#51: You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken

Thread Title Poll  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay is stil around, getting bigger balls, better hair, and broader shoulders.
    • "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."
    • Simon Says: Shut Up And Sing 2 (Learning to keep mah foot outta mah mouth)
    • Clay Aiken: Just like Timex...takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

If I am silent on any matter, I hope that nobody thinks I am too scared or under the thumb of any bully to make a comment.

Also, if I am silent on any matter, I hope that nobody thinks that I am too cold-hearted to feel sympathy/empathy for another human being who has suffered a tragedy of some kind. Both these misconceptions would be incorrect.

Don't give it another thought. Some of us come from boards where we never posted unless we had something to say, because there were so many people online at once, it would have been pages of hugs or word!

Some of us come from boards where we argued and refuted and discussed all the time.

Clay's second blog is on the public page at OFC, I guess so the media can get it more easily. I can imagine him laughing as he wrote it.

Some of the comments are so vile they really giving a window into some very nasty souls.

As a boyfriend of mine used to say - "Are you going to eat with that nasty mouth?"

Good God!! Dare we hope the exodus includes the ones who think he lied? :) No, you're right....I'm living in dreamland.

Heheh, I had the same thought. Oh well, maybe those gala tickets won't be so hard to get after all....... :hahaha:

Good Morning Everyone,

148 Days until The BAF Gala!:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Good God!! Dare we hope the exodus includes the ones who think he lied? :) No, you're right....I'm living in dreamland.

Heheh, I had the same thought. Oh well, maybe those gala tickets won't be so hard to get after all....... :hahaha:

That's something positive through all that mess! Let the real fans stay behind!!! He's not perfect and love him like he is

jamar! I LOVED The Hudson Brothers!

Well duh? Didn't everyone? No? Just us? :hahaha: Hee. I'm pretty sure we've had this conversation before. Anywho...just for the record....(and I was tha-rilled to also find some clips on youtube!!!!!)

http://www.hudsonbrothersdvd.com/

Not to mention that one of them (Bill?) is the Hudson in Kate Hudson. :)

Okay now that you got that filed away in the things-I-never-really-needed

-or-cared-to-know file.... :cryingwlaughter:

----

I'm glad Clay thinks he can just talk to us and speak his mind.

I hope he never stops.

I hope he's having a good time "somewhere" with "someone" and doesn't spare another thought about the nastyinternetfreaks. [tm CHA]

I hope anyone who decides that they can't love Clay anymore can just move on.

I hope they get as much enjoyment out of their new fandom as I have gotten from my Clay fandom.

And most importantly....

I hope couchie knows how much I love and appreciate her and this board! :wub:

---

I'm reading a really interesting new book right now called Appetite for Self-Destruction : the spectacular crash of the record industry in the digital age. by Steve Knopper. I'm only up to the chapter on Napster but so far it's pretty good. In case you were wondering Clive Davis hasn't been mention much at all. :hahaha:

Just wanted to say happy trip to PerusingOne and KAndre (people are sooo lucky she's been out travelling... 'cept me, I wish she'd been here yesterday. Lol!) ... If you run into somebody say hi for me or better yet blow him a kiss... then you'll finally have an "I-told-you-so" comeback for the times I bring up the Vancouver, Minneapolis & Clio tix you passed up. Lol! So have fun, stay safe and get something from Sacré Coeur (or thereabouts) for me, with emphasis on the thereabouts. *winks*

:bye:

O.M.G. I clicked on one story from a source that treated the original blog not too badly to see what the new headline meant and they said he said "who dressed that boy" which he never said at all in either blog. Not just rearranging his words or not putting any of his qualifiers in, but outright lying. Business as usual. :finger:

Well, I'm sure Clay is having a great time! I have a three day weekend after having to work the last two weekends and I'm going to really enjoy it, so... pffffft!!! Eventually, it will go away, but I bet he wishes he'd never answered that question. Sigh!

Now, a different kinda sigh...

