#51: You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken

Thread Title Poll  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay is stil around, getting bigger balls, better hair, and broader shoulders.
    • "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."
    • Simon Says: Shut Up And Sing 2 (Learning to keep mah foot outta mah mouth)
    • Clay Aiken: Just like Timex...takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

Home sweet home!

I had to catch up first. So glad to hear Clay's voice again. I know there was Spam but still.. it was just good to see him on a stage and to hear that laugh. Tour Clay is my favorite Clay and I really miss it. I thought he looked great. I didn't have the best seats so had to rely on the jumbo tron. I loved You're my inspiration most...have always loved that song. I'm glad there was a clear cell stream. And the little elf looks serious and busy across the room. I think the show ran long with the surprises so we didn't get Unchained Melody but it's totally understandable but he was part of the encore which I can't wait to see again cuz the jumbo tron didn't stay focused where I wanted it to be :cryingwlaughter: .

I do have to say that FOR ME that was the longest 3 hours of my life. It felt like 6. I enjoyed it in spurts but then 30 minutes would go by and I had to literally wake myself up. Really, I knew most of his songs..didn't know they were HIS songs. But I loved chicago and EWF back in the day. I really enjoyed the things that sparked some memory for me like Phillip Bailey singing September. That was my first concert (I think or one of the first) and this song was a favorite of mine in high school. And believe it or not but Paul Anka and Donny Osmond were favorites for me. I used to love watching Donny and Marie. I knew them from TV not really any records they released The only act I enjoyed from David's label was Peter Cincotti - or however you spell it. I thought he was fantastic. Would be interested in hearing the song Clay liked so much. I thought the audience participation bombed.

OK got distracted by the President's performance tonight at the White Correpondents dinner...Hilarious.

Where was I.. The Prayer -- Hannah/Clay. Enough said there. Charice was cute and I love her persona and attitude. But I wanted her to stop screaming at me. I think she blew out an eardrum and threw off my equlibrium for about 30 minutes. Totally made me appreciate pre crack head Whitney and of all people Kelly Clarkson who have some nuance. But I see some things there to appreciate for my neice who needs Filipina role models in her life along with the African American role models. I will however continue to say we don't get radio Disney..even though she's almost on to me about that :hahaha: Oh ya'll know soul is my favorite kind of singing. Guess who I don't like. Brian McKnight hee. The only song of his I liked was I Believe I can Fly and I think the movie had something to do with that. And when he first started singing that Al Jarreau song I thought oh..he's not so bad. But then he sang his own song and I remembered. Then they broght out his two kids that sound just like him BWAH. LOVE Cher. Would have loved to hear her sing something.

Sorry I didn't get to see anyone -- well it would have helped if I trusted myself out in public today. I did see DiamondJake! waves! All in all I'd do it again in a minute.

And to the eHP. Give Scarlett a key next time! She's done good. :cryingwlaughter:

Clay also said that in LTS
he regretted that his relationship with Ray wasn't better and he also took some responsibility for that..
.he said in the end he realized that Ray did the best he could and it could have been if they both worked at it...amazing that he was able to forgive Ray and not be bitter and angry.

I thought Clay was very generous in his attitude, too generous as far as I am concerned. After all, he was the child without any power. Ray was the adult in that relationship.

While I agree that everyone remembers incidents differently, I don't believe he could have repeatedly had it so wrong with every recount. That book surely would have hurt Brett and Faye in some way, after all, they both loved Ray deeply. I cannot imagine for one moment that Clay would deliberately embellish stories like that, compromising his brother and mother for the sake of book sales. It's one thing to sensationalize say, an event at a prom, but this stuff we are talking about is far too serious to dismiss as unsubstantiated. Would Faye have allowed Clay to say in his book that she told him Ray wasn't capable of loving child that wasn't his own? I hope not.

My own relatives were incapable of loving me. I was only 8 with a sibling of twins when my mother died and my father abandoned us. My rich aunt and uncles made me work really hard for my bed, food, school fees, uniform, fare and every thing else. Treated like a slave with little food at irregular hours and allowed to sleep about 4-6 hours, I was ordered to do every chore and job in the big house (laundry, babysitting, janitorial) in the businesses (restaurants, groceries, bakeries) and farms (poultry, piggery, vegetable). My cousins treated me like their servant until I left when I was 17. After decades, my grown-up cousins have forgotten what they did to me but an aunt remembered her meanness and was apologetic. To this day, two of my 5 aunts often tell my nieces the hardship I went through. I have forgiven them all and visit them when I can. The wounds had healed but the scars remained.

