#51: You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken

Thread Title Poll  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay is stil around, getting bigger balls, better hair, and broader shoulders.
    • "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."
    • Simon Says: Shut Up And Sing 2 (Learning to keep mah foot outta mah mouth)
    • Clay Aiken: Just like Timex...takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

Good Morning Everyone,

147 Days until The BAF Gala! :yahoo:

(I think you all know which emoticon would symbolize me!)

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

:lilredani:

Ahhh, l'il Red ... my first and to date, only attempt at a 100% original emotie. I have stolen appropriated a few others and modified them for our...ahem...needs, though.

I can't quite remember how she came about now, but I'm pretty sure there was a reason. Dang, getting old's a bitch! Were we looking for an FCA mascot? She is, however, indeed in honor of our Grand Tomato!

She also made an appearance on a couple of the FCA pins (Spamalot and Christmas), and she has a little, non-animated sister. lilred.png

bottlecap, is that bling-bling cap yours? I'd be happy to try making it emotie-sized for you if like. Comme ca? smbc.gif Anybody else wants one personalized, let me know and I will give it a shot.

These last few days with "Bad Boy Clay" in the news just reaffirms to me what a great talk show emcee he would be. With the thousands of comments to an article about him it shows me that people would watch a show with him on it even if just to complain about him. Even haters watch tv. They might even get a good laugh out of it just like we do. :cryingwlaughter:

I suppose I should be sad that there are Clay haters out there but to me they just keep him in the news. He doesn't need a publicist they do the job for him. :hahaha:

Happy Memorial Day weekend.

Gibby, congratulations on the graduation of your daughter. They grow up so fast and then they are off havin their own lives, just when they get interesting.

My youngest son, who had/has ADHD, has switched jobs after one year in the old job to get a better paying state job. He will have three people working under him as the head of his department. I'm sure my DIL is encouraging him in that way. He was an amazing singer, songwriter, guitar player and I still run across mentions of him and his last band. Losing that makes me a little sad but if he is happy thats all that matters. Even politics isn't as dirty as the music industry.

We are still working on the old house getting it ready to rent. I'll be scraping the fifty year old paint off the porch and priming it today. It's like having a second job. We have hired a contractor and his helper to do the real work though. So we are not really that industrious. :sickyet:

Bottle has candy corn, and KAndre her stiletto heel and spork. I dunno if those are in the emoticon gallery or not. Neither are really intuitive in the sense that it matches their screen names. I have no idea how you would symbolilze jmh123. :hahaha: Really, all of FCA is kind of tomatoey, dontcha think?

I kind of always pictured Jmh123 as the smiley with a book for some reason.

I can't find it here at FCA, but do you mean this one from the OFC?? book.gif

you know I always wanted to meet Clay so I could tell him how his cause of inclusion came so close to my heart. After going to Spamalot 3 times no sd (not that I would get this story out) and the first year I join the OFC is the year they don't include m&g's I guess I now really now it will never happen. Anyway, I wrote a letter in the Dear Clay section of the OFC. I know he never reads there but for some reason I felt it was as close as I would ever get to telling him.

if anyone wants to read it here it is

http://forums.clayonline.com/showthread.php?t=17253

hope everyone has a good night :)

Wonderful letter to Clay--and I'm sure what you did for that child meant the world to her on so many levels.

tribeca... such a touching story! You did what you could in the constraints you were working in. I think you definitely get major points for that one and if Clay ever does read that, I'm sure it will touch his heart, too.

I would recommend you email that story to Aaron at BAF. I'll bet they could use it on their website as another reason for inclusion.

I want my own emotie... I think it should be a smiley looking into a crystal ball, since I live surrounded by crystals and teach about them at the local JC. I'm afraid to go to one of those smiley sites, I got a virus from one onct and have never gone again. If anyone sees one like that, could you steal it for me???

Clay's apology is getting a little play, I see by the headlines when I pulled up my internet provider today. Good!