DavidFosterFriendsConcertqnmQa9_nI0.jpg

DavidFosterFriendsConcertDgOgLRxYUZ.jpg

leftprofile.jpg

402021787_rqXED-L-1.jpg

Scarlett -- nice to see ya... you too jumping jacks. In fact I saw a few seldom posters ..glad to see you here and please post more often.

KAndre is out taking another nation by storm! Hope she and Perusing One are having a blast.

I have to work 10 hours today to make up for my non work yesterday LOL...oh well. Tonight A's game..my first of the season. I'm sure as soon as I show up they will start winning :cryingwlaughter:

I doubt it's the principle of the thing because "no one" got upset about what he said about that Broadway actress. In fact, they probably laughed so I find this whole brouhaha laughable. The so called disses were on the same level -- and it was just his opinion. In the hierarchy of Clay controversies I just don't care about this one.

Where's that last picture fromn ..cute!!

Dang, just when we were seriously stalking wandering aimlessly around Paris - I miss an opportunity to tell someone exactly what I think...text me next time!

I have discovered many things on this trip - clotted cream is some sort of alleged food product they try to trick you into eating - you might not get the response you expect when you explain to some French dude jabbering away at you, "no hablo espanol" - and odd drunken Englishmen walking up to me and commenting, "Fat American" aren't going to get the response they expect either. And it was in the mid to upper 70s yesterday in Paris, so people who want stuff from Sacre Coure need to tell us before we go!

What? I don't get no love in here? Heh...

In case Clay showed up on our river cruise, we were prepared to allow him to have our seats while we sat on his lap. He wasn't in the cheap seats on the Eurostar either. We looked. Nor on the Champs Elysees, and we walked way down it, probably at least twenty feet.

We are lazing around today because our feet hurt

LOL I'll crack up if Kandre twitters from Paris that she saw Clay.

Have fun and you will always have the love from me!

I'm sure that Englishman didn't get the introverted KAndre response :hahaha::hahaha:

Don't get arrested!

ETA: Damn I don't know whose life I envy more -- KAndre or Kareneh. What adventurers!

Everyone who lives around the bay area may be damn sick of Spam or not interested cuz Clay's not in it but..I actually fell for the production too so if anyone wants to plan a Spam date I'm up for it.

Yo, my FCA peeps! I hope all of you are doing well!

I've been following along, scrolling sometimes, but reading most of the posts. I haven't ventured out to other boards, as I can get all of the news here without all the drama (mostly). :hahaha: Yep, I agree that this story getting picked up by so many news outlets means that Clay is still relevant. And that's a good thing!

So, last weekend was quite significant in my family. My oldest daughter graduated from high school, at the tender age of 16! We bought her a car for a graduation gift, and she was THRILLED. It was so fun to see her jumping and screaming for joy when she got the keys to the car. She's a careful driver, so I haven't had any heart attacks yet. :)

I'm getting impatient for news about a tour!! I wanna see Clay again! Yeah, he deserves time off, and I hope he's having a fantastic traveling around and seeing his BF. But I'm hoping for some news about either a tour, or the recording he mentioned awhile back.

I have to go grocery shopping today. D'ya suppose I'll see a hunk like this? No? DARN!!

20090429_002_ShoppingInLA.jpg

Scarlett -- nice to see ya... you too jumping jacks. In fact I saw a few seldom posters ..glad to see you here and please post more often.

KAndre is out taking another nation by storm! Hope she and Perusing One are having a blast.

I have to work 10 hours today to make up for my non work yesterday LOL...oh well. Tonight A's game..my first of the season. I'm sure as soon as I show up they will start winning :cryingwlaughter:

I doubt it's the principle of the thing because "no one" got upset about what he said about that Broadway actress. In fact, they probably laughed so I find this whole brouhaha laughable. The so called disses were on the same level -- and it was just his opinion. In the hierarchy of Clay controversies I just don't care about this one.

Where's that last picture fromn ..cute!!

Couchie... that's from last year's Gala/Champions of Change. Hubba hubba!

