it made me sick to my stomach and I continue to be haunted by it.

http://www.claynewsnetwork.com/#

At CANN, the featured video is Clay singing a ballad version of "I Will Carry You" on Oprah. But all I see is a white box. Does anyone know why? I can't find that video via a search on YouTube.

Caro
listen.gif

Caro...
I just spent a very happy 45 minutes in your blog... THANKS! I loved every video you had on there and had to play every one of them! Kai is ador.a.ble!!!

I LOVE her blog too!

Black is the new black ...

At CANN, the featured video is Clay singing a ballad version of "I Will Carry You" on Oprah. But all I see is a white box. Does anyone know why? I can't find that video via a search on YouTube.

It is just an embedded youtube video so I don't know why you'd be getting a white box. The video is available in the Clack Unlimited vault (as are all TV appearances) and to me, it's just so much easier (not to mention better quality) downloading videos from there, rather than streaming them from sites like youtube.

Oprah IWCY at Clack Unlimited Left click on this link, and then right click on the IWCY file to "save as".

Still no BOCA here, but I admit I haven't been out scouring the stores looking, either. Usually there is not much point in this neck of the woods. But I have a couple coming from different places....I'm looking forward to listening for the first time!

We've had really strong winds here since yesterday, and my neighbour's shed has a loose piece of metal on the roof that is making a horrible banging sound. The poor puppy is scared to go out in the yard to pee because of it so I have to go out with her to show her it's ok. Argh, and she seems to have lost the ability to hold her bladder over night since she got spayed, so last night we were up at 2:30 and 5:30 and I gave up trying to sleep after that. LOL. Not that I'm complaining, she isn't having accidents, she is just waking me up to say "hey, I have to go!" :puppykiss: Today, my grand pug puppy is coming to visit. Hee, this will be interesting!

It is just an embedded youtube video so I don't know why you'd be getting a white box. The video is available in the Clack Unlimited vault (as are all TV appearances) and to me, it's just so much easier (not to mention better quality) downloading videos from there, rather than streaming them from sites like youtube.

Oprah IWCY at Clack Unlimited Left click on this link, and then right click on the IWCY file to "save as".

Still no BOCA here, but I admit I haven't been out scouring the stores looking, either. Usually there is not much point in this neck of the woods. But I have a couple coming from different places....I'm looking forward to listening for the first time!

We've had really strong winds here since yesterday, and my neighbour's shed has a loose piece of metal on the roof that is making a horrible banging sound. The poor puppy is scared to go out in the yard to pee because of it so I have to go out with her to show her it's ok. Argh, and she seems to have lost the ability to hold her bladder over night since she got spayed, so last night we were up at 2:30 and 5:30 and I gave up trying to sleep after that. LOL. Not that I'm complaining, she isn't having accidents, she is just waking me up to say "hey, I have to go!" :puppykiss: Today, my grand pug puppy is coming to visit. Hee, this will be interesting!

You're just like a new mom with her newborn baby! Who is going to babysit when you go to NYC with your daughter?

Good Morning Everyone:

4 Days until Judge Aiken is holding Court on ANTM!

:yahoo:

17 Days until Clay receives his Family Equality Council honor!

23 Days until Clay is at Rosie's Benefit!

40 Days until Clay is Rockin' 30 Rock!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Left click on this link, and then right click on the IWCY file to "save as".

luckiest1, thanks so much.

The reason I tend to look for these clips on YouTube is because it is easier to send to someone who is more an NJU than clayfan.

ETA: You're lucky Piper comes and tells you she needs to go outside, that's better than having to clean the carpet. My Jess was an outside dog, the people she was with didn't really include her much, and so when I brought her home and she was actually allowed to be INSIDE the house and sleep on my bed, she just didn't want to go outside unless I took her. She has her own entrance so can come in and out as she pleases. But if I came inside, she would rush in, always worried that she would be locked outside like her first home. I was told that rescued dogs who are treated well by the new owners become wonderful pets and this is exactly what has happened. I cannot get over how loving she is. It wasn't easy at first but the accident was a blessing in disguise. I dropped everything and nurtured her back to full recovery and this is partly the reason she became so bonded to me. I bought professional clippers so I clip her (she does not drop hair), cook for her (she has rarely eaten commercial dog food) and she has become the perfect pet, I never have to worry about her being left at home. She weighs 9.5 kilos so she's like a baby.

Heh, people at work have taken to asking me how my baby is, not my puppy. They don't know it yet, but my sons are going to have to babysit Piper while we're in NYC. I believe my daughter is hoping that my mom will babysit Jersey. I don't think leaving both of them here together would be a good plan. :hahaha:

ETA: claytonic, what kind of a dog is Jess? Sounds like you've done wonders with her.

Did anyone watch "Spectacle" tonight, with Elvis Costello and Elton John? I really enjoyed it. I had a little small thought that Clay might appear on there after his mention of Mr. Costello in conjunction with 30 Rock. But, now, having seen it...I don't really see him fitting the concept.

Really interesting to listen to him and Elton, though, and I'm looking forward to further sessions.

Darn, I wanted to see that! I never even turned the TV on last night, I was too wrapped up in old Grey's Anatomy episodes. What channel does it air on?

Good morning everyone! I'm so glad it's Saturday -- and I still couldn't sleep all that well last night. My allergies have been taking a major hit this year, enough to wake me in the middle of the night. I need a new immune system.

My husband and I are going soon to our local car show. We just love to look at them, even if we're not in the market...yet.

Have a great day everyone!

glaad_01.jpg

SDClay60_tagged_clayheaven.jpg

418825537_QhRT8-XL.jpg

Darn, I wanted to see that! I never even turned the TV on last night, I was too wrapped up in old Grey's Anatomy episodes. What channel does it air on?