Ah, it's so quiet. I went to a play the other night and these lines struck me...

Policemen love dissidents, like the Inquisition loved heretics. Heretics give meaning to the defenders of the faith. Nobody cares more than a heretic. Your friend Havel cares so much he writes a long letter to Husak. It makes no odds whether it's a love letter or a protest letter. It means they're playing on the same board. So Husak can relax, he's made the rules, it's his game.

So... does anybody know where my sweet babbooo has gone?

me... ----> :cocktail:
A bunch of folks like that as well. Will you share?

me... ----> :cocktail:
A bunch of folks like that as well. Will you share?

:cocktail: 's are made to share....

*gets up and fetches a fresh round for jamar and everyone else* I see you down there, kimiye! Could you email/text the dates when we'll be enjoying this with you next month? Eeeee!

I want my own emotie... I think it should be a smiley looking into a crystal ball, since I live surrounded by crystals and teach about them at the local JC. I'm afraid to go to one of those smiley sites, I got a virus from one onct and have never gone again. If anyone sees one like that, could you steal it for me???

I haven't come acros a smilie like that yet, but I did find this: crystal_ball_md_clr.gif

ETA: fairy_17.gifcrystal.gifcrystalball.gif

Oops, forgot to sign out! My PC is on all the time, so if I'm logged into the board, there's no telling where I really am.

I'll be driving into Sugar Land on Friday, June 5, and leaving Thursday, June 11. I don't know what days my sister has off yet (likely Sat-Tues), so the schedule is mostly in flux. We will be visiting the Terra Cotta Warriors at the museum on Sunday. Hope to see more of the eHP this time!

Scarlett, I love the quote you use as your signature.

--------------------

“In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer.”

—Albert Camus (1913-1960), author and philosopher

---------------------

It reminds me of Clay. He is a strong person.

It also reminds me of a time in my life where I dug deep and came out on the other side. Thanks for posting it.

I like this emoticon :), the smiley face !!

I cannot wait for career news... I think we will get some this summer !!! :)

So do ya think there's enough for a new book NOW, Clay? LOL

What shall you call it? Sooo many possibilities :wordpooper:

Perhaps:

Simon Say's: Shut Up and Sing 2

(Learning to keep my foot outta mah mouth)

:whistling-1: I LOVE Clay Aiken and hope you know I'd buy the reqesite 10 copies baby!!

ETA: crystal.gif

bottle... just what I was thinking of. THANKS!!! :BlowKiss:

gallery_843_37_12027.gifFound this one at MSN heaven. No virus warnings came up for me on this site.

00lsee... this one makes me laugh. I love it, too... THANKS!!! :BlowKiss:

Couchie... or whoever does this. Can we add these two emoties to our lineup? :crystal: and :crytalball: maybe???? Thanks!

I think we will get some this summer !!!

Oh, cool!!!!!!

Um, wait, you just mean news................

djs... BWAH!!! :hahaha::cryingwlaughter::hahaha:

treenuts... GREAT title! I'd buy 10 copies, too! :hahaha:

From CV:

Micheal Orland's Facebook:

Michael Orland also confirmed on Facebook that Clay brought Parker to the show & he seemed excited to meet the baby.

and...

Michael Orland posted

Can't sleep. Think i'm stressed out about the stress test i have to go for at 8 a.m. LOL.

Clay Aiken at 3:40am May 22

That treadmill part will BEAT YOUR ASS!

Susan Boyle's Memory from Cats performance on YouTube. She faltered a bit in a couple of places and the whole performance wasn't as strong, but I still got shivers when she really belted it out about the middle of the song (2:23 in). She looks very nice with her darker hair and a bit more makeup. She won into the next round.

ldyj.... thanks for bringing that over. I have met Michael and he has been very good at being Clay's friend. Even when being quizzed about Clay, he revealed nothing we didn't already know. Clay has loyal friends.