#51: You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken

Thread Title Poll  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay is stil around, getting bigger balls, better hair, and broader shoulders.
    • "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."
    • Simon Says: Shut Up And Sing 2 (Learning to keep mah foot outta mah mouth)
    • Clay Aiken: Just like Timex...takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

Just can't add much to that - and it was not like Prop 8 passed with 100% voting one way or the other.

GollyGeeWiz I had no idea... I thought voting always represented either 100% one way or the other. D101 D101 D101. Here, let me slap the side of my own head so you don't have to hurt YOUR hand doing it.

AI is just a TV show.

Yes I know, I am so sorry about writing about a TV show and that such drivel could have compelled you to drag yourself away from your ball game in order to enlighten me. I guess my frivolous interest in new artists in the music scene is less important.

Adam is just another singer.

<sigh> You're so right, so, so very right. In fact, absolutely right. Dammit, these singers who go on TV in high-rating, major singing competitions, causing viewers to have opinions about them. Who do they think they are? I feel your pain.

I don't even think the vote was any kind of statement, as Clay says.

Oh wait, did Clay say that? OK, then that must be right. Thanks for informing me, I would hate to ever disagree with what Clay says, unless of course he says he is stubborn, in which case I know I need to understand that when Clay said he was stubborn, he wasn't really saying he was stubborn and only myopic idjits would read the word "stubborn" and ASSume he is speaking English. OMG, what a tantrum you threw when a member of this board had the audacity to say that Clay was stubborn, something Clay stated about himself in LTS. But thank you for reminding me, I really must smack myself in this regard. Wait, let me get the whip, that will leave some long term marks as a tangible reminder and maybe even cause some kind of short term bleeding.

In fact, for every person who theoretically rebelled against the judges' pimpage, there may have been a person who wanted to climb on what was supposed to be the winning train.

Oh, that is really a difficult concept for me to grasp. I may need time to digest it but I don't really know if I am capable. Can you pretty-please retype all that .... but s-l-o-w-e-r and no big words.

Maybe the voting is more meaningful in smaller countries or something?

Um dunno... I personally would not know as I am not as clever as anyone living in the U.S. of A. How dare anyone from some faraway insignificant country with a negligible population have a difference of opinion with an AMERICAN. God Bless America, fearless leader of the world. But waaaaaaiiiiit... weren't you the patriotic American who was upset because you wanted to come and live in MY small, American-butt-kissing country but you didn't meet the selection criteria... let me put it in another way... we.didn't.want.you. It must be awful to miss out on the benefits of living in a country that has a free health scheme, where lottery winnings - woohoo to me - are tax-free, where the life-style is arguably one of the best in the world. But look on the bright side, YOUR BIG COUNTRY gets to determine which country to attack, and all you have to do is tell my country to kiss your ass because we're either with you or against you. Don't you dare make such a snide put-down about my country again.

As an "original online fan", I do tend to be dismissive of anything applied across-the-board to "us" or "we" or whatever. And will continue to be dismissive.

First, show me what across-the-board whatever I applied to "you", plural. Secondly, darnit, I forgot... I am not an original fan, I only discovered Clay a year later than the original fans. I should listen to the original fans, they are always right, they know what to dismiss, what not to dismiss, who is a good singer, who is not, who is a good fan, who is not. Hail the original fans, may you always put new fans in their place ... if they want to be a Clay fan, they must never have an opinion of their own, especially if they are repeating an opinion Clay expressed about himself that you don't agree with. (so... were you calling Clay a liar or just delusional?) So Clay doesn't need new fans, he has the original ones, except, of course, for the original ones who have left because they can't support gay artists. Hm, is it better to be an original fan who left the fandom, or be a non-original who accepts Clay exactly as he is. That's a hard question. Way too hard for a non-original, non-American fan to try and figure out.

And predicting patterns? Bwahahaha! Sometimes I can correctly predict the posters, for and against something. I do resent the implication that if Adam was straight, I would like him and/or vote for him. Nope. Has nothing to do with it. Maybe roll my eyes at the implication would be more accurate.

I am so sorry for causing you to feel negative emotions such as resentment because I posted a what-the-heck prediction. Please try your very-very best to believe me when I say I didn't actually imply any such thing but it is clearly my fault that I nevertheless caused you to ASSume it due to my poor communication skills. Must be because I am lapsing back to the time in my life when I spoke two other languages and not a word of English. Let me think back to yet another smaller, non-American country I was living in back then.

You know, I have an idea, why don't you block me, then you don't have to force yourself to nit-pick and come up with any little thing you can think of in order to DIFFER. You know, there is a way to differ with someone without flippant rudeness. I am not the only one who has been keeping track of the way you have been stalking my posts for no reason other than to deliberately refute every.single.thing I say, even if it means clutching at straws to do it. At first I thought I was imagining it, so I started making some deliberate posts and you took the bait, every time. Heck, I have now come to the conclusion that if I were to mention that my own dog was mostly black, you'd find a way to differ with my definition of what constitutes a black dog that belongs to me. What have I done to you ... what, have a conflict with one of your board-member friends and you are trying to chalk up some feel-good brownie points in your favor? For the most part, I don't hold grudges. I have a disagreement and tomorrow is a new day. Life is too short for grudges. If I 'stab' anyone, I 'stab them in the front' where they can defend themselves. That's the difference. I don't entertain myself by b*tching about people behind their backs and then acting it out on the board. Good grief, I almost offered two members of this board tickets to Vegas to see Clay but in the end, couldn't decide who to ask. And there was only one person on this board I wouldn't have offered it to. That's how much I don't hold grudges.

I would hate for you to read my posts and have feelings of resentment towards some tiresome non-American, non-original Clay fan. That will free up more time for you to watch your ball game in peace, resting-assured that I know nothing about ball games except that there is usually a ball involved. It means I will never post anything about ball games that you have to read and refute. I promise to never learn to understand a ball game because of the danger that I may become a ball-game-fan, but worse, a non-original, non-American ball-game-fan.

So is it a deal? Block me. PLEASE. Ok, I could block you, but I've never had to do it before on any forum.

And mods/admin, before you tell me I should have taken this post to PM, please be told that I did try but djs111 is not accepting PMs. However, a couple or so months ago, I DID succeed in sending a PM and asking pretty much what the ??? If you want to see the post and the response, I will forward it to you.

It wouldn't surprise me that another point Clay was trying to make, is the point he brought up in response to a different question for a suggestion on a "gay man's biography". Which was, that just because he is gay does not mean that's all he is about. I saw many, many, many posters who just assumed that because they think Adam is gay (he must have slept with SO many people...because he's never said so!)....that Clay would be a "fan". To be honest, I think that kind of pissed him off also.

It wouldn't surprise me that another point Clay was trying to make, is the point he brought up in response to a different question for a suggestion on a "gay man's biography". Which was, that just because he is gay does not mean that's all he is about. I saw many, many, many posters who just assumed that because they think Adam is gay (he must have slept with SO many people...because he's never said so!)....that Clay would be a "fan". To be honest, I think that kind of pissed him off also.

Not for one nano second did I ever, EVER associate Clay with Adam. They are chalk and cheese on so many levels. I don't define Clay by his sexuality. I think of Adam as a great singer, not a great 'gay' singer. If any association was to be done on my part, it would have been Clay/Kris because when they were on Idol, they both had a kind of boy-next-door image.

AND, on a much nicer note......

1HBHappyBirthdayGif.gif

CLAYMATRON!!!

Have a wonderful day, and drink lots of wine!! (not that I have to tell you that....:) )

Not for one nano second did I ever, EVER associate Clay with Adam. They are chalk and cheese on so many levels. I don't define Clay by his sexuality. I think of Adam as a great singer, not a great 'gay' singer. If any association was to be done on my part, it would have been Clay/Kris because when they were on Idol, they both had a kind of boy-next-door image.

Actually, claytonic, I think you need to reread my post....because never once did I mention you. Just because my post happened to fall after yours just means I was typing at the same time, in response to someone else. :)

Actually,
claytonic
, I think you need to reread my post....because never once did I mention you. Just because my post happened to fall after yours just means I was typing at the same time, in response to someone else.
:)

I wasn't directly responding to your post either, I included it because I was adding my comments (rather than responding to yours) to what you said, especially the part where Clay was 'pissed' about the association. Sorry, I should have highlighted that part ... that whole association thing annoyed me as well, and I don't blame Clay for not being happy about it.

Do you realise he did it again? Here we are a day after the AI finale and who are the blogs talking about? It sure isn't the winner! What was his name again?

What really annoys me is the people who read his blog but didn't "read" his blog! How can you comment on one part and not get what he is saying?

He has been misquoted so many times it isn't funny. He has been accused of just about everything under the sun except that he could be homophobic!

The guy gets treated so bad on his own board I just can't believe it. You'd think he came out again by the way some are reacting and these people are fans?

Yikes, glad I have been staying away from those boards!

It's Claymatron's birthday? Wheeeeeeeeeeee! Happy Birthday!!!!! Hope you have a great one! :dancingpickle:

Actually, Claytonic, I talking about the statement "we" are not as liberal or whatever. You used the Prop 8 voting as proof. I get just as pissy being told I voted for Bush just because more people in Florida supposedly voted for him than for Kerry. I was a red-stater. Ludicrous.

And you do post a lot of strong opinions - don't you expect to be be disagreed with?

In fact, some of your retorts in your last post completely missed my point -

QUOTE (djs111 @ May 21 2009, 06:07 PM) *

I don't even think the vote was any kind of statement, as Clay says.