Channel 8 for me....CTV Toronto. I would have given my right arse cheek to be in that studio audience!

Check your listings~I wouldn't be surprised it will replay, or you can catch it on On Demand if you have it.

A few new-to-me GLAAD pix. If they've already been posted....oh well! :lol:

post-1461-1238860009_thumb.jpg

post-1461-1238860025_thumb.jpg

post-1461-1238860041_thumb.jpg

I watched Spectacle last night and also really enjoyed it. I too had a fantasy that Clay might be a guest on the show if there is a new season but I expect that the guests will be ones who write their own songs or music and who have been in the music scene for years and are music legends.

The show is on CTV.

I watched Spectacle last night and also really enjoyed it. I too had a fantasy that Clay might be a guest on the show if there is a new season but I expect that the guests will be ones who write their own songs or music and who have been in the music scene for years and are music legends.

The show is on CTV.

My bolding....yes, exactly.

Sorry no Clay content... but since we have some pet lovers here, I wanted to post something my mom sent me. I think its so hilarious (and kinda true too):

The Story of Adam & Eve's Pets

Adam and Eve said, 'Lord, when we were in the garden, you walked with us every day. Now we do not see you any more. We are lonesome here, and it is difficult for us to remember how much you love us.'

And God said, I will create a companion for you that will be with you and who will be a reflection of my love for you, so that you will love me even when you cannot see me. Regardless of how selfish or childish or unlovable you may be, this new companion will accept you as you are and will love you as I do, in spite of yourselves.'

And God created a new

animal to be a companion for Adam and Eve.

And it was a good animal

And God was pleased.

And the new animal was pleased to be with Adam and Eve and he wagged his tail.

And Adam said, 'Lord, I have already named all the animals in the Kingdom and I cannot think of a name for this new animal.'

And God said, 'I have created this new animal to be a reflection of my love for you, his name will be a reflection of my own name, and you will call him DOG.'

And Dog lived with Adam and Eve and was a companion to them and loved them.

And they were comforted

And God was pleased.

And Dog was content and wagged his tail.

After a while, it came to pass that an angel came to the Lord and said, 'Lord, Adam and Eve have become filled with pride. They strut and preen like peacocks and they believe they are worthy of adoration. Dog has indeed taught them that they are loved, but perhaps too well.'

And God said, I will create for them a companion who will be with them and who will see them

as they are. The companion will remind them of their limitations, so they will know that they are not always worthy of adoration.'

And God created CAT to be a companion to Adam and Eve.

And Cat would not obey them. And when Adam and Eve gazed into Cat's eyes, they were reminded that they were not the supreme beings.

And Adam and Eve learned humility.

And they were greatly improved.

And God was pleased . . . . . .

And Dog was happy. . . . .

And Cat didn't give a shit one way or other....

THE END

by the way... she sent this to me because we both love dogs and cats!

From Twitter, this is a radio station in Memphis (104.5 WRVR The River)

http://www.wrvr.com/

Thanks for working with the River this morning. I've been told I have to include Clay Aiken in our Idol music so he's on the way too

about 3 hours ago from web

Woo Hoo! Friday! I know it may still be Thursday for you but be happy anyway. The Beatles and your American Idols coming up on the River

about 5 hours ago from web

Interestng "tweet" for sure. I have no idea what it means or if it means anything but it's intriguing for sure.

I reeeeeellly feel like there's something upcoming! Eeeeeeehhhhhhhhh!!! :dancingpickle:

I just noticed an update to the above:

re: WRVR radio's mandate to play Clay Aiken - apparently it was "Invisible" that got added to their playlist, per Yes.com - they've played it at least twice in the last 24 hours.

And an update that's pretty important, posted hours ago on CH. I guess no one brought it to CV:

That radio station, WRVR, has been playing Invisible almost every day for a while now. It's not a case of them just now adding it to their playlist. I've been watching yes.com for months, and have seen it played there often.

So it seems strange that the DJ would state that he has suddenly been told to play the song. It doesn't make any sense. It's already on their playlist

I posted basically the same thing at CV that Morganette posted at CH. But nobody noticed. Of course, that is not unusual. ;)

Hi FCA!!

My three-day blogging schedule took a hit this week when LAP & LACIE (laptop and external drive) took advantage of my recital prep, jumped in, and penned a Carolina On My Mind entry. They are current (new CD, ANTM info and preview video, etc.), but also took a stroll down memory lane that recalled, among other items, "Hurricane Kai" and included a current photo of my grandson. Hope you enjoy!

Caro... I just spent a very happy 45 minutes in your blog... THANKS! I loved every video you had on there and had to play every one of them! Kai is ador.a.ble!!!

I LOVE her blog too!

Thank you, liney23 and claytonic. I'm glad you enjoyed the blog. I need to stop by FCA more often, LOL! :thbighug-1:

You probably don't want me to write a blog today. With the NCAA semi-finals, I am in total basketball mode. I have a Carolina friend who is already wearing the sweatshirt she had on the night the Heels won the NCAA in 2005. We have a deal. If things get really tough, I get the Bible I prayed on during the three overtimes against Kansas when I was a kid. We're quite a pair! :hahaha:

Love TVBOCA and played it first thing this morning. Y'all have a great weekend! Go, Tar Heels!!! yahoo.gif

Caro listen.gif

:clap:

I root for them, since they're not in our league. Except of course when they play the Royals. Then I root for every good thing that happens for both teams. (waves to bookwhore)

Philles season opener is tomorrow night. :clap:

Baseball is a good thing