Some of those who witnessed the abuse and ill-treatment are still alive but we don't talk about the past unless we want to point out some lessons learned such as the Golden Rule, perseverance or patience, gratitude and humility vs pride, and so on. One witness who is now very old saw me last year at the former rich aunt's birthday and reunion. She was surprised or shocked to see me! She hugged me for a long time and was teary-eyed. I knew she remembered. Although a few showed kindness to me at that time when my uncle and aunt were not around, none dared to protect me because they were afraid of the bosses.

Yes, it's a miracle I'm still alive, happier than most of my cousins in California, Canada, Australia, Japan and in the Philippines. I thank God for everything.

My point is those who did wrong often forget what they did or are blind and too proud to admit it. Those who suffered don't have to and will not want to prove their story. It's too painful to go back for every detail but there is always one or more who can verify the facts in a case like this.

Thank you so much for all the Clack-gathering well-wishes, good thoughts and crossed fingers and toes!!! Anyone still awake? This is a temporary link until it's uploaded to the vaults:

DF Medley 178MB (mpg version)

Many, many thanks to artquest for letting me use her seat!!!

ETA: {{{beryl}}}

cake-mothers-day.jpg

Special hugs to ldyjocelyn and others who are missing their moms on this day.

And best wishes to Jaymes on her first Mother's Day as a mom - may her day be filled with much happiness and major CUTENESS!

clayjaymesandparker_filtered.jpg

================================================================================

Thanks for all the red from last night and especially for the Clack that is to come! :BlowKiss:

EEEEEEEEEEEE! Thanks for all the reports and recaps and thank you Scarlett for being so prompt! Sucks that I am at Mom's where it's gonna take over 2 hours to get it but that's ok. Can't wait!

From CH:

From Artquest: Clay at Foster and Friends

I will post at CV, OFC and Clayboard.

A bit of clack coming in from Yollie - watch this space!

Video from yollie (first part of Clay's performance):

RIGHT click and save

090509_DFandFriends_Part-1_yollie.wmv - 85.3 mbs

090509_DFandFriends_Part-1_yollie_dialup.wmv - 15 mbs

Couchie, was it only because I was really tired last night, or do all of David's arrangements sound the same? The cellstream was great, but sometimes it distorts things. It sounded to me like he was really banging away on the piano. Nothing subtle about it.

Scarlett's mpeg is downloading away, but I had to cheat for a couple of minutes and grab the samll wmv from pax's site to get a quick Clack fix. Clay looks wonderful and it's so good to see him sing again.

Oh, how great is it to hear Clay's voice again and to see that humble expression on his face when David says what a great honour it is to have him sing??? Brought tears to my eyes this morning. I can't wait for the next tour and also the Raleigh gala in October!

ETA: Thank you David for giving him this opportunity. Thank you Clay for taking it. Thank you to everyone who went to Vegas for supporting him/them and for bringing back your memories and your clack. I'm all schmoopie now.

More from CH:

From ymarie at CV:

Hi all,

It's 3:27 here and we just got home. cotton got some video, too, but won't be able to get it up until Tuesday. Clay did come briefly to the Foster after-party, and sang one of the most beautiful renditions of Unchained Melody I've heard yet. He was standing 10 feet away from us and looked so gorgeous. We saw him again briefly an hour or so later posing for pictures with some people, then Jerome whisked him down the escalator with a suitcase. And poof, he was gone again.

We are exhausted so will post more tomorrow, or actually later this morning.

Good Morning Everyone,

Happy Mother's Day and a Very Happy Mother's Day to Jaymes!

4 Days until Clay's Unforgettable Performance on 30 Rock!:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Wow, what a great week this is, DF gala and 30 Rock. Yay! I met an old friend for coffee yesterday....this is the same old friend who has been completely resistent to anything Clay for the past 5 years....wouldn't come to the Jukebox tour in Toronto with me even though I had an extra (free) seat for her, etc. So she tells me that she is "in love with" Adam Lambert, and would happily follow him around the country, like I do Clay. Then we move on to talking about TV shows, and she tells me she loves and watches 30 Rock every week. Hee, isn't she in for a surprise? :cryingwlaughter:

Eeep, I'll stop post whoring now. Just an exciting morning! :dancingpickle:

A bit of clack coming in from Yollie - watch this space!

Video
from yollie (first part of Clay's performance):

RIGHT click and save

- 85.3 mbs

- 15 mbs

Thanks so much for those links. David Foster is such a lovely man. I love the way Clay looks, his hair looks natural and I love the "scruffy chic" look, shirt hanging out, loosened tie. He looks relaxed and happy, I think Clay is experiencing some of the best times in his life right now.

Thanks to everyone who brought over the goodies from other boards. I can't seem to get scarlett's link to work though, I wonder what I am doing wrong.

I wonder what special surprises Clay has up his sleeve for Jaymes for Mother's Day.

Couchie, I know Charice sometimes strains her voice too much, and it doesn't sound as good as it could. When she is in top form, as she was on Oprah, she is just incredible. No doubt she has the right people advising her about how to use and look after her voice properly. She is still very young and needs guidance - I am surprised that she is still lapsing into "I'm not living without choo" from AIATY, as I was sure it would be corrected. The natural talent is there although I do worry a little that it's all happened too fast for someone who is essentially still a child.

claytonic, you have to right click and choose "save target as" on Scarlett's link. It should then start downloading to your computer. Same with the links I posted, you should not left click them either. I think we've had this discussion before. :cryingwlaughter:

ETA: Some mp3 clack from ClackUnlimited (left click this link, then right click the file you want to save to your computer):

claytonic
, you have to right click and choose "save target as" on
Scarlett
's link. It should then start downloading to your computer. Same with the links I posted, you should not left click them either. I think we've had this discussion before.
:cryingwlaughter:

ETA: Some mp3 clack from ClackUnlimited (left click this link, then right click the file you want to save to your computer):

Thanks, scarlett's MPG is now downloading.

But of course it's all her fault for not idiot-proofing it by spoon-feeding the instructions like you do... :lilredani:

p.s. Yes I KNOW we have had this conversation before and in fact I did know the rules but I reserve the right to have senior moments. :peace:

Happy Mothers Day!

:babies_82: :bloomingflowers::puppykiss:

Mother, grandmother, aunt, godmother, pet mother! I hope everyone has a great day.

beryl, thanks for your story. I sometimes forget how easy I had it as a child.

ldyjocelyn I hope today is filled with good thoughts.

Is anyone sick of recaps yet? Here are some from CV.

Hi everyone!! :biggrin: We're finally back in our room! It's 2am and we're pretty spent but I'm the most rested so I'm pumped, wired and excited. OMG!! I was sitting fairly close thanks to upgraded tickets and was with Yaknelle. He was so gorgeous! So, so gorgeous. We melted when he took the stage, the oufit of jeans, white shirt, and tie, a little bit scruffy but sexy as hell. Totally at ease and just so comfortable with David, sitting on a stool, looking uber cool and singing Peter Cetera's medley.

It was so awesome seeing him again. He sounded wonderful. Yak and I both felt that we NEED a tour and we need it now. Gah! It was so sweet when David introduced him and said how he loved him and that he was family now. We were disappointed that he didnt' sing another song but, gosh, there were so many people on stage performing and he got as much time as most everyone and we really felt that even though Paul

Anka may have been expected or hoped for, Donny Osmosd seemed to be a surprise and If Cher wasn't, David is a far better actor that I thought he was. '

It was such a fun concert. I screamed when Paul Anka came out! He was hysterical and adorable.

It was so exciting being there and seeing and hearing Charice's fans. Most of the Filipinos on the West Coast were in attendance and loud and proud. They were so incredibly excited and showing her the love and she delivered for them.

In the final number, Clay's voice stood out, not louder than the others but unique and you would never have mistaken it for anyone else. He also seemed in a huge hurry to leave. He stayed for their bow but then hurried off the stage before anyone else. He either had a plane to catch or had to pee like a trouper. When we hear whether he was at the after party, we might know our answer.

Anyway, it seems like you had fantastic audio and for that I'm so glad. He fit in with this crowd of performers like a legend himself and it was awesome. I'm so grateful that I was able to be here.

eta: The opera singer, K. Jenkins sucked big time, not as a singer, but her genre didn't fit in AT ALL. If we'd had a hook, we'd have yanked her off the stage.

p.s. Yes I KNOW we have had this conversation before and in fact I did know the rules but I reserve the right to have senior moments. :peace:

Rule of thumb: pass your mouse over the link and check in the status bar at the bottom of your screen to see if you are linking to an actual media file (.mpg, .wmv, .mp3, etc) or if you are linking to a website (.html, etc). If it's a site, you are ok to left click. If it's a media file, unless you have been given implicit instructions to STREAM it, you should always right click and save the file to your computer, because STREAMING is bad, it eats up bandwidth like crazy and ends up costing the person hosting the file money (or uses their bandwidth up faster than it should, limiting how many other people can download the file). :lilredani:

ETA: For the vaults (ClackUnlimited, etc) the link given is usually to a page (.html) that lists all the different files from that event. You have to left click the link to get to the page. Then once you are there, you would right click on the links to the files to save them to your computer.