Gibby... congrats on your daughter graduating early! Is she going to tackle a go-away college next fall or one she can go to from home?

KAndre... don't forget you're looking for a tall, dark, and handsome AND a tall, redhead, and handsome, most probably at the same place at the same time. :cryingwlaughter:

I hope he stays long enough to go see one of the shows!

OMG, I have a day off, and I'm at HOME!! Not that I didn't enjoy my weekend with Clay and friends or my wonderful visit last weekend with my DD, but work has been crushing, and I feel like I haven't had time to breathe in weeks.

couchie and Clay are both better persons (and far more patient) than I could ever hope to be. You.have.a.connection!! I'd be happy to room with either one on any future adventures....couchie, you can PM me here, and Clay can PM me at the OFC.

Loved Clay's blogs, love all the Q&A's, will never in my lifetime understand why everything he says and does has to be zeroed in on and plastered all over the media in as negative a light as possible. I'll also never know what it is some "fans" are really expecting from him. They appear to LIVE to be judgmental and disappointed, and I can't imagine spending time on someone they so thoroughly disapprove of.

So, following all these tales of Adam/Clay fan wars is not how I choose to spend my weekend. Instead I will think back on 2 weeks ago when I had a fantastic time with my DH, many friends and CLAY in Las Vegas.

I am so swamped, but I have edited some pictures from that event. They are not as clear as the pro/screencap/cotton pictures since they were mostly from the jumbotron, but he was v.v. purdy, and I have it on good authority you can't have too many pictures of Clay. So I'll post a few as I get time. Maybe with themes.

So, for those of you needing a break from the angst....I give you Gorgeous Clay #1:

535422062_RKZez-M.jpg

536343804_3SWPQ-M.jpg

536398026_W96zi-M.jpg

539682683_ajCVE-M-1.jpg

540555594_mUo23-M.jpg

540555700_q5hEf-M.jpg

Hope that helped!!

And Clay?? :clap: To me, you are a beautiful man, inside and out!!

OK. Maybe I should actually unpack my suitcase from last weekend.

Latah!!

Hee -- I love it when both Ansa and Perma show up! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

So, for those of you needing a break from the angst....I give you Gorgeous Clay #1:

536398026_W96zi-M.jpg

Hope that helped!!

Well, yeah -- this one especially did. More please?!?!?!?

Congrats Gibby daughter!

Gibby! I'm graduating next week. I'd like a convertible mustang please.

Okay, my dear Couchie, I'll have that delivered right to your place next weekend! What color did you want? :cryingwlaughter:

Gibby... congrats on your daughter graduating early! Is she going to tackle a go-away college next fall or one she can go to from home?

Thanks, Liney! She will be attending the honors program at CU Boulder, which is about 40 minutes from our house. She will be staying in a dorm, and rooming with her best friend. She will be able to come home weekends if she wants to do so. I think it's a good combination of getting away but still being close enough to still get support from us!

Congrats Gibby daughter!

Thanks!

Lovely pics, Perma! Thanks so much for sharing. :clap:

540555594_mUo23-M.jpg

Hope that helped!!

And Clay?? :clap: To me, you are a beautiful man, inside and out!!

OK. Maybe I should actually unpack my suitcase from last weekend.

Latah!!

Perma... this is my fave... something about the eyes. I could stare all day!

Hope your DD is doing well! Can't wait to hear stories of your adventures. Sorry work is a bear. I'm in that bucket, too.

Going from a 3-person office to a 2-person office, when the second person has been there only 2 weeks, makes for a mess of work for sure.

Relax and play with Clay... your pictures of him, dang it. He's playing with Reed in Paris... IIT. :cryingwlaughter:

Gibby... that sounds like a wonderful solution. Away, yet not too far! Kewl!

:hello:

Once again, I'm like 10 pages behind but not feeling so hot, so no quotathon this time...I haven't even read anything other than what's on this page.

