Gala 2009 - After Gala Breakfast

FromClaygary

Holy shit! Are that many people going to be able to get Gala tickets? That's making me really, really nervous. Starting to consider buying a $1000 (even though I can't afford it).

:bitenails:

How much room is there? Justclay was asking me about this. Plan is for me, Justclay, YYG, Nickikiwi and I think 3 of YYG's friends. Is there room for that many for breakfast?

Likely, I'd better check flight times first huh?

Ya just gotta have faith

Faith

Faith

Faith

*clears throat* It's an Eli Stone thing.

I just figure where there's a will, there's a way. And no, I do not have $1000 either.

I think FromClaygary was the one making arrangements for breakfast, so you might want to check with her if we have a max number.

List done to here.

Yaaaay re the BFL arrangements Fear!! Looking forward to it!

canfly172, I don't think we need to worry too much about the number of people. The private room can hold 50-ish, but there will be people cancelling as plans change....and the 50-ish is just in the private room, which opens to the main dining room. Seating would be available in the main as well, and it's easy to just wander back and forth. Shouldn't be a big deal.

Ya just gotta have faith

Faith

Faith

Faith

Sounds like a George Michael thing. That.song.is.stuck.in.my.head.now.thanks

Nicki is gonna have to be in charge of dragging Justclay and Canfly's sorry asses outta bed, lol.

Ya just gotta have faith

Faith

Faith

Faith

Sounds like a George Michael thing. That.song.is.stuck.in.my.head.now.thanks

Nicki is gonna have to be in charge of dragging Justclay and Canfly's sorry asses outta bed, lol.

BTW, I have a room and Nicki has a room, so I think we have room for one more if anybody get stuck for a bed. I ain't sharin' with Justclay. She says she snores!

:lalala:

I was FINALLY able to confirm the private room for our breakfast today (after numerous not-returned phone calls :( ).

So....I think we're good! FearofH2O has Beads for Life all organized, and I have asked for a table specifically for her.

If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to PM me....otherwise, see you there! I will continue to check this thread as well for people wanting to be added, although unless we have some who have to change their plans :hug3: that will likely mean a seat in the main dining area and the invitation to wander over our way whenever you feel like it.

Just a reminder.....PLEASE let me know if your plans change and you will not be able to attend so that we have a count for the hotel.

:hello:

Just a reminder.....PLEASE let me know if your plans change and you will not be able to attend so that we have a count for the hotel.

Unfortunately, I won't be getting to Raleigh this year. We're heading into week 4 of the strike and my travel fund has become my contingency fund.

Hope everyone attending has a blast at the gala and the breakfast!

((((Bella19)))) I didn't realize you were involved in that mess as well!

Thanks for letting me know.....next year in Raleigh! :)

Thanks - I'll cross my fingers for next year!

My BF was over for lunch today and, although we hate being off work (never mind the financial implications!), we're both using the time to get stuff done around the house. My laundry room is finally finished after almost 6 years of living in this house. :)

Bella19, it's so sad when real life interferes in our fun. I'm sure there will be an even bigger Clay event to attend soon.

I just wanted to let you all know how thorough the Beads for Life people are. So far I have gotten two emails asking me if I have any questions and one phone call. She said she would call me again a few weeks before the event.

I hope this is just a side event for most and you will still bid on the Gala items as you had previously planned to. Both are worthwhile causes but for the BAF this is their big one for the year.

Looking forward to seeing you all in under 100 days.

luckiest, not at the last Gala but at the one before in 2008, I picked up several baskets of goodies and a beach print for around $100. Some things don't get many bids. Last year I wanted a few of those mountain cottage weekends but they got up higher than I would have paid if I rented one , so , yeah some things get too high.

I'll buy a few beads but I'll also bid on a few things at the Gala, whether I get them or not. I've got a job this year so I'm socking a little away for the Gala.

ETA: Thanks luckiest, I did mean $100. Guess i forgot the shift key for $. :cryingwlaughter:

I will be bidding and also be buying beads. I plan to get a lot of my Christmas shopping done. Last time I won the bid on a Clay centric item. This time I plan to bid on some of the jewelry and what nots. Compared to the prices at the street fair that was going on down the street on Sunday the auction items went for fair prices.

I never have enough $$ to be able to bid on gala items, but I'm looking forward to being able to pick up some beads for myself and also for Christmas gifts.

Where will you get the beads?

FearOfH20 is going to sell Beads For Life at the breakfast. They are a great organization that Clay turned us on to a few years back. I sold them during one of the Christmas tours....2006 I think. The organization sends the person a large shipment of jewellry (necklaces, bracelets, earrings, etc) and the person in turn sells them at the rates they are advised to. Then, they return the money and any left over jewellry to the organization when they are finished. You can read more about it at http://www.beadforlife.org/.

FearOfH20 is going to sell Beads For Life at the breakfast. They are a great organization that Clay turned us on to a few years back. I sold them during one of the Christmas tours....2006 I think. The organization sends the person a large shipment of jewellry (necklaces, bracelets, earrings, etc) and the person in turn sells them at the rates they are advised to. Then, they return the money and any left over jewellry to the organization when they are finished. You can read more about it here.

the link didn't work but that's ok

For those looking to do some Christmas shopping, I think this year is going to be an EXCELLENT one to do that at the Gala auction!

Unlike prior years where large (mostly corporate) donated items have been the norm, they have had a call for donations out at large...so I think you will see lots of smaller items, and lots of non-Clay items. Perfect for Christmas shopping! :) As will the Beads for Life be perfect for gifts of any kind.