Oh wow, deborah760's mp3s are fantastic! I can't wait to get home and get this new clack onto my iPod!

I'm at 77% downloaded for Scarlett's file. Soon!

Guess who I don't like. Brian McKnight hee. The only song of his I liked was I Believe I can Fly and I think the movie had something to do with that.

Or maybe the fact that it was R. Kelley that sang it and not Brian McKnight? :hahaha:

You know, I don't think Brian necessarily has a great voice but he's been paired with some great songs....like One Last Cry. And he came on to the scene at a time when there really wasn't anyone working that genre so much anymore.

---

Geez...it's taking forever to download Scarlets file. :blink: It's a big one!

Thanks to all who went and brought recaps and videos and mp3 files. :BlowKiss: I worked in the yard all day yesterday and it was all I could do to stay up until the end of the baseball game in my own time zone and even that I watched the 9th inning from bed.

Guess I'll go start the vacuuming while I wait. Oy. The dog hair.

Then it's off to lunch and STAR TREK for Mother's Day!!!! :clap:

Guess who I don't like. Brian McKnight hee. The only song of his I liked was I Believe I can Fly and I think the movie had something to do with that.

Or maybe the fact that it was R. Kelley that sang it and not Brian McKnight? :hahaha:

You know, I don't think Brian necessarily has a great voice but he's been paired with some great songs....like One Last Cry. And he came on to the scene at a time when there really wasn't anyone working that genre so much anymore.

bwah.. then I don't like anything he does. And god help me that it's R.Kelly.I probably was trying to forget that :cryingwlaughter: BM is like K.Sweat to me..they have something in their voices that makes it sound like they are begging and whining LOL. Keith Sweat has ONE song I like - make it last forever. That's it. Hope I'm right that he sings that hee.

Lilyshine.. it didn't feel like that the entire night..at least I didn't notice it but then in some cases it would really sound that way. Don't know if that's a hazard for piano players when they are the key instrument.

OK Better run. I have NO IDEA how I'm getting home from SJ airport. I may have to walk LOL. I did enjoy Heather Headly. her voice is unique. And those arms..she has a right to bare arms too. hee.

Glad there is clack.

See ya'll later!

Evangeline on CH is asking that anyone downloading Scarlett's file from her site quit, so she can get it loaded to the vaults.

More from pax at CH:

Video from yollie (second part of Clay's performance):

RIGHT click and save

090509_DFandFriends_Part-2_yollie.wmv - 100.8 mbs

090509_DFandFriends_Part-2_yollie_dialup.wmv - 20.2 mbs

Happy Mothers Day!

:babies_82: :bloomingflowers::puppykiss:

Mother, grandmother, aunt, godmother, pet mother! I hope everyone has a great day.

beryl, thanks for your story. I sometimes forget how easy I had it as a child.

ldyjocelyn I hope today is filled with good thoughts.

Didn't mean to make anybody sad but I don't know of any motherless child who had a very happy childhood or easy teenage years. It's my way of saying Moms are great; without them, there would be no adorable babies, be no children and grandchildren!!

Here's a few lines of my version to the tune of John Lennon's "Imagine".

Imagine there's no Faye, and no Jaymes Foster,

Imagine there's no Clay, and baby Parker too, oh hu, hu, hu hu... :cry4:

Scarlett's files are now available at the ClackUnlimited vault in all formats:

http://www.clackunlimited.com/clack/Specia...riends/Scarlett

ETA: Oh, wow, that is primo clack, Scarlett. Thank you so much! :BlowKiss: Did you record the finale America song as well? How cool is it that Clay sang the opening lines?

Now I'm just praying that someone got UM from the private VIP thingy, too. Even audio would be ok. *crosses fingers*

Happy Mother's Day FCA! We plan to throw our diets out the window today and have lunch at Boston Pizza.

I have a question for all the musicians and real music lovers out there.

To my very untrained ear, the bits that Clay sang sounded very simple, basic and predictable in musical terms. My thought is that I've gotten used to much more complex and nuanced music from Clay.

Or it could be that it's just because they are only snippets of a whole song. Any comments????

I freely admit I don't really know the whole songs though I recognize the catch phrases.

ETA Happy Day to all you Mothers out there!