Have fun in France KAndre! :BlowKiss: Any plans to go to a certain French singer's show with male dancers in tutus? :smartass:

My friend Nicki is now in Banglore, India for several weeks to train Indians how to take over New Zealand jobs...

I hear that there's been a bit of drama huh?

I haven't read reactions here and all that I've read is what's been brought to the Shed or NNHB. I have no desire to go out and seek out any more drama. I can tell from what little I've seen that it's not overly pretty...but this too shall pass. Clay is news. When will he learn that, lol???

My 2 cents worth:

I think that Clay should have filtered his opinion of Adam's Ring Of Fire performance. I was surprised that he would say something like, "...thought my ears would bleed. Contrived, awful, and slightly frightening!" about an Idol contestant. He should know that whatever he says is going to be taken public and he should have known that the shit would hit the fan. IMO, he could have just said, that he didn't really care for the performance. If he'd left it at that, I don't think that there would have been the same backlash.

I have zero issue with him "taking on the Idol machine" because obviously, he's already been "ostracized" from the show, so it hardly matters whether he's PC about Idol or not but the comments that he made about Adam's Ring Of Fire performance did seem a little out of character for Clay because normally, he's more tactful when taking about something that he doesn't like.

I think that he's just gotten comfie with sharing with his fans and has gotten increasingly more "unfiltered" in his responses to questions. I think that he just got carried away with that and his comments re: Adam were originally an answer to a question in the question thread at OFC, so he was answering it the same brutally honest manner that he's been answering questions in there.

If anybody "off the streets" had said it on their blog somewhere, nobody would...but because he's a celebrity, he should have filtered his opinion re: Adam somewhat, knowing that whenever he says or does anything slightly controversial, that it will be splashed all over the place.

The timing of it was bad because while Clay was thinking that Idol was over now, the shit was hitting the fan re: Adam not winning and there was a lot of raw emotions over THAT, so Clay sort of shook a hornet's nest.

I guess that I wish that he'd listened to the people that he mentioned that he trusts and had watched a couple of different performances by Adam first before judging....although if I'd only tuned in to see Ring Of Fire, that performance would have turned me right off too. I didn't enjoy that one either.

All that being said, this too shall pass and I hope that Clay's having a grand ole time in France and maybe this will help him to enjoy ballet a little more...

reedinatutu.jpg

Now to make me feel better cuz I feel crappy (I'm sick of being sick...I've had this low-grade bug for like 4 weeks now)...

DavidFosterFriendsConcertqnmQa9_nI0.jpg

DavidFosterFriendsConcertDQDBFs797H.jpg

DavidFosterFriendsConcertlt73wmt2Jf.jpg

OMWHcoverpicture.jpg

Marchmorelarge.jpg

18bb8117.jpg

:hubbahubba:

I just went back one page to read a little...

I'd type how much I'm snorting at bottle's post, except it's too hard when my eyes are rolling out of my head at aikim's.

What to do? What to do???

:cryingwlaughter:

Hmmm...sounds like I need to go back yet another page, to find out what this is all about huh? :hahaha:

Belated HBD, Claymatron!

:bdayparty2:

I had no idea!!!

Happy Belated Birthday Bev!!! :BlowKiss:

:bdayparty2:

Kewl!!! :7:

Oh...wait... :huh:

I just realized how apropos this thread title is, lol...

Excuse me, BUT WHAT ARE YOU DOING PISSING AROUND IN PARIS?!!! [tm God, sort of]

GET THEE TO NANTES and do some serious Clay-stalking! Mylene's got 4 shows there, and it shouldn't be that hard to find one American in the crowd of 10,000 screaming Mylene fans. He'll be the one with the bleeding ears. :imgtongue:

Excuse me, BUT WHAT ARE YOU DOING PISSING AROUND IN PARIS?!!! [tm God, sort of]

GET THEE TO NANTES and do some serious Clay-stalking! Mylene's got 4 shows there, and it shouldn't be that hard to find one American in the crowd of 10,000 screaming Mylene fans. He'll be the one with the bleeding ears. :imgtongue:

:hahaha: