#51: You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken

Thread Title Poll  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay is stil around, getting bigger balls, better hair, and broader shoulders.
    • "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."
    • Simon Says: Shut Up And Sing 2 (Learning to keep mah foot outta mah mouth)
    • Clay Aiken: Just like Timex...takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

I'm piling on the Clay love. He's a smart, witty, classy man -- but we knew that, didn't we, that's why we're here.

As I have mentioned before, my DIL loves Danny Gokey, the 3rd place finisher on AI. She called me in to watch him on LKL tonight, which I was happily prepared to miss when I found out Seacrest was hosting. But I'm glad she finds joy in Danny's singing and I watched his few comments .... which included saying that he believed the judges' excessive praise of Adam hurt Adam because people were turned off by it. And Danny had predicted on a CNN blog that Kris would win, partially as a result of a backlash against the judges. And he said these things sitting two seats from Adam. Adam seemed to know the score, and why not because it's just a fact that people instinctively reject manipulation when they perceive it. The real controversy seems to be .... did the judge's early marketing of Adam cost him the win? I doubt Adam will be the greatest entertainer in the world, just as Rubin has not been the most successful singer in the recording industry. People aren't stupid.

But Adam will have the "he was robbed" factor going for him now. Everybody wins. Except the Idol judges.

LOVE that man!! :wub: Boy, he could sure teach me a few lessons regarding grace under pressure. And has.

So is anyone going to apologize for calling Clay names? Didn't think so.

The Adam fan that joined the OFC to call Clay some pretty nasty things is so very unclassy. :23:

Ah, but I'm sure he appreciates the $50 CAD she donated to do so!....and I've told her so. (see note above :lol: )

Anyone want to link to her post or otherwise send breadcrumbs? No way I'm looking for it amid all the muck.

LOVE that man!! :wub: Boy, he could sure teach me a few lessons regarding grace under pressure. And has.

The Adam fan that joined the OFC to call Clay some pretty nasty things is so very unclassy. :23:

Ah, but I'm sure he appreciates the $50 CAD she donated to do so!....and I've told her so. (see note above :lol: )

Could someone point me to those posts. I'd like to read them. Thnx

As I have mentioned before, my DIL loves Danny Gokey, the 3rd place finisher on AI. She called me in to watch him on LKL tonight, which I was happily prepared to miss when I found out Seacrest was hosting. But I'm glad she finds joy in Danny's singing and I watched his few comments .... which included saying that he believed the judges' excessive praise of Adam hurt Adam because people were turned off by it. And Danny had predicted on a CNN blog that Kris would win, partially as a result of a backlash against the judges. And he said these things sitting two seats from Adam. Adam seemed to know the score, and why not because it's just a fact that people instinctively reject manipulation when they perceive it. The real controversy seems to be .... did the judge's early marketing of Adam cost him the win? I doubt Adam will be the greatest entertainer in the world, just as Rubin has not been the most successful singer in the recording industry. People aren't stupid.

And I think that Danny knows a little of which he speaks. I saw so many mean spirited comments from some Adam fans about him and the pimping of his dead wife and going for the sympathy vote. Gosh, I didn't realize that he had control over what AI does/says/promotes. So just like some of the Adam fans don't want anyone to blame him for the over pimping, I hope they are a wee bit regretful about their comments about Danny.

Anyone want to link to her post or otherwise send breadcrumbs? No way I'm looking for it amid all the muck.

Oh, gosh, sorry, it's in the blog comments....and I'd never find it again! I just kept on keeping on until I found it, I was so curious. That's where I was when he blogged, as a matter of fact :lol:

If it helps any, her screen name is marianne (sp?) I imagine you can search posts from a poster, but I'm not sure if you can search blog comments in the same way.

Well, I didn't comment on the first blog, but did on the second:

Clay, you didn't have to clarify, but I'm glad you did. What will the tabloids print?

Clay Aiken doesn't give a damn about biology frogs. PETA outraged.

heh

The second blog didn't restore my faith in Clay's good heart...it only confirmed it.

I sure do like him.

And I think that Danny knows a little of which he speaks. I saw so many mean spirited comments from some Adam fans about him and the pimping of his dead wife and going for the sympathy vote. Gosh, I didn't realize that he had control over what AI does/says/promotes. So just like some of the Adam fans don't want anyone to blame him for the over pimping, I hope they are a wee bit regretful about their comments about Danny.

To be fair, the comments about Gokey weren't particular to Adam fans. Lots of people regardless of who they supported got into it. Sure Adam fans may have done it, but so did lots of others.

To be fair, the comments about Gokey weren't particular to Adam fans. Lots of people regardless of who they supported got into it. Sure Adam fans may have done it, but so did lots of others.

Yes, which is why I said "some".... I know it wasn't just Adam fans. But what's good for the goose and all that jazz. They can't expect people not to be pissed about the Adam pimping since "some" of them were equally vocal about the Danny pimping...

This fandom is so predictable...there is already a fan complaining that Clay called her immature.

Kim

Too bad he didn't call her an immature BITCH.

Yes, which is why I said "some".... I know it wasn't just Adam fans. But what's good for the goose and all that jazz. They can't expect people not to be pissed about the Adam pimping since "some" of them were equally vocal about the Danny pimping...

Thanks for the clarification. It's been a long day--can't add 2+2 anymore. I agree, and hopefully most of them do get that.

JMH I don't know if these will change:

http://www.clayonline.com/blog/member/clay..._ha?comments=15

http://www.clayonline.com/blog/member/clay..._ha?comments=17

http://www.clayonline.com/blog/member/clay..._ha?comments=28

The worst has been deleted but there are several negative comments in this blog.

Thanks--they didn't work--comments coming in too fast. I went back a few pages but then decided I really don't need to see it. I appreciate the effort to link though.

This fandom is so predictable...there is already a fan complaining that Clay called her immature.

Kim

aikim... well, you know it's all about her.... You didn't know that???? O.M.G. :cryingwlaughter:

I'd type how much I'm snorting at bottle's post, except it's too hard when my eyes are rolling out of my head at aikim's.

What to do? What to do???

:cryingwlaughter:

cindi... BWAH!!! :hahaha::hahaha:

Well, I didn't comment on the first blog, but did on the second:
Clay, you didn't have to clarify, but I'm glad you did. What will the tabloids print?

Clay Aiken doesn't give a damn about biology frogs. PETA outraged.

heh

The second blog didn't restore my faith in Clay's good heart...it only confirmed it.

I sure do like him.

00lsee... I laughed out loud at your new headline... :hahaha::hahaha::cryingwlaughter::hahaha::hahaha:

Class Act, indeed!

Hi everyone. Well I can see I have missed a lot today so thought I'd run over here - as I imagine you people were a tad calmer to be around today - so I'll go back and read your posts and catch up.

I just read Clay's blog laughing at how much his opinion matters.

Yes, he is so influential.

I just gotta love him.

I was laughing this morning about how he managed to steal all the buzz. :cryingwlaughter:

He must have caused quite a ruckus if he is blogging about it already.

Very late catch-up...

Belated HBD, Claymatron!

:bdayparty2:

Wow, the guy blogs twice and then Ansa posts (so glad to see you again!!!) and wanda's posts won't fit on tweeter. Yay!!!

*off to check out the new blog*

ETA: kimiye, can't wait!!!

Wholly Crap!!

I can't use the internet at work during the day so I just spend the last two hours trying to get caught up with what has been going on today. Whoa...

You know, there are many singers that have come out of the AI Machine that just "aren't my cup of tea" (TM CA) but I don't go seeking out what they are doing, are saying, etc... nor would I ever even consider paying money to join their fan clubs just so I can bash them. WTF is that about????

The OFC is supposed to be a safe place for Clay and his fans. Even if he knows it will go public, what Clay says there is intended for HIS FANS. The OFC is CLAY'S HOUSE. IMO you need to respect Clay when you are in his house. You don't have to agree with everything he says or does but you do need to respect him. And I think fans and ex-fans who continue to make disrespectful posts about Clay at the OFC are hurting him and THAT makes me livid...

I loved his blogs :)

By the way Couchie I am sorry you've had such a hard day. You are one of the kindest and sweetest fans I have ever known and you are a great mod. ((((Hugs to you))))

Heh. I wish the people calling me names had to pay me $20 to do it. Dang.

Yea, me too, espcially my kid...I'd be RICH!!! Oh wait, but then I'd be giving her the moola to pay me. Oh nevermind. I can't win :cry4:

Ok, this one person (I don't think I can post their SN here can I, Couchie?) is as vile as some on the tabloid sites. Page 30, you cannot miss it! UGH

And they have others too. Is this the same person you are refering to as well, Fear?

Ouch, poor Clay baby!

http://www.clayonline.com/blog/member/clay..._ha?comments=30

Here Clay, let me kiss it and make it better :BlowKiss:

Here Clay, let me kiss it and make it better :BlowKiss:

I just came from skimming thousands of pro-, con-, and neutral posts reacting to a published OFC Clay blog. It's getting more comments faster than I could skim even when I jump 4 pages at a time. Someone did question Lindsey Parker for a "copy and paste" article which she then interpreted like a hater or riler. I went to that blog because there are headlines in my web page. Did you see it? 'Aiken rips fellow idol' and other titles. I sure wasted my time.

With almost 6-7,000 messages, I couldn't even reach the last page because it had no 'last page' to go to and I never found my posts which were several. And I said it like our VIP did: HE HAS TOO MUCH POWER AND INFLUENCE that people quote, post, read, and react to what he says! Ms Parker has been doing this so her blog gets readers; Clay (and now vs Adam) is a tested formula for her. It seems to me that OFC has a lot of Judases. That Lindsey should follow up her article with Aiken's latest blog if she has any integrity as a blogger.

Well , what a day in FCA land!

First (and most important) Happy Birthday Claymatron!

I call for a truce.

I'll bring the white flag! Oh wait it had better be rainbow coloured...wouldn't want anyone to think I am not PC :hahaha:

ITA!!!!

Also, not to get into the rights and wrongs of any post or poster, but I do want to make a comment.

If I am silent on any matter, I hope that nobody thinks I am too scared or under the thumb of any bully to make a comment.

Also,If I am silent on any matter, I hope that nobody thinks that I am too cold-hearted to feel sympathy/empathy for another human being who has suffered a tradgedy of some kind. Both these misconceptions would be incorrect.

Sometimes I have to work at my apparent apathy, I would explain why ....but I just can't be bothered........hey! it's working...

I'm glad others are attempting to be the voice of reason over at the OFC cuz you couldn't pay me enough to wade in. I read Clay's blog last night, came here to say YAY!, then logged right back off again. I don't know how he stays sane in the midst of such insanity. I just don't have the time or patience for it. It's not what my fandom is for or about. Someone call me when we are back to celebrating. :imgtongue:

ETA: ansa, nice to see you posting again! Come back soon!