#51: You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken

Thread Title Poll  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay is stil around, getting bigger balls, better hair, and broader shoulders.
    • "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."
    • Simon Says: Shut Up And Sing 2 (Learning to keep mah foot outta mah mouth)
    • Clay Aiken: Just like Timex...takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

My non work day has suddenly gotten busy so I will respond later to your tome or not. But you are not a weakling. You can handle yourself so this talk about bullies throws me every time.

The quote you posted of mine has absolutely nothing to do with you. NOTHING. If you want to take every post and turn inward there is nothing I an do about that. But if you do it to me don't know why I would believe you aren't doing it to everyone. My post was about the author of that article doing unnecessary protection of Clay. And I would say it again a million times.

Later for the rest of it.

If my post had nothing to do with it, why did you ask me to "kindly email the person a private correction and let it be over. But that's just too easy - let's make this tiny thing into something larger than it needs to be." That's following my post telling you about the error at CANN. If you weren't talking to me, what.. you were talking to the journalist ... was the journalist a member of this forum? Gees Couchie, sometimes I really can't make head or tail of what you are saying but this takes the cake.

And please, don't say turn what you need to own as MY problem that I am doing to everyone else. I don't have a problem with the way most people post, they usually quote, which means I know exactly what they are addressing. Read my post, and then read your response directly underneath. That is typical of how you respond to posts.

and probably shouldn't have bothered with this post

It was a great post and I read the whole thing...I didn't scroll once.

be politically incorrect EVER

I'm kind of lost on the PC thing. Clay said what that was exactly not PC? Did he call someone stupid? Did he make a reference to their colour? Did he say something homophobic? He just stated his opinion. Right? How was what he wrote not PC? 'Splain please?

kimiyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

and probably shouldn't have bothered with this post

It was a great post and I read the whole thing...I didn't scroll once.

be politically incorrect EVER

I'm kind of lost on the PC thing. Clay said what that was exactly not PC? Did he call someone stupid? Did he make a reference to their colour? Did he say something homophobic? He just stated his opinion. Right? How was what he wrote not PC? 'Splain please?

No, I don't think he was politically incorrect this time. But I ventured outside of here (I know, I know, BIG mistake!) and I'm referring to the comments that deal with him not being professional, he should know better!, he should have been more careful with his words, blah, blah, blah. That's what I meant about politically correct. He can have an opinion but only if he carefully words it so that NO ONE EVER (fat chance!) take offense....

Claytonic..YOU MISSED MY POINT. I did not tell you to do no such thing unless you wrote the article which I did not know. My entire paragraph was about the author of the article's position on the original article she was writing about. It had nothing to do with YOU. It was about Clay Nation defending Clay on things so small that they didn't need defense with that article being a prime example. How is this about you?

FCA - if you would like this convo moved to feedbak let me know and I'll abide by your wishes. I think I'm done but I won't pinky swear to it all. I'm off to work

Thanks! Lawd I hope the PC police don't ever catch some of the things I say/write if that is their standard for PC correctness!

It is more than a jungle out there! It is nice and cozy in here isn't it?

Do you realise he did it again? Here we are a day after the AI finale and who are the blogs talking about? It sure isn't the winner! What was his name again?

merrieeee... :yeahthat:

Claymatron..., :bdayparty2:

I didn't have any issue with Clay's blog/answer to the AI question. Didn't hear a diss on Adam. If Adam fans hear a diss, IMO, that's on them, just like any upset I may have about Clay comments is on me. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and can voice it if they choose, including Clay. How someone reacts to it is totally on them. No one, except Clay, really knows what he meant to say. Everyone is just reading what they want into his comments - including me.

I guess I just see a whole lot of two-faced going on - fans can say whatever they want about whomever they want - especially Clay, but Clay must rise above it all. Apparently he's not entitled to have an unpopular opinion, be politically incorrect EVER! or be a fan/non-fan without taking shit for it. One of the reasons I just usually shut the hell up and lurk... and probably shouldn't have bothered with this post... :shrug:

spikesmom.... but... but... I agree with you totally, so I'm glad you bothered! :BlowKiss: Bother again, please... :cryingwlaughter:

As soon as I read Clay's blog, I knew it'd make the media salivate... the media that loves controversy and putting Clay in the middle of it. So, not surprised. :cryingwlaughter:

As far as the fans reaction to it... not surprised at that either! Many people love to get upset and go into angst. Too bad!

It is more than a jungle out there! It is nice and cozy in here isn't it?

:hahaha:

OK I have enough people who are uncomfortable. So I'm asking Claytonic, and anyone else who wants to carry forth take it to http://findingclayaiken.invisionzone.com/i...hp?showforum=15. It's going nowhere. Start a new topic if you want..Couchie Sucks LOL.

I just want to go on the record here. I love Clay Aiken, I love FCA, and I love Couchie. Having been on both sides of the equation more than once, I can say there is no one more open and fair-minded than you, and this place.