Oh wait, did Clay say that? OK, then that must be right. Thanks for informing me, I would hate to ever disagree with what Clay says, unless of course he says he is stubborn, in which case I know I need to understand that when Clay said he was stubborn, he wasn't really saying he was stubborn and only myopic idjits would read the word "stubborn" and ASSume he is speaking English. OMG, what a tantrum you threw when a member of this board had the audacity to say that Clay was stubborn, something Clay stated about himself in LTS. But thank you for reminding me, I really must smack myself in this regard. Wait, let me get the whip, that will leave some long term marks as a tangible reminder and maybe even cause some kind of short term bleeding.

I was saying that I thought Clay was wrong.

I was disagreeing with Clay.

Speaking of tantrums.......

And yes I absolutely think Clay is stubborn, I just don't think that when he does not do what fans think he should do, career-wise, he is being "stubborn." The "stubborn" label is being slapped on for ridiculous reasons. How he chooses to handle his career and live his life is not ours to actually dictate, and to pronounce him stubborn because he doesn't do what we say is ridiculous and a misuse of the word. IMO.

You missed my meaning.

Actually, 'stalking' was someone else's term for the way you have been compulsively refuting every single post I have made.

I wasn't 'setting traps'. I simply posted what I wanted to say but started to take notice of the way you jump on my posts. You know, there are people who read this board, who are very cluey... they aren't even members.

That is what I think also. Adam and Clay are completely different people in most respects, different voices, styles of performing, dressing, totally different genre of music. The only thing they have in common is that Clay is gay and Adam is perceived to be gay. They even appear to have different lifestyles. There is gay and there is gay. Not all gay people are the same just as not all heterosexual people are the same. It is insulting to Clay and Adam to expect them to like each others performing style just because they are both "gay." Maybe Adam is not supportive of Clay's voice, performance, or choice of material to sing. If I were Clay, I would resent that people would expect me to be supportive just because of the sexual orientation.

I read Clay's blog and I do not see any animosity towards Adam. I mostly see how Clay feels Idol has strayed from what Clay believes was its original premise. Clay has been singing for most of his life, and he obviously knows what sounds good to him. True, he only listened to the worst Adam performance, but the style, flamboyance, and attitude was there nonetheless. Clay gave his honest opinion, and it should be accepted for what it is, Clay's opinion. He is entitled to that. Of course it helps that I watched Idol 8, and with the exception of a couple of Adam performances, I agree with Clay. Time will tell if Adam will be a big star. He was performing before Idol and was not a big star. Sometimes Idol is just a big hype!

As far as being a true rock star, I liked Allison.

What really annoys me is the people who read his blog but didn't "read" his blog! How can you comment on one part and not get what he is saying?

He has been misquoted so many times it isn't funny. He has been accused of just about everything under the sun except that he could be homophobic!

The guy gets treated so bad on his own board I just can't believe it. You'd think he came out again by the way some are reacting and these people are fans?

Merrieeee,

I totally agree with you. I went back and re-read the blog because of all the discussion, and came to the same conclusion that you did. I "got" what he was saying! I hope more of his fans go back and reread his blog.

Paris in the springtime.

Aaaaaaah.

You know that would make a good song!

"I love Paris in the springtime,

I love Paris in the fall,

I love Paris in the winter, when it drizzles,

I love Paris in the summer, when it sizzles.

I love Paris every moment,

Every moment of the year,

I love Paris,

Why, oh why, do I love Paris,

Because my love is near."

I really hope that is a misunderstanding. The Q&A has been a great OFC benefit, so I'd hate to see the answers quoted across various boards for nothing. As much as I join the OFC to support Clay, it is nice when there is some little perk as well, since we don't have any concert pre-sales or meet & greets this year. And these Q&As have been a great perk!

TGIF!!!

When I saw this I wanted to double check, because I too would prefer the Q&A to stay on the OFC AND it seems to be doing this. I double checked with BFS and here is what she said - I am quoting with her permission.

No, it's not true, I have never said that in regards to Clay's question. They are property of the OFC and shouldn't be reposted on other boards. I have said my posts with the rules may be brought to other boards if it would help members follow them.

SO now we have it in black and white. The rules can be posted in their entirety and Q&A can't be.

Paris in the springtime.

Aaaaaaah.

You know that would make a good song!

"I love Paris in the springtime,

I love Paris in the fall,

I love Paris in the winter, when it drizzles,

I love Paris in the summer, when it sizzles.

I love Paris every moment,

Every moment of the year,

I love Paris,

Why, oh why, do I love Paris,

Because my love is near."

Wow! You should copyright that! Quick!!!!!

Heeee....isn't it romantic?

Yes it sure is.

Here people are angsting over various posts/blogs on a message board and he is in one of the most beautiful cities in the world with someone dear to him and probably having the time of his life.

Ce La Vie!