Gala 2009 - After Gala Breakfast

FromClaygary

Wow! It'll be great to see you again ldyjocelyn. I think I last saw you at the IT in W-S.

ncgurrl, although I have a Prius I can fit three people in my car. I'll be driving in that morning so I won't have a problem picking up you and anyone else that morning.

Thank you so much for all your hard work! We should be able to come and stay until about 11:00 and then boogie to the airport for our 1:15 flight. :)

yaaay!! I'm so glad that worked!

Tyr na nOg Irish Pub and Restaurant

I will still be attending. The four block walk is an issue for me but I will figure it out.

ncgurrl

ncgurrl, I'm sure we'll have some drivers (see below!) I understand parking in the area is pretty easy, so it shouldn't be a problem.

*clears throat*

I'm going to try to be there this year. It will totally depend on me getting a ticket to the Gala first, but when that happens (and it will!), I'll try to be there at the party!

Yes it will!!.....and it'll be good to see you again! I'll add you to the list.

*clears throat*

I'm going to try to be there this year. It will totally depend on me getting a ticket to the Gala first, but when that happens (and it will!), I'll try to be there at the party!

I hope it all works out and we can room together. My sunday afternoon flight is at 2pm so it will be a rush, won't be able to stay long at the breakfast but it will be fun.

Thanks FromCalgary, for all the hard work on arranging this breakfast. If I get a ticket, I will be there for sure.

I am expecting at this point in time to drive from Indiana to Raleigh, therefore I will have a car available for those who might need a ride to the restaurant.

Thanks FromCalgary, for all the hard work on arranging this breakfast. If I get a ticket, I will be there for sure.

I am expecting at this point in time to drive from Indiana to Raleigh, therefore I will have a car available for those who might need a ride to the restaurant.

Thanks so much for the offer of your car, it will be good to see you again!

Perma, it's looking good, huh? If everyone on the list can get tickets *praystoticketgods* we'll likely even spill over into the main room at Tyr, but that shouldn't be a big deal.

List updated to here.

Gotcha, cotton!

...and Fear, I forgot to ask, but I don't see it being a problem. Most of us are going to be in the private room...we may have some "leakover" to the main dining area depending on the final number, but we'd make sure the BFL table is in the private room, and then I think we're fine.

Just back from two weeks vacation......thanks for the heads-up. Providing we can get tickets, my daughter and I will be there. Location no problem.

I am determined if nothing else, when it comes to these tickets...but $1000.....geesh !!!! I'd have to sell my hubby or at least something of his...he,he. Out of my range, for sure !!! Fingers crossed...eyes too !!!!!!! :loveclaysbutt:

How long do we think this brunch will last? It starts at 10, right? And how long should it take to the airport? I don't have my plane tickets yet, and want to know what time I should shoot for in getting a flight back! Any help would be appreciated!

From downtown to the airport should take less than half an hour. RDU is one of those airports where you need to allow plenty of time to get through security, so factor that in as well. It's a great "little" airport to hang out in, BTW, with a great little used bookstore and A Southern Season to shop in. ("Little" in comparison to Charlotte, for example, which is like a mall, or big city airports like Detroit or Atlanta.)

I'll be glad to give you a ride from the breakfast to the airport, and I have room for two others as well.

Cool! I'll take you up on that offer...and buy you a drink after the Gala. Can't wait to meet you!

What time should I plan for the brunch to be finished, do you think? If I get a flight at 2:00 or so, am I good?

Two will probably work if there isn't a delay checking in. I think they say arrive an hour and a half early. If it were me, I'd go for 3 pm, but I'm one of those people who likes to be way early for flights. (Unlike KAndre. Heh.)