I just want to go on the record here. I love Clay Aiken, I love FCA, and I love Couchie. Having been on both sides of the equation more than once, I can say there is no one more open and fair-minded than you, and this place.

:yeahthat:

I am sooo excited I got to use that emoticon...yep doesn't take much to amuse me.

Merrieeee and that's the second posts of yours I edited by mistake instead of responded to. I haven't done that in years.

It must be the thoughts you are having about CA and RK in Paris together.

I call for a truce.

I love Adam, and I didn't read any diss from Clay. Ring of Fire sucked donkey balls (LOL) and if that was Clay"s ONLY exposure to Adam, then I understand his opinion--and that's what it is--HIS OPINION. I thought he made some thoughtful statements. Why can't Clay have an opinion like everyone else? And, why would anyone think that he has to agree with our opinion or we agree with his???? How boring would that be?

This is about as tomey as I get.

Lordy, wanda! Are your fingers sore? :hahaha:

I totally agree with what you said, and love that as an Adam fan especially, you can see that. Reasonable people rule! :clap:

I just hope that the asshats people using his blog elsewhere are using the whole thing, not butchering it to fit their agenda. Because honestly, I don't see how any reasonable, thinking person could read it and not see that way.

eta: yeah, merrieeee, I kinda sorta knew that answer before I asked the question. It's the kind of thing that really, really makes me hope that there is a nice visit from Karma for these people some day. And that when she is biting them hard on the ass, they have the sudden burst of self-awareness to let them understand why. This is my wish.

Lordy, wanda! Are your fingers sore? :hahaha:

I totally agree with what you said, and love that as an Adam fan especially, you can see that. Reasonable people rule! :clap:

I just hope that the asshats people using his blog elsewhere are using the whole thing, not butchering it to fit their agenda. Because honestly, I don't see how any reasonable, thinking person could read it and not see that way.

Unfortunately they are slicing and dicing. It is a now an AP article so it's goin' places.

I call for a truce.

I'll bring the white flag! Oh wait it had better be rainbow coloured...wouldn't want anyone to think I am not PC :hahaha:

heee - stole and modified this guy a lonnnnnng time ago (they were supposed to be the white AI pants of the Holy Grail)

thJKSURRENDERSwht.gif

Man, I found this in my PB while looking for that ^^^

Incredible, no?

AItoAIW.gif

Cindy, that is the neatest picture gif (is that what it's called?)!! Did you make it?

I came across a discussion of Clay's blog at a scrapbooking site I visit. I found it interesting that the title of the thread ( I won't repeat it here as it's nasty) only had Clay's first name in it. No last name required. People sure do know who Clay is, that's for sure. And I think that's a good thing!

I hope Clay is having a lovely time in France :) Is Reed on a break in the tour?

Cindy, that is the neatest picture gif (is that what it's called?)!! Did you make it?

I came across a discussion of Clay's blog at a scrapbooking site I visit. I found it interesting that the title of the thread ( I won't repeat it here as it's nasty) only had Clay's first name in it. No last name required. People sure do know who Clay is, that's for sure. And I think that's a good thing!

I hope Clay is having a lovely time in France :) Is Reed on a break in the tour?

Yes, I made the gif. Thanks! I did a few of them a while back.

So... a scrapbooking site has a Clay thread, and it's title is too nasty to post here? OMFG. I'm sorry - that's about the funniest thing I've heard of in a while. :hahaha:

I just saw an interesting post at CV that said he moved his Q&A answer over to his blog to make it easier to find. Why would he want it to be easier to find? For whom? We all know how to find his answers! hmm

There are a quite a few OFC members who only go there to read his blogs. They claim they don't like the board and find it confusing. :8:

I haven't read many of the articles since there are a few web sites I will never go to. I'm not gonna worry about what anyone thinks or writes about him. Did you ever think that Clay might actually have his talk show? He could take over for Jerry Springer. That seems to be the corner that the bloggers will push him into.

I do appreciate your post Wanda and those of the other Adam fans that are truly making an attempt to understand the blog.

How would bloggers (or anybody else) 'push' him into a talk show?

Hee, though the notion of Clay moderating as two tweaked-out trailer park divas bash each other with metal chairs is kinda amusing.

Haven't had much time of late, but I am aware of the brouhaha over the blog... My $.02 is that I'm just not seeing the supposed dissing of Adam. I saw Clay expressing his opinion about a performance he saw. I saw Clay expressing his opinion about possible perceptions surrounding the situation. Hell, I haven't seen or heard a second of AI this year, but I know all about Adam from the media (over)exposure.

I saw Clay expressing his opinion - one that I fully agree with - about the joke that AI has become. Especially the judges and their not so subtle antics. As someone who's actually been through the process, I think he's a hell of a lot more qualified to speak to those points than many who throw their opinions around like gospel.

He's fully entitled to speak his mind. I didn't see him telling anyone, anywhere that they had to agree with him.

Some want him to speak out more. Some want him to "shut up and sing". Some aren't happy either way. Ever.

C'est la vie.